News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Grounding

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

In one book I read, grounding was defined as a flow of energy both to and from the planet. If particular forms of energy become excessive or uncomfortable they can be placed with the flow of energy into the ground and allowed to dissipate. The flow of energy back from the planet causes the gap to be filled. Energy which is released this way into the planet does not harm it. Instead, it functions more like a compost pile for making fertilizer.

Tia

I've got 'grounding' as an entirely different meaning.  Somebody I knew explained that the pursuit of spiritual practices can sometimes unbalance you mentally, in that you dissasociate with your day to day life, concentrating only on what's 'out there' (this was my interpretation of her explanation).  Anyway, she said to visualise tree roots growing from your feet deep into the earth's core, thereby 'grounding' you and balancing you in your life.  Dunno, sounds a bit simplified though...  

Tom

What is that if not an exchange of energy with the planet?

Tir13

Grounding, simply put, is just balancing and calming down your energy flows.  The most effective and widely used method is to simply connect with the 'Earth' because of its energy structure and balancing qualities.  Grounding is useful with any sort of energy work and goes hand in hand with 'centering' yourself....

Later!

Jason

Tom

The first thing that came to mind when I read the description of grounding involving the planet was "What if I were in a spaceship and far from any solar system? How would I ground myself?" It took some arguing that grounding was okay to do even if I might not always be near a planet to do it with. I find the strangest reasons not to do things.

When I think of grounding, I think in terms of electricity. Electrical devices are connected to a ground line to prevent shocking. Some even have devices to shut off the power if it is discovered that they are grounded in a new way, such as through some person.

One of the oddest descriptions I've seen is that it involves setting one's body to the same frequency as the planet by taking in much energy of the earth's frequency. That was then given as something around 7.4 Hz. It said that people ground in order to be better able to take in higher levels of energy. Otherwise the increased energy might be overwhelming.

Tia

Ok, that makes sense to me.  How do you actually 'do' it?  How do you "connect" with the planet?  How do you 'earth' yourself?    

Tom

The method you described, visualizing roots like a tree's, would work fine.

In a more tactile fashion, I was told to relax and feel the pull of gravity. Then I was told to pay attention to the muscles used in maintaining an upright position. By relaxing and feeling that gravity is taking over, tensions can seem to pour out.

Winged_Wolf

Grounding is supposed to balance your energy level with that of the planet.  It's also a way to dump energy you don't want.  Same as electrical grounding.

Using pure psi, there's seldom any need to ground.  If you manage to become overloaded somehow, then you ground the excess.  But in general, you want to carry more energy, not dump it into the ground, and you certainly don't want stuff from the ground in you.

--Winged Wolf
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."
--Winged Wolf
http://www.lulu.com/wingedwolfpsion
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."

Tir13

Yep,

Earth "energy" is not something you want to have in your system, unless of course that is how you USE energy most effectively, but few people can...it's a lot denser than PSI.  But, realize, at the same time PSI may not always be the best way to go either.  :P

Later,
Jason

Tom

The reason I learned for wanting the denser earth energy was that it helped to maintain stability when also taking in large amounts of the psi energy. Having tried it, I have found this to be true for me. I have also seen it to be effective in a couple of my friends who tested it for me. Grounding made it possible to take in more of the less dense energies. This also worked with sending energy to other people at a distance. By sending the denser earth energy along with reiki and psi, I was able to send much more energy and it was received more readily than any one of the three alone.

Tia

Now, I am confused...  Reiki, PSI, Earth energy, raising, sending, grounding, sheilding - bloody Hell, where's the manual?    

cainam_nazier

And there in lies the problem.  There is no manual for every one.  You gotta get your version and even then you still have to add a lot.

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com

Tir13

Tia,

I thought it was a daunting task as well, but hell just experiment...try things out, see how they feel, what works best, what *feels* best.  Myself or anyone else can preach to you about "what's what" but it's your brain that has to assimilate all of this...so, just follow your gut!

Later,
Jason

Salubri

Tia,

It takes a lot of time, but merely typing those words into a search engine on the internet delivers lists of manual sites...

Goodluck,
Salubri

Tia

Ok, I'm on it...      

darrenbeck