Monroe's energy body / chakra development

Previous topic - Next topic

Pauli2

Having read a lot of stuff I picked up R Monroe's first book "Journeys out of the body" and read the initial chapters. To my surprise it seemed that Monroe had gone through some kind of energy/astral/etheric body development the months prior to his first OBE.

First of all, I don't really know what a chakra is, but I think it has to do with transformation of the non-physical bodies (yes, I assume more than one body). The chakras uses energy, but exactly what kind of energy I don't know, and I don't know how it is produced or consumed. I just assume that this energy is transported back and forth somehow to and from chakras.

Before I list my Monroe book findings I have to state that I think there are some kind of "other" chakras besides the chakras "most spoken about". And I know that everyone don't agree with this division of chakras, but I find so many on-line references to these various types of chakra's that I base my guess on their existence. So here goes my opinion on chakras:

1. There are 7 chakras that are called Main chakras or Primary chakras. These chakras go along the center of the body. Sometimes the number of Primary chakras may vary between 6 to 12, with some of the Primary chakras even being depicted outside the body, sometimes above the head.

2. There are "other" important chakras, for example the Soma chakra (for example mentioned in Harish Johari's text book about "Chakras") and the Bindu chakra. These "other" chakras seem to be about 20 chakras, give or take some, and they may or may not be placed along the center of the body. These "other" chakras are sometimes called Minor chakras or Secondary chakras, but for the sake of simplicity i will group these 20 "other" chakras with the Primary chakras as long as they are not in the shoulder or thigh joints.

3. Then there are "further" chakras which mostly are placed in joints all over the body or in the palms or souls of our feet. They may or may not be mentioned as "tertiary" chakras. For simplicity I'll regard these joint-chakras as Secondary chakras. Reason being is my own experience of energy work in R Bruce NEW style that makes me do this division.

So...

We have Primary chakras, placed in torso, neck and head.
We have Secondary chakras placed in joints (including shoulder and hip joints) and in our palms & souls of feet.

Between these chakras (both Primary & secondary) there are energy channels, transporting energy to and from chakras. Sometimes these energy channels can be named Nadis. Nadis are channels. Secondary chakras are chakras in their own right.

---

Now to Monroe. What happened to him _before_ his first exit was the following:

* Monroe had for some time listened to learning-enhancing-sounds, perhaps Frequency Following Response (FFR) sound or something that resembled binaural beats (at this time Monroe didn't use binaural beats, but some other sound to induce sleep and improve learning). The sound may have been close enough to that of binaural beats and Monroe himself think that it provoked the initial happening.

* Monroe got a very long lasting stomach cramp some time after having listened to some sound for improved learning. The cramp and pain lasted for over ten hours.

* Monroe lay down and was struck by a warm ray of light, like from the sun. The ray of light made Monroe's body shake and "vibrate". Monroe also reported problems moving while the vibrations lasted.

* The vibrations occurred for Monroe nine more times over several days.

* Monroe now let the vibrations take their course as they occurred 4-5 times more over several days. Monroe noticed that the vibration surge swept his whole body, starting from his head, feeling like an electric shock.

* Monroe also reported that he heard roaring sounds of the vibrations these later 4-5 times.

* On one occasion the vibrations developed into a ring of sparks circling his body. The ring moved up and down his body with a cycle time of 5 seconds.

* The place occupied by the ring increased the vibrations over the corresponding body part. When the ring was around his head the sound was again roaring.

* Monroe could see the ring of sparks if he closed his eyes.

* The vibrations came and went over several months, when one day the vibrations were fading away and Monroe got his first partial-body OBE as his hand went through the floor of the room.

---

My idea is that Monroe experienced some kind of chakra improvement, very similar to R Bruce NEW energy work. R Bruce states that the first and most important thing to do is to work and improve the Secondary chakras and energy channels (see my comment on nadis).

Monroe started with completely underdeveloped chakras and nadis, which caused his 10 hour initial stomach cramp.

At one of Monroe's first vibrations he felt light, perhaps it was his fore head chakra becoming more active. I think R Bruce has stated that lights/flashes in the head/closed eyes can be signs of fore-head energy center development.

At subsequent vibrations, Monroe's energy channels and energy centers became more and more developed and activated until he suddenly made a spontaneous exit.

Monroe's initial cramp and his subsequent energy body development was happening because he participated in a lot of enhanced learning experiments where sound was used for either falling asleep or to learn better. This sound had characteristics similar to shamanic drums, throat singing and binaural beats, which caused an effect similar to Hemi-Sync.

---

Now my questions is, has anyone gone through any similar experience before being able to OBE or AP?

Or some part of it, like cramps, seeing moving energy rings or suddenly feeling heavy vibrations or hearing roaring sounds?

If you OBE or AP often, do you remember how it all started? Would you say that your OBE/AP ability is related to improved non-physical energy body improvements?

Any other thought on the stuff above or on Monroe's ability to OBE?
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

personalreality

be awesome.

Stookie

Those are some interesting observations Pauli. :) It's cool you could relate all of that together. I can't say that's the case, but it very well could be.

However, I don't think Monroe's experience is very normal. It seems very unique to him.

QuoteWould you say that your OBE/AP ability is related to improved non-physical energy body improvements?

That's another one that's hard to say. I do believe that it has a lot to do with it. For people that don't do any energy work but AP very well, it could be that they are already much more sensitive and in control of their energy system naturally. Also, as you have more non-physical experiences, I believe that your energy system naturally becomes more sensitive and acclimates itself. So for some, energy work isn't needed.

