NEW-Where is TOP of the thumb joint ? Must we circle ... ?

Previous topic - Next topic

kajaLove

hiya

NEW page 12- " Lightly scratch a circual area clockwise on TOP of the thumb joint ... "

By " TOP of the thumb joint " does he mean the side of joint closer to thumbnail or side closer to the hand ?

Also , does he mean we should scratch in a circle so that whole circle is located above the top of thumb joint bone , or that we should actually scratch in a circle ( 1.5 cm in diameter ) around the thumb-joint bone itself ?

thank you

Tyciol

Excellent question, the thumb does have two joints.

Eol007

Hi,

I believe it is the joint nearest the nail. But to be honest it would not matter as the scratching is simply to enable you to get the idea of mobile body awareness in the 1st place.

Whether you scratch the finger tip, or in a circle around a joint, in zig-zigs, up and down is really up to you.

At joints I use in addition to the ideas like, sponging, tearing bread etc.. a rotating fan or propeller. This seems to work very well for me anyhow!

Moving forward from this: during the Dec workshop Robert Bruce presented the idea that a fishing net could be employed to help clear energy blockages through any part or all of the body!

So don't feel constrained or afraid not to use your imagination with NEW guys! You should consider yourselves pioneers with this sort of stuff ... it is still early days in the greater scheme of things!  

Best,

Stephen

PennywiseTheClown

It's the joint where the thumb joins the hand. "Top" means the side of the back of the hand (not the side of the palm). In Astral Dynamics it's explained well, there's even an illustration.
We all float down here ... and if you're down here with me ... YOU'LL FLOAT TOO!!!

kajaLove

no,no,no...I should be more specific.I know it's the joint that connects a thumb with the hand.I also know it's the side of the back of the hand!
But I don't know  if we must circle around the joint bone or should whole circle be located above(on top) of joint bone,and what exactly do we mean by "on top of joint bone"

sashamasha

where I think it means: make a loose fist. turn your hand so your thumb is on top.  imagine placing a coin flat on the joint of your thumb where your hand is joined.  trace a circle along the edge of the coin.  thats the cirle.  

I am actually really confused about the tearing thing.  I don't understand that at all... what am I tearing?  What is supposed to feel torn?  Yuck, I don't even LIKE the idea.

Maybe I can substitiute the idea of ripping off not-too-sticky masking tape or something.