News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

I had a very strange sleep last night

Previous topic - Next topic

Fresco

I had a very strange sleep last night.  I semi-woke up in middle of the night, everything around me was shaking.  It felt like an earthquake.  The room I was semi-awake in didnt look like my bedroom, so I knew I was half sleeping.

My chest also felt weird. 

I'm just wondering what the hell happened.  Did my heart chakras open up voluntarily??
The reason why I find the timing weird is because I havent done energy, meditation or OBE work in at least the last 9 months.
So why is my chakras suddenly opening up??

Or is it even my chakras??  Could it be something else??
Did I have night time seizure ??  I hope not..LOL

I also had to right away check the internet when I woke up this morning to see if Toronto had any earthquakes...LOL

Astralzombie

Nobody likes to hear this, especially experienced people, but my votes on SP. :-)

I've never done any chakra or energy work so I'm ignorant to the effects it can have but nothing I've heard or read sounds like they would explain the perception of an earthquake.

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

proyect_outzone

QuoteI had a very strange sleep last night.  I semi-woke up in middle of the night, everything around me was shaking.  It felt like an earthquake.  The room I was semi-awake in didnt look like my bedroom, so I knew I was half sleeping.

My chest also felt weird.  

You had a false awakening (out of body experience). Weird and strange and often very intense sensations are very common. Also common are hard "awakening" and problems with getting up in combination with sometimes very strongly distorted visual perceptions of the environment (blurred vision, dark spots and other things, which do not belong on the field of view).

Such experiences can occur several times in a row.

Bedeekin

Yeah IAB.. It's definitely Sleep Paralysis. The sinking weird feeling in the chest can be disconcerting.

Have a read of this... This has a direct approach to it and you will probably find the similarities.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/everything_you_could_ever_want_to_know_about_sleep_paralysis-t38734.0.html

Fresco

Quote from: its_all_bad on July 02, 2013, 11:07:32
Nobody likes to hear this, especially experienced people, but my votes on SP. :-)
Sp = Sleep Paralysis,  right??

Bedeekin

proyect_outzone

QuoteThe room I was semi-awake in didnt look like my bedroom, so I knew I was half sleeping.

During sleep paralyzis does the environment look like it always looks. Sleep paralyzis ends, when the eyes are opened (+-1 second).

He had a state, which i experienced many times. If he would have focused on standing up, while the room looked different, he would had an clear and good out of body experience (many of my own OBEs start in this way).

Fresco

Quote from: proyect_outzone on July 02, 2013, 16:40:16
During sleep paralyzis does the environment look like it always looks. Sleep paralyzis ends, when the eyes are opened (+-1 second).

He had a state, which i experienced many times. If he would have focused on standing up, while the room looked different, he would had an clear and good out of body experience (many of my own OBEs start in this way).
Does it feel like an earthquake to you also??

proyect_outzone

There are many possibilities, how this can feel. Shaking and wobbling perceptions of the grounds and of the body included.

Most common are these perceptions:

-Intense sensations of pressure inside or outside of body parts or whole body. Often accompanied by tingling. Most frequently are such sensations in the head. Distorted perception of the body.
-Extreme tiredness accompanied by weakness and the strong desire to continue sleep.
-Reduction of the ability to view the environment. Often blurred field of view. It can also contain dark spots or even be almost completely backed out.
-Shaking and wobbling perceptions of the grounds and of the body. Especially during walking.

These perceptions cause often the fear, that one is ill and about to die.

The combination of perceptions change every time. Not all such awakenings contain such perceptions. During some of such awakening one can be just fresh and healthy awake in a clear visible and stable environment and have no problems with standing up.

Bedeekin

Quote from: proyect_outzone on July 02, 2013, 19:16:37
There are many possibilities, how this can feel. Shaking and wobbling perceptions of the grounds and of the body included.

Most common are these perceptions:

-Intense sensations of pressure inside or outside of body parts or whole body. Often accompanied by tingling. Most frequently are such sensations in the head. Distorted perception of the body.
-Extreme tiredness accompanied by weakness and the strong desire to continue sleep.
-Reduction of the ability to view the environment. Often blurred field of view. It can also contain dark spots or even be almost completely backed out.
-Shaking and wobbling perceptions of the grounds and of the body. Especially during walking.

