Intense pulsing in forehead, energy/third eye?

Previous topic - Next topic

invain

A little background - 2 years ago I started practicing meditation to help deal with some anxiety I was having over school (I have a very stressful major). I advanced fairly rapidly and became very good at clearing my mind/silencing my thoughts. Eventually I started noticing strange physical changes. Weird sensations of energy throughout my body unlike I'd ever felt before. I also felt different around other people. I couldn't see their auras or anything of that nature but I could almost "sense" their energy. I've also had a very noticeable increase in my hearing capacity, and this is by far the most pronounced of the physical changes. I can hear things from extremely far away. At night if I lie in bed and focus I can hear poeple talking in other houses on the block.

Last year I began practicing sensing/focusing/clearing/and balancing my chakras. It took a while but I eventually got to the point where I could activate all my chakras and would literally feel an enormous rush of energy through my body and out the top of my head when I'd reach the crown chakra. I then began attempting to project. It took a long time but I eventually did successfully project, and I've done it about 2 or 3 times total since.

I haven't practiced projection in quite a few months, but I continue to meditate regularly. Lately, I've been having some very intense sensations of energy/pulsing/vibration in my forehead/brow region, and at times it'll extend to my temples and the very top of my head. It is never painful per say, although I have developed a headache from it a few times. It seems to happen the most either when I'm meditating or right before going to sleep at night. Many times when the sensation is very strong I suffer from insomnia. Lately it seems like this sensation has been "flaring up" randomly. For example, I'll feel completely normal when I wake up in the morning, and then sometime during the day while I'm in class I'll suddenly develop a strong pulse like feeling directly in the center of my forehead.

I'm just curious as to what you guys think is going on. I've never been able to see anything through my third eye except for the couple times I've projected, but I'm wondering if my eye chakra has something to do with these sensations due to the location? I've also noticed a flickering/fluttering feeling/sound in my ears when the pulsing in my forehead is intense.

Pauli2

According to R Bruce, an overactive chakra could mean that some other chakras along the way are underdeveloped. I take it as your head chakra consumes prana/vaju/whatever, but the chakra below it can't provide enough.

Take a look at http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_book_reviews/robert_bruce_astral_dynamics_amp_other_books-t31956.0.html;msg262240#msg262240

You can follow the link in the above thread to the scribd document to the R Bruce NEW method. I'm just guessing now, but I think the tickling, pulsing activity will continue until your chakra is fully developed, which can take some months to a lifetime. The temples contain secondary chakras that also may become vibrating.

R Bruce says (my interpretation here) that the most important thing is to develop all the tertiary chakras (and then some secondarychakras) + all the energy absorption areas, before developing the primary chakras.
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

invain

Thanks for the reply; I plan on reading his book this weekend.

omcasey

Quote from: invain on September 22, 2010, 08:48:15

A little background - 2 years ago I started practicing meditation to help deal with some anxiety I was having over school (I have a very stressful major). I advanced fairly rapidly and became very good at clearing my mind/silencing my thoughts. Eventually I started noticing strange physical changes. Weird sensations of energy throughout my body unlike I'd ever felt before. I also felt different around other people. I couldn't see their auras or anything of that nature but I could almost "sense" their energy. I've also had a very noticeable increase in my hearing capacity, and this is by far the most pronounced of the physical changes. I can hear things from extremely far away. At night if I lie in bed and focus I can hear poeple talking in other houses on the block.

Are you familiar with the word "kundalini"?

You could not be describing the onset of it more accurately had you been deliberately trying.

Stookie

Sounds to me like you're just becoming more aware. As you meditate more and become more open to things, your awareness expands and you begin to notice subtle things you weren't aware of before. It happens to everyone in the beginning. Grab onto it now and keep going.

omcasey

Lately, I've been having some very intense sensations of energy/pulsing/vibration in my forehead/brow region, and at times it'll extend to my temples and the very top of my head. It is never painful per say, although I have developed a headache from it a few times. It seems to happen the most either when I'm meditating or right before going to sleep at night. Many times when the sensation is very strong I suffer from insomnia.

There is alot of crossover between Kundalini and AP/OBE, but this is classic K......

Strong energy sensations kept me up till the wee hours almost my whole first year.

