News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Fasting

Previous topic - Next topic

Souljah333

congratulations dear SOM!
didn't think you'd actually give it a go. i'm proud. i never expected you to go 14 days your first try. it is crazy how much food is a distraction/escape. three days will demonstrate that obsession, but it doesn't really make it clear how very little food we need. you would have to go at least to week to see that. i don't expect you trying it again for a while. :wink: that first meal is well worth it though. yes the detoxing will get you...and depending on how much crap is stored up in the organs and tissue...you can feel pretty down & out the first few days. still that was great!!!

my first fast was 14 days, but that was more bcuz i took it as a personal challenge that i just couldn't afford to give into (one more day). you have to stay busy! i smoke which made it a little easier...but i smoked a lot that first week! after the first week i didn't care about food at all. it was strange to watch others eat in front of me at the point. how starving everyone always seemed to be...gorging themselves. just the subconscious way they attack food and stuff it down. i was also experiencing such a natural high at that point that i didn't want to start eating again. i actually had to force myself. so i thought i could just keep it simple. you know...it's good to eat a plain potato and really understand what it tastes like. without the salt, butter, sour cream, chives, bacon bits, melted cheese, etc.  :shock:
it was crazy how fast that obsession came back!!! the first couple of days was very methodical. the ritual of preparing the food & eating...then i just reverted right back to old habits & mindlessness.
i was doing the 14 day fast every three months. haven't done so now in a year. time again...and i'm pretty sure you have inspired me. hm  :?

all in all i'm very impressed with your efforts.
and glad you shared your experiences. thanx
NEW (again) MYSTICMYSFITS.COM

patapouf

Quote from: Major Tom

A while ago a couple of economists have compared standard of living and buying power in today's times...with that of the 50s.

It turned out that things have actually gone backwards.

In the 50s...you could actually start a family...get a morgage on a house...buy a car for transportation..and all those things when you were in your early 20s, or younger event.

Nowadays..a lot of young people live with their parents until their late twenties..since it has become much harder.

So much for economic development. Somebody got richer, but it's not the average worker.

You're totally right on that and this is easy to observe. Nowadays, the whole family have to work if they want to live a normal life; in the 40's many woman's were not working. Today, what is considered a normal life is different also; you need so many things now: everybody got a car, a cell phone, a microwave, monthly payments for the cable, etc. We use import/export to a point were it is ridiculous, things that could be easily done in our countries are done on the other side of the planets. As a matter of fact, extremist capitalism is used. The economy is taking way to much space in our cultures and it is literally choking everybody (even other life beings and the whole planet). We have become disconnected in many aspect of what is a normal adaption of living, we will have to change soon or later because we will pay the price for it.

If you go to the grocery store and you are poor, it is still possible to buy some non-organic veggies and fruits for a decent price but people do not like to eat veggies and fruits; they will buy the frozen foods or Krap Dinner mix thing in a combo with a 2 liter of Coke or Pepsi (which is cheaper than water....) with a all sugary dessert.  

New laws against pesticide might help to force some people to turn toward organic farming. But there is another huge problem that just take the place of the other: modified foods. They now change the genes of many things to ''make it stronger'' and ''bigger'' and already say that there is no danger for the future generations! They have done some intensive study for 100 years already? That is plain ignorance of course.... Anyway, organic farming (I hope) will grow larger and this is us, the population, who have to work toward it.  The richy filthy just don't care about others, they only want to drink their 1000$ dollars bottle of fermented alcoholic beverages (wine).

Take care,

Seeker of Matter

Phew... I am quite glad I live in Denmark. We don't have so many Mc Donald's there as you do in the USA. Knightlight If you have any problem with money then just immigrate to Denmark and we will pay you for doing absolutely nothing! It is called "supplementary benefit" and that is what you get when you do not have a job. Long live the social security in Denmark. I go to school now and the state actually pays me 220$ a month just for going to school. That takes care of the need for a job for me + I live at home due to the fact that I for one actually like my parents and I hardly ever argue with them. Yes I know I have it all too good but at least I am aware of it :)

And to that fasting business.
I have actually come to believe in the power of the mind after this experience and after other people's experiences. Some report that they can gain huge benefits from fasting. That the senses become clearer and that they can think better etc. I was very skeptical when I engaged myself in this business and I think that THAT was the reason why I didn't feel so much. I didn't believe in it. Well others seriously believe that a fast will help on many things, and so they start feeling better when they fast. It is a placebo effect I think. Because things do happen in the body and if one believes those things to be "purifying" they will be!!!