Awesome Sleep Paralysis description... excluding the walking bit.  :wink:

Quote from: proyect_outzone on July 02, 2013, 16:40:16

It can persist during open eyes because REM atonia doesn't paralyse the eyes... hence Rapid Eye Movement. You can open your eyes during SP but vision is blurred like a white noise... the eyes tend to cross creating double vision and objects to merge creating a 3D forced perspective effect.

LightBeam

OMG, my very first  SP and vibrational state were with an earthquake like shake. It was about two weeks after I started a visualization technique before bed. It happened during sleep, I had my eyes closed, I could not see anything, but it lasted only few seconds because as soon as got shaken pretty hard, I woke up (in the physical), jumped out of bed, ran out of my room and looked at the big chandelier in the living room to try to figure out how strong the earthquake was. To my surprise the chandelier was not moving al all. Everything looked normal. I was sooo freaked out, but excited at the same time because I suspected that my energies must have started to rise and I was close to experiencing my first OBE. And sure enough after another week or so it happened. This time, I stayed calm during the vibrations and separated as instructed by Mr. Buhlman.
So, even though you said you are not doing any techniques, sometimes it happens spontaneously to though who read on the subject or had tried at some point meditation and techniques. I would suggest you take advantage of your energies being "awaken" so to speak, do some techniques and see if you will experience another conscious OBE.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

proyect_outzone

QuoteAwesome Sleep Paralysis description... excluding the walking bit.  wink

QuoteIt can persist during open eyes because REM atonia doesn't paralyse the eyes... hence Rapid Eye Movement. You can open your eyes during SP but vision is blurred like a white noise... the eyes tend to cross creating double vision and objects to merge creating a 3D forced perspective effect.

Why do you try to use the (so called) scientific explanations to explain supernatural things. You also would not use such scientific explanations to explain OBEs and the respective exit phase.... or would you? (im shure, they have written lots of stuff about which kind of dreams out of body experiences are)

The physical sleeping paralyzis is not the above described astral state. Common sleeping paralyzis is completely different. Main difference besides the lack of strong supernatural perceptions is that attempts of a common (physical) standing up during a common SP does usually lead in a common (physical) standing up. Same attempts during the above described astral states does mostly lead to an out of body experience (even if one does not want any and wants just to awake physically). Many false awakenings begin with such a above described state.

Astralzombie

QuoteWhy do you try to use the (so called) scientific explanations to explain supernatural things. You also would not use such scientific explanations to explain OBEs and the respective exit phase.... or would you? (im shure, they have written lots of stuff about which kind of dreams out of body experiences are)

Most people who consider themselves mystics or what not no longer consider SP to be supernatural. I don't know about Beedeekin but I believe science has a good explanation for the cause and mechanisms of SP. They even have a very plausible reason for why we even have the condition.

Without getting into a discussion about God, science is the observation and study of how God works. Feel free to exchange God with Source, Creator, or the Universe.

We may never completely understand them all but there is a functioning mechanism at work for every phenomena. Science may be able to take the "super" out of the equation but that doesn't make something any less special or spiritual.

I for one, look forward to a day where science not only acknowledges OOBE as a legit phenomena but I very much hope they can explain the reason for it and how it's done. That would mean that we are well on our way to being truly enlightened. :|
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Bedeekin

SP doesn't have to be 'supernatural' for the proceeding OOBE to be 'supernatural' in nature. It's very simple and obvious what causes the sensations during the state. That's about all that science has nailed... and only because they have studied it intimately using Narcoleptics and 'sufferers' of RISP.  It's a state of being aware of the normal unconscious process we go through every time we sleep... several times a night.

When I started getting it repeatedly I used to think it was 'paranormal'.. until I began having OOBEs from them and experienced the REAL 'paranormal' side. I began wondering, why when I separated did all the SP sensations disappear?

Why does science hit such a nerve with people when they wouldn't be communicating this way if it wasn't for it. We use it when it suits us... and jilt it when it spoils our view of how we'd like things to be. We are so selective when it comes to belief.

I can start calling it the vibrational state or the old hag.. a nightmare... maybe kanashibari... I use the term SP because most who experience it can relate to it.

proyect_outzone

QuoteWhy does science hit such a nerve with people when they wouldn't be communicating this way if it wasn't for it. We use it when it suits us... and jilt it when it spoils our view of how we'd like things to be. We are so selective when it comes to belief.