Just sharing.

Stookie

So can a person do any of this stuff without experiencing "kundalini"? You seem to associate it with everything.

personalreality

be awesome.

omcasey

Quote from: Stookie on September 24, 2010, 10:53:10

So can a person do any of this stuff without experiencing "kundalini"? You seem to associate it with everything.

Hi Stookie.

It is a really good question..

Please let me say that I bring Kundalini forward as a possibility, and only when it synchs up with the phenomena being described.  I see no harm in this.  The crossover in K and AP/OBE phenomena is great, and also there is a spectrum to each which is unique- on a board like this the opportunity to bring forward the possibility of K is quite high.  I hear many more people suggesting nothing in particular is happening when these phenomena get relayed.  In truth, though, there is a much wider range of possibility.  Can it not all be offered up?

bardips

invain,

our energy centers are naturally active when we're doing tasks that pertain to them - so a person doing intellectual work will have brow and crown activity - but they're rarely aware of it.

it's perfectly normal to get these sensations if you're sitting perfectly still for prolonged periods.  in fact, being perfectly still is an essential part of meditation especially at higher levels - but few people actually do it.  most people, monks included, can't stop squirming and they interrupt the flow of their meditation often enough to prevent great results and they are left with lousy results instead.

if you are already sitting perfectly still, then you have more potential than most people and you probably could move through the preparatory techniques fairly quickly and into the cool stuff.

tell me: what are your meditations like?  what techniques do you use?
www.youtube.com/futurehumandestiny

legit vids.  not for lolcats.

Xanth

omcasey, could I ask your opinion where kundalini exists in regards to the OBE experience?

For myself, I'm trying to work out where the relation is with it and other metaphysical experiences.
As with Stookie inquired, it seems to be, as you put it, a possibility put forth as a result of ALL forms of metaphysical events.

Do you think it's possible for a person to fully experience metaphysical events without the raising, or even the belief of kundalini?

Just trying to understand it's place.  Thanks!  ^_^

omcasey

Quote from: Xanth on September 28, 2010, 14:18:49

omcasey, could I ask your opinion where kundalini exists in regards to the OBE experience?

For myself, I'm trying to work out where the relation is with it and other metaphysical experiences.
As with Stookie inquired, it seems to be, as you put it, a possibility put forth as a result of ALL forms of metaphysical events.

Do you think it's possible for a person to fully experience metaphysical events without the raising, or even the belief of kundalini?

Just trying to understand it's place.  Thanks!  ^_^

Hi Xanth.

Before sharing where I am in my evolution of experience with the Kundalini, please let me say I am using no existing, external framework to relay this.  What I am about to say is rising directly up out of my own experience and shows principally the way I, myself, am perceiving things.

When I use the word Kundalini I am usually referring to either 1) Universal Energy and/or 2) the highly tangible, strong (this needs to be emphasized) energetic sensations I feel through my body as a direct result of the Universal Energy interpenetrating my personal energy (what I normally call "me") at a molecular / subatomic level.  This is what I feel happening- in simple words, what is clearly a larger energy merging with me.  There is almost endless phenomena associated with this.

Okay......

I am trying to understand how these are related as well, Ryan- Kundalini and the OBE (/AP/etc..).  

This is where things may get challenging for us, though, depending on how willing we are to let our definitions blur, enough for meaning to get through.

I tend to not draw too strong a line between OBE, Astral Projection and Lucid Dreaming.  To me these are all essentially the same and when I lump them together I refer to them, collectively, as consciousness expanding experiences.  I understand that based on the way they are being experienced they may be defined to be different and/or defined to be the same but in all cases they are and remain, in essence, consciousness expanding experiences.

This seems to me an important phrase 'consciousness expanding', it is what many OBErs, APers and Lucid Dreamers acknowledge first and foremost when events first begin to take place.  It is relatively clear what is happening is happening in Consciousness - in Mind --- to bring the Kundalini in, steps what is happening into the arena of 'energy' and of course body.  Into the physical reality.

This is where alot of lines are apt to be drawn.  It is one thing to lay down, close your eyes, and within what is clearly 'mind' experience the non-physical realms.  It is quite another to concede to the same (ie: experience the non-physical) with eyes open in what appears to be your primary reality.  It is not an easy line to cross.  

