News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

mixing systems

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

The advantage of just doing one thing is that it is possible to spend more time and effort on it and so to get more results from it. Ten steps on one path can be better than one step on ten different paths. If you can combine aspects of ten different paths to create a single, unique system then it is still ten steps along a single path.

kakkarot

it is dangerous if you do it too quickly or too uncautiously. i myself mix chi, ki, and kundalin (something new for me). when i first realized that i could use ki, and that i could use chi to fuel ki, i thought it was cool and i went around burning up chi to fuel my ki to try and see how powerful i could make my ki at any given time. and in the city i live in right now, there isn't much chi. the effect was that when i ran out of chi, i REALLY felt the effects of using ki so foolishly.

then when i found kundalin i started fooling around with converting kundalin into chi and i burnt myself out again. i am such a baka :) . it took me a couple of months to reabsorb enough chi to convert it back into kundalin so that my spine was even remotely infused with enough kundalin to get by in life at more than a metaphorical crawl.

so yeah, if you don't use caution (and most people probably won't) mixing different systems is bad. but once you learn from your mistakes, the ability to use different energies in synch with each other is increadible and achieves some really increadible results to. it just takes longer, as Tom said.

~kakkarot

btw, who was it that said you shouldn't practice tai chi and NEW at the same time?

Secret of Secrets

kifyre

quote:
Originally posted by kakkarot:
it is dangerous if you do it too quickly or too uncautiously. i myself mix chi, ki, and kundalin (something new for me). when i first realized that i could use ki, and that i could use chi to fuel ki, i thought it was cool and i went around burning up chi to fuel my ki to try and see how powerful i could make my ki at any given time. and in the city i live in right now, there isn't much chi. the effect was that when i ran out of chi, i REALLY felt the effects of using ki so foolishly.

then when i found kundalin i started fooling around with converting kundalin into chi and i burnt myself out again. i am such a baka :) . it took me a couple of months to reabsorb enough chi to convert it back into kundalin so that my spine was even remotely infused with enough kundalin to get by in life at more than a metaphorical crawl.

so yeah, if you don't use caution (and most people probably won't) mixing different systems is bad. but once you learn from your mistakes, the ability to use different energies in synch with each other is increadible and achieves some really increadible results to. it just takes longer, as Tom said.

~kakkarot

btw, who was it that said you shouldn't practice tai chi and NEW at the same time?

Secret of Secrets

Hi kakkarot,

How do you differentiate between ki, chi, and kundalini energy?

Mark

WalkerInTheWoods

It has always been my philosophy to experiment and find your own way. What is good for one may not be the best for you, as we are all unique. I think it is good to mix systems as long as you take it slow and keep an open mind to what is going on. Whenever I read about something new I will try it out and then see how well it fits with what I already do. Usually by adding a little something it makes the whole better.

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

kakkarot

kifyre: how i differentiate is based upon how they feel and what i can do with them in their most natural states.

chi is something i can (usually) only use when i am relaxed and it feels like anything from a gas to a stream to an ocean of energy.

ki is something that i have (usually) only been able to use when my muscles are tensed. it feels as though i am lighting myself on fire, but the flames don't hurt (except in exceptional cases).

kundalin in the energy that moves up and down my spine. i haven't used it very long and haven't experimented with it much yet, though. it feels like a thousand golden strands of electrical sparks moving in my spine.

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

distant bell

quote:
Originally posted by kakkarot:

Hi! lol- no one I guess- it was just an example.. the frist two things that came to mind. But I have heard many other systems say that you should stick to there system and not mix it with any others. Personally I think this is only true if one follows a system dogmatically withoút any onw thinkinkg. Or it´s a matter of keeping the followers of a system more strongly tied.

Of course if you know nothing about lets say cocking better stick to the recipy, but íf you have some experience and knowledge on cocking, adding and mixing probably makes the food even better!

