News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Energywork results in a cold..why?

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowatcher

Ive never heard of getting a cold, but Im pretty sure being tired is a common aftereffect of energy training. Unfortunately, energy training can have completely opposite effects on people:

Waking up, refreshing,

or

Tiring out, fatiguing,

James S

Weaknesses in the energy body can translate into weaknesses in the physical body. Theres's the connection.

As to why you might have weaknesses in the energy body after such energy training - are you storing the energy that you raise?
Raising large quantities of energy is all well and good, but it needs to be stored and not ull used up. Its the storing of energy that helps both the energy body and physical body.

James.

Votan

Well, it happens a lot. I very often become sneezy and my nose starts running when i do energywork. This is often accompanied by a light inside that i so bright and sharp that it stings my inner eye.
Anyone who had the same experience or has got a clue to what this is?
It is definitely annoyoing...:)

/Votan

panabelle

I've accidentally given myself a minor fever quite a few times, but that's about it.

Derk

U usually get warm not cold when doing energy work. Maybe you got too much yin.

samurji

Hmph...and here I am thinking that I'm the only person going through this. Everytime I do major ki training I get a cold! I just figure that I've used up enegy that my immune system needed you know like drawing enegy from cells, but I could be wrong lets not start an arguement over it.

Also, If I practice ki in my room for too long or too much my room get hot. I've even got a thermometer in there and it sky rocketed to over 80 degrees!

mustard

quote:
Originally posted by Votan

Everytime I do a really intense energy-training-pass I get a cold.
Now, of course one could say this is natural since the body gets rid of a lot of toxins and so on..but it seem to be something more to it and i just can´t get it.
Any ideas?

And really..this NEW-training is some piece of work..worse than going to the gym :) I get exhausted and my body really fell like i have been in the gym for hours afterwards. With the exception that it isn´t the muscles that hurt :)
[^]

are you eating proparly ,eat foods with more proteins and vitamins or else your immune system will get weaker especially  
with energy training your body might not have enough energy to
fight common cold trust me this is a real answer

mattrox

try doing some tai chi after your energy work.  untrained people that harness large amount of energies often do not balance it throughout their body.  chi imbalances lead to disease. try focusing on balancing if you are meditating.  if you put all of your energy into your hand make sure you let loose of it and get new energy or balance it back to where it came from

Ceriel N

Mee too!

*Ahem*
When I started Chi Kung excercises a little over a year ago I suddenly had two colds after each other when I had not been sick a single day for 5 years. That was in Autum, and the same thing happend at Spring too. This Autum I've also been sick two times.

So we have a definite pattern here. Which means we need a good explanation... =/
"We work in the dark - we do what we can- we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion, and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art."
- Henry James

kakkarot

when doing energy work there are times when your body does become fatigued, and the immune system becomes fatigued with the rest of it.

and we all know that if your immune system starts not working as well, viruses and bacteria have an easier time infecting you.

so if you have been susceptible to getting sick after doing energy work, i would suggest that you spend five minutes or so at the end of each session by focusing on having your energy revitalize your body and keep it healthy. it may or may not help, but it's at least worth a shot ^_^

~kakkarot

Votan

Everytime I do a really intense energy-training-pass I get a cold.
Now, of course one could say this is natural since the body gets rid of a lot of toxins and so on..but it seem to be something more to it and i just can´t get it.
Any ideas?

And really..this NEW-training is some piece of work..worse than going to the gym :) I get exhausted and my body really fell like i have been in the gym for hours afterwards. With the exception that it isn´t the muscles that hurt :)
[^]