News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Kundalini

Previous topic - Next topic

astralc

Distant bell & Grenade01

a friend of mine told me that when he came back from India after visiting his guru he met a devotee of a kundalini yoga ashram on the plane. She was heading home and was quite distraught over her time in India. When questioned she said that her guru raised the kundalini in his devotees. He was always trying to get her to give in to his method, finally she agreed to have him raise her kundalini.

She then said that he made her have the biggest orgasm she had ever had, in front of everyone, she had never been so embarrassed or humiliated. She left the ashram as soon as she could. She said that she felt violated. She never told him how the guru did it though.

From my understanding of kundlani through tantra, it is just sexual energy, moving or flowing though the whole body rather then just the genitals. Tantra is basically training yourself to use this sexual energy through lots of exercises and meditations. There are heaps of web sites on tantra, but few with any real information, lots of people think tantra is just prolonged sex, but it is more than that. Good luck.

Astralc

www.shoal.net.au/~astralc

kakkarot

astalc: kundalin isn't just sexual energy. it is energy of the spine. using it can give the user "good feelings" but so can almost any form of energy if it is used in certain ways. but i do agree that one should be cautious; i have read some stories on the internet about extremely disastrous kundalin awakenings. and the few web sites that i did visit almost all said that it is quite common for kundalin awakenings to be filled with some sort of negative aspects and experiences.

distant bell: try sitting in a rigid meditative position, with the spine ABSOLUTELY straight, most importantly the backbone that runs through your neck and into the base of you head. then try focusing on just your spine. after a few seconds of focusing on it, you should feel something slightly "weird" going on in it. when you feel this, slowly take a deep breathe and as you inhale close your eyes and try to make the "weird" feeling move up your spine, starting from the small of your back (actually start from whereever feels natural. if you don't know where it feels natural to start from, start from the small of your back). if you get it right, you should get a feeling akin to the feeling you get from a really good sneeze, but probably less powerful. then try moving the energy back down the spine. and know that, for me at least, it feels different going down than it does going up so don't think that something wrong it happening if it does feel different.

hope this helps. if not say so and i will see what i can do about finding some web pages for ya.  :)

~kakkarot

___
When you shine a light, you find shadows, but only when you shine a light do you know you are in darkness.

Secret of Secrets

ralphm

i look at kundalini as energy from meditation, that flows when you still the mind and relax the body.the only group that i remember that did intense kundalini work was Yogi Bhajan's. i think he taught a lot of breathing stuff(pranayana) that directly worked on kundalini.the most intense experience i had was from focusing on my heart chakra- just pull in cosmic energy through your crown and earth energy through your feet or first chakra and focus it in your heart.

In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

observer

There's a saying "be careful what you ask for, you may just get it."

This is not an energy that you can dabble with.  It requires respect in the extreme and you can expect to become mentally and possibly physically transformed by it.

I recommend reading the following before you start lighting that match in a room full of gas.

http://aloha.net/~bpeay/kundalini/kundalini-faq.html

good luck.

Tia

I have to agree with Observer.  Kundalini is not something that can be played with and then put away - it will transform your life.  In most cases it makes it difficult to 'live in the real world'.  I had a friend who raised his Kundalini without any bad physical side effects.  He had a Guru and was practicing the breathing and Yoga for 3 hours a day.  His wife threatened to leave him as he gradually 'withdrew' from the physical world - was even dangerous for him to drive as he always seemed to be in a trance.  Unless you live in a Monastery or commune and want to devote your whole life to spiritual practice - then forget it.  

distant bell

There is another saying to " do not paint the devil on the wall"

I do not think that kundalini is much different than NEW - and we all play
around with NEW don´t we..  
It´s a energy raising method- not a way to invoce great satan.

Felix

-- Love is the Law - Love under Will --

Fenris

Something ive read about Kundalini in The Wiccan Mysteries by Raven Grimassi.

This comes from a chapter on sex magic

...Another goal is to raise a form of power from the base of the spine. In this area resides the Kundalini or serpent energy...(insert christian church knowlede restriction cliche here http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0> )... the gaol is to bring this energy up to the third eye where it will give the person almost unlimited power.

Certainly sounds heavy to me!

regards

Fenris

Veni Vidi Vici

Ides315

Hi all.