-- Love is the Law - Love under Will --

dido

Hi distant bell
I think it boils down to common sense: if you don't overdo and if you follow the guidelines for every discipline you practise, you can even have a synergistic effect, that is you go on faster. I practise Reiki, Tao, Qigong, New and Em-Power and I don't feel anything wrong in me, on the contrary, it seems that everything is enhancing everything else. Of course, I have all the time I want: time is the only limiting factor.  
The only caution I wuold recommend: use just one discipline for every aspect you wont to work on: fo example if you are working on sex, don't do Tao and tantra together, because they are using different principles. NEW is from a certain point of view the most 'general'. It works on removing blockages and raising energy, so I don't see any reason why it should'nt  be 'coupled' with anything else.

Tom

Kundalini feels more like cold water for me than electrical heat or sparks. Heat would be more to my liking as it does not bother me much. My usual complaint is cold even in warm weather. It does not make sense to get chills in the middle of summer during the day outside. This is, of course, assuming that the initial opinion and second opinion that I got that this is kundalini I'm dealing with are correct. While I'd like to go with it and just say that this is kundalini, it seems like a good idea to keep an open mind to the possibility that it might be something else. Oddly enough, my mom was told that what she began to experience while taking yoga classes is kundalini also. This happened within a month of when my experiences began. We live in different cities.

When adding a new system after having practised something for a while, it is still a good idea to start with any preliminary or preparatory exercises and studies which are offered. My tendency is to think that one set of preliminary exercises is good enough even when adding another system. This is usually a very big mistake for me and when I'm lucky nothing happens.

Ashfo

dido,

What is Em-Power? :)

Any websites, links?

Thanks!

- Ashfo

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"You are First Cause. You are a portion of the great energy. And you, yourselves are thought manifestations of what you think you are."

dido

Hi Ashfo
an english healear, Coby Zvikler, is able to transfer part of his  abilities to a small alluminium disc. Working with this disc is really amazing: you give orders to your body and it reacts moving by itself and correcting physical problems. I've even had good results in terms of emotional rebalancing and enhancing my other energy practicices. It is also possible to help other people with it.
Coby claims that the disc enhance the connection of a person to his/her Higher Self, and I actually receive Yes/No body signals from my HS when I do the Em-Power. It's sort of a weird experience, but it has been very useful to me in many occasions.
I had so many good results with it that I translated in Italian the material that cames with the disc. Coby's site is:http:www.freebooks-online.co.uk

In this site you can download his book 'The key to Gabriel' and know more about it.

kakkarot

Tom: does this "cold water" feeling ONLY run through your spine? because if it runs through your entire body, i would be more likely to say it is chi. not because chi is cold, but because it could be compared to cold water compared to the temperature of the physical body.

also, i have read a few sources that say yoga teaches kundalin, so i wouldn't be surprised if your mom was using kundalin.

dido: just to be knit-picking :) you are missing an "o" in the freebooks-online.co.uk link.

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

Tom

For some reason I often perceive heat as cold and cold as cold. As for the cold water feelings I mentioned, I was told at those times that there was a lot of heat radiating off of me to the point of causing discomfort. Sometimes I would check with my hands where the energy seemed to be moving most and while it felt cold it would be warm to the touch. Although I won't rule out possibilities other than kundalini, I am certainly not going on only my own subjective evaluation of the matter. The energy did spread out well beyond my spine and even outside of my body. This is actually common in cases of kundalini. Just having the energy go up the spine is more unusual even though it is traditionally described as neatly going from base chakra to crown chakra along the central channel shushumna and there uniting with shiva.

dido

Thank you Kakkarot, I've corrected my mistake.

Ashfo

Dido, do you need to buy the Em-Power disc?

- Ashfo

"You are First Cause. You are a portion of the great energy. And you, yourselves are thought manifestations of what you think you are."

cainam_nazier

Me personally I do not think that it is the mixing of systems that is bad but rather the "jumping" from one to another and not allowing yourself enough time to learn any one particular system.  It is far better to be good in at least one system rather than to be okay in many.  

I am not saying that mixing systems is bad but rather that you must have enough knowledge to do so, and to do so safely.  But I am also a firm believer that knowledge is power and to learn as much as one can.  But if you skip around to much and have not learned control have you learned anything at all?

