News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Fasting !

Previous topic - Next topic

Rastus

I hope you survive with no serious physical damage, truly!

2-3 weeks?  for what purpose?  3 days is usually sufficient to reach you maximum physical potential.  Longer than that and you body changes to starvation mode and you have other issues.  2-3 weeks only for people experienced in the process.
There is a physical limitation upon how much light a human body can sustain. Interestingly, there is no limit on how much light a human vessel can generate. When fully enlightened you must instill your light in order to maintain its wisdom.

Nagual

Yep, 2-3 weeks is a lot for a "beginner" who only did 3 days...
Be very carefull with the "back to eating" process!
Best to keep in touch with your doctor, just in case.
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Deiuo

Well fasting for 2-3 weeks is the goal... I'll go as far as I safely can, and I'll change or correct my attitude whenever I see some big issues coming up during the fast (heavy fatigue, weight loss, etc...). For example, if I'm having a hard time at some point, I'm planning to go on juice fasting for a while.

My recent fasting experience of 3 days brought up some nice tips and ideas, like emptying the bowels before the fast, taking pills against gastric juices, etc...

Have any of you fasted before ? Any tips ?

But I also agree that getting some advices from a doctor/physician is a good idea.

Rastus

Like I stated before, 3 days is enough.  48 hours usually have your body in the correct 'mode', and by 3 days your all in sync.  You've been ketosis for awhile.  But, you body hasn't shifted to permanent starvation mode yet.

I'm not sure what you hope to achieve with 2-3 weeks?  Unless your very very experienced, you mind will tomrment you about food, and your meditation will be ruined.  If you can meditate in the middle of a British soccer match, and not lose deep meditation when a beer bottle hits you in the head, then you can go 3 weeks fasting.  Poor analogy, but you get the idea.

I have good luck with 24 hour fasts.  If I know I need to do some serious work, I eat well the night before, then nothing until after I'm done the next night.  Very serious work I go 2-4 days, depending on my Intention.  More than that I don't see the need.
There is a physical limitation upon how much light a human body can sustain. Interestingly, there is no limit on how much light a human vessel can generate. When fully enlightened you must instill your light in order to maintain its wisdom.

yothu

The only book that I read about "how to do healthy fasting" is the following: The Joy of Perfect Health
by Tom Chalko. I liked it very much and did a 5 day juice fasting a year after I read it. The book explains how to properly prepare for fasting (cleaning your bowel, what to eat the day before, coming out of fasting etc)

This book explains what you can do to maximize your natural self healing ability.

Available for 15 bucks here: http://www.bioresonant.com/bookshop.html
The only thing that is "paranormal" in the Universe is our limited understanding of it.

Krevency

Not to pick on you, but I share the others' concern about your extremely long water fast.  Juice fast seems a little more reasonable, but not for as long.

If my understanding is correct, you fast for the sake of not wasting energies on digestion.  It seems to me that a juice fast would be no worse than a water fast in this case.

I've fruit-fasted a few times, just for the hell of it, really.  Fresh fruits, fruit juices and herbal tea.  Nothing dried or anything like that.  As long as your tummy's empty, if falls through you like a... oh, I don't need a metaphor for that.  Either way, it keep you really hungry, but you don't get fatigued or anything.

Deiuo

Hi everyone,

I just started a water fast, for a period of 2 to 3 weeks. Last week, I have started to fast for 3 days, and could feel my energy pathways becoming cleaner and healthier !

Have some you ever started a fast like this ? Do you have some advices ? Does it really make such a difference for the energy body ?