I am not sure, but it seems to me from the reading/research I have done on vatious kinds of magick, that Kundalini is activating the lower chakra. I believe Freud referred to it as "Orgone".  Robert warns about "playing around" with it. I have read other places that you should initialize from the top down, to remove the "sex" that goes with that power center. Those sources say if you start at the groin area, activate that chakra and the rest are not ready to "come on line" and absorb the enrgy it can create various problems.

I have "played around" with initializing different chakras first to see the effects. I do not recomend starting there. I was able to send the energy through my system when I started there, but it was not easy (to even the flow), and it took awhile to remove the "lust" that came before the power spread out. If I start in other places and then go there it is not a problem. No sexual overtones. And yes you do become a little less attached to the physical, but for me it causes no interference with living, more of an enlightenment, and a "reality check" of whats really going on.

Best wishes.

junkie

hi ides,

i don't understand, do you recommend to start at the base chakra or somewhere else?

Grenade01

Hmm
From what I gather (from reading a lot of hindu literature...although Im retarded so dont quote me)
Generally a kundalini awakening brings energy up your spine  all the way to the top of the head.  Its often referred to like a serpent coiling up the tree of life or something like that.. I guess the leaves and branches would symbolize the way a crown activation causes energy to sort of sprinkle over you.  It seems like kundalini refers to a more volatile inner energy then that of the easy going energy we suck up through our hands and feet.
some say that hatha and kriya yoga can help
but I dont know
I rarely feel energy in my spine, but on the few occasions I have...its been a bit weird
Ive been focusing a lot on my spine lately...

[][][] <-- boxes --> [][][]

Adam

I wouldn't bonk around with Kundalini if you don't *know* what you are doing. I'd recommend to just let it happen as you progress on the spiritual path. It's a natural energy - It'll happen when it needs to happen.

Read Robert's article on Kundalini, and there's a good example of someone pushing it out, not letting it out. It's possible to go insane if you push it too far.

Adam

WalkerInTheWoods

I have read lots of warnings about Kundalini, yet I have not seen really any examples of the dangers. Yes I have heard lots of statements about the possibility of going insane, etc. Some would say that Jesus and other spiritual leaders were insane. Are these just fears that people spread due to lack of actual knowledge or for control? There are those that say astral projection is evil, you will get lost and not be able to get back, etc. Now I am not saying that Kundalini energy may not be dangerous. My point is that I would just like to find the truth and get past any possible myths. Where is Robert's article on Kundalini. I do not think I have seen it, though I could have just missed it.

My suggestion to you is that if you are interested in it then learn as much as you can about it and then practice and learn for yourself. As long as you go slow I do not see what harm can come. If something starts to feel wrong then stop and learn what is wrong. Good Luck!

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

steveb

Greetings all, seems to be a lot of confusion in regards to kundalini, chakra's, energy raising ext. I haven't great expeirance of these things.
       I look at the hole thing like a "garden watering system" (and no, I dont take drugs) , think of it this way.  Youv'e got,    TAP (water supply=energy)   HOSE ( kundalini )   SPRINKLER HEADS ( chakra's )     GARDEN ( self, spiritual growth )
        Now, everything is in place to nurture the garden.  If we turn the tap on a little the water will come out of the sprinkler heads. If you dont know the requirments of the plants in the garden it takes a lot of fiddling with the sprinkler heads to get the right balance.
          Now, If we just turn the tap fully open, youv'e got the chance that you might blow the hose and pop the splinkler heads, this could have an adverse affect on the garden.
           I suppose what I'm trying to say is that we must know what the garden wants, custom build your sprinkler system, it takes time, really look at the garden, make a strong hose then turn up the pressure.

I cant believe I used the analogy of a sprinkler system, it just came out.

Regards  steve

Ides315

Hi junkie

No, my recomendation is to start at the crown chakra and awaken each chakra coming down. This way your energy system is better able to "recieve" the energy. And it should avert the problem(s) that come from starting with the kundalini and moving up. This works for me, and how I was taught. But it was not by a "guru", just someone who new there energy systems.

With the warnings I have heard, make sure you know what you are doing.

best wishes

Tom

Expecting trouble before setting out does not help any more than starting out without any idea of what will be involved. A teacher of mine told me that there is no way to prepare for kundalini or to control it in any way. Kundalini seems to bring pain and disruption with it and many people say that it almost killed them, but it also seems to bring with it the information needed on what to do to get through it. Actually, the biggest troubles don't seem to be the physical pain (which my teacher told me was so bad as to keep him from standing up at times and which he described as having his body re-shaped a little at a time). The most of the suffering seems to be the emotional and mental re-arrangements. Being around other people can aggravate this. My teacher had problems when going to work, and customer service was not a good field for him to have been in during the worst of it. When I told my teacher about having read something on chakras or kundalini or energy or even meditation he would usually just laugh at me for taking it seriously. He said that most of the stuff I read was completely irrelevent.

