Question about meditation and strobe effect

Previous topic - Next topic

What Tha Phak

I think what you are discribing is some sort of ascended state of mind.  I experience the same thing, I saw some sort of strobing effect one time while trying to project, but it faded as I stopped rasing energy and became restless out of failure, again.  When I meditate outside in the day time, after about 15 or 20 minutes I start to get these psychadelic visuals of different hues of like black and silver and grey all mixing together and intertwining, it's really cool.  The first time this happened, I was like Whoa! cus this white light kept on circling my view (with my eyes closed) and forming like a ball or orb of some sort and then just went down, down, past my view.  It did this over and over again and each time the orb thing would get bigger and bigger, until it was all that I could visually see, and this was when all the stuff started happened while I Med.  Then, when I open my eyes, all of my view is in this peculier blueush hue, then returns back to normal after a couple of minutes.  I think this has to do with the fact that most spiritualists say your brow chakra is an indigo color (light blue).  I'm guessing when you stimulate this area emmensely, I guess It kind of intesifies the power of the color....?

kifyre

Hey Sublime,

A few meditators on this forum, including myself, experience this periodically. When I'm meditating this effect comes and goes during the session. Some days it'll happen, and some days it won't. This is with eyes closed, and often opening my eyes in a dark room will "trigger" it too. It seems to correlate with a slightly altered state of mind as well as a high energetic charge (relative to your normal capacity). I believe what it means is that an energy center related to vision is rapidly charging and discharging a flow from somewhere else in the body. On a day when you have a low charge or your channels are more open than usual you probably won't experience this. As your channels and charge capacity change relative to each other as you strengthen, it'll probably come and go, as it has for me.

As to what the results will be, I cannot say. It hasn't led to clairvoyance yet, but that doesn't mean it won't. [:)] Personally, I wouldn't let it interfere with my meditation. Acknowledge, enjoy, but go back your breathing or whatever style of meditation you do. It's been months for me, and it hasn't resulted in anything amazing yet. :)

(But I certainly experiment and play with weird affects like this when I'm *not* in the middle of my meditation session. Keep exploring!)

All the best,

Mark

sublime

When I meditate sometimes (I only have been regularly for the past like 2 weeks) I open my eyes and it's sort of like a strobe light effect (when it's dark in the room). Also, sometimes i'll see blue light while meditating. In Astral Dynamics, there is a short section about the "strobe effect". I know here he is talking about how the strobe effect may come during conscious AP's, and he goes on to say that it can possibly be the potential for clairvoyance (this too has happened to me before, seeing the strobe while trying to project that is). Anyways, does this happen to everyone? What does it mean?