News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

NEW

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

The exercises in working with energy and increasing the quantity of the energy within you are not the goal. They are the means of reaching a goal. It may be boring to play the scales on a musical instrument, but the purpose of a musical instrument is in playing songs. The scales, going up and down the notes, are exercises for gaining familiarity with the instrument and the sounds that it can produce. Your approach to energy work sounds like taking up an instrument for the purpose of learning to play scales without even knowing about playing actual songs. When you develop skill with energy, it will not just be for the purpose of pushing or pulling it around from place to place. It will not be about creating sensations, either, because those will actually decrease with your increasing skill and ability to work more directly with the energy. You will find yourself healing more quickly from injuries and illnesses. You will find positive mental and emotional states to be more secure and less easily disturbed. Then any tendencies toward accidents and injuries will diminish. This is as far as I have gotten in my own practices. Even so, I continue to practice the basics. My concentration grows stronger and my mind is less easily disrupted by day-to-day activities which once would have driven away my sense of purpose. This is what I am using NEW to increase. I want to develop my mental stability to the point where I can practice my religion (Mahayana Buddhism) in every moment of my life instead of getting caught up in little things and losing many hours before my clarity of mind returns.

Tia

I do know what you mean, it is tedious, but for me in the beginning I would just carry on doing the exercises, at night, in bed when I had nothing better to do - just for the Hell of it.  Then one night I actually raised energy, scared me half to death, didn't know what hit me, I was at the time just 'mindlessly' doing the exercises.  So from that moment on, I had a healthy respect and fascination for NEW.  Apart from the energy raising, I have to say that my mind opened up - cant even explain this really, I just sometimes know things or information just comes to me.

Strangely enough, I've had trouble raising energy lately so it has been a bit boring for me too.  

Now, as for meditation - that is really boring!  I have been doing it every day, but I think I have lost the plot.  What is the point in sitting without thought for 40min (longest I can bare it)???  All worries, mindless thoughts come back the minute you stop meditating, it's not like it gets rid of stuff...  I dunno about the meditation thing...  

Donni_Joy

Howdy

It is easy to lose interest in NEW when you do not feel anything. Sometimes imagining the energy as hot or cold can help.

Have you noticed an increase in dream recall or lucidity? This can be a sign something is happening, even if you can't feel it.

There are also hundreds of email testimonies from people using NEW confirming it's efficacy. I will see if I can get them and put them online. These are a great source of inspiration and incentive.

You say it is tedious -- can you shift that to seeing it as much as a challenge as trance meditation because NEW is, essentially, a meditation. Following through with the exercises teaches discipline, committment, and patience!

Regarding myself, a skeptic too, I have found when I am consistent with NEW I definitely have stronger dreams and even lucid dreams, low-level OBE's, spontanneous OBE's, visions, precognition, inspiration, positive synchronicity, and even "things" happening in my real world (long story, but similar to low level poltergeist type stuff, in a nice or funny way usually.) The first time I had a low level OBE was fantastic and proved to be this stuff can be achieved. We have five kids, special challenges within our family structure/individuals, and I am not the most disciplined -- but when I am NEWing it does build momentum and is so cool!

Toddler hassling, gotta go!

Cheers
Donni

"A balance of perspective must be maintained in order to preserve reasonable logic and truth." Robert the Brute, 2002

"A balance of perspective must be maintained in order to preserve reasonable logic and truth." Robert the Brute, 2002

distant bell

Thank you for your replies!

Yes, well I realise that that the NEW exercices are not in themselfe the goal, but only the way. My main problem though is this, that when I try doing NEW exercises, I really have no way of knowing if I do them in the right way and actually work my way forward towards the goal I´m after- or if it´s just self sugestion that causes the minor feelings I get. It might be that the NEW system indead is wery good, but that having read Robert Bruces instructions carfully, I still do it wrong and in reality don´t move or raise any energy.

I find it wery hard to sens my body awareness on many bodyparts. I THINK that I have managed to pull energy around in the feet and the thumbs- but how can I be sure?
Pulling energy upp the legs seemd to work, almoust up to the knees, but then it became wery tricy.

People talk about the NEW system as being wery easy to use. This is not really how I have experienced it, It is not that easy to pull energys around. The feeling and of energymovement in the body is wery hard locatet for me..

TIA
"Now, as for meditation - that is really boring! I have been doing it every day, but I think I have lost the plot. What is the point in sitting without thought for 40min (longest I can bare it)??? All worries, mindless thoughts come back the minute you stop meditating, it's not like it gets rid of stuff... I dunno about the meditation thing..."

When I have been meditating for about fiften minutes I get into a trance state, and I find that quite interesting. Do you go into trance to? The ideal is probably to reach a state of mind where time dosn´t matter any more, where you can sitt through the whole meditation without thinking about time. But I have days too when meditation seems virtually impossible.