Maybe you have not noticed the rubbish, which the science has told the last 10 years to explain supernatural things. For example, that OBEs can be simulated by viewing a movie of the backside of your own body. Do you feel out of body, when you see a video from your back? I do'nt. If science would have just asked only one real astral traveller, he would have told, that out of body experiences are not just the viewing of own body. But science accepted this explanation. Another thing is, that science tried to explain aura viewing with synesthesia. They asked one (1) person with synesthesia about viewed experiences and used it to falsify the statements of hundreds to thousands of people. Or just look at explanations of physical things. Science did not believe in rogue waves until 1995 just because they didnt want to believe it. There had been dozenz of destroyed ships, which had damages up to top decks, and hundreds of statements of victims. But every seaman, who claimed to have seen a roque wave has just been declared as insane. Science wants still not believe in supernatural things, and i bet, they will find for anything some kind of explanation. Now matter how stupid a explanation will be, science will use it to falsify the claims about supernatural things. Thats, why i do not believe every thing, what the science trys to tell me.

QuoteWe are so selective when it comes to belief.

And science is not?

QuoteMost people who consider themselves mystics or what not no longer consider SP to be supernatural. I don't know about Beedeekin but I believe science has a good explanation for the cause and mechanisms of SP. They even have a very plausible reason for why we even have the condition.

Is my english so bad, that i cannot explain, that SP and the above described things are two different things? I experienced both alot. Here a comparison.

Sleep paralzis:
-Feelings, that breathing is impossible or extremely hard
-movements are during this state impossible, when they are possible, this state is gone or one has already begun an out of body experience. This state ends even during attempts to move. Every movment ends this state. Even very small movements (fingers).
-No physical perception of body
-Feeling as if one is very light
-partial until complete separation experiences may occur. These are often very suddenly or unexpected (leads often to a startling and this leads to slight awakening)
-the sensations and perceptions, which one can have during relaxation, are now much intensified
-this state can be achieved directly during relaxation and occurs not only after falling asleep
-attempts to stand up in common way lead almost allways to a physical awakening and standing up
-attempts to open the eyes lead also to a complete awakening

Astral state:
-movements are during this state often hard (often means not allways!), but they are possible. This state continues after movements, even after movements of the whole body (because its the non physical body, which is moved). Sometimes movements during this state are very easy (like movements during full awakeness)!
-this state cannot be achieved directly during relaxation. Occurs only after falling asleep
-perceptions of separation do not occur. Starting a out of body experience is like starting physical movements (with the additional features of astral world, of course).
-attempts to stand up in common way lead almost allways to a out of body experience, often several times in a row

Have you ever tried to leave you body during SP? I think you did.

The above described astral state is different. Emotions and such stuff do not disturb exiting. Almost every attempt to stand (physically) up leads just to another OBE. This state can only be broken by hard trying. It can take Minutes. It can happen, that one just awakes several times in this state again (more than 5 awakenings in a row are not rare!)! During a common sleep paralyzis one awakes just one time, and one is then awake (exept one falls asleep again, but this happens not suddenly).

Fresco

Quote from: LightBeam on July 02, 2013, 21:26:26
OMG, my very first  SP and vibrational state were with an earthquake like shake. It was about two weeks after I started a visualization technique before bed. It happened during sleep, I had my eyes closed, I could not see anything, but it lasted only few seconds because as soon as got shaken pretty hard, I woke up (in the physical), jumped out of bed, ran out of my room and looked at the big chandelier in the living room to try to figure out how strong the earthquake was. To my surprise the chandelier was not moving al all. Everything looked normal. I was sooo freaked out, but excited at the same time because I suspected that my energies must have started to rise and I was close to experiencing my first OBE. And sure enough after another week or so it happened. This time, I stayed calm during the vibrations and separated as instructed by Mr. Buhlman.
So, even though you said you are not doing any techniques, sometimes it happens spontaneously to though who read on the subject or had tried at some point meditation and techniques. I would suggest you take advantage of your energies being "awaken" so to speak, do some techniques and see if you will experience another conscious OBE.
Ha ha....thats exactly how my night went.  It felt like an earthquake, only thing is we very rarely get strong earthquakes here in Toronto.

When I briefly got out of my bed I also felt very wobbly.  Almost as if I was drunk, even though I hadnt drunk alcohol that night.

I think I'll take your advice and try OBE techniques next few weeks.  
Maybe I'll have more luck separating from my body

Astralzombie

QuoteIs my english so bad, that i cannot explain, that SP and the above described things are two different things? I experienced both alot. Here a comparison.