Grenade01

Ides315: But then I've heard that can be dangerous as it brings to much energy to the brow which supposedly can also cause you to go insane.

I don't think it's really important how you do it, as long as you listen to your body and mind, if you feel anything unpleasant beyond a slight discomfort or notice any negative effects of course quit what your doing and try something else.  I think experimenting is okay though as long as you don't push it..... Im not afraid of kundalini  Ive read a few hindu books that talk about how some people would pin dangers on kundalini awakenings and they say its basically rubbish, but usually they do suggest you have a guru to help deal with it..So I dont know... I dont have a guru, but then I never really have for anything ...other than books and forums.  May as well give it a shot.

So last night I was meditating.  I started with NEW for a bit.  I reached a trance very quickly, unintentionally (often by the time Im done with my NEW routine I am in a full trance)  my energy body was very receptive last night.  When I was done drawing all the energy I focused more on specifically opening each center (from bottom up..all of them! hehe)  I felt like the energy was flowing pretty well So then I began to use a kundalini meditation.  The actual meditation said visualize a snake coiling up your spine or something, and breathe deep, but more importantly slowely.  I didnt visualize the snake, but instead kind of used a method more like NEW to draw energy up my spine.  At first I felt like there was a drop of warm water by my tailbone, then as I was drawing it upwards it felt like the water was slowely dripping up my back.  Each time I hit an energy center, it would begin to midly vibrate..except for my throat which suddenly felt very uncomfertable and constricted (Ive suspected I have big time energy blockages in my throat for a while now though) At this point I couldnt get it above my neck, I figured it was because my head wasnt straight but rather kinked to the side to avoid to much slobber buildup (they always talk about the spine needing to be perfectly straight)  So I moved my head so that my spine was straight..it took me out of the trance momentarily but it only took about 20 or so seconds to return to this state.  when the dripping water feeling reached the back of my head and then the top, I felt my brow become open and the top of my head started vibrating like the others, only it gave off a faint deep low pitched hum. At this point my whole body felt like it was submerged in warm, vibrating water...it was very odd.  This is kind of embarrasing but i had an experience kind of like AstralC's friend Hrmmm I didnt just admit that.... it felt more like a full body orgasm though than like merely a sexual one (kind of like the effects of the drug ecstasy) At this point It was getting a bit intense (my energy centers felt kind of hot weird)  I kept having random parts of my body float out of body..like a leg or an arm.  Although I did not achieve a full out of body.  Also I had this feeling like I had a big ball around my head..like a hot energy ball (kind of like those pictures of saints with the halos) it was a weird feeling.  The more I focused on it the more my Awareness began to withdraw into this ball.  I felt like I was almost becoming the ball.  Im certain if I would have focused on the ball I could have moved all my awareness to it and Astral projected into possibly a high realm.  But I was a bit afraid I was taking it to fast so I stopped the session right there.  (i Know boo boo haha but seriously that was a lot for one new type of meditation and I didnt want to cause any problems)  

That was it. I had only about 6 hours of sleep and I feel great (usually I need about 10)  
I may or may not give it a shot tonight
Im thinking about just doing my normal routine for a few days before I try again just incase...

Tia

That is really fascinating.  Sounds like you did it (awakened the Kundalini).  And I have been told that it is quite a difficult thing to do.

Have you ever run NEW energy up your spine?  And what was the difference?  I have difficulty getting energy through my back .

Please post any more of your experiences.  

Tom

In a book by Mantak Chia, I read that bones do not conduct energy very well. The area around the sacrum is listed as being one of the hardest places to push energy through, and rubbing the area with a silk cloth is suggested.

Grenade01

I was combining new with a kundalini method actually
It was like the NEW stimulated something else, but I also mentally imagined a hum (like Aum/om) and rolled my eyes up to point at my brow center.