+ I doubt that after million of years of evolution that the body would not recognize "toxins" and remove them automatically. That you would have to starve yourself in order to purify yourself against the body's needs. If the body "knew" that, it would simply have implanted a desire to starve itself just like it has implanted desires for everything ells that it needs... well at least for many things that it needs ;)

Thank you for your support Souljah. It was you that inspired me in the first place so the equation would surely equalize if I then manage to inspire you. An eye for an eye right ;)

astral boy

Quote from: FrankHi:

Generally, what people choose to eat is obviously their business but I would invite people to please look at the consequences of their choices in relation to the animal side of things. If you can help to ease just a little of their suffering by choosing free-range over battery as regards eggs, for example. Then, collectively, it makes a LOT of difference.

Animals are life forms just like we are and they deserve to be treated with respect. Even if you choose to eat them, okay, I don't agree with that, but please try to ensure that the animals you choose to eat have not suffered in the horrendous way they do in these factory farms.

Factory farms are capitalism gone crazy.

I am vegetarian, I cannot say Vegan as I eat a little goats cheese and eggs now and again. But the goats cheese I buy I know the farmer's wife who makes it. I sit amongst the field of the goats (I love their smell) and say hello to them. I know the chickens that laid the eggs. They are running around my feet wanting attention (chickens are very demanding of attention when they get to know you).

I realise not everyone can be this connected with the animal produce they consume. But at least please spare a thought, that is all I would ask.  

Yours,
Frank

Absolutely Frank!  I have been eating meat earlier and it really does not taste anything and if it does it is not a good taste. There must be some spices on it and then instead we could put that spice on some other food. But also it´s the chewing resistance. Some kind of psychologic addiction because i doubt a meat freak would love a blendered steak. Very strange.

I just read about Breatherianism. People who say they live on light and don´t need food. Some say we are this light. Have you experience of this light? I read somewhere that humans used to be like this way back in history. True or not

Stookie

I live in the US and find it HARD to eat healthy. I try to, but there is such little healthy food to choose from. (Plus, I can't cook worth a darn).  When you find organic food, it tends to be really expensive. It's like our society does not want us to be healthy.  

My town is lined with fast-food restaurants left and right. To eat at a nicer restaurant, you have to be prepared to spend some cash. As a child, my parents took us out to dinner about once every 2 months. My mom cooked every night (until she went back to school so we could be a "double income" family, like many other Americans). Now I'm single, living alone ...and hungry for decent food!

Drew

I'm sure you lose a lot of muscle weight when fasting, which is why I will never try it, I worked hard to gain the muscle I have and I plan on preserving it for as long as I can. ):

Orro

Good idea. I've wondered about fasting, but I don't know if I could go through with it, the splitting pain and extreme crankiness that comes with not eating would not make it worthwhile for me. I can go for hours without food, though, I'm used to sometimes not eating my first meal of the day until four PM (which is always hearty but low-fat), and not eating lunches or desserts. I don't mind at all, it keeps me lean.  :roll:

StaticVagabond

Just had to bring this crap into a forum based around astral projection...

Anyways, as far as organic food goes, if tomorrow the world switched every means of farming over to organic methods, millions would die. It is the non-organic methods that have allowed humanity to increase it's size drastically (and that doesn't mean your waist size). Also due to these methods it takes less land to produce a higher quality/quantity of said food. Organic food costs more because the percentage of surviving crop is far less then those protected through chemical means. Though these means of food production may be unhealthy, there's always this to remember: there are more people today then there ever has been, and people live longer now then they ever have.

As far as meat goes, we were meant to eat it, there's a reason we're omnivores. You don't need incisors or canines for eating lettuces. One problem with meat today though is that cows are pumped to the gills with antibiotics so that they live longer, grow fatter, and thus produce more profit. Those antibiotics remain in the meat and traces of them are being consumed every time you eat a Big Mac. As far as killing them goes, our methods just remove the entire hunting process. No matter how it's done the animal is still KILLED. It doesn't matter how it's done or how much thanks and praise you give it's deceased carcass, it still died for the purpose of providing you with food so you can continue living.

Concerning how much we make, the more technology there is the more strain it puts on humanity. Now with computers all across the world and being integrated into everything, the job market has shifted. No longer can you make a living working at a local store or as a school janitor because it doesn't require any education. When one job takes 3 days of training and the other takes years of college and thousands of dollars in fees to perform, who do you think will be payed more?

On outsourcing businesses, they only do it to a certain extent. If they could get away with it, every corporation in America would outsource, but if they did that no jobs would remain in America and then they'd lack consumers and in turn bring their own downfall. And ya'know, why should millions of poor Asians be allowed to have jobs :roll: ?

