Effects thoughts have on chakra centres (either primary or secondary)

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkCloud

Can energy centers be affected by thoughts or whatnot? Like, negative thoughts drain power from your centres well positive somewhat restores them?

If that's the case, what's REALLY effecting the centers then? You awareness, right? Which is a extension of your MIND.

So, one could say a strong mind (along with devotion and pratice) is all thats needed to advance in NEW mostly?
"To a dreamer, there is no such thing as impossible, there are only possibilities."

Stookie

I would agree with that. Normally, a person's awareness is in the brow area, probably because that's where a person's eyes are located. Awareness is drawn from the other senses also, and bounces around wherever stimulated. Energy work is taking that awareness and putting it where you choose regardless of outside stimulation, which takes concentration. For the best concentration, a person has to put aside thoughts, especially negative ones. Having confidence will definately have an impact.

A strong will/mind and concentration are 2 very important factors in meditation and energy work. You could say that it also works in reverse: by practicing energy work, a person can hone their ability to concentrate.

WalkerInTheWoods

I agree with both of you. I have noticed that my thoughts have an effect on my body, both physical and energy. And likewise doing energy exercises and/or physical exercises can influence the others. It shows that we are a system and not separate, unconnected components.
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

DarkCloud

"Where awareness goes, the chi will follow". Most eastern practices call this the "Concept of Yi" which means Intention or Will.

It seems no different in what R.B. teaches, using your awareness to guide the energy in your body (and outside energy as well) to your energy centers to stimulate them.

So I think the best thing one can do to truly advance in energy work is have a good mind and concentration. It really has little to do with feeling physically more that it does actually holding  your awareness in one spot, no matter how you may do it.
"To a dreamer, there is no such thing as impossible, there are only possibilities."