premature awakeing via psilocybin overdose

Previous topic - Next topic

rain_88

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask for your help on one of my friend's behalf. Years ago he overdosed himself with psilocybin which resulted in a premature awakening. He has been battling with some 'demons' and very strong emotions ever since then. He can't really put it into words but it feels like as if they're coming through a crashed in gate and try to pull him under if he stops keeping himself busy, even for a half an hour. Meanwhile, the initial bliss that accompanied the awakening experience diminished, leaving behind nothing but their disturbing counterparts.

Now we are looking for resources that would ease the symptoms or help coping with them. I'm very aware of the fact that any given thing works differently for different people and you should use your own discretion and judgement when it comes to experimenting with anything. But I would really appreciate if anyone could help me find books, articles, websites or any piece of information that deal with the treatment of premature awakening, especially when it is caused by hallucinogens.

All the best,
alex
I am sorry, I am so, for the things you don't know
And as for the things you do, I am sorry for those too

Szaxx

If he accepted them then challenged them for their interference it may resolve the issue. You shouldn't put up with anything annoying without challenging it from school bullies to a medical condition.
Perhaps a psychologist may be better in helping him personally as a one to one changes your mindset on issues of this type.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Bluefirephoenix

Drug use tends to make you go the opposite direction from awakening. Psilisoben can cause permenent brain damage and the need for life long medications and or institutionalization.
Awakening has to do with becoming aware of the unity you have with all.... including your ex. As a result you become a more loving person.

drugs taken for induce a spiritual experience tend to make you more self absorbed and egotistical.

Big difference between the two

rain_88

Quote from: bungalow on April 25, 2016, 10:55:03
Hi rain_88:

I had a psychotic break on magic mushrooms a decade or so ago. I told people that it was like I never came back to earth, never landed the thing. I've had experiences with demons since then too - it is different to before the mushrooms in that they (the demons) don't call me normal anymore. I just don't get away with calling myself an ordinary human, since the dose. The intellect thus needs an emphasis on !cosmic truth not just ordinary facts in challenging the demons. Demons hear the truth, they just don't think you'll get away with being inept at LOVE. I suggest learning what each demon does and figuring out how to banish 'em. It can be self-taught just takes conscience diligence, tenacity, whatever your friend is already doing when "keeping busy" I gather.

Yes my mushrooms made me an passionate \ ardent \ ~egotistical sorta believer, it was like turning into jesus maybe. all my relationships failed. they say it takes 10 years to get thru a big magic mushroom dose. My ten years is up, and I surprisingly I don't actually regret taking the mushrooms but my life is much different than it could've been I think. I want to say to the friend everything is worth it that is learned from.

Hi bungalow,

thank you for the insights :).
I am sorry, I am so, for the things you don't know
And as for the things you do, I am sorry for those too

no_leaf_clover

Quote from: Bluefirephoenix on April 18, 2016, 07:39:44
Drug use tends to make you go the opposite direction from awakening. Psilisoben can cause permenent brain damage and the need for life long medications and or institutionalization.

Psilocybin is actually non-toxic.  It doesn't cause damage to your body and you have to eat an insane amount to actually overdose on them in a physiological sense.

Psychologically, you can "overdose" easily if you aren't prepared for the trip.  Like I said, these mushrooms are medically non-toxic, they can't hurt you in that way any more than eating shiitake mushrooms, but the guy being talked about in the OP sounds like he has a form of psychosis now.

So I don't personally think the guy is suffering from "premature awakening," I think he's suffering from a form of clinical psychosis and he probably needs to talk to somebody.  Psychologists today are not supposed to just label you a nut and lock you up.  They really try to talk with people and see if how they are living is really what they want, if they think they are seeing the world in a healthy way, and that sort of thing.  Then again some just try to give you pills to basically make you brain dead so maybe some homework is in order.  But I feel sorry for the guy because I know lots of people with some form of psychosis, or predisposition toward it, and it really is a frustrating thing.  It takes somebody who really knows what they're doing to help people like that.

Also I don't want to sound like I'm beating up on the guy because he believes he's seeing demons.  I believe in some "crazy" stuff myself, so that's not the issue for me.  The problem is whether or not this guy is able to live a functional adult life with responsibilities and all of that, just like anybody else.  If this demon stuff is interfering with that, then that's not a healthy way of seeing the world and he needs a tune-up of sorts.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?