Listen, this post will probably tinkle of the lot of you, but I'm taking more of a factual outlook rather then a modern society is evil outlook. Not trying to be a willy with that, but after reading these posts THAT is the message I got from it. I don't want to change your way of life or how you go about doing things, so don't take it that way, but hey, if you do, I can't stop you.

Now please, can we get back to astral projection, energy development, etc, etc?

andonitxo

Well, it would be quite laborious to read the entire thread so I'm going to post my answer directly.

I do a fasting of 5 days every year. The overall result is really good, specially to cleanse your cells, but it is also true that your stamina level drops abruptly in the 4th day.

There's a felling of body and head lightness which forces you to stay calm and save energies. I use to do some yoga to stretch my body, because blood tension uses to go down.

But there's another way to improve mind power and it's sex contention. For me it is quite impossible but once I kept my seed for 7 days and my meditation capabilities boosted (I visualized even better).

bloodsong

I grew up on a farm, and still farm, so I feel I can address your issues a little here:

QuoteAnyways, as far as organic food goes, if tomorrow the world switched every means of farming over to organic methods, millions would die. It is the non-organic methods that have allowed humanity to increase it's size drastically (and that doesn't mean your waist size). Also due to these methods it takes less land to produce a higher quality/quantity of said food. Organic food costs more because the percentage of surviving crop is far less then those protected through chemical means. Though these means of food production may be unhealthy, there's always this to remember: there are more people today then there ever has been, and people live longer now then they ever have.

With organic methods, crop yields can be as high as 85%, comparable to non-organic methods.  The reason for this is because there are organic pesticides/insecticides that can be used to keep pests out of the crops.  Therefore, both the price issues you raise and the yield vs. land issue is not an issue.  The issue that comes into play is PRESERVATIVES.  This is the reason that I still farm.  The higher cost for organics is brought about by the fact that it is harder to keep food fresh without preservatives being pumped in, by the way, most of the preservatives being used in the mass market in America today are formaldehyde derivatives, and I don't know about you, but I do not want to be embalmed before my time.

QuoteAs far as meat goes, we were meant to eat it, there's a reason we're omnivores. You don't need incisors or canines for eating lettuces. One problem with meat today though is that cows are pumped to the gills with antibiotics so that they live longer, grow fatter, and thus produce more profit. Those antibiotics remain in the meat and traces of them are being consumed every time you eat a Big Mac. As far as killing them goes, our methods just remove the entire hunting process. No matter how it's done the animal is still KILLED. It doesn't matter how it's done or how much thanks and praise you give it's deceased carcass, it still died for the purpose of providing you with food so you can continue living.
Couldn't agree more.  Love my steak dinners!  However, I am a little worried about the life these animals had.  The meat you eat is made up of whatever the animal it came from metabolized.  I never exactly did meat farming, but I have done a lot of vegetable farming in my life, and that is what the cattle are metabolizing, soooooo....
Also, it is the fact that some cattle ranches are organic and feed appropriately to that distinction that even more of the organic vegetable yields don't reach grocery stores, driving prices up.
In accordance with your quantity/quality point, I will say this.  Talking to a friend who does do mainstream cattle farming (not enough money involved in organic ranching to get him to switch over), pound for pound, most organic meats are of better quality.  The reason is that the additives in the non organic feeds metabolize as fats, or cause metabolism to occur at a slower pace, resulting in the animal not getting the most out of the food it eats.

QuoteConcerning how much we make, the more technology there is the more strain it puts on humanity. Now with computers all across the world and being integrated into everything, the job market has shifted. No longer can you make a living working at a local store or as a school janitor because it doesn't require any education. When one job takes 3 days of training and the other takes years of college and thousands of dollars in fees to perform, who do you think will be payed more?

I find it easy to agree with the logic of this statement, but not the blatantness of the practice.  While a person who works harder at getting the job they have will make more, that has always been the way and is nothing new.  Doctors and lawyers have been the favorite whipping boys of the lower and middle class for ages because of this very reason.  However, we are currently entering a society, especially in America, where unless your parents come from this type of background, you can't afford to go get the training because of rising tuition costs.  It follows logically to me from this, that if those in charge are getting rich off of the labors of others, say, like Wal-Mart projecting $70.9 billion in first quarter next year, workers there could have a raise that would get them off of the welfare programs, or at least affordable health coverage.

QuoteOn outsourcing businesses, they only do it to a certain extent. If they could get away with it, every corporation in America would outsource, but if they did that no jobs would remain in America and then they'd lack consumers and in turn bring their own downfall. And ya'know, why should millions of poor Asians be allowed to have jobs  ?

