News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Energy work and SEX

Previous topic - Next topic

distant bell

I have been living in celebacy for qite a while, I donĀ“t
really know if it dose any difference for the energy work
though. Some occultists see sex as a magical act that actually
helps rais the energylevel. But I guess the only way to learn
these things is to try them out.

Tom

A book I read by Mantak Chia (who teaches according to Taoist yogic traditions) says that the fluid the male loses in sex has 100 x as much energy as an equivalent amount of blood. Additionally, there is the vitamin and mineral content to consider. He says that according to the traditional Taoist teachings, a man actually shortens his lifespan by having sex in the conventional fashion too often. The frequency he suggests to break even is 0.2 times however many years old you are for the number of days between occasions. For example, someone who is 30 years old would be advised to limit conventional sex to once every 6 days. His books suggest methods for retaining certain fluids during sex and for deliberatingly exchanging energy directly with one's partner to balance yin and yang energies.

Rob

OK, now unfortunately I am no "expert" here but I do know that during organism lots of sexual energy is exchanged to your partner. It is therefore resonably logical that the quality of the orgasm determines the armount of energy released (eg female orgasm last longer, but take longer to...happen). So sex should be more of a exchange of energies, rather than a draining. However, a fair bit of energy is used up in the actual personal act of sex, like any good exercise (eg lots of calories burned).

I have also heard that too many organms is not good, although if I remember rightly it was something like more than 1 million in a lifetime. After that your physical body decides through natural processes that you have had enough, natural evolution has been forfilled and so the body starts to "shut down". I do not think most people need worry about that unduly, although I agree it is quite likely age and some sort of scaling is likely a factor.

Rob

Edited by - Inguma on 15 March 2002  03:57:05
(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

dido

Hi! I have learned the Taoist techniques taught by Mantack Chia in his book 'The Multiorgasmic Man'. It is true, in my opinion, that sex can drain your energy. It is not the actual sex that drains but, in a male, the ejaculation. For a woman it is different. Women lose energy (according to Mantack Chia) during menstruation. They don't waste energy during sex, but they are usually unable to use the energy they receive from their partners. If, however, there is a strong bond between the partners, some energy exchange will actually take place just the same. But it is possible to learn how to enhance this natural process. And, belive me, it is worth the effort!
  The trick for a man is to learn how to draw the sexual energy during the act (alone or with a partner) up the spine and into the brain and then bring this energy in the sub-navel storage centre.
  This way, it is possible to have as many orgasms a man can endure without losing energy and without ejaculation. The result is a better sex and a lot of energy that can be exchanged with the partner (actually 'creating' a bond of love) and/or used for energy work.

It's not difficult at all, it only takes some time and exercise (that is fun). I have been able to do it and I'm a really average 49 year old man and not a Superman at all! I'm now working with Robert Bruce's NEW (it's fantastic!) and I don't have any trouble at allwith my groin energy centers !

I'm Italian so, please, do forgive my English.

Edited by - dido on 15 March 2002  13:50:39

Healthwoman

I don't ever have a sexual desire after energy work. All I know for sure is that now that I practice energy work the sex is 50 times better. (Orgasmically speaking)

http://touch_of_health.tripod.com/index.htm
"Grin & Ignore It!!!!!"

Winged_Wolf

From what I've seen, sex can deplete a person's life energy, which would make using that more difficult, possibly--or briefly it might make it easier, hence sex magick, as it liberates a lot of that energy.  (Wasted, if a new life isn't formed or something isn't done with it).

On the other hand, psi seems to be generated by nervous system activity, so sex increases psi energy levels. :)

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf
http://www.lulu.com/wingedwolfpsion
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."

kifyre

I gain mild spontaneous auric sight after sexual activity. Only time I can see my own aura, at this point.

Mark

Kristen

Hi All -

IMO sex involves an exchange of mental, emotional, and physical energy - and that interplay of energy can be postive or negative - can deplete or enhance depending on so many factors...I would say the most important factor would be the level of love that is being communicated. The more real love is there, the more sex is positively energy enhancing and spiritual. *IMO*

Kristen

bitsmart

I've just begun reading and practicing Tantra, but what I understand about it so far goes something like this...

