News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Opening chakras?

Previous topic - Next topic

IsayWhaat

Hello,

so I'm trying to open my chakras as I feel quite disturbed and stressed. For some reason I lost the confidence I had and it's influencing my personal life. Now, I'm not gonna go talk about that, I wish to know, how does one open his chakras? I've searched forum and internet of course, but I found nothing that made go "oh, so that's it". Meditation is, as some would say, an obvious answer, but how does one do it? Like, how am I supposed to even know is my chakra closed or not?

I've read that special way of holding hands, or some items can help you open chakras, but will they really? I don't understand it and believing in it is also quite hard. If I do something without confidence it will change, what are the odds it really will? It's probably because I'm lacking experience and knowledge on this topic and I'm surprised there isn't some form of "guide" to help you get started. So, how do you guys meditate and open chakras or how did you do it? How do you even know when you opened them? How did you start at the first place?

For meditation itself, how do you do it? Do you go outside or stay inside, do you sit on floor or something soft, do you listen to some sounds/music or not, do you think about things or do you clear your mind?

Xanth

Quote from: IsayWhaat on July 02, 2015, 17:52:16
Hello,

so I'm trying to open my chakras as I feel quite disturbed and stressed.
What made you think that this disturbed and stressed feeling you're having is the result of inactive chakras?

QuoteLike, how am I supposed to even know is my chakra closed or not?
Now THAT is probably the more important question for you to ask...

If you don't "feel" quite right, then honestly ask yourself (a lot of people really enjoy lying to themselves) what is wrong. 
You don't need to worry about your chakras.  You already know what's wrong... you just have to admit it to yourself first.

IsayWhaat

Quote from: Xanth on July 02, 2015, 21:37:21

What made you think that this disturbed and stressed feeling you're having is the result of inactive chakras?

Because I'm missing something and I can't find it. I've been like this for few weeks now and I have no idea how to find it. It's the feeling inside that I'm missing so, I figured I might give it a try with chakras.

Quote from: Xanth on July 02, 2015, 21:37:21
Now THAT is probably the more important question for you to ask...

If you don't "feel" quite right, then honestly ask yourself (a lot of people really enjoy lying to themselves) what is wrong. 
You don't need to worry about your chakras.  You already know what's wrong... you just have to admit it to yourself first.

This is wrong. Whenever I go and do something, let's take example, write an exam. I have this feeling of confidence I can pass the exam with or without studying (depending on subject). It can happen that even tho I studied I feel insecure, but I still have that something that get's me through. Like I count on myself. And that feeling is gone. Literally, I cannot seem to find it. I have failed last 5 exams (with studying) because everytime I would write them, I get this awful sensation I can't do it. Now, I'm a straight A student, been for years (so having knowledge isn't a problem or studying) and this has never happened before. I went outside today simply riding a bike. I couldn't let my wheel how insecure I felt. Who can't ride a bike without hands? I can even eat while riding a bike. But for some damn reason I couldn't today. I just coudln't and I have no idea why is this happening. I enjoy playing games and go pretty competitive. I have lost 12 matches today, because no matter what I did in game, I lost. Because I have this ugly feeling I can't do it. And I keep positive thinking and even watched motivational speeches on youtube, like maybe it's that, but it's not. I feel perfectly fine (not depressive or scared or similar feelings), except this feeling in my chest that I'm missing something. I need it back and I need it fast. How do I find it? I cannot describe with words how empty it feels. I'm missing something, something very important to me. I figured, if it's inside me, maybe I can solve it with meditation and opening chakras. Maybe, just maybe it's about that.

Xanth

Your missing your confidence. 

Confidence begins with Intent. 
Champions don't go into a game feeling insecure about their game. 
They go into it KNOWING they're going to win.  That's what separates a champion from everyone else.

You can watch all the motivational speeches you want and think as positively as you want... but unless you KNOW it, it's wasted time.
There's a difference in ACTING strong and BEING strong.

As I said... ask within for the 'why'.  Nobody here is going to be able to solve this for you... and it's CERTAINLY nothing to do with magical, mystical chakras.  YOU are the author of your own life, YOU need to figure out why you've written your confidence out of it.

IsayWhaat

Quote from: Xanth on July 03, 2015, 00:02:09
Your missing your confidence. 

Confidence begins with Intent. 
Champions don't go into a game feeling insecure about their game. 
They go into it KNOWING they're going to win.  That's what separates a champion from everyone else.

You can watch all the motivational speeches you want and think as positively as you want... but unless you KNOW it, it's wasted time.
There's a difference in ACTING strong and BEING strong.

