News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Ki, DBZ, and the people here

Previous topic - Next topic

kampersdream

the one thing you can never forget about the internet, is that everyone is an expert. all it takes is a computer and a small amount of skill and the world is your forum. take everything you read with a ton of salt. i do feel the moderators of this website need to set up a seperate forum just for our dbz freinds. then they can have their discussions about destroying the world (or their siblings, as they all seem to be under 16yrs), and we can discuss our problems with real energy development.[:)]
                      kd

Lysear

[8D][:X][}:)][V][8][?][:(][:O][8)][;)][:P][:)][|)]do you all remember when we first came onto this set of forums, your so anxious to say something important that you just spout out a load of crap just to get your silver membership etc? I mean you could spend ages just talking about a subject you havent even looked into yourself! its amazing and one of the things I find fascinating about the internet!

I'm glad I'm not like that anymore because that would be quite embarasing. Stop me when you get the point.[:D][B)][^][:(!][:I][:o)][xx(]

goingslow

InsertInsertInsertInsert

some will criticize you for saying that and say its "negative" but its the truth.  I know you're not the only one that feels that way.. it discredits this place as a serious forum for people wanting to work on their energy development.

auraseer is alway saying how he moved the needle with his mind the first time he tried..now he can levitate he do this and that.  So he finally gets the big digital camera and he cant prove he can levitate because he cant get his sister to help.  And wont use any of the suggestions.. what a bunch of bovine excrement!

Tom

Before beginning a new topic or a response, the first thing I ask myself is why I am about to post something. If it is not worth posting, I choose not to do it. If for any reason during the writing I change my mind, there is more than one way not to complete the post and to move on. The best reason to post something is because it is useful to at least one other person on the forums.

I will not go so far as to say that anyone is lying or even merely wrong about their own level of accomplishment. Instead, my response is based on whether a claim of success is likely to help other people here or not. As long as a claim is not likely to cause problems, I will let it go even if I disagree with it. Developing special abilities after a week or even a couple of days of trying NEW falls into the category of causing problems. It could happen if the potential is there from previous lives, but someone who is just starting out who has to work several years to get similar results could get discouraged and quit too soon.

auraseer

Hi,
First of all, I did not say that I could levitate really high. I do not have control over the levitation. The highest I have ever gone is about 2mm, so I wouldnt exactly call it levitation.

Secondly, all I claim to do is what I can do. I do not try to post anything that is false in any way. You lot can argue about me, but the truth is, that your arguing and flaming me will not affect me. I know what I claim to do is true, so I am not bothered what you lot think.

Thirdly, Where did anybody say they could blow up the world, mountains ect.? Cus I never saw that anywhere.

Lastly, Dragonball Z IS BASED ON RADICAL KI. Not the other way round. I may create some techniques from it, but the basic attacks (not stuff like nuclear blasts), are real. The show is very exadurated (sp?), but most people know that.

Thats my 2 penny's. ([;)])

Cya,
James.

goingslow

thats funny because on the "how to levitate" thread you said you levitated 2 cm's.

Tom

No one seems to have noticed that instead of just talking about whether DBZ type things are real or not, I am trying to say that it is not helping anyone to talk about it. We do not have to agree on if it is real or not or on if any of us can actually use such skills. If we are going to continue to discuss it, however, I want to know why these special abilities are worth developing.

Lysear

I'm thinking maybe my point also got lost on some people, or I didnt make it clear enough. I was in fact attempting to mock the people who are frankly being unkind to auraseer. I'm not saying whether or not I believe what auraseer say's is true, this is besides the point.

Perhaps sometimes, if you have nothing positive to say ( about something thats so harmless anyway ) then why bother saying anything?

goingslow

Because some people are offended when someone's obviously trying to snow them?  Why question why people chose to not say "wow you flew today" interesting thats wonderful.  To put on this whole fake "me negative no.. im all positive energy">  i see that in this forum a lot.  Thinking to be involved in these matters means we're all some spiritual beings who arent judgemental or skeptical or negative.  Even when someone's insulting us its "you are perfectly entitled to your opinion im a dumbass friend".  

It gets old really.. and if someone gets sick of fantasic claims that are obviously false and choses to say so dont condemn them for not putting on the . "im so above it all" attitude some people here feel they have to.  I hadn't said anything to auraseer for months before i finally said it.. but it gets tiring.  I am saying i think he's full of excrement...most because of the fact he makes outright claims "ill prove it to you" then makes outright excuses.  It discredits this type of thing especially if a skeptic comes in contact with an auraseer type instead of someone being truthful.

Im sorry but i will admit i dont appreciate being snowed it insults my intelligence.  If youre fine with it then applaud auraseer.. but dont criticize people who chose to insist he be honest.  What also bugs me is hes always talking about his powers.. its all about him and all he can do.

If it bothers you i didnt say "i believe you auraseer im not saying i dont, i like you and i like what you're doing" even when i think he's full of excrement.. well then its gonna bother you.

