News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Energy Raising/drowsiness?

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Drowsiness was a problem for me for many years. When I would sit to meditate at the worst of my problem, it seemed that I would be dreaming in less than a minute. Learning reiki fixed this, although fatigue and chills followed still for some time. One teacher told me that it meant I was not getting enough sleep and that was why my body tried to sleep whenever it got the chance.

Tia

I think it's the mental effort of concentration used doing NEW, plus the repitition of the exercises = boredom.  Also you are 'working' your energy body and using a lot of your own energy, Reiki energy comes from somewhere outside of yourself doesn't it?    

Tom

Reiki frequently causes drowsiness at first, actually. I still do it to help myself sleep at times. The difference it made was that after working with it some time my regular meditation stopped putting me to sleep instantly.

kifyre

I also believe it's lack of sleep. When I get enough, I'm not drowsy at all during energy work.

Perhaps your body takes the chance to send a very strong message about what it needs. (sleep)

Mark

kakkarot

it may also have to do with whether or not you are pulling your energy away from your physical body and focusing solely on your spirit, or if you are attaching your energy to your body when you move it around.

if you move your energy around in the space that your body occupies, it doesn't neccessarily mean that the energy is moving through your muscles and making them more energetic. it may be that you are merely moving your energy about in your spiritual body and somewhat disconnecting your body from your spirit.

Secret of Secrets

Ides315

With me, it awakens me mentally, at the time. Though when my planned activities are done, I do tend to drift off to sleep, with my energy body still active. It also seems if I have been doing something "strenuous" energetically that I can become drained for a few days. The interesting thing is if I try to nap during those times, my mind just wants to meditate, not really sleep. I use those times to more actively intake to recharge myself. And listen to my mind.

Best wishes

astralc

Dear Galgorth

I have used Tai Chi for many years and one of the exercises involves breathing or pushing chi out through the feet, hands and head. If you push too much chi out through your head you will get dizzy, spaced out, headaches and really tired - it is also one way to force astral travel experiences.

I suspect that you create too much head chi, congestion in the head. If this is the case try earthing or breathing chi out through your feet for a change. this will balance your energy body and make your experiences much safer.

Good luck.

Astralc

Grenade01

Kind of off topic
But I wanted to mention something somewhat related

Ive had a few really weird OBE that seems almost unnatural (like I was almost pulled out by someone)  Nothing crazy happened in them, but they were generally the most lucid...conscious obe's ive hever had..

The funny thing is, right before I had these I mysteriously became really tired.  Like one time I was talking on the phone and all of a sudden my eyelids felt really heavy and I couldnt stop yawning.. when minutes before I was watching tv, having a lively conversation, and having a cup of coffee..  It felt like i had narcolepsy or something..I told the person on the phone i suddenly feel really tired and i have to go..then almost passed out.  This happened in like a matter of a minute or two.   and I had a really conscious spontanious obe... and then i woke up about 15 minutes later feeling completely normal and not tired.

it was the weirdest thing and its happened to me a few times.
I almost felt like id been drugged or something...

[][][] <-- boxes --> [][][]

Grenade01

This is a direct quote from Robert Bruce's NEW guide.
Dont know if it means much to you.

"Please keep in mind that when a blockage is cleared it can often cause high energy usage, far in excess of the amount of energy available or being stored at that time. This can result in fatigue and temporary physical exhaustion; seemingly for no apparent reason. Often more energy is used to clear and repair blockages than can be raised and stored, thereby causing a temporary energy deficit. "

Maybe when you raise energy you are sending a lot of energy through these semi blocked passageways, and using a lot from your storage centers, rather than drawing it in..
Maybe you should focus on specifically storing energy 2/3 of the time, and raising/clearing blockages the other 1/3.

Hope that helps

[][][] <-- boxes --> [][][]

Galgorth

I've been using NEW for about a year now, and I've noticed that whenever I raise energy, I sometimes tend to get drowsy, and feel like taking a nap.  What's even stranger though, is that when I project energy (in a prayer to heal somebody, for example) I feel invigorated and full of energy.  It seems to me that I should get drowsy when I project and invigorated when I raise energy. Any thoughts?