I felt some big time blockages the likes of which ive never felt before, so I think I may have possibly had a taste of kundalini, but not really a true experience with it.  my throat center felt really messed up and i felt held back by a few other spots that i wasnt willing just yet to force clear

Adam

Tom - I can see why your teacher said that this stuff is irrelevant - it really is, in long term spiritual development. All it's doing is taking your focus off the most important stuff...I guess you could call it love. It's easy to get sidetracked into filling your head with knowledge, because your mind is stimulated by it. But it doesn't matter....all the knowledge you need right now, and will ever need, is in your heart.

Grenade - The throat center is the center of your will...and you can't clear every type of energy blockage with NEW - you've got to into your heart, and ask yourself why you have chosen to deny youself love. Because, as that saying goes, "The answer to every question is love."

And it's true...

Adam

distant bell

Grenade- Thats great! Y´ou have really inspired me!

Hm.. I talked to a girl who has used Kundalini- and basically what
she told me was to just sit down meditating and draw energy up the spine.
This made me thing about Robert Bruce, NEW and spinal energy bouncing.
I can´t se that there should be any great difference between NEW and kundalini. Indian religion/mysticism is wery full of supertsticion to. And it all comes down to symbols. The kundalini snake is a symbol for the quality of the energy. Might it be that we create the energy in the way we whant it?
Like this- if you expect something all powerfull and strange like Kundalini- you´ll form the energy into that- if you expect something less supersticious, like NEW, you create a different kind of energy..
After all... the energy surely is created by the mind in the body..

Felix

astralc

A great topic with a great response

I do tai chi and taoist meditations, have for the past 22 years. I had an awakening some years back when I deliberately meditated on my heart chakra, really pushed the chi breathing through it.

After four days of doing the chi breathing my heart just exploded, I mean I vibrated on my bed like I was hit by an electric current, it lasted about a minute. Wow, was I high! I then proceded to do this every day until I got really sensitive, I could open my heart chakra at will, but the side-effect was that my heart got too sensitive and led to panic attacks. I had to back off on it.

The Toaist and Chinese Kung Fu tradition is to train the body and energy to flow through the navel chakra and feet first. The student or apprentice was not alowed to move beyond their belly button for about 4 years. This established an 'earthing', an ability to disipate excess kundalini. Its like an electric appliance with an earth wire.

I did all this years ago, but when I opened up my heart chakra I went overboard because it felt so good. I recommend you start at the feet first just for this reason. Safety first.

And what does kundalini feel like for me? It is like electricity shooting right through my body, from my feet all the way out through my head. I do it automatically when asleep, it induces astral travelling.

If I come back from OOB too early I come back to really itchy thighs and legs because the kundalini is still pumping through me.

Astralc

www.shoal.net.au/~astralc

CP

HIYA, tried the method, but no results. HMM spent a while raising energy into bottom of spine kind of area, and got a sort of orgasmic effect.  What method did you use exactly? Also, I don't think I'm raising very much energy when I do NEW, is there anyway I can improve this?

Grenade01

Distant bell: Yeah! heheh

Adam:  Hmm Thats weird..Well I love and I love myself.. I always heard people who are indulgent in food / drugs / sex are likely to have a weak throat chakra...well thats me! Hahaha (funny because Im overly skinny and I eat like a pig!)
But No..Im a quite well balanced person..I never feel anger...rarely feel sad..and Im usually pretty easy going and patient.  Hmm beats me .  As for being irrelevent to spiritual development..Well That doesn't bother me because it really has very little to do with my spiritual development.  I am a slightly spiritual person..I am always contimplating my views and such... and evolving...but my interests in the metiphysical are mostly for exploration and interest.  Also I feel meditation really helps my concentration and personality.  So ????  Im reading about 3 different religious books and I have a few metiphysical books lined up to read..so even though I pursue both...they really aren't related as far as Im concerned. I dont prey or ask for protection or anything like that when I explore.

AstralC: MAN!  Your description of kundalini sounds like exactly what happened to me, and on top of that I got really itchy and had a few rashlike spots on my palms/neck/and near my ears..which went away about 10 minutes after i stopped

distant bell

Grenada-
What posture did you use /do you use. When working with kundalini the
back has to be rally straight, and I guess it´s quite usuall to do it in Lotus or simply cross leged on the floor. But NEW is usually easier with straight legs.
I always do NEW sitting on my couch, ansd meditation sitting cross leged on the floor. I really think there might be alot to the posture.. But the idea of combining NEW and meditation? Then I guess sitting on a chair might be the best. But since you got such a great result- perhaps you had the right posture! So how did you sit?

Felix