Kundalini experiencers are doing just this, however.  An acknowledging of the essential lack of division between Consciousness and body is arising within them and they are quite literally becoming a manifestation of the Idea that Consciousness is the substance even our (physical) bodies are made of.  It is a unique way of including, -we could say 'of ascending' the body (/physical being) to the very high status of Consciousness rather than discarding it.  

Kundalini, in the way I am relaying can either exist, or not exist in the OBE experience.  In the case of the latter, and of what is necessarily then a manually attempted OBE, I highly suspect the Kundalini is indeed enticed.  Meaning, the manually attempted OBE in time could bring about the Kundalini.  Experiences could begin bleeding through into what one knows as their physical reality.

I hope this addresses your question(s).
If I came up lacking in any one key area please let me know..

Casey

Xanth

Thanks Casey!  :)

I'll definitely have to read that a few times to fully understand it, as I'm currently making chocolate chip cookies... and only had a brief time to read the entire thing.
I think it was pretty concise though.

I'll have to get back to you tomorrow on it, but I will!

Thank you for sharing your view.  :)

omcasey

Looking forward to it, Ryan...... you are welcome . .

Xanth

I gave it another read... and I think I understand your position on where Kundalini exists in our metaphysical journey.

I thought I had another question, but I guess I don't.  LoL
If I do, I'll slip it in here later.  :)

Thanks again for all your help.

Stookie

QuoteWhen I use the word Kundalini I am usually referring to either 1) Universal Energy and/or 2) the highly tangible, strong  (this needs to be emphasized) energetic sensations I feel through my body as a direct result of the Universal Energy interpenetrating my personal energy (what I normally call "me") at a molecular / subatomic level.  This is what I feel happening- in simple words, what is clearly a larger energy merging with me.  There is almost endless phenomena associated with this.

That's not Kundalini, that's "prana" or "chi", or simply "energy". You can call it whatever you want, but telling others it's kundalini is misleading. If it is, that means I raise my kundalini everyday, and I'm pretty sure I'm not.

I do agree that many things we discuss definitely has to do with universal energy. I agree with that. I just don't agree with it being Kundalini. That is a separate experience in itself.

From Wiki:
QuoteKundalini is described as being coiled up at the base of the spine, usually within muladhara chakra. The image given is that of a serpent coiled 3 and a half times around a smokey grey lingam. Each coil is said to represent one of the 3 gunas, with the half coil signifying transcendence.

Through meditation, and various esoteric practices, such as laya-yoga,[7] and kriya yoga, the kundalini is awoken, and can rise up through the central nadi, called sushumna, that rises up inside or alongside the spine. The progress of kundalini through the different chakras leads to different levels of awakening and mystical experience, until the kundalini finally reaches the top of the head, Sahasrara chakra, producing an extremely profound mystical experience.

Kundalini is a definite experience with definite results, not something that happens gradually. You can gradually prepare yourself for a "Kundalini Raising", but the experience is definite. I'm not trying to knock anything, but I don't want anyone confused or mislead on the subject.

omcasey

Hi Stookie.

I understand that within some others' framework of definitions, what you've quoted of me could sound to be prana or chi.  Within mine, however, it is not.  As a person who was brought into yogic practices quite young, and lived 44 years experiencing my own personal energy / prana / chi, etc.. before things changed, I am quite clear, that although my experience certainly does include prana and chi it is also not confined to it.

The word Kundalini can be a trigger for many people, not unlike the word 'God'.  To suggest any one, single, definite definition for these I feel is hopeless.  I certainly respect every person's right to take on any definition they choose, but we only need look to history to see the result of knitting lines all too tightly- War.  Misunderstanding.  Fighting, casualty, separation.  Although indeed an option, at the same time it is entirely unnecessary when we could instead just truly listen to each other.  

Rather than try to fit you into my own personal framework of definitions, which is to help me more clearly know myself (not you), it is far more rewarding for me to let go of my framework and view, enough to surface somewhere within yours.  I become somehow more when I do this, increasingly clear within both views- while experiencing the commonalities, equivalents, and mutual validity of each.  I am feeling strongly to highlight, that where we overlap we go into into relationship- true relationship- only through this does any realization through direct experience arise.

