News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

NEW system questions.

Previous topic - Next topic

Secretseeress

Hi, Nick,
I've only just started using NEW but I think I can help with a couple of your questions.
I understood that you are not supposed to visualise anything at all and to focus your attention away from your visual faculty as much as possible. Instead you use your sense of touch to become aware of different parts of your body. If you have difficulty feeling your sense of touch try rubbing a piece of smooth satin or similar across the back of one hand. With your eyes closed you can bring your full attention to the sensation without producing any mental image. This focus of attention is your awareness point.

You can focus your attention on any part of your body, say the inside of your eblow joint, and feel with the skin on that part of the body. ( Your skin is your largest and most sensetive sense organ ). Your focus can be as large or small as you want....try being aware of a patch about 2cm square. Next become aware of the 2cm aquare patch just next to that, at the top of your forearm. Then the patch next to that...and so on until you have felt all the way down to your wrist. You will have moved your awareness point without having visualised anything at all.

If you are still having difficulty not visualising, try blindfolding yourself and moving around your home by touch alone. ( No, seriously!)

Asking how something feels to your minds eye is getting into the realms of synesthesia and that really does complicate things, so I think its best to stick to one sense at a time to begin with.

As for sponging...well thats a bit of a mystery to me too but I guess its kinda the opposite of the 'tearing' motion described in NEW.

I'm afraid I haven't got to the bouncing bit yet so I'll have to pass that one on to someone else[;)]

I hope that helps, and I hope to hear how you get on.

Love and Light,
Secretseeress

Tom

Imagine taking a wet sponge and rubbing it on yourself. The water can be warm or cold as you prefer. If imagining doesn't work well at first it is helpful to actually use a sponge to get a feel for it. Sponges are not to my liking. A small washcloth is better for me.

Noxerus

Ash

well if you are getting results then it is working. that said, my experience with new is that it is very easy. don't worry about technique so much. as i understand it, the basic theory is that when you focus your awareness on a part of your body, and then move your awareness, it creates energy flow.

you just focus your awareness, and then move it (ie focus it somewhere else). For example, be aware of the sense of touch at the tip of your first finger. rub or scratch it if that helps. now be aware of your first knuckle on that finger. then move back and forth between the tip and the knuckle, feeling everything in between. it feels like you are "brushing" your awareness back and forth between your finger tip and your knuckle. that's it! the sponging action is similar except that it is deeper and it moves only one way instead of back and forth. i'm not so clear on what sponging feels like myself, but i think the important thing is that you are taking your awareness and moving it up, pulling energy with it. sometimes i use it as if my fingers were hollow and i am sucking up energy through my fingers as if they were straws. i seem to get strong results that way, so it works for me.

ash

x_wolf19

ok with the brush technique.  I seem to be actually feeling like my consciessness is moving...IE my minds eye or perception of it feels like it is oving back and forth.  Is this what is supposed to bge felt?  

I have a good success rate with most of this stuff that is talked about on this board, I think im just more adept at learning it then I think, and that makes me think that its not working as much as I think it should?  does that make sense?  

thanks, god bless!

Tom

NEW is supposed to get results quickly and easily for most people. It tends to be more powerful and easier to use than purely visual visualization techniques in books and on the web. It sounds like you are doing well with both mobile body awareness and tactile imaging. It also sounds like you are raising energy correctly with both techniques. The best thing to do would be to continue with more of the same.

x_wolf19

ok cool.  The only problem (if its even related) is that my right inner thigh has been hurting, and I can't remember if its related to (cause if it hurt after I started this) NEW energy development or not. Maybe?

thanks!

Tom

If there is a previously existing condition energy work in general can make things initially worse. The good news is that these things tend to heal faster as a result of continued energy work and it is better than letting them stick around not completely healed.

x_wolf19

well thats why it was so strange, is cause it just sorta showed up...outta the blue :-)

Tom

It is possible to get all sorts of temporary injuries. Burns, red marks, bruises, and so on. They appear quickly and do not last long. If you can get a photograph of something like that you might want to hold on to it to consider later on.

x_wolf19

tom you seem very knowledgable.  I really appreciate your knowledgable posts.  Thank you :-)  now only if I could get LD or OBE to work for me :-)

Tom

That's something I'm still working on, too, after many years. Even the exercises to loosen the energy body before projection exercises don't seem to work for me. Maybe I am taking them too literally.

You can start by recording your dreams when you wake up. It helps to give you practice for later recalling projection experiences. Even lucid dreams are easy to forget having had.

x_wolf19

Good day to you all.  I just have a few quick questions on the NEW system that I don't feel were well explained enough for me.

first-Are you supposed to visualize your awareness in different parts of your body?

What does it mean by move your awareness point?

What does moving your awareness point feel like to your minds eye?

I ask these in reserve because I can get energy to flow in my hands and feet no problem (tingling, heavy, cold) within about 5 minutes or so, but I'm not so sure if I am doin things correctly and would really like an explanation on what is meant to move your awareness point (MBA).  

The Sponging energy raising......what is meant by this?  visualize a sponging motion brigning energy up?  feel?  I don't understand it cause it doesn't seem to be explained very well.....

last thing:  the "bounce" action....Energy Bounce techniques...I dont understand this all that well either :-)

thanks in advance, hope someone can help me, and I look forward to replies.  

THANKS!!
Nick