Tom

The forums have changed a lot since last year when they began. The number of forums gradually increased to include more topics and somewhere along the way we seem to have gotten away from where we were going in the beginning. In some ways this is good because we became more accepting of different approaches and of new variations on the old techniques. At the same time, it seems like the percentage of people with regular practice of energy work, meditation, and astral projection has decreased. This really is a big loss.

My mind is not so open that my brains will leak out.

There is still a lot of good material here. It just requires more filtering than before.

Secretseeress

Hi, everyone,
obviously I'm new here, and I have to say I was initially a little put off by the amount of post on this forum about a fantasy cartoon. When I was 13 I was heavily into fantasy novels with a lot of 'magickal' or energy work described in them. While I was fascinated by the ideas described I was also well aware that the authors were blending myths, rumours and hearsay with their story telling abilities. The same is true for cartoons and other TV series; I think Spielberg's Taken is also a good example of this.
While it is admirable that this kind of childrens entertainment introduces these ideas to you young ones, I would wish you all to remember a few things:
firstly, that these are FANTASIES
secondly, that most of us grew out of it years ago and it won't be long before you do too
thirdly, PLEASE try to avoid using words from other cultures as it leads to misunderstandings and into arguments about what words mean instead of what they refer to
fourthly, this is a forum about energy development not how true to life a particular tv series is or how relevant its techniques are.
Please can you keep discussions about DBZ on auraseer's forum ( thanks for that, auraseer) and leave this forum open for more adult discussion.
Frankly, all this stuff about Ki and DBZ just isn't as relevant as some people think it is and if you think its going to help when you get out into the big bad world then you're in for a big shock.
Looking forward [:D]
Love and Light,
Secretseeress

MJ-12

Lysear

I too agree with all that has recently been said. Surely this forum is all about real energy work, projection etc. But lately it has descended into cartoons. It is a shame, and like MJ-12 said, there are sites around specifically alligned to discussions on cartoons.

themadness

I agree with Tom here. Though most of you probably don't know me because I hardly post, I haven't been coming here a lot lately because it seems... well childish. I'm not bashing DBZ, but this shift in training and attention at the Energy boards makes me long for the old posts.

Perhaps a new forum for DBZ or at least a call to post only meaningful topics that will help others is in order.

jilola

Actually.....

Horrible silence.....

I think that something good can be made of DBZ.
The series just recently started showing here and many of the posts of the energy forums started making a bit of sense.

Now the stuff that happens on a cartoon is within the realm of fiction but we can use it as an aid for visualization. Take great care not to confuse it with reality. We are on the physical plane and certain restrictions apply.
Also there are some surprisingly deep philosophical insights in the show.

My brain has fallen out several time both due to excessive openness and outright astonishment so please don't think I'm trying to downplay anyone's experiences.

I'd mlike to summarize the idea I failed to convey above with:

My universe and yours are of the same but ours.

2cents & L&L
jouni

xyrnam

I have to agree with the condition of this forum,
I too have almost totally lost my interest in this forum.
Teachings and doings should be backed up by a thorough understanding of how the subject works. I just am not amused by vague references to ex. martial artists, "everything is possible" etc.

To beleive that everything is possible is a good stance but is it really realistic? There isn't any evidence for that - no matter how much we would like to beleive it, we must question the matter. What says so?, what facts favours this? and so on.

The thing is that this is a very "high" idea that has to be grounded. It's not like - I would like a Maserati car outside my front door... POOOF... TaDAAA! More beleivable would ba that you start to make changes to make that possible, in ex. getting a well payed job, start saving, calculating the expenses, going to the car dealer etc.

I beleive that there will happen much in the field of human manipulation of energy, but remember, to have reached to the point we ar in now, thousands of years of investigation have preceeded us. And so it will be in the future.
We must take a scientific approach to more fully understand the function and structure of the energy body, the best way to develop it etc.
We are in a lucky time, since this subject doesn't have to be hid from the public, we don't risk persecutions. We can progress one step a time, slower or faster if we decide to cooperate. And we will become more proficient in the use and miracles of energy.

But until I have the philosophers stone, I won't make gold in an instant.

My 10 cents

kakkarot

everything is possible, but the real question is: is it probable?

possible contains a lot of things that will most likely never occur or only ever occur once. probable includes things that can be repeated time and again, under certain circumstances.

however, one of those circumstances, i truly believe, is that a person must be spiritually/mentally/whateverly strong enough to be able to perform an act that may not be as probable as something easier. ie it would take a fairly powerful magician to render themselves literally invisible, but it wouldn't neccessarily take so much power to merely change another's perception so that they don't notice the mage. most people don't know how to gain such power to perform greater acts. and that's ok, for spiritual enlightenment and power development are two different things.

~kakkarot

James S

I'd like to add my voice to those who have become jaded with this forum because of the obsessions of some with ki energy and Dragonball Z.

