News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Less sleep

Previous topic - Next topic

heter

Is it just me, or does anyone feel like they require less sleep now that they started doing more energy work?

kathynovus

Hello heter,

It's not just you, I have also noticed an increase in my energy levels.  I seem to need less sleep as well. This is a good thing.  I must be doing something right  :wink:
row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream
merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.

Tesla

Ever since I started using the NEW energy ways technique I have been waking up earlier and going to bed later, but I'm never tired.

Tom

That's really interesting; it is the way it is supposed to be that the need for sleep decreases. I find that my need for sleep gets a lot stronger and the actual sleep leaves me more tired than when I go to bed. It would be nice to know what I'm doing wrong.

heter

Quote from: TomThat's really interesting; it is the way it is supposed to be that the need for sleep decreases. I find that my need for sleep gets a lot stronger and the actual sleep leaves me more tired than when I go to bed. It would be nice to know what I'm doing wrong.

It varys alot for me as well. For example, I now sleep for 12 hours like normal. But, the intresting thing is that when i started running again after 3 months, I could run the same exact amount as if I was just as fit, which I was obviously not.

CaCoDeMoN

That's really interesting; it is the way it is supposed to be that the need for sleep decreases. I find that my need for sleep gets a lot stronger and the actual sleep leaves me more tired than when I go to bed. It would be nice to know what I'm doing wrong.
For me this is true too. I found out that doing energy work before sleep lessens that "tiredness" feeling that usually comes after sleeping.
MEAT=MURDER.

Bonden

Maybe it takes time to get less sleap. Like when you start training physically you get tierd maybe the first week or two, but then  you begin to get more energy and fell better and so on. Maybe its the same with energy work but it takes longer time than when you train physical?

pharmakeia

Mantak Chia sleeps in short cat naps only now.

Badwuv

I don't do energy work every night or anything, but when I do, or even when I just meditate (basic zen style) I can't sleep for hours if i stop and try to go to sleep. But if I do energy work laying down and then go into a trance state when I'm done, I can sort of "let go" and I'll fall asleep.  Thing is, I wake up a lot more rested after doing this and I tend to remember my dreams better.  Does anyone else remember dreams better when doing energy work?

pharmakeia

The ideal time for practice in many traditional chinese energy work forms (chi gung) is at dusk or dawn. There are other systems that divide the day into 4ths, dawn, midday, dusk, midnight.  

The reasoning behind this is that dusk and dawn are natural transition times of the earth, and that energy work is working with natural transitions within the body. Thus as above, so below and all that.

Feng Shui works with understanding the transitional convergences of life and landscape to create harmonic wells of energy benificial to the "spirituality" of the practitioner.

Anyways, all this could of coarse be used to be more selective about the time and place of energy work, as increased energy at the incorrect time can obviously be of detriment to the practiioner at times.

pharmakeia

pharmakeia

Also there are standing, seated, laying down and martial chi gungs. Obviously each chi gung is for cultivating the relationship of the practioner to the activity (of standing sitting, laying or martial actions) and focusing on the activity (or inactivity) in and of itself. Food for thought.

pharmakeia

Logic

Quote from: heterIs it just me, or does anyone feel like they require less sleep now that they started doing more energy work?

You're also always getting older, and thats natural too.
We are not truly lost, until we lose ourselves.

OrionsDream

For me, doing magick takes a lot of energy and it makes me really tired.
But I usually do my serious energy work right before bed, for 2 reasons.
My parents think i'm asleep
I am more aware and relaxed then

----
Step by Step
Save your tears for the day when our pain is far behind on your feet come with me we are soldiers stand or die
Save your fears take your place save them for the judgement day fast and free follow me time to make the sacrifice we rise or fall