I feel clearer within the experience when I say I am experiencing myself in relationship with the Kundalini, than when I say I am experiencing Kundalini.  The latter, in my view, is highly improbable from a 3rd dimensional frame of reference- from the perspective and experience of physical being(ness) where the illusion of space and time lends it's unique torque.  This relationship, as all relationship is indeed perceived by me as a process, an evolution of experience, a gradual receiving and flowering out into increasingly more.  I suspect it is unending.  

Related also to this, is my consciousness being awakened within the transition into the onset of the full K event.  Awakenings can happen like this, like in my case relatively top to bottom (in terms of chakras) and/or relatively bottom to top. I am understanding that many consider only the bottom to top variety a Kundalini awakening and I respect this.  But, also, my experience clearly stands in contrast with this view.  

Transitions are truly striking.

They may be experienced in slow or fast motion.

Those opting for the latter will relay Events in a unique sounding way in relation to those opting for the former.  
It is not necessarily meaning they are speaking of different things.  

The capacity to distinguish between 'K active', 'K rising' and 'K fully risen' does exist and can be helpful, I would only put forth that doing so to the point of making these entirely separate things can lead straight down the old paradigm road.  Wearily, I would really just rather not.

Casey

Pauli2

Nomally the "Kundalini rising" is some kind of "energetic" (?) experience starting from the back of the base of the spine, sending this "energy" up through the spine/sushumna. Once this has happened other (bad/good) things can follow.

Among others I've read about one person, after a full kundalini rise, who had all these chi/prana flows from sole's of feet to crown of head, so omcasey's interpretation can be right. Kundalini can be a lot of energetic movements. :)

Some people consider kundalin to be prana.

The current in a light bulb is an EMW (electromagnetic wave).
The lightning which strikes from a thunder cloud is also an EMW.

Assume kundalini is prana. Only difference is that instead of flowing gently, the prana is accumulated in the root chakra until it shoots up like a spear of fire through the spine and perhaps through the head, which some call a "full kundalini rise". :)

Kundalini is a discharge of chi, which sets off a lot of side effects. If they help us I have no clue about...
---

Energetic pulsing in the forehead can be some kind of prana. And kundalini is prana. So now you may have kundalini in your forehead.

I have no current in my light bulb. My light bulb is filled with lightning. :)
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

omcasey

Quote from: Pauli2 on September 30, 2010, 14:50:28

Some people consider kundalin to be prana.

Assume kundalini is prana. Only difference is that instead of flowing gently, the prana is accumulated in the root chakra until it shoots up like a spear of fire through the spine and perhaps through the head, which some call a "full kundalini rise". :)

Kundalini is a discharge of chi, which sets off a lot of side effects. If they help us I have no clue about...

Hi Pauli.

It is true, there are those who, beyond a certain point in their experience no longer find a use in differentiating between the kundalini and prana.  At the onset, however, as the experience first begins to manifest I suspect many feel a decided 'something new'.  What do you think?, did you..

When the Universal Energy first began merging with me (/my own personal energy) it caused a quite noticeable acceleration.  Prior to this I had been experiencing my energy and body much like a car in park (when not paying much attention), and something perhaps like in idle when meditating and such.  I could mildly discern pranic flows in my body, most specially visually, but nothing like the way I do today.  The awareness and energy now is strong!, intense, like it states in the OP's subject line- at times so much so that I cannot stay conscious.  This happens much less now than before, but it still happens.

omcasey

I thought this might be helpful--  
from Kundalini Gateway

What is the difference between prana and Kundalini ? What is the difference between qi (or chi) and Kundalini ?

First let us try to relate to concepts from the same tradition - prana and Kundalini . Prana has been translated as the "vital breath" and "bio-energetic motility"; it is associated with maintaining the functioning of the mind and body. Kundalini , in its form as prana-Kundalini , is identical to prana ; however, Kundalini also has a manifestations as consciousness and a as a unifying cosmic energy. One could ascribe these same aspects to prana as well so past a certain point these become distinctions without differences.