I used to come to this section to learn more about N.E.W., because it wasn't until I developed my energy raising abilities that I found I was able to shift my consciousness into the astral, contact my guide or learn to impart uplifting or healing energy to others. For me, energy work has been a tool to use for spiritual growth, something I believe is in context with the original purpose of this forum.

Now I seem only to come here out of sheer morbid curiosity, as I'm certainly not learning anything.

I too like to keep an open mind about things. Because of what I have personally experienced, I'm not about to put people down by telling them they're fooling themselves. I know there are others here that can do things I can't. I have to admit though, there have been many times when I've wanted to tell people in the psychic defence forum to get a grip and stop blaming unseen entities just because they're too weak minded to deal with things themselves. Likewise in this forum I wish some people would learn to tell the difference between what people can realistically hope do with their energy body and what some hyperactive cartoon characters do with theirs. Sometimes I feel there are those who spend so much time stuck in front of the TV watching DBZ or Buffy & Angel that they really believe they can throw energy balls around, or that they really need to use martial arts to defend themselves against vampires and other evil thingumys.

I believe one of the things that is essential to gaining true spiritual growth, wisdom & knowledge is to learn to be discerning about what really is possible, and what is just fantasy.

As to the validity of DBZ for learning energy techniqes, and posting about these techniqes all the time, how many Wiccan forums do you think like to hear about some new potion that was used in an episode of Charmed, or how many engineering sciences forums are eagerly awaiting new methods of propulsion based on the inventions of Wile E. Coyote? Hey, I watch a lot of Star Trek, maybey I could learn how to make an Anodyne Relay! It's a shame it is one of the many things in Star Trek that were just made up by Micheal Okuda, one of the series producers. Fancy that - a show's producer just making things up for the sake of entertainment!

Lastly, Hello to Secretseeress. Nice post - well said! I still am very much into fantasy books, and as catchy and close to the truth as they may be sometimes, they are still just fantasy. Speaking of which, Jilola, I've just finished reading Night Watch - the latest from Terry Pratchett. As usual, very funny and nicely mind twisting.

James.

David Staveley

<Delurk>

Hi all, this thread reminds me of the 'battle' between 'real archaeologists' and a Television program we have here in the UK called 'Time Team'. The 'real archaeologists' dispise 'Time Team' because they dig through context fills with a JCB and pander to the popularity ratings. In reality, the series attracts many people into archaeology who then learn what it's really all about. So yes, DBZ is sort of a retarded fluffy munchkin tabloid version of what really happens, but it does attract people to forums such as this, people who would otherwise never think of getting into such things.

So I say yes, roll your ideas at the mention of DBZ and take the tinkle, but we need to be talking to newcomers about more advanced things as well, or it's all stick and no carrot, people go away again.

<lurk>

Tom

How exactly is DBZ a carrot? What does it say or do to make energy development seem practical and enjoyable as part of a real person's daily existence?

Secretseeress

Thankyou, James, and a big Hello back [:D]

kakkarot

tom, dbz makes energy work look natural. like it "comes with the territory" of training. dbz makes it look like if you start doing it, it's easy to get really good at it. and that's, unfortunately completely the opposite of real life.

oh well. the kids will grow up soon, after they figure out that making a "ki ball" isn't so great a thing to do. i hope.

~kakkarot (i doubt i'm helping dissuade them much with my handle [;)])

panabelle

quote:
Originally posted by Tom

How exactly is DBZ a carrot? What does it say or do to make energy development seem practical and enjoyable as part of a real person's daily existence?

Is there a single person in this forum who wouldn't want to fly (unless they have a fear of heights, of course)? I'm not sure it's exactly practical (or probable, as Kakkarot said - great summary of the situation, you've convinced me to revise my attitude, despite your handle[;)]) but it sure as heck would be enjoyable to most people. The cool aura thingies they all seem to be able to produce instantaneously don't hurt either.[:D]

kakkarot

ya know, for the complete exaggeration that dbz shows energy use to be, it still somehow hooks kids onto the idea that ki is real. that is so strange.

but what i think is stranger is that us "older people" who already use energy just roll our eyes and scoff everytime someone says something like "i learned about ki from dragon ball z, and i think it's cool. i wanna be just like goku (or someone else). can someone teach me how to use ki?" rather than trying to help these people learn what real energy is all about.

sure they think that ki is like on dbz, but that doesn't mean that we can't help show them the truth about it. even if most of them scoff back at us thinking us to be too closed minded, we could still help a few at least.

they've been set up, so do we knock them down?

~kakkarot

Tom

Redirection has not worked very well. I have suggested using DBZ ideas in lucid dreams and on the astral planes. I have also said that ki would be better used on improving the body's health and deepening meditative states. This is after the eye rolling and scoffing, of course. It seems that my ideas are not as cool as using ki to shatter walls, fly, burn things, and freeze things. Really, the magic trick I want most is to materialize hot cups of coffee and some food to go with it.