As I said... ask within for the 'why'.  Nobody here is going to be able to solve this for you... and it's CERTAINLY nothing to do with magical, mystical chakras.  YOU are the author of your own life, YOU need to figure out why you've written your confidence out of it.

And how do I ask within for the why?

Szaxx

This is self doubt manifesting into the physical. It's second to fear in the NP and it stops everything being successful where you apply it.
A different mindset is required, one where you are already successful and have a few things to tidy up to become better at things.

For example,
Don't look at the dirt on the mirror and accept the distortion of the image as real.
See the dirt and KNOW the image is there, all it requires is cleaning.
I hope you can understand the difference.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Bluefirephoenix

Xanth and Szaxx have very valid points, you need to think about what they've said. 

Your missing the symbolism behind the chakras. They represent Hindue dieties as they present in the aspects of life. The responses that Xanth and Szaxx pointed out are things that might need to be changed in order to make these symbols that you want to use respond. They don't respond to sitting down and forcing energy through them to open them. It doesn't work that way......They respond to belief ( you have to believe they exist.. if you don't they do not exist) not what you want to believe and your spirit responds to your attitude and emotions and interactions with other people.

You have the ability that you need to find to discover your own answers to these problems. You need to focus deeper than your body ask the question then quietly wait for the response. The response is not in words usually spirit is instant communciation. The response may also be presented as a symbol or synchronicity that you run into during your daily life. Some people find it helpful to use communication tools for this. ITC ( ghost box, radios, videos ), communication boards, dowsing, and cartomancy sometimes can provide a structure which helps you interact with the subtle parts of your mind and spirit.

THe most common application is ghost hunting but I found that contacting spirits or ... my inner self this way to be helpful.

dpk38

Hi.
You don't open a chakra. You balance it.
Each chakra in our system can be related to an aspect of our lives. When you have control over that aspect, they will remain balanced. (aspect isn't the right word)
Let me give you an example: The root chakra deals with survival and grounding.  It stands for our inherited beliefs through our formative years - self-preservation, personal survival and our identification with the physical world etc. This chakra is usually blocked due to excessive fear within you. Letting go of fear will help stabilise this chakra.

I insist that you watch this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02FkMr21xOA It explains in detail regarding every aspect related to each chakra and what to do to get it right.
Now forget about the chakras and just do what was taught in the video regularly. This will automatically help you. You no longer need to be concerned about the chakras. Just follow the new way of living!
The answer to all questions is earnest self enquiry, "Who am I?"

Xanth

Quote from: IsayWhaat on July 03, 2015, 01:00:43
And how do I ask within for the why?
You sit quietly and ask.  Then wait for a response.  Simple, isn't it?  

The trick is interpreting how the response comes to you.  It *usually* won't be anything verbal.  
It could be a feeling... a sensation... a memory... could be something visual.

I did this to find my spirit animal.  I sat quietly for a little bit, then I asked in my mind, "what is my spirit animal"... then I saw an eagle flying in front of my closed eyes as real as if someone was standing there.

It was then that I realized that "talking to your spirit guide" was as easy as closing your eyes, sitting quietly and asking.  

In response to chakras... here is my perspective on them.
They're not objective "things" attached to your physical body.  They're metaphors. 
As dpk said, each chakra is in relation to something specific... to "open" a chakra means to come into balance with that aspect of yourself. 

Are you shy talking to people?  Then you have a throat chakra that is metaphorically more closed than someone who is open with others. 
It's all metaphors... there's nothing objective here. 

Everything you experience in this reality (or any reality really) has to do with Belief and Intent... just in different amounts of those two things. 

Xanth

Quote from: dpk38 on July 04, 2015, 13:57:17
I insist that you watch this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02FkMr21xOA It explains in detail regarding every aspect related to each chakra and what to do to get it right.
Now forget about the chakras and just do what was taught in the video regularly. This will automatically help you. You no longer need to be concerned about the chakras. Just follow the new way of living!
Loved that show!  :)
I remember watching that exact part and thinking how perfect it was at explaining this stuff.
As long as you remember they're just metaphors, it won't further bog you down.  Some people take this stuff to the extreme and their belief then holds them back.

For most of us, it's going to take a lot longer than 10 minutes though to get rid of our beliefs which hold us back. hehe

IsayWhaat

Quote from: Szaxx on July 04, 2015, 04:40:15
This is self doubt manifesting into the physical. It's second to fear in the NP and it stops everything being successful where you apply it.
A different mindset is required, one where you are already successful and have a few things to tidy up to become better at things.