But meditation has many good effects- even on the physicall plane.
Your heart rate goes down- wihitch is always good. You get stress relife, and better consentration abilitys. And on the metaphysicall plane it probably dose alot more than that!  

Winged_Wolf

Well, there's yet another similarity between NEW and the method I learned under--people complaining it's boring.
If a person can get on a treadmill and exercise every single day, they can do NEW or use the Training Manual on our site.  You have to really want to do this.  It has to be very, very important to you.

Perhaps it's just as well that people who have a lesser interest will lose that interest when they realize that training is tedious.  Those who are left will have the dedication to reach for their full potential.
Harsh, but true?

--Winged Wolf
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."
--Winged Wolf
http://www.lulu.com/wingedwolfpsion
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."

Tia

In the beginning, you dont know if you're doing it right.  Infact I still wonder if I'm doing it right sometimes (3 months now).  I am just starting to practice the body circuit as I could never get that far before without being flooded out with energy just by brushing up my legs.  So your experiences might not go according to the book, everybody is different.  I used to post every time something happened that wasn't in the text, and find that somebody here has been there/done that. But do the exercises to the letter (to start off with anyway)- what you are doing is building up/opening up your circuitry, to me that means making yourself stronger, more powerful (always an incentive).  When you first raise energy (or it raises you) you will know it without a doubt - please post when that happens so I can have a good chuckle...

And one more thing - dont expect anything, I never expected anything, when you train with weights, you dont expect your muscle to grow before your very eyes - but you know that it is getting stronger with each session.  Same thing with NEW.

As for trance, I have reached this state, not too often as it's quite difficult to get to.  I just hope that it gets easier with practice as I really hate that mind struggle bit.  

kifyre

quote:
I find it wery hard to sens my body awareness on many bodyparts. I THINK that I have managed to pull energy around in the feet and the thumbs- but how can I be sure?
Pulling energy upp the legs seemd to work, almoust up to the knees, but then it became wery tricy.

People talk about the NEW system as being wery easy to use. This is not really how I have experienced it, It is not that easy to pull energys around. The feeling and of energymovement in the body is wery hard locatet for me..

I read some Bodytalk material (not available here: http://www.bodytalksystem.com/) that seems to indicate that the human energy field is directly connected to our kinesthetic(?) awareness, our ability to know where our bodyparts are at any given time. I still have tons of areas to work on, but places that I couldn't "flow" energy through, or couldn't "grab" have since changed to have very little resistance. Keep track of what's hard--you'll find it gets easier, which probably means your field, centers, and channels are activating in that area. (Even if you don't feel anything, you'll get a sense of smooth transition as you pass awareness through that area.)

Boredom: I used to do Qigong for an hour straight everyday. (Stand with your eyes closed and wave your hands around for an hour.) Sometimes I got so bored I started yelling inside my head. Even with a year of that, I can still only handle NEW for 40 minutes. But it used to be for only 20 minutes. It'll get easier to lose track of time.

Also, one trick I use. Focus INTENSELY on every sensation and feeling you have. Devote every bit of mind-power to taking in sensations, feeling them, mapping them, memorizing them. Then there's not much room left to be bored. :)

Best of luck! And I hope this helps a bit.

Oh, and I should mention--I never know if I'm doing it right either! :-P

Mark

Edited by - kifyre on 26 March 2002  13:53:29

distant bell

quote:

You have to really want to do this.  It has to be very, very important to you.

Perhaps it's just as well that people who have a lesser interest will lose that interest when they realize that training is tedious.  Those who are left will have the dedication to reach for their full potential.
Harsh, but true?

Well, winged wolf, I guess you got a point, BUT and this is a wery important but- it is hard to do something whitout knowing how to do it.
Actually I am one of those who on a regular basis go to the gym to keep my physical body fit. And I know that in the begining I did do certain things wrong- but there where always kind people who helped me correct my moves, so I learnd how to do it the right way- and man that helped!
You can go into a gym with no knowledge anf full motivation.. and it will probably turn out really bad. I imagine that you had someone who helped and teached you when you learnd the energy exercise system Winged wolf! It´s not always that easy to learn things as abstract as NEW from a text. I actually tried to learn a Qui Giong system from a book- and faild. It´s alot easier with help.

KIfyre
"Boredom: I used to do Qigong for an hour straight everyday. (Stand with your eyes closed and wave your hands around for an hour.) Sometimes I got so bored I started yelling inside my head. "

I used to work with the Falun Gong QiGong system- and sometiems the sessions where 1,5 - 2 hours. Except for stiff legs there where moments of booredom involved

Be blessed!

