News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Funny thing about energy constructs

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarconiss

I guess it seems more 'New-Age' because there really havent been too many ancient thoughts on useing raw energy in a form of an 'energy blast' or whatnot... Large scale energy useages for a destructive purpose, were more related to the way the physical worked, i.e. massive fires/ hurricanes and tornados/ giant waves/ crumbling mountains/ volcanic eruptions/ plaugues.... things that dealt more with elements.... things that seemed more practical for the times.

But then again we are also now in times if glitz & glitter, and where the more spectacular and eye catching something is, the greater influence it has on people.... But when people start to see past such things, and realize more of the true value of these practices... They begin to understand, what its really all about. People just need time, to allow themselves to comprehend things better. It's just something that the 'pros' have to deal with, when it comes to 'newbs' and other people who just don't know any better.
If someone has the knowledge, and wants to do something, how far do you think they can go, if they lack the experience, and are unable to sustain the amount of effort needed to succeed?  ~ Self 2/25/2003

Secretseeress

Hi, Fat-Turkey,
can you tell me what you mean by energy constructs? Are these the same as thought-forms?
Love and Light
Secretseeress

Risu no Kairu

An energy contstruct is basicly a mass of energy you put together in any shape you want, and program it to do something.

Like.. uh.. if you wanted to build a construct to help you lucid dream or something, you'd think of a shape, pour energy into it, and using intent, program it to enter your dreams.

I guess to see it, though, not in the dream, you'd have to be quite good at sensing energy.

Also, you'd probably need to start a natural reality check whenever you saw the thing.
I need a signature that isn't stupid. :/

Fenris

Hi ya Secretseeress

When I first read Fat turkey's post I was thinking exactly the same thing, well until I applied my recently learned jargon from psipog.net, do you have an interest in wicca or another magical system if you don't mind me asking? The Ki, psi systems of energy working are very popular around here of late and arguments for and against the systems are ongoing.[:)] Risu no kairu describes what Fat turkey meant well. You can see from the description that one could argue that it is they same as a thought form, however its probably a more complex discussion than this. The people who try to make Ki balls and 'energy constructs' as mentioned above it seems are more attempting to create an energy structure using energy of the same vibratory quality of 'life' energy, KI what ever you choose to call it. Which is different to making a construct in the astral. Both can be programmed in identical ways, but in my opinion the construction of thought forms is MUCH easier to achieve successful results with. Oh and I don't think I've bumped into you before, or maybe I never noticed you until you got the kitty avatar, so hi!

Regards

David

kifyre

I believe Tibetans have been creating little demon-looking constructs to protect stuff for thousands and thousands of years. I don't think it's a new idea. With respect to "blasting" people, I'm pretty sure that's been around too in some form or another too... in some sort of martial qigong or martial art.

Mark

Tom

The word is tulpa. Doing a search on it was not helpful. It has been too thoroughly mixed with the cartoons. There is a book called "Magic and Mystery in Tibet" by Alexandra David-Neel and David Neel. It would be worth reading if your local library has it or can borrow it.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0486226824/qid=1048614166/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-1357670-3025756?v=glance&s=books

Secretseeress

Hiya Fenris, and Riso no Kairu
thanks for your answers. I understand from this that they are basically the same thing, but that they may exist on slightly different energetic frequencies, yes?
So, for example, I once decided it would be cool to have a wolf following me around and I spent quite a lot of time imagining it was there and hearing its claws clicking on the pavement etc. After a couple of days I started to get freaked out 'cos there was something hanging around guarding the back door of my flat ( this was before I figured out that I really did have to be careful what I was doing...) When I asked my vastly more experienced friend what it was he probed it but couldn't tell it apart from my own energy, so we quickly figured out I'd made what I would call a thought form and I knew what to do about it.
So I guess this would have been an energy construct on a level 'below' the astral.
Whereas on the other hand if I was to project to the astral and make an imaginary wolf there it would have more reality and could properly be classed as a thought-form.
On the other hand ....maybe its the otherway round....oh blast, thats that complex discussion you mentioned...[;)]

I don't mind anyone asking...I've always been interested in magic ( not the illusionist kind they show on telly) and have studied just about everything I could get my hands on. I haven't found any particular group I've wanted to join though, its like each one had a few pieces of something much bigger and I want all of them, not just a few. I follow my intuition which serves me very well. OK, actually I've had a bit of help from a few special people....nothing formal though. I read the Treatise on OOBE nearly 10 years ago, but wasn't able to work with it at the time. Now I'm back with Bruce's work. Its direct, effective, and I don't have to learn any more names for the same things I've always worked with. Which means I can get rid of some of the clutter in here <clunk><clatter><muffled echoes>.