I'm all for letting people work, but if I have to give up a job for it to go overseas, I would grump a lot less about it if the person getting the job get a comparable wage to what I would have had, but in the majority of cases, that isn't happening.

_cpp_

Namaste

I live on a fruitarian diet and it greatly affects the ability to meditate for longer periods.

As you transition to a cleaner diet your mind becomes more calm in a natural way.

I think it's helpful to illustrate the different stages of transition:

1. omnivorous
    2. vegetarian
    3. vegan
    4. raw food
    5. fruitarian
    6. liquidarian
    7. breatharian
    [/list:u]

It's perfectly clear that a pure body is more apt for energy work and astral projection.

_cpp_

no_leaf_clover

QuoteI never exactly did meat farming, but I have done a lot of vegetable farming in my life, and that is what the cattle are metabolizing, soooooo....

You'd be lucky if the beef you were eating came from cows eating that. :)

A lot of the time, cows are being fed other cows parts (hence BSE from the cannibalism), grease from fast food restaurants, or, as gross as this is, their own feces. The reason being for this is that all of those alternatives, probably among others, are much cheaper than more appropriate feeds. As a US farmer once said on Coast to Coast, it's the difference between $50,000 of feed for thousands of cattle, or an alternative $50. I guess it's no surprise they feed cattle such unhealthy things; they get fat just the same on all those drugs.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

StaticVagabond

Bloodsong: Thank you for your constructive reply to my post. I expected to be all out flamed for what I said but you took the time to analyze, reply and correct me where I was wrong with facts I overlooked. Few people online ever seem to be capable of that.

Also, you raise an excellent point with how those of less fortunate financial backings are usually left behind when it comes an education. This was something I didn't consider and completely agree with you on.

scianto

Here is more of practical info about fasting for health:
http://breatharian.info/fast.html

Astralbermudian

I wanna start fasting, which produces the most desired effects? Dry fasting or the regular one?

knightlight

lol I cant believe that one of the first posts i ever made on this forum is still alive and kicking for god knows what reason!!!!!!!  :locolaugh:   :laughing4:

I would recommend fasting by only drinking water.  You can live off of water and the stuff stored in your body for a long time.  I warn you that the first 20 hours suck really bad.  You get REALLY hungry and then you feel kind of like your drunk and your brain doesnt work quiet right.  After the 24 hour mark you start to feel energized and dont feel hungry at all anymore.
Profound Impatience makes the blind struggle in Stupidity.

scianto

Quote from: AstralbermudianI wanna start fasting, which produces the most desired effects? Dry fasting or the regular one?
Having read the article about fasting you remember some practical info about dry fasting. If you have never fasted I would suggest you to start with only 1 day fast on water. After a few days you can repeat this water fast but do it longer, for example, for 2 days. Do a break for a few days and fast for the third time for 3 days on water only. Next fast will take 4 days, then 5 days and so on. This process is called "fast training".

When you can easily fast for 2 weeks and you feel all right with it, you may want to try dry fasting. Fast at least 3 days on water and then stop drinking it for, say, 1 day. In your next fast you can make dry fasting for 2 days, and so on as above. This is call "dry fast training".

The most important thing is that you NEVER force your body to dry fast. Act with reason and without fear.

Hannah b

hey!..Yea...I'm glad this thread is alive :wink:
I do a 24 hour fast each monday...just to start off the week well. the first time I did it I was really surprised that I wasn't hungry at al...no headaches...no nothing. I used to be a bulimic, so i thought that it would be impossible for me to go on without food...hmmm...and interesting program huh...you have to eat in order to live....yeah right. next month when i'll be in a much warmer climate (it's minus 27 celcius in Poland now...cheers Scianto ;)) I'll do a 14 day fast. i can't wait. I love it. zap the matrix :occasion18:
The only constant in the Universe is change

Squirrelly

Hiya!  I also feel sorry for the animals that those cruel, mindless, evil people slaughter so we can stuff our faces with processed meat. I try to eat as little meat as possible (but parents are so demanding  :confused: ). But a though came to my mind a long while ago. If everyone on Earth was a vegetarian, then wouldn't plants become extinct? Humans +  Animals > Plants = Plant Extinction.

Jaco

If I'll ever become a vegetarian, I will not because I love animals... I just really hate plants... :bouncy:
:wink:
If Your fate too violently leads you through your life, remember, that it was you alone who chose this path.