For example,
Don't look at the dirt on the mirror and accept the distortion of the image as real.
See the dirt and KNOW the image is there, all it requires is cleaning.
I hope you can understand the difference.

Well, I'll go with your example. I already know it's there, somewhere, because I felt it plenty times. And literally, suddenly, I woke up and felt unease. Ever since that day I feel this gap inside chest. Right now, I feel like I'm unconsciously searching for it, I'm moving the boxes within me to find it and can't. The feeling I get everytime is like I open an empty box. And every failure of search I encounter gets this unsatisfied feeling in my chest (almost as soundwave of heat dispatches - hard to explain feeling, but I tried, don't judge ^.^).

Quote from: dpk38 on July 04, 2015, 13:57:17
Hi.
You don't open a chakra. You balance it.
Each chakra in our system can be related to an aspect of our lives. When you have control over that aspect, they will remain balanced. (aspect isn't the right word)
Let me give you an example: The root chakra deals with survival and grounding.  It stands for our inherited beliefs through our formative years - self-preservation, personal survival and our identification with the physical world etc. This chakra is usually blocked due to excessive fear within you. Letting go of fear will help stabilise this chakra.

I watch anime :) I've seen this few years back. Good quality anime can really change your life point and a lot of them did change me, well my viewpoints. It made a whole lot of difference for me. You know it's good when you wake up one day (after years of feeling like sh*t) and you're ready to fight back. That awakening some people go through with meditation or belief for me happened with anime. Weird but, was hella good. Unfortunately, haven't seen good anime in a long time.

IsayWhaat

Quote from: Xanth on July 04, 2015, 15:54:40
You sit quietly and ask.  Then wait for a response.  Simple, isn't it?  

The trick is interpreting how the response comes to you.  It *usually* won't be anything verbal.  
It could be a feeling... a sensation... a memory... could be something visual.

I did this to find my spirit animal.  I sat quietly for a little bit, then I asked in my mind, "what is my spirit animal"... then I saw an eagle flying in front of my closed eyes as real as if someone was standing there.

It was then that I realized that "talking to your spirit guide" was as easy as closing your eyes, sitting quietly and asking.  

In response to chakras... here is my perspective on them.
They're not objective "things" attached to your physical body.  They're metaphors.  
As dpk said, each chakra is in relation to something specific... to "open" a chakra means to come into balance with that aspect of yourself.  

Are you shy talking to people?  Then you have a throat chakra that is metaphorically more closed than someone who is open with others.  
It's all metaphors... there's nothing objective here.  

Everything you experience in this reality (or any reality really) has to do with Belief and Intent... just in different amounts of those two things.  

I will try that. I know I might fail first time and that I won't get results immeditealy. And I feel like I'm currently being one of those whiny people that always go around whining and screaming "I can't do it". Every I advice I got I'm trying to apply, but it sorta isn't working. Unfortunately, can't stop this feeling. I can't even ignore it. Can't stop thinking about it, I have no control of it. All I do is feel the consequences and they are manifesting in things I do daily. I feel like sh*t and I don't wanna feel like that. I don't wanna be one of those people, but I just can't shake it off. People usually become desperate after feeling like this, but I'm getting angrier. Why can't I do it? What is wrong? Yeah, I will do it Xanth. What you suggested. Gonna do that and get rid of this.. whatever it is.

Also Xanth, you keep talking about that Belief. What are you talking about exactly?

EDIT:
This is why it feels right to ask questions on the outside, like I'm doing on this forum. As I write it down, I'm putting it in order in my head and your replies keep surprising me. It so obvious, yet I'm blinded and didn't figure it on my own. Well, I actually started writing how I hate the verb can't, but I kept using it. Then I re-read what I wrote and each time I was responding I wrote I will try so I changed last few sentences.

Xanth

Quote from: IsayWhaat on July 07, 2015, 00:00:40
I will try that. I know I might fail first time and that I won't get results immeditealy. And I feel like I'm currently being one of those whiny people that always go around whining and screaming "I can't do it". Every I advice I got I'm trying to apply, but it sorta isn't working. Unfortunately, can't stop this feeling. I can't even ignore it. Can't stop thinking about it, I have no control of it. All I do is feel the consequences and they are manifesting in things I do daily. I feel like sh*t and I don't wanna feel like that. I don't wanna be one of those people, but I just can't shake it off. People usually become desperate after feeling like this, but I'm getting angrier. Why can't I do it? What is wrong? Yeah, I will do it Xanth. What you suggested. Gonna do that and get rid of this.. whatever it is.
Stop fighting against yourself. 

QuoteAlso Xanth, you keep talking about that Belief. What are you talking about exactly?
There are two kinds of beliefs... conscious beliefs and subconscious beliefs.

A conscious belief is one that you actively know about.  It's something like believing in a specific god/religion.  You are consciously aware of it.  Being consciously aware of, it's much easier to effect change upon it, which then alters your perspective.

A subconscious belief is one that you DON NOT know about.  Even though you don't know about it, it still has a profound impact upon your life.  For example, one subconscious belief that most humans have is the belief that you're a spirit INSIDE a physical body.  That somehow the "you" (spirit, soul, etc...) is this thing that resides inside this meat-suit of ours.  This belief has a profound impact on our lives because it shapes HOW we experience, especially non-physically.  The entire term "OBE" is based around this belief.  Methods such as "rolling out of your body" is based entirely around this particular belief.

That's what I mean when I talk about beliefs.  :)

QuoteEDIT:
This is why it feels right to ask questions on the outside, like I'm doing on this forum. As I write it down, I'm putting it in order in my head and your replies keep surprising me. It so obvious, yet I'm blinded and didn't figure it on my own. Well, I actually started writing how I hate the verb can't, but I kept using it. Then I re-read what I wrote and each time I was responding I wrote I will try so I changed last few sentences.
Here is an article I wrote for my website which I think works well here:  http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2010/12/29/how-i-came-to-my-beliefs/

:)

Lumaza

Isaywhaat, what is it exactly that you feel you are missing? It seems like you are searching for something. If it's confidence, then do something that strengthens your confidence. You say you are disturbed and stressed. But what is making you this way. Life in general? Opening your chakras doesn't necessarily magically make all the problems of life go away. Confronting them is the way to build confidence.

I have read all your posts in this thread here and it seems like you are talking in riddles. Why do you think it has to do with your Chakras? Did you read that in a book or something?

You need to make a list of things that you feel aren't going right. Then make another list of ways to right those problems. Persue your goals on the second list to achieve them. That builds confidence and will show you happiness again.

A friend of ours recently gave us a Cookie Jar that she engraved with the word "Blessings". Whenever something good happens in our life or we are thankful for something, we write a little note and put it into Cookie Jar. It may be a small "gesture", but every bit helps in life.  :wink:

Life can be challenging at times. But it's those challenges that help us mature and make us stronger. It's where the real lessons in life reveal themselves to us.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Xanth

Quote from: Lumaza on July 07, 2015, 04:56:48
Opening your chakras doesn't necessarily magically make all the problems of life go away. Confronting them is the way to build confidence.
Likewise, confronting them is the objective path to metaphorically to opening them.  :)

IsayWhaat

Lumaza, if I knew what the problem is I would've already solved it myself, at least I would know what I have to do. Unfortunately, I'm looking at the problem I have and I can't see a whole picture. I only have these aftereffects that are manifesting in things I do and this ugly feeling I'm missing something. I understand there are ways to build your confidence, but one does not lose his confidence in a single morning. It doesn't work that way. Or does it?

There are things you can do to build your confidence sounds as if I never had one. I'm not even sure is it confidence what I'm searching for, I'm really not. It was all fine just normal daily routines, going to college, writing exams like I always do. Little bit of tension before you get exam when your nerves are working, but everyone has it, I always had it, it's a normal thing. Few days after it, I have another exam. Again, studied for it, did everything as always and that morning I get this awful feeling I can't do it. First I thought it were my nerves, but I couldn't shake it off. I came to exam hall and I just knew I would fail. It was one of those strong feelings you get time from time and you just know what will happen. You know that feeling, it pops out sometimes, like a presentiment (it is really useful and I rely a lot on it, because it never fails me in way it is never false, it can be good or bad, but it's never wrong). Anyway, ever since that morning and that exam I feel like I'm missing something. I feel insecure, I already wrote I tried riding a bike without hands and was surprised when I couldn't let go of the wheel. There were 2 more exams after it, all same failed. I feel like I can't do anything without this.

Went for a walk this morning next to a river. It's really nasty river, really fast and you can't swim as drifts are very strong. Tried walking on stones next to, my legs were giving up on me. I was just standing on one huge stone and my legs had fear of their own. I entered a boat next and just stood inside. Started shaking. It's not my first time doing those things, I'm not doing anything knew or unknown. But there I had it. I wasn't scared because I did it so many times, yet my legs made me wanna jump out and start running the hell away.

I know chakras are metaphors, but they are in close relation with meditation and I figured if I  seek the cause of this problem I should start with myself right? So I asked about meditation and added chakras alongside.