Sexual activity of any kind starts producing chemicals in your body, similar to the state of puberty. This chemical state has powerful holistic healing ability. Keeping the chemical factory going longer not only causes more healing and better health, but it opens up higher levels of consciousness. The reason for this consciousness expansion as I understand it is a little complex, but I'll elaborate if someone wishes. Orgasm shuts down this chemical factory, so the practice of Dianism is sexual activity without orgasm; walking away from the activity still 'turned on.' This keeps the chemical factory going with all its benefits. The main point is that prolonged sexual activity without orgasm creates a lot of energy and positive chemical changes in the body.

Tantra has been practiced for hundreds of years, so I'm not just making this up. *wink*

bitsmart -
information illumination -
bitsmart@bitsmart.org -

dido

I'm sorry,Bitsmart, but Taoist don't agree and according to my experience they are probably right. It's not orgasms that 'shut down the chemical factory' but, in males, ejaculation. The trick is to learn how to have lots of the firsts and none of the second. This way it is possible to have all the energy and good health you want without giving up the fun. Bye.

Edited by - dido on 21 March 2002  14:17:22

bitsmart

I guess I am mistaken. I had the idea right but the terms wrong. Thank you for pointing out this fact. For males, orgasm = OK, ejaculation = not.

bitsmart -
information illumination -
bitsmart@bitsmart.org -

davsy007

Hi!
I find that while energy levels build up when not ejaculating- it builds the energy up through the heart and so ends asking for ?more love. Ive found that i've been wanting a deeper relationship that reflects the deeper level of emotion I get through restraining my initial lust or lower levels of activity.

fredhedd

this is an older post but i couldn't resist and this may be a bit harsh but what about blue balls?

Tom

If you put a tourniquet on a body part, trapping the blood there, the oxygen and nutrients get used up while waste products from cells build up. This develops into a painful condition. The slang term "blue balls" refers to blood trapped in the penis. The systems which keep the blood there to fill erectile tissues can act like a tourniquet which is too tight and held too long.

fredhedd

ah, so it's not the build up w/out ejaculation that hurts but the long term erection.  good name for the condition.  any idea who came up w/ it?  did someone meditate on a mountain for a few months for that one?

Tom

It probably has to do with the appearance of stagnant blood in veins near the surface of the skin. You have also heard the term "blue bloods" for people whose status was high enough to keep them from having to work for a living, because their inactivity resulted in bad circulation. The topic seemed to have moved to prolonging sex. It is a good idea, but it is also true that it can be overdone.

Meg

Sorry folks, but I thought "blue ballls" was an excuse made up by teenage boys to get their girlfriends into bed!

I'm serious.

Meg

"...listening like the orange tree..."  - John Shaw Neilson

http://journeytothecentre.blogspot.com

WalkerInTheWoods

quote:
Originally posted by Meg:
Sorry folks, but I thought "blue ballls" was an excuse made up by teenage boys to get their girlfriends into bed!

I'm serious.

Meg

I think that is what is is used for actually. I personally have never experienced any pain from desire. The only time I have had any pain has been when I have been making love for an extended period of time, say an hour or more, without allow my penis to soften for a minute. Once one no longer strives for ejaculation then sex can last much longer, but it is important to remember that you need to let the blood circulate. Allowing the penis to soften every 20 minutes is a good idea.

I agree with the Taoist. Orgasms are good and can give you more energy. Ejaculation releases energy which is usually wasted unless you are wanting to procreate. I must say from experience that energy work and sex make for an awesome combination that can help improve all parts of your life.

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

ralphm

I thought blue bloods were descended from jesus and became the kings of europe. I had pain in my testicles during seperation recently and I was wondering if it was from too much sex.

In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

WalkerInTheWoods

quote:
Originally posted by ralphm:
I thought blue bloods were descended from jesus and became the kings of europe. I had pain in my testicles during seperation recently and I was wondering if it was from too much sex.

I do not know anything about blue bloods. I thought they were University of Kentucky Wildcat fans.

Not sure I understand your last sentence. Are you saying you were separated from your usually partner and had lots of sex with others? I would say lots of sex could be the cause, especially if you are not use to a lot of sex. Just like any other part of your body, if you use it more than it is use to then it can be sore.