From the subjective standpoint of an individual actually experiencing the awakening of Kundalini I have found three completely different opinions:

The first opinion is that a pranic awakening is only a prelude to a full Kundalini awakening. Tibetan yogins that I have encountered consider the activation of prana (Tibetan: rlung) as merely a prerequisite for the activation of Kundalini (Tibetan: gTummo). What's attractive about this viewpoint is that it explains the difference between the experience of simply having pleasant sensations in the spine and the much more powerful experience of having a "freight-train"-like full Kundalini experience.

The second opinion, espoused by Swami Shivom Tirth for example, is that prana and Kundalini are absolutely equivalent and that it is not meaningful in any way to describe a difference between Kundalini rising and prana rising. When posed with question as to how to distinguish between pleasant sensations that show some pranic-activity in the spine and the much more powerful experience Swami Shivom Tirth said that the difference is not in the nature of the activity but in the consciousness that observes it. If the consciousness that experiences the pranic activity is seated within the spine (or more correctly, the central channel, known as the sushumna), then the experience is felt much more powerfully.

The third opinion, espoused by the modern hatha yogin, Desikaran, is that pranic awakening is the true experience to be aimed for and Kundalini is actually an obstruction. Desikaran sees the Kundalini as a block in the central channel and thus the Kundalini must be "killed" to make way for the prana. This is the most unusual view of the three.

The Chinese concept of qi (or chi) can be safely identified with the Indian concept of prana.

-------

If all this seems confusing - don't worry, you're in good company. My conclusion is that these are all different terminologies for dealing with a common set of experiences. Any one of these viewpoints is adequate for describing the full range of experiences. What is probably more relevant is to distinguish two different experiences which are often confused. In one an individual experiences some pleasant energizing electric energy running along the spine. This experience itself brings about a wide range of experiences and results in vitality and sensitivity. Another very distinct experience is the experience of Kundalini entering the sushumna and rising up the spine. As soon as Kundalini enters the sushumna this experience will completely overwhelm ordinary waking consciousness. From the moment that Kundalini enters the sushumna there will no longer be a distrinction between the subjective consciousness which experiences and the object of experience. This experience much more profoundly transfigures consciousness.

Pauli2

Quote from: omcasey on September 30, 2010, 16:28:19
At the onset, however, as the experience first begins to manifest I suspect many feel a decided 'something new'.  What do you think?, did you..

Omcasey, well.. It certainly was 'something new' to me. And so far I've found nobody else with the same experience. My kundalini experience was very mild. Before the server crash I had it in a thread. But I link to AD instead as I also wrote it there:

http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=21158&sid=cb93a7626be453df7c2e9a8eac56838b

The two most important aspects of my experience is that it was ice cold and moved very slowly. Strange.

Besides. You're a cute girl. :)

personalreality

i try not to distinguish between different types of energy.  energy is energy.  i feel it in my body and i don't really care what it is, rather how i can work with and use it.  along those lines, my understanding was that kundalini isn't necessarily a specific energy but an experience of large amounts of energy progressing through the human energy centers.  as the process unfolds each energy center is activated to a greater degree than normal energy work/perception.  if one of these energy centers is particularly weak, the kundalini experience can be quite painful and disruptive.  the outcome of this kundalini rising is akin to a large energy channel being opened and used through the body, connecting "heaven and earth".  from my studies in mythology and shamanism, there is often a distinction between the 'upper worlds' and 'lower worlds' with our human world existing in between.  there is also reference to world trees, crosses, etc. as being the grounding/linking element between all of these worlds.  i propose that humans are this link between all worlds and once someone has moved through this kundalini experience they literally become an active connection between worlds.  what this means to me is that someone with an activated kundalini channel is basically a master of his or her reality in many ways as they have a 'permanent' and 'active' channel connecting all aspects of their reality.
be awesome.

omcasey

I like it!

In the 3 opinions listed above, although I understand them each I would say I feel most comfortable with the second.
It aligns the deepest with my experience. 

omcasey

Pauli,

It is interesting how even though this Event was occurring, at first my conscious mind could hold so little.