But then for others who aren't quite as natural, you can do energy work to get the same benefit. I think Monroe was more (a lot more) natural and these things were more automatic. For the rest of us, we have to work at it. At least Monroe left a path so we can attempt his way of doing it. However, I don't think it's better or more effective than anything else. It's just another option.

(What does TL;DR mean? Is it like UUDDLRLRBA?)

Chris J.

personalreality

it was a joke at pauli.  he came into #astralpulse and said he wrote a really long post.
be awesome.

TofuAttack

Pauli2

I first thought pr meant TLC, but had managed to type the last character with his a#$. :)
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

personalreality

be awesome.

Pauli2

I can see that I haven't explained exactly why I want to do my division of Primary and Secondary chakras. Reason is that when a Primary chakras is felt in an unpleasent way, throbbing, giving of unpleasent pressure or even hurts to some extent, it is the result of the Primary chakra having to depend on Secondary chakras that are underdeveloped.

When Secondary chakras tingle, vibrate or give of unpleasent or painful experiences, they are of much shorter duration for the most time, and thus less felt, perhaps because they work at much less pressure one-and-one, compared to the huge Primary chakras. Secondary chakras usually only feels troublesome for one or two days, but the Primary chakras can feel unpleasent for months, if given insufficient energy from the Secondary chakras.

And finally, these chakra-problem-experiences might not be true for all people, and I've even myself, felt some kind of pain in my arms, where I only would expect to find nadis, so my division of Primary and Secondary chakras shall be viewed as a simplification, but suits the Monroe situation described above, where Monroe got heavy pain and cramp in his stomach, where the largest Primary chakras reside (except for the head).

Notice how close the ring light, that moved up and down by itself around Monroe's body, resembles R Bruce's "energy bouncing" technique.

It's also interesting to notice that Monroe describes astral noise during his initial vibration experiences.

And the thread starter questions still remain, for more people to answer.

personalreality

When I first started I would feel very intense energy surges through my body and especially in my heart center.  These strong sensations would sometimes even linger for days. 

I found a few things that helped ease the discomfort and open the centers further.  The first is grounding.  That is really important I think.  Second was simple chakra meditations, often with crystals to help channel the energy.  And the most important was to perceive reality through different chakras regularly.  By this I mean focusing attention on a particular chakra throughout the day.  You will lose track sometimes, but when you do, just return your focus to the chakra and make it a point to perceive experiences through the energy of those centers.  It can be rather illuminating. 
be awesome.

Pauli2

What's interesting with Monroe's development is that it was sufficient with listening to FFR (or similar sound) for about a year, to induce the first OBE.

Maybe I should just listen to H-S without the intention to OBE. Perhaps it will come all by itself then?

Second interesting fact is that the energy body of Monroe seemed to develop too, only by the use of FFR sounds. No meditation, nothing.

CFTraveler

He mentioned taking lots of naps.  If you stay awake long enough, that's meditating.

Pauli2

My father takes lots, really looots of naps, but he can't OBE. :)

radman32

I've had experiences where I would see lights w/ my eyes closed; heavy pressures from main energy centers, not lasting too long; hearing hazy sounds like static, just not roaring. I've experienced all of this, and yet no OBE. I've had a couple real close ones. I also know what you mean about focusing on a chakra through out the day, and experiencing it's power.

CFTraveler

Quote from: Pauli2 on November 19, 2010, 15:57:32
My father takes lots, really looots of naps, but he can't OBE. :)
Yes, but has he tried, or had symptoms or spontaneous projections?

The reason I ask is because I have found that when 'regular' people are asked if they've ever had exit symptoms, a surprising amount of people say yes.
I think I've talked about this before, but in the church I used to go to, one day I mentioned having been at the TMI (someone asked me where I'd been.)  When I explained what it was, a whole bunch of people mobbed me asking questions.  As you can imagine, I was a little scared of admitting that I do this, but I 'came out' and talked about OBE.  Around half of the people that were in the group I was with immediately started sharing stories of their own spontaneous events, but no one had ever mentioned it because they were afraid of what people would think of them.
I think in terms of the amount of people that went there, around half of the people had had some sort of symptom, and about 30 percent had had spontaneous projections (RTZ OBEs) of this amount, two other people besides me had done something about it and cultivated it.

Pauli2

CFTraveler, I doubt my father would admit an OBE, he just isn't that type of person. :)

Interesting enough, when having re-read most of Monroe's first book, I'm noticing that almost every of Monroe's exits are preceded by a lot of vibrations.

He mentions the "1-20/LQ procedure" to induce OBE, but I found very little description of this Monroe method. I only get the impression that he counts to twenty and then exits..?

CFTraveler

If you have the first book (is it Journeys?) he does describe his method in it.  It's something with focusing on an area in front of him, then going up in an angle (to focus in the space in front of him) and then pulling the 'vibrations' towards him in some way (I already forgot).  At the time I think he saw the  vibes as things he could pull to him.  IMO he was using body-awareness practices (like the rope method) to exit, and didn't realize that.
I think there's a thread in this forum (the OBE forum) in where someone quotes it.  Maybe in techniques?  Maybe you can use the search for "pulling for vibrations" or something like that.  It's probably in the EIC forum, as they have a lot of Monroe literature.

Pauli2

At the end of Monroe's first book, page 235, 237 & 240, he mentions having a recurring "air hiss" sound in his ears. I guess that if that sound changes over time, say over a week or a day, it's not tinnitus, but something else. Perhaps the hissing sound is the result of non-physical energy movements?

Also, in the mid 1960s, Monroe's body vibrations disappeared and developed into a feeling of warmth (page 239).