Full-body stimulation? Or am I insane?

Previous topic - Next topic

distant bell

I used to lie down on my bed doing a relaxion exercice, where I "imagined" energy going through my body. I began with relaxing my toes, and then whent al the way up through the body relaxing one part after another- feeling it get heavy and warm . This had the same effect- a strong wibrating feeling and warmth. Sometimes that vibrating feeling got so strong that it was on the border to unpleasant, and I broke of the exercise. The feet where the parts of the body that got the strongest reaction, and where easyest to work with.

dido

Hi SteppenWolf
Could it be an easily induced light trance? Imagining of falling is one of the ways to do it. And the feelings I have when I start to trance are similar.
On the other hand, whenever we concentrate on a part of our body, the energy tends to go there. Even in all the body at the same time, usually coming up the feet and hands. There is a Taoist meditation in which one imagines to sink in the earth or to move down: this way the energy of the earth is absorbed into the body and the sensations are very similar to the ones you mention. The same thing can be done just thinking to one's body on the whole. They strongly suggest, however, that it is unwise to leave the energy in all the body or in the head at the end of the meditation. It is necessary to store it in the sub-navel storage center (dantien). Your difficulty to sleep with energy in your head is the prove they are right. To move all the eccess energy to the sub navel center, just keep your awareness there for some time.

Edited by - dido on 17 March 2002  10:07:32

SteppenWolf

Ciao Dido & Distant Bell - mille grazie!  

After doing this for a while, it usually excites the secondary centres in the feet quite a lot...

But I don't think this is a light trance.  I can turn it on in a second and turn it off just as fast.  It jsut seems to be some weird mechanism which is just like wiggling your ears - hard to discover but simple to do once you find it.

Thanks for mentioning the Taoist meditation - that sounds quite similar.  And I have been avoiding doing this in the head since I read Astral Dynamics but it would be good to know more about what the hell it is and what it's good for - and how it differs from standard energy dragging.  If you ever come across the name of the meditation, it would be great to know!

Note that with this method, I don't visualise anything - it's just like tensing a set of muscles which aren't physical.  Can do it in any position and achieve pretty much the same results.

Weird eh?

Winged_Wolf

Can't see anything abnormal there--what you describe (the whole-body energy sensation) is what my school of thought uses as a prelude to learning effective shielding.  You charge your skin--all of it--then "solidify" that into a shield.  It's a lot better than those bubble shields (pop with a pin, or shake it til they rattle...).

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf
http://www.lulu.com/wingedwolfpsion
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."

SteppenWolf

But then would a shield over your head give you a headache?  That would be a pretty couter-productive shield, methinks...

dido

Hi Steppen Wolf
I tried to do the same thing and it works for me too! It is amazing how just knowing that something is possible is often enough for doing it.
About the Taoist meditation to absorb the earth energy: unfortunately i'm moving and all my books are already in sealed boxes. I hnow that it's in Mantak Chia's 'Awaken the Healing Light of the Tao', but I'm not able to give you the exact name or page.
The meditation is amazingly similar to the 'Direct Sub-Navel Energy Raising' pg.30 of the NEW tutorials. It only adds the 'awareness' of the earth under the feet, of the many kilometers of rock and of the whole planet under us. The rest is the same: focus on the sub-navel storage centre and on feet and hands. Don't drag. Just absorb. I tried both and the feeling of the energy is the same. Bye.

Edited by - dido on 21 March 2002  14:19:20

SteppenWolf

Hey Dido!

Yeah - I thought it would be impossible to explain to other people, but once you're in the energy game, falling is all you need to imagine to get this one going.

You're right - it does seem to generate energy with all the heat and harder heart-beat, but I was wondering if the energy source wasn't the bottom of the spine as that seems to be stimulated during it.  Perhaps it was fanciful to even think that.  Of course I can't see what's happening so I don't know.

Thanks for that reference too - it does seem quite similar.  I keep thinking of the Monroe Institute technique of dragging energy in with an in-breath and this is so different.  Perhaps I hadn't read the NEW stuff as well as I'd thought.

BTW I am a gardener too!  But a bit insane.  I jut found out that some really sweet berries in my garden I've been eating are black nightshade... (can't be that poisonous after all!)

Ciao!
Ricardo

Bhikku

Hello! I know exactly what your talking about! I have always been able to do that too! It's like you just turn it on- almost like tensing your muscles, but different. I heard a faint sound in my ears when I do it and I feel really good all over. I have never noticed it to be centered in any particular part of the body though, just all over, all at once. When giving a massage to someone I try to focus that energy into the person, and it seems to really make a differece to them. I have been practicing NEW and it is quite a different feeling than that. I wonder what is actually happening to my etheric body during this time.

"Look within, thou art the Budda"

SteppenWolf

Hi Bhikku -

You got it exactly!  It is really hard to get the feeling and isolate it from yor muscles, which tend to want to tense while you're doing it - though they don't have to.  I think because it's something happening in the etheric body, it is hard to isolate from your physical body because they're so close.  (Just a wild theory.)