Well, anyway, if we're going to agree that energy constructs and thought forms are more or less the same thing, then they've been around at least since Mm Blavatsky since she probably got the idea from somewhere further east. They can be made for any purpose if you have the skill.....and its always best to learn to walk before you try running.[:D]

Gosh, that was a lot of words for me!

Love and Light,
Secretseeress

Fat_Turkey

Hmm well lately I've been posting stuff like this too much so I'm gonna scrap all of them cause by now half this forum probably hates me cause I'm an moron.

Deleting...
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
-Anonymous

No amount of rigorous training, sitting and doing nothing, and clearing one's mind can help a man who hasn't overcome his doubts.

David Staveley

I suppose until recently, if you want to cause someone harm, it wouldn't have been a direct attack, but an indirect one using theurgy of some form, such as a curse or getting a being to do the dirty. Some of the more recent (i.e. past 200 years) occult literature has suggested 'paying' the entity with energy, or 'providing' energy for the entity to use, but is this idea ancient or another affect on the western occult trasition caused by the influx of eastern ideas?

kakkarot

no, we don't hate you fat_turkey, but it might be a good idea to curb your "enthusiasm" a bit. none of us are perfect, but it shows real courage and development to say your sorry for any bad things you feel you've done, and to not do it anymore. [|)]

~kakkarot

Fenris

G,day David

Great question! My knowledge of the development of occult theory over time and the effects that the blending of cultures has had is not that great. Looking at the different magic's used commonly in the past by different cultures it seems the idea of using intent and belief to store energy of a particular quality into an object seems universal. However I have no idea when storing energy in an object to feed a thought form began. Of course ritual sacrifice has been around for a very long time, however to the best of my knowledge this has always been done, at least on a cultural level, to appease a deity, not a thought form or a lessor entity than a deity. Except perhaps in Voodoo where sacrifice may have been used for the empowerment of lessor entities, I'm not really sure. Accounts of ritual being used for shape shifting in the African continent involve giving of oneself to a faey or nature spirit in terms of ownership, which is bound to involve giving of energy. So this is what I can brainstorm regarding the timeline part of your question.

On the topic of using a thought form keep in mind that is a construct made by using your intent and mental energy to mold astral 'stuff'. A thought form is always going to be using your energy in terms of creation, unless it is connected to an alternative source of power for its continued maintenance it is likely to use your energy as a means of survival. If things get out of hand and the thought form is not terminated or programmed with adequate limitations it is possible for it to become aware in a sense, and vampires you or other people. I'm getting a bit off track but my key point is that when an entity is made by you, it is going to cost you some energy. Now when you invoke an entity to do your work it's a different ball park, while a trade could indeed be made with an entity to give a part of yourself in return for work done, this is not necessary. Invoked entities can be controlled in an all take and no give kind of way.

Regards
David

David Staveley

Hi Fenris, good point about the sacrifice. It could be that what we see as energy, they saw as a lifeforce that was released upon death to be used in some way, but was that lifeforce used directly or was the 'soul' of the sacrifice merely a payment? Back then a lot more things were considered to have a life as the outlook was more animistic, so objects such as swords could be 'sacrificed' by destroying and burying them. This idea can be traced from (possibly) the neolithic until folk magic and superstition only recently passed away.

I think that more than just deities were sacrificed to, Daemons (airy spirits) and Lares (ancestor protector spirits) in Classical literature were both sacrificed to, and you can see a variant form even today with the cults of the saints where ex voto offerings are made to secure a particular outcome relating to the functional attributes of the saint in question.

I must admit that I haven't come across classical ideas relating to the creation of a thought form or something similar. I suppose with an animistic worldview, there is no shortage of something already existing to use, so there would be no need to create.

Fat_Turkey

A funny thing I noticed about energy constructs is that it's a fairly New-Age idea. Energy and spiritual development dates back thousands of years ago, yet there has never been anything about energy constructs and blasting people and powers like that.

Maybe some cult started cause of DBZ [:P].

I don't have anything against energy constructs, in fact they are sometimes good practice. But I think those doing that should focus more towards the real energy development that they really should do before they set out experimenting with energy [:)]
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
-Anonymous

No amount of rigorous training, sitting and doing nothing, and clearing one's mind can help a man who hasn't overcome his doubts.