How do you balance a [dangerously] excessive chakra?

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDarkChakra

Only after meditating too intensely, excessively, and improperly that I made my already excessive sixth, or third eye chakra much worse. I know that a deficient chakra can be stimulated by vizualizing color or chanting a sound but how do you balance an excessive chakra? I am thinking since sixth chakra has to do with illusions and anxiety then I should work on my lower chakras: the root and sacral which have to do with acceptance of physical world reality and the joy and relaxation of doing the things you love. Learning to accept everything outside of yourself will distinguish any fear I developed in my life that caused such an imbalance my sixth chakra has.

I always had this imbalance since I was a kid because of all the health issues related to it. But now it's much worse. Just yesterday I was slightly hallucinating because I saw an image irrelevant to my thoughts like a vizualization. I even heard sounds such as ssssshhhh whispers in my ear and lost my mind to a certain degree. Sixth chakra is a very scary chakra to mess around with. I'm thinking you shouldn't meditate if you have excessive sixth and seventh chakras because it could make your conditions much worse.

Will working on my deficient root balance out my excessive third eye chakra? If yes what can I do for maximum effectiveness for me?
I'm thinking working on my mentality will be the fastest way to balance out my chakras than vizualizing or stuff like that. Maybe affirmations like "I am safe and secure at all times.", "There's nothing to fear in the outside reality.", and "I exist here and and deserve to have" ? Maybe go out for a walk with he nature and appreciate everything. Maybe jog, too.

Thanks for your time.

Stookie

I'm not an expert, but here's an idea:

Like you said, get some exercise, go outside and appreciate life. Lay off chakra meditation and maybe do some simple breathing, relaxation mediation for short periods. Maybe focus awareness on the lower dan tien, about 4 inches below the navel. Working in minor ways like this can help balance everything safely over time, and when you feel ready for chakra work again, work on all of them, keep them balanced. Don't focus on one chakra alone.

I used to get headaches and pressure in my brow during meditation until I learned about the dan tien and breathing from that area. I think that minor energy work like this is helpful before doing the major stuff.

TheDarkChakra

Quote from: Stookie on September 28, 2006, 22:15:31
I'm not an expert, but here's an idea:

Like you said, get some exercise, go outside and appreciate life. Lay off chakra meditation and maybe do some simple breathing, relaxation mediation for short periods. Maybe focus awareness on the lower dan tien, about 4 inches below the navel. Working in minor ways like this can help balance everything safely over time, and when you feel ready for chakra work again, work on all of them, keep them balanced. Don't focus on one chakra alone.

I used to get headaches and pressure in my brow during meditation until I learned about the dan tien and breathing from that area. I think that minor energy work like this is helpful before doing the major stuff.

Well I didn't work on my third eye directly. I just meditated. But I meditated for like 4 hours a day and that's not healthy for any chakra, espacially my dangerously excessive third eye. When you meditated your chakras open up and when you do it too much, they open too fast for your own good. You gotta live out much much more than you meditate. Just living will make you stronger. I am thinking that meditation opens higher chakras a little faster than lower since lower chakras (1-3) are based on your conscious life and higher chakras (5-7) are based on spiritual life with fourth chakra in between. Meditation is a spiritual practice so it must work your higher chakras faster.
Check this website out: http://www.lorinroche.com/page8/page8.html .

I think it's okay to focus on one chakra at a time since you have to go in order from first to seventh chakra and each helps balance other ones. As your root balances and you feel safe about the material world you will be able to feel joy of life which is the second chakra, as you learn to distinguish between what you like to do and what you dont like to do you will create preferences and your ego, the third chakra, and son on...

Anyone else can comment me on this?

aleshah

It makes me feel "uncomlete" to think about stuff like that, in the sense i am not ready or not good so i need to develop.However i feel i can develop one of the centers, as it has any need and it is very rare when the time comes, and you are forced to believe and to develop them all.
If u work on the central emotion of "generalization", which begins if u see them as a whole energy center,you alsways begin from the base,
so the whole construct has to do with "survilance", as you put in the seed of "survive" in your root center,
also the higher centers will be substituted and structured like this - with surving.
This means for the subconscious much effort, to keep all the stuff "survive".
I just recomend not to put the seed of survillance but much more the seed of "time" or just "lifeenergy"
Just as u dont beath in evrytime nonstop,the energy needs not evrytime a feed but love i guess.

TheDarkChakra

Quote from: RunLola on October 06, 2006, 13:18:05
my thoughts: you should always focus on your dan tien or heart with the breath before you start working on your third eye. you will get imbalanced
otherwise.

where are you when you meditate? are you focussing on anything or are
you all over the place. if you are all over the place, then you are not meditating IMHO.

Well when I meditated I forced myself to concentrate on external noises. I thought concentration was all meditation was about. But I wrong. Thinking is a major part of meditation. If you have a monkey mind yet meditate without any forcing on it, you will still get the benefits. Meditation is non-forcing. The goal is to one day attain the state of no-mind but that doesn't mean that if your mind runs around, that you are not meditating. Think all you want when you meditate but don't judge each thought. When you are aware of your thoughts, your mind no longer has the hold over you. The point is to become aware but such must be done through acceptance and love for each and every thought that you think. Meditation is not about keeping your mind blank or concentrating, meditation is about doing nothing and just being- for that's where ture joy can be found.