And I also thought it was a whole-body thing, until I realised that it could be focused in different parts of my body - though it is simpler to do it full-body.

Hopefully someone will be able to say what the difference is, because as far as I was aware, it was almost the same as dragging energy via NEW.  I just don't know whether it is or not...

(Have to read the manuals again!  A friend has got my copy of the book...)

Bhikku

Steppenwolf- glad to hear it's the same thing, and not just my imagination. It seems to me like "energy raising", almost like a shield around my body, where as NEW feels more like energy collecting (to me anyway). Do you also hear a slight wind like sound in your ears when you do it?

"Look within, thou art the Budda"

Winged_Wolf

Are you telling me people go around with the most psychically vulnerable part of their body--their head--unshielded?

No, of course it doesn't cause headaches.  I've never in my life heard of a shielding technique that excluded a person's head.  It would be virtually useless.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."

SteppenWolf

Winged Wolf - I'm saying that what I'm doing just doesn't seem to be a shield of any kind.

Hey Bikkhu - Wind?  No, I've never heard any sound ever.  Even the only time I've started to separate, I got nothing!  No chains, voices or roaring etc.  Chances are I need a lot more energy, as I really haven't work on NEW properly.  (I must demand my book back from that pal who's had it for months!!!)

Just got an amazing moving sensation, but no sounds or visuals, though it was just a few seconds...
http://www.geocities.com/vienna/5373/esoteric/hemisync.htm

Cheers!  

Winged_Wolf

No, Steppen, it's not a shield--but it's very easy to turn it into one, which is exactly what I teach my students to do (as I was taught).

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

SteppenWolf

Really?  Can you point me at some info on that?  I'd be keen to do something useful with it.  And what does exactly can it shield you from?

Also I've realised that a reason for the headaches when doing this is that the blood supply is increased in the general areas of the body concentrated upon... hence me not focusing on the head very often - especially when dehydrated!

Cheers!
R

davsy007

Hi!
I've never been sure if it was 'real' or not, but I find i can do a similar thing, a tension but not of the muscles, very tingly and it feels quite powerful. I can almost turn it on anywhere, anytime, but have not tried working with it for longer, yet.

It seems possible that it could be channeled, developed into a shield of sorts.

SteppenWolf

Hi Daisy -

Maybe I was misleading about the mention of muscle action.  Just if I try to make it really intense, I notice myself tending to tighten up all over and it would take some conscious effort to keep relaxed.  Breathing also changes significantly too.

Cheers!  

Winged_Wolf

Basically, you charge your skin, then hold it that way, and visualize the energy there becoming the shield (of your choice--a force field, a suit of armor, etc).
In my school of thought, students are taught to do this quite nearly before anything else--as soon as they're capable of.  And, they're taught to make it permanent--to reinforce it when they think of it, and keep practicing until it will stay up even overnight while they sleep, and maintenance of it becomes subconscious.

A shield of this type is protection against psychic attack by persons or entities, and also can provide a buffer against overloads via your own sensing abilities.
Once you get used to the shield (anywhere from a few days to a few weeks), you automatically compensate for it, so you can use your abilities through the shield with no attenuation.  (At first, it can make you feel like you've been wrapped up in cotton...but that does go away).

The advantage is obvious--it's a seat belt.  The shield is there if something should happen.  Rather than having to struggle to get a shield up AFTER you've been hit, you can reinforce your shield at the first sign of trouble, and you've got the advantage--you haven't been hurt yet.

What I describe above is the most basic beginning version of a shield of this type--it's still better than a "bubble shield".  But people usually elaborate on the design, adding multiple layers and other bells and whistles as they learn more and gain more skill.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

SteppenWolf

Before I read Astral Dynamics, I'd noticed that I could just generate an "intense" feeling all over my body.  I first noticed it when I was imagining myself falling out of the sky, then I realised it was a distinct thing and got the knack of just doing it after a while.  I guess it's a bit like energy raising in many ways as while I'm doing this, my heartbeat gets stronger, body gets warmer (almost break out in a sweat in warmer weather) and I can feel a mild vibration in my legs and just have more sensation in my body in general.  However as opposed to energy raising, I'm not visualising energy coming into my body or moving around, and I'm not dragging it either.  It's more a general idea of expansion.

It's like getting your subtle bodies to expand or something, as I definitely feel some sort of expansion when I start and contraction when I stop.  Also it's hard work and seems to be most concentrated and natural during exhaling, where I automatically need to do a long slow exhale.  Usually I wouldn't do it for any more than 30 seconds at a time.

Possibly related to eastern chi energy-raisers who seem to drag energy in with the in breath and then push it to the extremities with their out breath?

Note the feeling can be concentrated in certain areas of the body - torso (especially in an area bottom of the spine), each leg, head, and if I concentrate on the head I feel a bit woozy and at night I know I won't sleep well at all.

Does this ring any bells to anyone?

Edited by - SteppenWolf on 19 March 2002  10:41:58