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com
I am he who walks in the light but is masked by the shadows.

distant bell

David-
I agree with you, it is better to learn one system well than jumping around between many different and not learning any of them for real..
But- what if al these different systems are only different names and iterpretations of the same thing?
I strongly doubt that there is such a great difference between the different energys that different systems talk about. So take NEW for example-
Did the NEW energy come into existens as Robert Bruce invented the system? I hardly think so!!
I belive that Robert Bruce didi like this- he used the scientific method and really investigated if there is an energy in the body and how best to manipulate it. I still think that there is ONE energy.
Every system has it´s own name for it.
After al, there are several different gods to - shall we run around beliving that there is one Alah, one Jahve, one krishna and so on.. or shall we se it as different ways to explain one divine source. I for one do not belive that there are a whole pantheon of different gods, all existing att the same time, all real and al monoteistic.. So why should I belive that every kind of name the different systems use for the energy body is a real existing energy?

I belive rather that the things that take place on the astral/ethereal plane are so subjective- or rather influenced by our thoughts, that we shape the one energy into a form that we expect. Another interesting thing is this- How do we know that one energy is percived the same way by al people?
New can feel quite different for different people- And by the way WHAT kind of energy is the NEW energy?

Felix

cainam_nazier

It is much the same as with learning to fight.  When all is said and done it all boils down to a punch is a punch and a kick is a kick.  

I do not think that the energies themselves are very different at all, only a persons perception of them.  I personall only see two different kinds of energy, that which is free born or naturally occuring and that which comes from a person.  The only reason I see the difference is because for me energy that comes from a person or entity is "tainted" by them, be it a good or bad thing depends on the person.

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com
I am he who walks in the light but is masked by the shadows.

kakkarot

don't mean to sound like a jerk, but i thought i would tell ya something about my experiences. this is what i was gonna post elsewhere, but i decided not to post it there and instead i thought i would post it here.
i know that there are multiple forms of energy. each one can be used in either its most natural patterns, or manipulated so that it is almost a different form of energy. chi, ki, pranic, reiki, hadou, magick, kundalin; these are all different forms of energy from each other, although each CAN be converted from one form to another. this is what my experience dictates. it is not a personal philosophy, i have actually used chi, ki, magick, and kundalin and they are all different forms of energy, each with their own properties and their own natural tendancies. for instance, magick is very easy to mould; shape the energy directly and it tends to stay in that shape until manipulated again. chi, though, is easy to mould, but once you "let go" of it, it goes back to its natural shape(s) and movement patterns; not immediately, but over a minute or less. ki, on the third hand, is hard (relatively) to shape and once you "let go" of it, it reverts very quickly, in a matter of three seconds or less. kundalin isn't something that i have been able to shape very well yet; it just stays in my spine like a rope.

i do not know about pranic, reiki, hadou or NEW from my own experiences, but from logical thinking and research i have been able to come up with a few theories. hadou (which is actually believed to exist) is the ki of living things. ki is a personal form of energy, but by taking it from other living things (trees, animals, etc) you can accumulate mass amounts of ki without expending your own. reiki and pranic i don't know much about, but i am starting to get tempted to believe that NEW is a method of being able to feel chi. BUT I CAN'T VERIFY THIS SINCE I DON'T PRACTICE N.E.W..

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

dido

Hi Ashfo
Yes, I'm afraid you need to buy an em-power disc, unless you know someone in your area who can let you use his or hers.
As a matter of fact I was the first in Italy to have one: I read an advertisement on a Qigong magazine and decided to try it, but all the other people I know that are using it in Italy have tried my or some other friend's disc before buying it.
Coby gives people one month to decide if they want to keep the disc or not, in wich case he gives back the money (but not the postage and packing). I know him personally and I trust him.
Maybe you could ask him if there is some member of the Em-Power Research Project in your area to whome you could ask to try the disc, if you are interested in trying it.

distant bell

Many schools say that it is bad to mix different systems. For example, one should not do tai chi and NEW at the same time. I have a hard time beliviving this though. I do not se any wrong in using different systems at the same time. So any comments on this one? Is it a problem to mix NEW, qui gong, kundalini and tantra?

Felix