Souljah333

for anyone serious about fasting i recommend reading/researching "the master cleanse" or go to curezone.com (most comprehensive alternative health forum online). as far as 'concerns' go...there are people that naturally lean towards caution, think too much, etc. basically those that second guess their intuition and look for others to lead them.
in this case fasting isn't appropriate...for the trepidatious.

the discipline involved is as great a payoff as the health benefits of clearing out your system and giving it a rest. i don't know anyone that isn't in need of a good thorough cleansing (at least 7 days).
& a great way to start the new year off clear headed.

i'll be starting my first fast of the year day-after-tomorrow.
(14 - 21 days...haven't decided yet).
i'll post my progress if anyone's interested.

and please check out curezone (esp. for pictures)
-liver & kidney cleanses
-parasite cleanses
-master cleanse info, etc.

Nice Dream

I have heard about fasting but never tried it.  I have heard that it is very good for you and that it is good for your body.  The thing is that I heard that just a 24 hour fast is long enough.  I dont know how some people can go 14 days without food that must hurt your body.

Something else that might help you get rid of toxins is try taking a sauna and let your body sweat out your toxins.  I'm not sure if that will work but I do feel better after sitting in a sauna and I think it helps me alot.  Who knows maybe I will try a fast in the near future but i will not try for 2 weeks.  I may just try for 24 hours.

Souljah333

4th day of fast/cleanse: started a day early.

doing the "master cleanse" (just the fresh lemon juice & cayenne, replaced maple syrup w/ fresh juice (2 apple/2 carrots), some ground flax & pumpkin seeds. also a couple tablespoons organic yogurt (although homemade would be better as the bacteria cultures are alive). also doing the p&b shake (psyillium & bentonite), which is a colon cleanser.

a few cravings here and there, but more from boredom than actual hunger. my roommate is eating normally...so steak, fresh baked biscuits, homemade pizza...is a bit of a challenge, but anyone that fasts understands that once you get over that 3-day hump...the worst of it is over (hunger-wise), and there's no point in breaking discipline.

already i'm feeling a surge of energy (small, but noticeable). right now it's an 'edgy' feeling (like too much caffeine). once the bulk of toxins are worked out of my system...the energy gets smoother.

ordered hulda clark's parasite tincture (wormwood,blk. walnut hulls and clove), some probitotics, amino complexes, and strong multi-vitamins last night from herbalhealer.com. should arrive in a few days and i'll step the cleanse up a bit.

fasting for small periods of time (24hrs - 7 days) is mostly just to give your digestive system a rest. the feeling is immediate where that's concerned...but cleansing is different in that it has to be done in a specific order or you can wind up really sick. it's not risky...there's just steps that must be followed. always a digestive/colon cleanse first to make sure one is hydrated & eliminating toxins properly...this is followed by the parasite cleanse, then the kidney flush, and lastly the liver flush...none of these i've tried before (so i'm looking forward to results).

Dear Nice Dream,

24 hrs. is a fine way to get into the habit of fasting, but you won't notice anything significant health-wise...it's more about developing discipline. i'm all for having one day a week of 'rest'. important to stick with it till the next morning...and eat something wholly healthy for breakfast! (musli, fresh fruit, yogurt, etc.). my problem with 1 or 2 day fasts is that without food the body immediately thinks it's starving. it will shut down; leading to "decreased" energy, and will also convert all incoming food (after the fact) into fat stores. fat is the best thing on earth...from a survival perspective, but it's also a sponge for toxins. the idea of micro-fasting should be a lifestyle change (or at least committed to for a month: 4 fasting days) and should be combined with a strict restructuring of the diet....otherwise you wind up doing more harm than good.

it's okay to do one here or there just to know or say you can, but it's not really accomplishing anything in the way of health. more like a personal challenge (which i'm all for).

it isn't until "after" the 3rd or 4th day...that your body begins "burning" fat stores. your body increases in energy & becomes very warm, and other effects are a clearing of the mind, and an increase in senses, and all the cool things start to happen that demonstrate how 'out of touch' we can be even with our own selves, not to mention the world around us.

anyway...best of luck on any challenge you personally undertake!

Always...Soul

Nice Dream

Something I just thought of.  They say fasting is good for you and I have no problem with that.  Doctors say that your suppose to drink 8 glasses of water everyday.  If you fast (which means no food or water)  wouldn't that hurt your body or is there a proper way to do this that I do not understand.

Souljah333

i've never tried any dry fasting. i think most people are dehydrated to begin with...so at LEAST 8 glasses, yes. it's hard. as lola said...you definitely need the liquids to flush the toxins out of your system!
i got a little sick of the juice mix, so today i made up a little oatmeal (about 1/2 cup cooked) blended with 2 qrts h20. mmmmm :confused:
not bad actually when you haven't eaten in four days.

today was actually rougher than i thought it would be. thought about food all day, but didn't give up (save a teensy-tiny bite of pop tart (of all things!))
:eek:
sigh...only 10 - 17 days to go