News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Heightend Senses

Previous topic - Next topic

kizzyboy328

Does anybody know of any way to heighten your senses...like sight, hearing, and so on?
In bed my real love has always been the sleep that rescued me by allowing me to dream.

Stookie

They say when one sense is dull, others compensate - blind people tend to have excellent hearing and touch.
So I guess you could wear a blindfold to improve hearing. Or earmuffs if you want to improve eyesight.

Improving concentration might make you more "aware" of things around you, making it seem like hightened senses.

There are forms of martial arts that focus on these concepts. Maybe take up karate or something.

WalkerInTheWoods

Concentrating more on your senses will atleast make you more aware of them. Try being aware throughout the day.
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Alaskans

I started seeing and hearing things I didnt know were there as soon as I started meditation (dont forget the ole saying expecting things to happen in spiritualism will make them not happen). But 2 things im fond of in sharpening senses is: meditating with a bunch of songbirds going on outside and blindly sensing my surroundings. I try to focus and locate just one bird with my hearing (the little guy in the background is a good challenge) then I try to focus and locate every bird, I do it with my eyes closed. The other thing is running around in a blindfold. I dont know if its because I live close to a river or what, but I can sense my surroundings with a blindfold on and my eyes closed. I've gone hiking through the forest and over the mountain behind my house this way (dont do it if theres cliffs or nasty plants around) or a safer thing is just navigate your house blindfolded, theres a certain feel you need to navigate but I think you can find it.

..I dont wear a blindfold like that when im navigating, im looking out from under the blindfold in my pic symbolicly  :roll:
Every single person is an enigma of wonder waiting patiently to be realized.

Scoff if you want; soon we will be leading the race to new heights and you will wish you had followed us in our search for truth.

WalkerInTheWoods

There was a blind man that hiked the Appalachian Trail. I am pretty sure he had his guide dog with him but that is still amazing. I love hiking and being out in the woods, but I have never tried it blind folded.
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

kizzyboy328

I think i may just keep a blind fold on for a few hours...see how my senses realy are.

I am not sure but i think i may have MD of the eyes (Mascular Degeneration) I see black squigly things when i look at stuff, sometimes, and sometimes a flickering of light.... Hopefully i can get this checked out soon, for i do not want to go blind.

In bed my real love has always been the sleep that rescued me by allowing me to dream.