But I messed my mind up meditating so much per day and forcing myself at it too. Well now I know how to do it correctly, but first I will have to balance myself up emotionally, physically (hormones), mentally, and certainly energetically (chakras).

aleshah

i concentate only on my breath but i have to fight with dizzines longer
yo you could substitute this by masturbation or sex....if i do it to long much energy is collected
wich makes me heavy and watery. haha

Novice

I've read many different interpretations of meditation..so I'm not sure what is 'correct'. I do think that there are several stages or degrees or types of meditation within each one I find value.

One is the concept of "emptiness". You basically make your mind completely blank as you go inside. I find this type very calming and mentally relaxing. When you can reach it, its almost as if you want to physically sigh at the mental relief.

Another type is contemplation on one thing/topic to the exclusion of all else. I will sometimes sit and meditate on a problem I'm having. When I do this, I simply start out by focusing solely on the issue and then I basically relax my mind. Eventually thoughts will arise that have immediate and intuitive answers for me. I really like doing this, but I only do it for what I would consider major problems/life issues.

Another type of meditation I have done is focusing on an object to the exclusion of all else. Similar to the previous type, this one does not use problems or anything of mental interest. It simply takes breath, for example, or a flame or a flower or some 'thing' on which your total concentration/focus is placed. The goal is to remain focused on this object exclusively -- not easily done.

The last type of meditation I do is a moving meditation where you focus completely on what you are doing at the time. I think this this can also count as a what the buddhists call mindfulness.In this case, if you are making dinner, then you focus solely on making the dinner. You become totally aware of cutting the vegetables, of heating the water, of slicing the bread, etc. There are no other thoughts in your mind except what you are doing at that particular moment.

I think all forms/types of meditation are simply different ways in which people learn and practicing controlling their mind and controlling their thoughts. But this is only my opinion.
Reality is what you perceive it to be.

TheDarkChakra

Quote from: Novice on October 10, 2006, 11:27:48
I've read many different interpretations of meditation..so I'm not sure what is 'correct'. I do think that there are several stages or degrees or types of meditation within each one I find value.

One is the concept of "emptiness". You basically make your mind completely blank as you go inside. I find this type very calming and mentally relaxing. When you can reach it, its almost as if you want to physically sigh at the mental relief.

Another type is contemplation on one thing/topic to the exclusion of all else. I will sometimes sit and meditate on a problem I'm having. When I do this, I simply start out by focusing solely on the issue and then I basically relax my mind. Eventually thoughts will arise that have immediate and intuitive answers for me. I really like doing this, but I only do it for what I would consider major problems/life issues.

Another type of meditation I have done is focusing on an object to the exclusion of all else. Similar to the previous type, this one does not use problems or anything of mental interest. It simply takes breath, for example, or a flame or a flower or some 'thing' on which your total concentration/focus is placed. The goal is to remain focused on this object exclusively -- not easily done.

The last type of meditation I do is a moving meditation where you focus completely on what you are doing at the time. I think this this can also count as a what the buddhists call mindfulness.In this case, if you are making dinner, then you focus solely on making the dinner. You become totally aware of cutting the vegetables, of heating the water, of slicing the bread, etc. There are no other thoughts in your mind except what you are doing at that particular moment.

I think all forms/types of meditation are simply different ways in which people learn and practicing controlling their mind and controlling their thoughts. But this is only my opinion.

Yes. There are different methods at approaching meditation solely dependent on you. You have to find the right technique for yourself. Concentration and forcing your mind to be blank during meditation is a myth. That's what you want to reach someday but thinking is a major part of meditation. When you meditate, you go within, your mind does a lot of cleaning up during your day, like the things you stress about and all your problems. You learn to accept them and stay relaxed when thinking about them so after a few sessions those things that made you stress during the day won't stress you anymore. You are able to calmy apporach them and with a greater ability to focus. When you meditate, even with a scattered mind, your brainwaves slow down and you have like a kind of power-nap, better than 8 hours of sleep. After a successful meditation you will have more energy and focus and an increased creativity to solve those problems. Be careful forcing yourself to meditate during meditation, meditation is about calm and relaxation and going within and not about trying. If you act carelessly during meditation you it will be much more benefitial. Meditation is not about doing anything, meditation is doing absolutely nothing and just "being" who you really are. Don't get stressed if you have a monkey mind for your awareness of your mind going all over place shows improvement. You will still receive the benefits for just meditating rather than trying to achieve no mind. You may harm yourself if you keep forcing yourself to meditate as I already did.

aleshah

The last one "mindfull meditation" is also known to solidify the etheric body, coz u attach it better
to your mental degree with the help of the subconscious. By simply telling your mind what you are currently doing in the "now" time, the inner knowledge get released.There are positive but also
negative things to it, like in evry meditation.Guess what, hehe.

There is also another thingy related to sacred geometry and energy, coz if your energy expands and it does, you get attached to expand your knowledge.This is equal to sacred geometry in that way, that first you have primal shapes like shown in the lightbody, then it will move almost to a sphere, which means that your knowledge goes beyond your previous.

I dont know if this relates to sacred geometry but as i was on the train and focused on the "third eye"
i have seen diffrent lightshapes moving(but it was dark outside...)As i meditated on this i saw
light sensations like reflecting light from a water surface, which was very bright.
And know i know how Remote Viewing better works for me as i looked "up" but to do i need to look down and it works!