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

jason

Can anyone recommend any websites,or describe techniques to learn how to achieve orgasm without wasting energy in ejaculation? I find it to be a huge waste of energy.After engaging in any sexual activity I find that I am unable to have concious astral  projection,or achieve projection from lucid dream.Auric vision is also weaker ,I think.Also, I just don't feel as good as when I have all that energy running through me.When I do happen to achieve a lucid dream,my energy is so low that I have basically no clarity or control,and certainly not enough energy to leave the dream behind.Please keep in mind that I use a library computer (no graphic pictures please!http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_blush.gif" border=0>)Any help would be appreciated.Is it true that cagal(?) exercises can help men in this way? If so, how does one "practise" this? Does any one else practise that "tibetan exercise #6" described in a thread about 2 months ago? I do that once in awhile,but perhaps not enough,as I haven't noticed much difference in chacra energy levels.

The musical conciousness is mind beneath the sun.

kifyre

quote:
Originally posted by jason:
Can anyone recommend any websites,or describe techniques to learn how to achieve orgasm without wasting energy in ejaculation? I find it to be a huge waste of energy.After engaging in any sexual activity I find that I am unable to have concious astral  projection,or achieve projection from lucid dream.Auric vision is also weaker ,I think.Also, I just don't feel as good as when I have all that energy running through me.When I do happen to achieve a lucid dream,my energy is so low that I have basically no clarity or control,and certainly not enough energy to leave the dream behind.Please keep in mind that I use a library computer (no graphic pictures please!http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_blush.gif" border=0>)Any help would be appreciated.Is it true that cagal(?) exercises can help men in this way? If so, how does one "practise" this? Does any one else practise that "tibetan exercise #6" described in a thread about 2 months ago? I do that once in awhile,but perhaps not enough,as I haven't noticed much difference in chacra energy levels.

www.multiples.com

I can personally recommend the method above. There's a huge support system with a forum and chats. It's not the only way though! It's just another path to awaken what's inherently part of us all.

Mark

jason

That's an interesting site,but I don't think i'd be able to use the "key sound" because I am a border in a house with thin walls! The owner of the house in a room  close to mine would think "what the hell is he doing in there!" .The idea of using a different kind of breathing to push the energy down and diffuse it,rather than the usual fast, shallow breaths from the upper chest, is interesting.It seems like it's just a matter of diffusing, and moving the energy throughout the body, rather than just in one place,as in the "normal" way of stimulation..Like the guy who made the website said-it's a technique that's already built into us, we just have to take some time and remember how to do it.Us astral projectors who are somewhat adept at moving energy around in our various bodies should be able to do this stuff, with some practicehttp://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>.What is the "key sound"? I don't think it would be an absolute neccessity (hopefully).If not, I can probably just figure this stuff out myself.It's just a matter of breaking habits, and trying new techniques.

The musical conciousness is mind beneath the sun.

WalkerInTheWoods

I have not checked out the site, mostly because I am usually online at work during breaks and am not about to click on that link here. I can tell you that no key sound is necessary. The basics is to move your sexual energy out of your genital area and into other parts of your body. Taoism suggests pulling the energy up your spine to the top of your head and then down your front, or if it is easier do it in reverse and pull up the front and down the back. Sometimes I find it easier to pull up the back and sometimes I find it easier to pull up the front. Deep breathing is good for the exercise. Sometimes if you are close to loosing control fast, shallow breathing can be good for removing the excess energy quickly, but slow deep breathing should be used most of the time for control. I have posted a link to a good book on this subject in another thread on this topic. If you are interested you might look it up. The book is called something like The Multi-Orgasmic Man.

the_demigod

quote:
Originally posted by Tom:
It probably has to do with the appearance of stagnant blood in veins near the surface of the skin. You have also heard the term "blue bloods" for people whose status was high enough to keep them from having to work for a living, because their inactivity resulted in bad circulation. The topic seemed to have moved to prolonging sex. It is a good idea, but it is also true that it can be overdone.

there were also other theories about the blue-bloods, like copper-based blood systems, etc.

Vendi, Vidi, Vici, Mucho denero.
[I came, I saw, I conquered, I got paid--my mercenary motto]
Vendi, Vidi, Vici, Mucho denero.
[I came, I saw, I conquered, I got paid--my mercenary motto]