DjMidgetMan

Again, Im being prejudice(I didnt read the replies, lol)... Well anyway, Id have to say that the thing I LEAST believe in is the NEW system.... This is because the NEW system could just be a way of stimulating the nervous system... All the symptoms are related to the nervous system and awareness has to do with the nervous system... Has anyone thought that the NEW system stimulates the nervous system not the Energy body??? An even more interesting thought is that maybe energy is transferred THROUGH the nervous system... If this is a silly idea, please dont criticize me too much, im only a kid....

DjMidgetMan
  "Mind over Matter"

Tir13

What do you think runs your nervous system?  Energy.  The NEW is just a very practical way of stimulating and strengthening it.  Robert refers to it as the 'energy body', in terms of astral projection, but essentially you are just doing a 'nervous system workout'.  The system is so effective BECAUSE you are soley using your awareness to trigger and stabilize the flow of electrical energy in your body.  Don't separate the energy body/nervous system into two vastly different things...just various terms used to describe the sensations.  Furthermore, the NEW system is quite tangible, when you raise energy you *feel* it, hell you can even manipulate it into shapes (through your hand ports)...I don't know what else to say.  

Jason

DjMidgetMan

oh.... I guess my idea about the nervous system wasnt such a silly idea after all....

DjMidgetMan
  "Mind over Matter"

Winged_Wolf

Actually, no--I learned to manipulate energy first by figuring it out from reading books.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf
http://www.lulu.com/wingedwolfpsion

aussie_swede

tjenare distant bell,
I was wandering if you read the whole NEW guide through before you started practising the exercises. I have the feeling to practise the exercises and get used to them before i move on. This is aimed at everyone who has worked with NEW. What do you suggest?
-Steve-

Step outside the square you live in.
Step outside the square you live in.

rodentmouse

Bell,  most of  my life ive suffered from cramps in my leg  because of an injury when i was about 11.  My leg begins to ache anytime i walk or stand for a long time and wont stop unless i sit or lie down for an hour or so.

since developing my energy body  the amount of times i get these cramps has reduced dramatically,   and when i do get them,  the pain isnt nearly as bad as it used to be.   I cant thank Robert enough for this.   :D

also,  if everyone  practised NEW,  and modern science  studied the energy body,  wed be that extra little bit more intouch  and aware of ourselfs.

I think, the more people know about NEW the better,  as it is a completely new (pun unintended)   area of knowledge for man to discover and understand.

ralphm

I also have felt that NEW is hard to do for long-it creates a strange tension that keeps me from doing it for more than just a few minutes.I think it is very helpful though, I just realized that the achiness i felt by 6 pm has gone away even though I still am too active and don't rest enough. Sidenote- the energetic healing chiropracter cleared me a couple weeks ago for being able to move energy from above into my subnavel storage center. I did not tell him what kind of energy work I was doing but want to explore this more the next time I see him.

In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

Lion Kimbro

Why do energy work?

Will this help me project?

I just want to be able to get out regularly. I don't care about being out for a long time. Will this energy work really help in a way that equivellent time spent in additional trance or rope/yoyo work will not?

Tom

Energy work is something you can do now to help your projections later. I've read that it can even help with remembering your projections later if you get your brain to adjust to input from other than the usual senses. You do not need to develop your energy to learn to project. You can go back later if you want to develop energy to improve your projections.

distant bell

I have encounterd a smaler problem with my NEW work- it´s undurable tedious.. It quite frankly boors me to death. This makes it hard to keep it up. Well and that´s just the first problem...

The main problem is that I am a real sceptic(a healthy thing to be  IMOH). How do I know that the work I put into NEW actually has any effect? Yes, I have sensed some strange sensations when doing it- but nothing that could not be explained with imagination, or some other psychological fonomena.

The trance work/meditation at least give the challange and pleasure of ignoring an uncomfortable asana and overcome it. I konw that the meditation and the skill to deliberatly go into trance can be wery usefull- so there is a point in that. At least it releavs stress.

But the NEW system... I do belive in it! I do belive at least 50% of the things Robert Bruce writes about in AD. But the again,
until I have experienced and proved everything myselfe, there is no possibility to really know if its true.

I belive that the the astral plane is wery subjective- even more subjective than the physiacl world. So it might be wery hard to gain Objective knowledge about it- but of course in the personal case of each individual and there experiences , to them it is objective (subjective) true!

Hm.. It was not my intention to to question anybodys belifes.
I just have the problem that doing NEW I sometimes get the anoying thought that it is just.. well,not that real.

But of course I do belive in it- otherwise I wouldn´t try NEW.

So, any good advices to get me across the first threshold of
boordom of doing the exercises of the NEW system,
or at least some spectacular storys about strong experiences with the NEW system that has convinsed you people that it isn´t just a mild form of self infused ilusion/delusion!