Prior to my consciousness center (ajna) coming online almost everything got be.  Once it was ON I could see back as far as 8 years to approximately when things were beginning.  During these years I was experiencing mainly the side effect physical 'symptoms' of the acceleration.  I would get hot hot feet in the night, for one, which was progressing into a near insane situation just prior to ajna being lighted up about 2 years ago- (a bit of the relay is here:  http://www.youtube.com/omcasey1#p/a/12A2A62D4AED1F37/2/2qeFSNo8OOU) @ 2:40.  There was also this INTENSITY at the back of my head / top of the neck.  This situation exists even today but is far more relieved now than before.

Once ajna was ON, not only did I have a whole new range of vision, but this is when I started feeling the energy flows and electrical currents which were behind all these physical symptoms.  An extra bonus treat was that I could also see into non-physical locations and scenarios which were associated with them.  Not always, been when it served.  I still become symptomatic when I am being accelerated, which occurs maybe 4 times each year- 2 pretty mild, 2 strong..  Mostly I get very dizzy and nauseous, I may not be able to stand, or eat.  The inner sound(s) turn way up, tones shoot through regularly.  All of this is experienced full body.  It is like I am going into what I have tended to call vibration--wave form.  I've been going through a strong acceleration the past couple weeks.  Totally downed the past two days.

here is a video I put through this past January about what the nights were often like for me---
http://www.youtube.com/omcasey1#p/c/E4A86CE68C7A3EF4/1/kP4t6iIhLc8

do you ever get anything like this??

Pauli2

Quote from: omcasey on September 30, 2010, 22:16:06
I would get hot hot feet in the night, for one, which was progressing into a near insane situation just prior to ajna being lighted up about 2 years ago- (a bit of the relay is here:  http://www.youtube.com/omcasey1#p/a/12A2A62D4AED1F37/2/2qeFSNo8OOU) @ 2:40.  There was also this INTENSITY at the back of my head / top of the neck.  This situation exists even today but is far more relieved now than before.

. . .

Yes, I get or have had something similar, but on a much, much lower intensity. Having viewed your clip above, I would say you have quite an activity.
---

Besides describing what I've experienced, I'm doing a lot of guess work below.
What has happened to me is that the "ice cold kundalini oil" has move (from my base chakra?) down into my legs, making the sides of my thighs feel ice cold for an hour. Then my calves felt cold and as the kundalini oil proceeded, my feet and eventually my toes felt ice cold. This process could take several hours, and little by little the ice cold feeling would disappear from upper thighs to lower feet.

I also had a lot of tickling feelings in my forehead, crown, temples, side of head (sometimes covering halfway around), back of head, but usually not all at the same time. But I'm not sure that is the traditional kundalini, but it could be connected to kundalini in some kind of way.

Then...

Then my toes started to feel hot, very hot and after some time, both my feet would feel uncomfortable hot. I would remove my indoor shoes. The ice coldness was by now gone, and I only felt warmth or heat, mostly in my feet, but also at some places in my legs.

My guessing is that as long as the kundalini oil moves in Nadis (?), the oil is not active. The kundalini oils only absorbs energy while moving and that may be the reason why it feels so icy cold (like frozen water). But once the kundalini reaches its destination it starts to activate, and in that process energy is released, with heat. The activation may be some kind of re-structuring process, transforming some part of me, perhaps my Higher Self, which only can be transformed through the help of my physical body? The transformation done down at my feet is perhaps the parts of me that are oldest Self, like 200 000 years ago?

About 6:30 - 6:40 in your video clip someone says: "Do not do this without the physical body system." I think this is an advice, or perhaps a warning. I think you should try to figure out what it means and how to do "this" with the "physical body".

Quote from: omcasey on September 30, 2010, 22:16:06
here is a video I put through this past January about what the nights were often like for me---
http://www.youtube.com/omcasey1#p/c/E4A86CE68C7A3EF4/1/kP4t6iIhLc8

Not that kind of problem with falling asleep. My experience is much more mild compared to what you go through. I was thinking of something said around 9:25 - 10:10: "Well, you can't sleep through your own awakening." It was perhaps a help or calming comment, perhaps a riddle or advice? If you have this full kundalini experience, with so many sensations, it's almost like a race car going just a little too fast in my point of view. I would slow down about 20 % of the speed, if possible. :)

Or perhaps there is a way to go with the flow to make it feel less uncomfortable?