News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

NEW + Yoga = ?

Previous topic - Next topic

laiana

1.  Does it make sense to do energy raising before a Yoga class?  Would Yoga help when doing NEW?

I have been working on my secondary circuit for a little while now, and sometimes I feel progress, and sometimes I feel frustration at the lack of it.

I KNOW that slow and steady practise will get things working together.  I also do Yoga twice a week.

Now I'm not 100% sure on whats coming from where.  Does NEW interfere in anyway with ones emotions?

I know that in a Yoga class, one can release pent up or hidden emotions that have not yet come to the surface.

I feel like I'm on a constant emotional rollercoaster, and I am not sure whether its a combination of these two things or one or the other.  I have a feeling I have to ride it out and it will soon sort itself out but in the meantime its a little frustrating.

When I feel these emotions (depression) its not at the forefront, more like somewhere hiding inside but I can sense its there.  I will wake up and feel not quite depressed but not exactly happy.  Throughout the day I'll go up and down, happy and indifferent, but again, these emotions are all inside, somewhat out of reach if that makes ANY sense at all.

Should I just continue on, keep up my energy work, Yoga, and meditation (I have also started practising quietening my mind, boy its HARD!) and it should settle down??

Sorry if these are incoherant ramblings.... I'm not quite sure where I am right now!

Tyciol

It says that NEW helps with Yoga, so yes, keep it up. I'm confused as to why the secondary circuits would bring up emotions, as I had thought it was the primary circuit which contained the chakras that advanced Yogi meditations deal with.

Has anyone read Kundalini Yoga?

laiana

Quote from: TyciolI'm confused as to why the secondary circuits would bring up emotions, as I had thought it was the primary circuit which contained the chakras that advanced Yogi meditations deal with.

Yes me too, which is why I am wondering if perhaps its the Yoga that's doing it?   :?

I just don't understand why I feel like cr@p (mentally).

Tombo

Quote from: laiana1.  Does it make sense to do energy raising before a Yoga class?  Would Yoga help when doing NEW?

I have been working on my secondary circuit for a little while now, and sometimes I feel progress, and sometimes I feel frustration at the lack of it.

I KNOW that slow and steady practise will get things working together.  I also do Yoga twice a week.

Now I'm not 100% sure on whats coming from where.  Does NEW interfere in anyway with ones emotions?

I know that in a Yoga class, one can release pent up or hidden emotions that have not yet come to the surface.

I feel like I'm on a constant emotional rollercoaster, and I am not sure whether its a combination of these two things or one or the other.  I have a feeling I have to ride it out and it will soon sort itself out but in the meantime its a little frustrating.

When I feel these emotions (depression) its not at the forefront, more like somewhere hiding inside but I can sense its there.  I will wake up and feel not quite depressed but not exactly happy.  Throughout the day I'll go up and down, happy and indifferent, but again, these emotions are all inside, somewhat out of reach if that makes ANY sense at all.

Should I just continue on, keep up my energy work, Yoga, and meditation (I have also started practising quietening my mind, boy its HARD!) and it should settle down??

Sorry if these are incoherant ramblings.... I'm not quite sure where I am right now!

Hello Laiana

I'm really not a expert on this but I believe there is a fairly good chance that your mood swings are caused by your meditation. This is called mental puking and it is actually a pretty well known phenomenon. I myself experience this from time to time. The theorie behind it is the following: When you calm your mind things that you stored anyway in your subconscious get the chance to raise to your conscious again. This is considered to be a good thing, cause they now can "burn away". Just observe it and it will pass. One way to actually determine if your meditation is really the cause is to stop doing it for a few days and see if the mood swings calm down.
Cheers Tom
" In order to arrive at a place you do not know you must go by a way you do not know "

-St John of the Cross

pod_3

Self/God-realization is the goal of yoga. Every form of yoga can make energy flow more powerfully until your ego dies to the god of forces. The very word "yoga" illustrates this, but you might take that up with your guru.
Delete this, Major Tom. I will not have any more of my posts removed due to their rebuttal of admittedly anti-Semitic Illuminatists, who have have been referred to with quotes and specific bibliographical information.

James S

Hi laiana,

Not having any practical experience with Yoga, I can't really answer question about what order to do things in, other than to say that NEW is based on the energy body element of Yoga, specifically Kundalini Yoga.

As to the emotional aspect, that is something I can give you a bit of info on.

Yoga and NEW are both practices designed to produce within a person a spiritual awakening, and set them firmly on a spiritual path - self/god realisation as Pod_3 correctly said.

When a person starts along a spiritual path, they are more or less forced to confront issues within themselves, emotional issues which have deep ties with this energy body. These emotional issues, patterns & habits brought about by upbringing, social conditioning, etc,  need to be cleared away to allow the body to become a more pure conduit for the energies to flow through, and manifest in this physical world.

As we progress in any "spiritual path" type practice, be it Yoga, NEW, Reiki & other healing arts, Tarot/mediumship, more and more emotional issues will be brought to the surface, as they are removed from blocking those energy pathways. The only trouble here is we are not always able to reconize what the emotions are when they surface. We might feel sad, distraught, angry, fearful, often with out knowing why.

If you are able to yourself, as Tombo said, observe these emotions, see if you can undestand what they are and where they came from, then work on releasing yourself from them.  If you're still unsure, speak to your Yoga teacher about them. Your teacher will be very understanding of this, and very well equipped to help you work through these emotional issues. Once you are free of these emotional blockages, you will start to feel like the light has suddenly been switched on, and you will feel yourself taking big steps forward.

All the best,
James.

Tyciol

I'd say it would be more from the Yoga than the NEW, unless you were using NEW (perhaps unconsciously) to deal with the primary circuit.

From what I've read in Yoga books, certain poses are supposed to open certain chakras. Perhaps you could say the exact ones you were using?

You know, in response to James S here, I read over and over, throughout and throughout the new age movement that these exercises bring a lot of 'blockages' or bad emotions to the surface. Entirely understandable, it makes sense, since we do lock a lot of feelings away, we are raised not to show anything and stuff.

But, to provide an alternative theory, a non-spiritual one (since I love to push evil standard practises): perhaps the exercises themselves are causing the emotional breakdowns (and throughs). After all, by taking a path like this rather than regular psychological treatment, one might be preventing proper treatment. By taking this path, one feels again set apart from everyone, even those experiences similar problems.

This is likely what draws a lot of new-agers together, even if some views may differ, because they feel a kinship they can't feel from people who don't have very spiritually active lives. I personally guard against this, as a I feel it could be too widely abused, as it has with many spiritual and religious massacres.

The practises also may illicit such dramatic emotional responses because the body (or mind, more likely) is not accustomed to thinking in such alien ways and terms. It may be a way of accustoming to it, from the introduction of a new way of life, along with the aforementioned separation of living with the old one.