Your English is fine. I draw a distinction between the two states as well. I just think that science has explained the Phenomena of SP quite well. Mainstream scientists have to take a scoffing approach publicly to most of this stuff or they risk losing their credibility and careers. I wish it wasn't that way and that they would do more but there you have it. Times are slowly changing and one day science will re-emerge with this in a proper fashion.

Mark Twain

Bedeekin

I think you have got me wrong. I am saying exactly what you are saying. I also distinguish the two states. I'm not sure about the list of specific 'astral' things you've made though... they are so variable and many I could make a book out of a list.

'-attempts to open the eyes lead also to a complete awakening'

I've opened my eyes a lot.. and it hasn't broke the SP. I've entered SP with my eyes already open. Your eyes aren't affected by REM atonia... only the muscles that control full movement are a bit wobbly.

As well as I can read your English I have also noticed the misguided way science approach OOBEs. Science has got SP in a nutshell because it's counted as a 'medical problem'... they're not interested in OOBEs because they're not a medical problem. I agree... the efforts have been lame in terms of OOBE research, but they're just limited in what they can invest money into... that's all. No need to put hate on a branch of humanity that makes your life extremely easy. It's not so black and white as 'science hates the paranormal'.. it's more like 'who will back them financially?'. All of the scientists I know have there secret little ideas about paranormal but won't bring it up because of the establishment ridiculing them.

Like IAB says they will come around when they run out of options.

Astralzombie

QuoteScience has got SP in a nutshell because it's counted as a 'medical problem'... they're not interested in OOBEs because they're not a medical problem.

Very true, I believe. If science was not able to determine some of the physical reasons of SP, they would've very easily relegated it to the "junk sciences".
Mark Twain

Bedeekin

It's sad that they give out over the counter drugs like Clonazepam to curb them though. They still have to make the connection there.

Imagine how refreshing it would be for a family GP to say to the person.. 'they can be scary but maybe you should try initiating an out of body experience from them. Here are the details for classes and online information... here's your complimentary Mindfold and a comfy pillow."

Lionheart

Quote from: Bedeekin on July 03, 2013, 17:39:45
Imagine how refreshing it would be for a family GP to say to the person.. 'they can be scary but maybe you should try initiating an out of body experience from them. Here are the details for classes and online information... here's your complimentary Mindfold and a comfy pillow."
I see you Dream of that "perfect World" scenario too, Bedeekin. I'm sure we all here do!  :-)

proyect_outzone

QuoteI'm not sure about the list of specific 'astral' things you've made though... they are so variable and many I could make a book out of a list.

I made such a book already, because im really fascinated about the different kinds of things, which can be experienced. There are hundreds of them and it is worth it to give the full attention even to small details.

Quote'-attempts to open the eyes lead also to a complete awakening'

I've opened my eyes a lot.. and it hasn't broke the SP. I've entered SP with my eyes already open. Your eyes aren't affected by REM atonia... only the muscles that control full movement are a bit wobbly.

I can reach it with open eyes too. I noticed, that such a SP becomes unstable, when i move my eyes during this state. The control of muscles during SP is completely off and after it came back (just seconds after attempting to move), it is just as if the SP never had been.

I also noticed, when i attempt to open the eyes to see environment (after awakening from sleep into a SP), this state breaks. But i didnt pay any attention, whether i made other small unnoticed movements or not.

I will research this further.

QuoteScience has got SP in a nutshell because it's counted as a 'medical problem'... they're not interested in OOBEs because they're not a medical problem.

Very true, I believe. If science was not able to determine some of the physical reasons of SP, they would've very easily relegated it to the "junk sciences".

Yeah, this is it. Science is not interested, which part of SP has physical reasons (like lack of ability to move) and which part not (increased probability to perceive supernatural perceptions).

Bedeekin

The problem I have with the SP state as having a 'supernatural' core is the collection of things I've seen during it. I simply can't see how the Predator or Jason from Friday the 13th can manifest as real beings in my bedroom. It was those types of things that made me think.. 'Hang on a second'. This sent me on a 30 year mission to find what SP really is. It just so happens that a great deal of SP can be explained as having physiological origins.. which is good. It means that millions of people aren't getting psychically attacked by a plethora of demons. It also means that we can spend more time on the actual OOBE experience and less time on SP. Sure I talk about it a lot.. but that's to quell people's worries that they are being attacked by a demon.

Astralzombie

You mean to tell me that E.T. wasn't really suffocating me with a pillow?  :roll:
Mark Twain

Bedeekin