News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

NEW and martial arts/ Shaolin qigong

Previous topic - Next topic

kifyre

There is a specific technique called Golden Shield Qigong of which one of the results gained from practicing it is resistance to injury. They train by basically hitting themselves comprehensively all over the body with increasing harder and harder objects and materials. This trains the body to "fire out" energy and automatically protect the body. (As far as I know.) One person who practiced it was in a car accident and at the moment of impact, before he blacked out, he felt an explosion of energy through his body. He was shaken up, slightly injured, but they had to *cut* the car away from around him to get him out. (Secondhand story.) Anyway, don't try this it home, it's fairly dangerous. People were getting injured all the time (my father was doing it), but it obviously worked. He'd have me punch him repeatedly as hard as I could, and I've been taking martial arts for 10 years. :) There big thing was building "a container" of energy in the abodomen... that just sounds like the sub-navel storage center to me. So maybe practice moving energy fast and hard to specific locations, and very, very, very carefully experiment with taking blows to different parts of your body and trying to protect those regions. But I'd personally wait 'til I'd been doing NEW for quite some time before trying anything too extensively. There's also tons of teenagers out there practicing with "energy balls." Maybe you should check that out too. ;)

What was the Discovery Channel show called? I think I've been trying to see that one for years, but I never catch it.

Take care,

Mark

Salubri

Goodday,

The technique you're saying was described in the show I watched also.. Hitting themselves again and again to train their bodies. But, since I'm not really into martial arts more then amateur level, I'm a bit reluctant to train myself this way. It's a hobby for me, but not more than that.

I'll try moving energy hard and fast to locations while sparring. It should work when practiced often. Energy balls havent worked for me yet, cant seem to detect them.. But I need a bit more practice probably. ;)

The show was called Shaolin: Myths and Logic, if I remember correctly.
There were two shows, one about Shaolin itself (Styles, exercises and their temple) and the other about qigong and chi.

Goodluck with finding the show,
Salubri

Tia

I also saw the same program today, I think it was the same, Shaolin Kungfu Myths & Logic?  I would imagine you would really have to be a master of your own Chi to achieve this sort of thing.  To be able to gather and move energy to a certain point in an instant.  And good mind control - I certainly wouldn't be able to think straight if someone was about to break chopsticks on my head!  Imagine training every day just to be able to hit your head against the wall without damaging it, or to have a motorbike ride over your stomache.  I dont get it.  I did note that most people who did the Qi Gong had illness before which the Qi Gong cured.  In another part of the program they were doing a sort of Reiki Qi Gong.  The practitioner was sending his energy through the head of a patient.  They were explaining that when they raise energy they absorb the energy through the top of the head (as apposed to hands and feet?).  

kifyre

quote:
The practitioner was sending his energy through the head of a patient.  They were explaining that when they raise energy they absorb the energy through the top of the head (as apposed to hands and feet?).

I could be *totally* wrong, but I'm guessing that the top of the head is a major energy exchange port with the outside world...and possibly not a safe one to play with using NEW. (as opposed to hands and feet)

Mark

Salubri

Hiya,

I.M.O. the crown center is a energy conduit for universal energy, used when the practitioner uses a reiki similar technique to acces energy other than raise it themselves. NEW raises its energy from the surroundings (and not from some universal spiritual source), and enhances the energy of the practitioner. NEW energy stays and may therefore overstimulate the crown center, creating an imbalance in the chakra system.. But I might be wrong ;)

The people in the show were ill, received reiki and became better.. This treatment proved to them that Reiki is real(people need evidence first) and then started to use it themselves because of that.

Seeya,
Salubri

PS: If they were using some form of Reiki technique, keep in mind that reiki energy never does harm, only good. So it would never hurt raising energy through any area. Would you use NEW, there is no guarantee that it wont hurt or over stimulate any area. Thats probably why NEW suggests that we take the energy from the base upwards through all the pri.centers. Just to be safe.

Tia

quote:

Hiya,

I.M.O. the crown center is a energy conduit for universal energy, used when the practitioner uses a reiki similar technique to acces energy other than raise it themselves. NEW raises its energy from the surroundings (and not from some universal spiritual source...

I am all for playing it safe, I wont be messing with my crown centre.  I would like to know more on these differing energy sources, I thought that it was all "universal energy"?

I had an odd experience the other day, I had to wait for someone, in the car, so I thought I'd raise some energy while waiting.  I put the seat back and started doing NEW, but I was dozy and difted off to sleep for a few minutes.  I woke up startled as I had the feeling that energy had entered through the top of my head (which woke me).  I could have just been imagining it though...

cainam_nazier

I think it is an interesting point.  Since I am also into martial arts I think that it would be kinda cool, for lack of a better term.  The only thing is that the repetative physical actions that are used along with the mental is largly nessisary for almost every one.  You can not grow the body or the mind seperately and expect those kinds of results.  It is largly improbable.  The most basic reasoning for the riggerous physical training is fear.  Fear is the mind killer.  The training helps to remove the fear of injury which alows the mind to help the body perform in those types of extream situations.  In the case of the aformentioned car accident the individual probably did not have time to fully know what was going on, and the body reacted naturally.  But in the case of fighting.  You mind is already ingaged in that train of thought and your emotions will play into your actions.  Fear of some thing happening, getting hit, stabbed, or what ever plays into it.  It can and does prevent the mental and physical body from performing together because the mind can get overwhelmed by the fear, and because of the you would not have the same protection.
Example:  Ask a friend or loved to slap you in the face, just one time.  You will flinch.  Because of fear.  You do this one tiem every day for a year and you will still flinch.  But you do every day 365 times for a year and by the end of that year some one you don't know could probably walk up and full on punch you in the jaw and you wouldn't think twice about it because you have conditioned the responce and the fear is not there.

Does that help?

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com

KenYang

I know that this topic is really old, but with "Energy as a Weapon" coming about I needed to find some examples of reason as to what Qi is used for and also a way to relate the discussion to people who practice NEW (which I know little about) so I could relate to them with me practice Qigong.

Salubri

Goodday!

First I want to say that the new forums look very good, I'm looking forward to reading them. :)

I've been watching a documentary on Shaolin monks on Discovery Channel yesterday, and since then I've been wondering about it. There was a whole show dedicated to chi, qigong as the chinese call their technique.

In the show the shaolin monks talked about how they used their "chi" to harden their bodies so that their bodies could resist sharp points and hard blows. I.e. they wouldnt get hurt when driven over with a scooter, or the spear would break when pushed into their necks. Also they discussed how they would use their "chi" to handout harder blows in their martial arts moves.

I've been practicing Taekwondo on an amateur level for a while now, and I was wondering if we could discuss and experiment on using NEW to gain the effects I discussed above.

The method they use was to collect the "chi" from the whole body (+from their sub-navel center) and gather it at the point of their body they wish to protect, for example their necks or stomachs.

The method they use to deliver harder blows, is to gather their "chi" from their sub-navel center and flow it through their arms into their opponent while striking.

I'm sorry for the length of this message, but imagine the possibilities of developing these effects with NEW! Not only for martial arts, but for example (when trained to become instinctive) could be used to protect oneself against an accident. If for example a car is coming your way, about to run over your leg... You could protect it using this method.

I'm very interested in everyones oppinion, and I'm hoping these experimentations will lead to an ever more improved version of NEW.

Thank you in advance for your comments,
Greetings..
Salubri