Opening up Throat Chakra by learning new languages?

Previous topic - Next topic

Kodemaster

Without going into details, I have a lot of physical and mental health problems rooted in a long history of trauma. It has been suggested in more than one place that the type of abuse I battled can mess with the thoat chakra (communication). Before I had read those suggestions, I had began learning a new language, which I have been practicing every day for two years now. In fact I had tried practicing it while hooked up to a biofeedback machine and saw my tension go down AND my hand temperature go up. It was a breakthrough; everything else i tried during bio failed to have that degree of effect. I find myself more relaxed and happier when practicing my new language.

What are your thoughts on this? Have you tried language-learning as a coping skill? Has it helped? And might it be related to an energy block in the throat chakra? Maybe we can brainstorm here.
JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!

Nameless

Interesting. I remember once reading that learning different languages allow you to think in different ways.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

EscapeVelocity

My knowledge on chakras is limited, but have you made an attempt to determine how active your throat chakra may or may not be? A simple pendulum can show the activity level of each chakra. It's a pretty straight-forward process.

The points made by both of you on language are quite intriguing. I took four years of Spanish in school and was just getting to the point of "thinking" in the language- that was an interesting point of achievement.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Kodemaster

Thank you both. I have not tried the pendulum. Maybe I will make or buy one. Does it require special materials for this technique?
I measure mine more in my ability to communicate and set boundaries, which HAS improved over time in my healing journey. :)
JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!

EscapeVelocity

I am by no means an expert on pendulums, as well. I think you can buy one, as I did, obviously better if you make one yourself. I guess it depends on just how absolutely pure you feel it needs to be.

Choose an object you can attach to a string, 12-18 inches in length; an object that is maybe 1/4 to half ounce, 8 to 15 grams...it doesn't have to be exact. Even a necklace might work, given you understand the energy it may already have within it, the influence, as it were.

The time I was introduced to it was at a Monroe Institute course, where three friends suggested trying it on each other. It requires another person to suspend the pendulum over each of your chakras, as you lay on the floor or bed. Having never tried it myself, I was particularly amazed at the results. As one woman let the pendulum suspend motionlessly over each of my chakras, it started off slowly in a circular fashion, the faster rotation indicating level of activity. All of my chakras showed strong activity except one which was quite noticeable due to its different movement. My heart chakra showed no activity: the pendulum noticeably hesitated and then just moved from side to side, which I realized was...inactivity or hesitancy or some form of blockage.

Having already scheduled a visit the next day with the TMI energetic healer, I didn't mention the pendulum finding from the day before. She "read" my aura and definitively noted that my heart chakra was blocked by a "protector" And she went on to remove it...which essentially required me to authorize its removal/departure...

I get the sense that many of us have similar blockages...it's likely just a common part of Life.

Any other questions, please ask. Hope this helps.
EV
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde