News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Is closing chakras necessary?

Previous topic - Next topic

embrace

I stumbled on various opinions on this, and I'm confused. Some articles say that it is necessary to close chakras after stimulating/opening them. They say it's dangerous to leave them open, as the energy can gradually get away. Other meditation tutorials don't call for any closing visualizations or anything like that. In addition, Robert Bruce writes in his essay that closing chakras using any visualization techniques is ridiculous, because it stimulates them even more.

I really don't know whom to listen to, and there is no way I can actually check this out for myself. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Bedeekin

No...

I don't know actually. I don't have any chakras.

Stookie_

Quote from: embrace on January 17, 2013, 04:05:09
I stumbled on various opinions on this, and I'm confused. Some articles say that it is necessary to close chakras after stimulating/opening them. They say it's dangerous to leave them open, as the energy can gradually get away. Other meditation tutorials don't call for any closing visualizations or anything like that. In addition, Robert Bruce writes in his essay that closing chakras using any visualization techniques is ridiculous, because it stimulates them even more.

I really don't know whom to listen to, and there is no way I can actually check this out for myself. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Chakras don't open or close, they are just more or less active. I would say the main thing is keeping a balance and not over-stimulating a single one. For myself, an over-stimulated brow chakra has caused headaches, and an over-stimulated base chakra has caused other physical ailments. I was doing chi-kung exercises that focused mainly on my lower chakras/nadis and it threw me all out of whack.

Chaos Mage

I had the figuring that space is omnidimension, infinite in every direction.  So the chakra can draw energy from within themselves, and that energy can act like a battery to power whatever you are doing.  Not real sure on that, thought I'd throw it in.  It's like that the quantum level is actually infinitely dense, and this whole physical perception is the outershell of the inner spiritual world.  Some say that the chakra are portals, perhaps using them to grow your body or replenish it is not the point?  Keeping them open could have it's uses, and they also say that the chakra are responsible for the aura.  I dunno, try reading the book 'energy ecstasy and your seven vital chakra' by Bernard Gunther.  I'm reading it again, and it always stimulates a positive outlook.
Strength. Endurance. Speed. Resistance. Stamina. -these are dimensional, at density and frequency.
Will. Courage. Faith. Love. - these are spiritual, the power to effect Life Force.
Balance. Peace. Focus. Charge. Awareness. -mentally active self control

Made O pHI

QuoteChakras don't open or close, they are just more or less active. I would say the main thing is keeping a balance and not over-stimulating a single one. For myself, an over-stimulated brow chakra has caused headaches, and an over-stimulated base chakra has caused other physical ailments.
Stookie is right. You don't close or open chakras. You just stimulate them more.
But like he said overstimulating one may cause problems but they will revert back to normal once you stop trying to open or close or pull more energy into one.(I've had this happen to me).

The only thing that's really necessary, to my highest knowledge, is only getting to know what each chakra is linked to in your physical body and what physical problems are related to the over or under-stimulation of each chakra. Once you know that then you'll be able to balance each chakra out on its own.

P.S. But if your root chakra is off balance then this can cause your other chakras, except for the crown chakra, to be off balance because the root chakra isn't functioning right. So sometimes you just need to work on balancing the root and this will bring your other chakras into balance as well.

Here's a good website that explains the chakras: But I would still look on your own to find out about the chakras because it's always better, everything resonates different with different people.
http://www.wisdomsdoor.com/ck/chakra_des.shtml
"Do not allow yourselves to be disheartened by any failure
as long as you have done your best."
~Mother Teresa