Xanth

Quote from: IsayWhaat on July 07, 2015, 12:42:25
Lumaza, if I knew what the problem is I would've already solved it myself, at least I would know what I have to do. Unfortunately, I'm looking at the problem I have and I can't see a whole picture. I only have these aftereffects that are manifesting in things I do and this ugly feeling I'm missing something. I understand there are ways to build your confidence, but one does not lose his confidence in a single morning. It doesn't work that way. Or does it?
That's (usually) a cop out... that's like me saying I don't know why I'm overweight.  I know damn well why I'm overweight, I just need to admit it to myself in order to begin making things better (which I am doing now btw ;)).  You can pretend to us all you want, but you most likely do know exactly what's wrong, you're just afraid to admit it to yourself.  You won't improve things until you do this.

QuoteThere are things you can do to build your confidence sounds as if I never had one. I'm not even sure is it confidence what I'm searching for, I'm really not. It was all fine just normal daily routines, going to college, writing exams like I always do. Little bit of tension before you get exam when your nerves are working, but everyone has it, I always had it, it's a normal thing. Few days after it, I have another exam. Again, studied for it, did everything as always and that morning I get this awful feeling I can't do it. First I thought it were my nerves, but I couldn't shake it off. I came to exam hall and I just knew I would fail. It was one of those strong feelings you get time from time and you just know what will happen. You know that feeling, it pops out sometimes, like a presentiment (it is really useful and I rely a lot on it, because it never fails me in way it is never false, it can be good or bad, but it's never wrong). Anyway, ever since that morning and that exam I feel like I'm missing something. I feel insecure, I already wrote I tried riding a bike without hands and was surprised when I couldn't let go of the wheel. There were 2 more exams after it, all same failed. I feel like I can't do anything without this.
If you want something to help build your confidence, try a Martial Art.  Physical *AND* Spiritual strength building is what you'll gain.

Lumaza

Quote from: Xanth on July 07, 2015, 17:24:56
  You can pretend to us all you want, but you most likely do know exactly what's wrong, you're just afraid to admit it to yourself.  You won't improve things until you do this.

"Tough Love", but it's true.

Time to make a checklist.
Physical
Mental
Emotional
Spiritual
What's lacking and how to "right the ship"?
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

IsayWhaat

Quote from: Lumaza on July 07, 2015, 20:19:42
"Tough Love", but it's true.

Time to make a checklist.
Physical
Mental
Emotional
Spiritual
What's lacking and how to "right the ship"?

And how do I "upgrade" each of those things? For physical I have pretty clear idea what it's all about, but for others not really.

Lumaza

Quote from: IsayWhaat on July 08, 2015, 14:33:05
And how do I "upgrade" each of those things? For physical I have pretty clear idea what it's all about, but for others not really.
I never said "upgrade". I said "right the ship", which means fix or restore to normal what seems to be broken.

I would say a good start to working on the Emotional and Spiritual aspects would come through deep meditation. Talk to yourself and listen for your answers. You could also involve Clergy for the Spiritual aspects.

The Mental would come through a evaluation or aid of a professional, such as a Psychiatrist or Psychoanalyst. They could help you find the root of the problem.

Balance is what you are striving for. A Balanced life is a "contented" life!   

IsayWhaat

Quote from: Lumaza on July 08, 2015, 19:41:49
I never said "upgrade". I said "right the ship", which means fix or restore to normal what seems to be broken.

I would say a good start to working on the Emotional and Spiritual aspects would come through deep meditation. Talk to yourself and listen for your answers. You could also involve Clergy for the Spiritual aspects.

The Mental would come through a evaluation or aid of a professional, such as a Psychiatrist or Psychoanalyst. They could help you find the root of the problem.

Balance is what you are striving for. A Balanced life is a "contented" life!  

So it took 4 days to conclude something is "off balance" and that meditaion is a way to go. Isn't opening chakras a metaphor for balancing yourself physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually? There was no need for me to write things I did.

Anyway, so back to the start and original post. Can I have the questions answered now?

"For meditation itself, how do you do it? Do you go outside or stay inside, do you sit on floor or something soft, do you listen to some sounds/music or not, do you think about things or do you clear your mind?"

Szaxx

Get comfy and switch off all worldly thoughts.
You may find repeating a mantra in your mind helps stop it from skitting around with random thoughts that are distracting.
The idea is to be aware of being yourself in a totally peaceful state of mind without all the pressures of life bugging you.
Closed eyes help greatly and a darkened room that's quiet is a good starting point.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.