News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Qigong & N.E.W

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackBox

I practice Pal Dan Gum every morning also and practice N.E.W. before bed every night.

I wouldn't do N.E.W. while watching T.V.. Part of energy-workouts, in my opinion, is to focus your attention on your body (ie. T.I./M.B.A.), and T.V. by nature pulls much of your concentration away from any such activity.

bluejay

Yes, you are right. But when I have the TV on I usually close my eyes to focus on my energy work. I am most comfortable doing N.E.W eyes closed. Do you have any idea of this denser energy? Or maybe there is just more energy because of Qigong, can this be a possibility?

SuPeR_DeLuXe

Hi,

Maybe you removed some blockages in your energy system and it's moving more freely now. Maybe thats why it feels more thicker.

BlackBox

T.V. also, just by being plugged in, operates under ELF (Extremely low frequencies) which affect everyone near it...not to sound like a conspiracy-theorist, but I'd recommend you do it away from it.

And I'm not sure about your experience, because we are all relatively quite different and as Super_Deluxe has said, perhaps it's just your clearage of some blockages.

bluejay

Listening to music while doing N.E.W should be okay, right? I would assume soothing music will be better than Heavy Metal because of musics ability alter moods? [^]

BlackBox

As long as you aren't using your imagination. For example I used to listen to music and become swept away in my thoughts, or deep into my imagination.

It interferes if you are doing that, but if you are just using music which relaxes you, then I'm sure it's not a big deal.

On the other hand, I would recommend practicing abstinence from all such externalities -- you will benefit to a maximum degree if you practice N.E.W., Qigong, and whatever else of the sort, in silence. Part of this is because what people call "Astral-hearing", which is the "ssssss"-type noise, I believe is important. But more importantly, people seem to need motivation and then become dependent on something, be it music, or T.V., or some blondes walking by your place...etc, etc. I used to listen to music while doing Pal Dan Gum, but I realized it wasn't helping but rather hindering my progress. How much time in a day are you awake? How much time do you put into your energy-work? If it is about 1 hour or less in a day, than it would be a good idea to refrain from other influences which may interfere with your "work".

That's just my opinion from my empirical studies. I only share it with you because Pal-Dan-Gum'ers seem to be a rare commodity :)

GANAMOHA

well lets see it dependson howlong youve been meditating if so for a long time it probably has to do with your dantien getting full so your starting to compress more energy into it so it becomes denser so then you will be able to affect objects more because of its thickness.so it sounds like your doin good[:D] keep it up.and on an another note it really doesnt matter where you meditate as long as it doesnt afect your concentration and awareness
I stand at the threshold of what could be a new world

bluejay

Good points! I always do Qigong in the morning right after getting out of bed in silence. But the thing is that, when I am in complete silence I cannot hear the "sss" sound. I have tinnitus (you constantly hear a beeping noise in your ears), so it's kind of annoying but I'm used to it. Just wish I could hear the beautiful silence :)

BlackBox

I know of people who have cleared their physical-distortions such as tinitis from long-term use of Qigong.

So your wish 'may' come true! It all depends on your level of discipline which arises from your dedication.

bluejay

I will certainly never stop doing Qigong, I will have to try and make N.E.W a daily practice. As well as meditation and hope all goes well [:o)]

Reality

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBox

T.V. also, just by being plugged in, operates under ELF (Extremely low frequencies) which affect everyone near it...

HEY THATS CRAZY! I can definetly see how watching of TV contributes to turning people into mindless zombies.(that's why I threw my tv outta the room). But how do you suppose a plugged(but not running) TV can affect our frequency?! And how close do you have to be 'near' it in other to be affected? If you'd care to eloborate on this, that'd be interesting.

Naiad780

Bluejay, this doesn't answer your question, but what is Qigong like?  I have heard people mention it before but I don't really know what it is or what it does.

BlackBox

The T.V. info is not from my own empirical experience. But I do have faith in the credibility of such statements.

So with that said, besides for the ELF-undercurrents which probably could be picked up by specific instruments, when turned on, the screen operates with a strobe-light. These types of lights induce a light-hypnotic state to those watching. Notice in the last so or so years, all government and commercial lights have been converted to strobe-lights. (ie. Do you remember the old types of siren-lights on the police-cars? They were replaced with strobe-lights).

The ELF itself is what is turned on 24/7 just by the T.V. being plugged in. This presupposes a lot of things but it's food for thought.

---

Qigong, in frank-terms, is rhythmic breathing in conjunction with certain postures. There are many types and there are many branched-off activities that come out of it, such as Yoga, Tai-Chi, etc. Qigong has been passed down from before our dated history, which may imply it is something that has survived the last cataclysm -- it may has well come from the culture of Lemuria and/or all of those specific cultures back then (ie. Atlantis, Osiris, etc).

By coordinating stretching with breathing, one is consciously taking control of both the moving-center (posture) and instinctive-center (breath). This promotes clearage of "chi"-blockages and blood-circulation, not to mention all of the other little details. Pal-Dan-Gum, for example, is instructed to people in Korean hospitals who have a terminal-illness. The instructor of the book I initially bought, Stanley D. Wilson, ameloriated his cancer by its dedicated use.

bluejay

Naiad780,

Blackbox explained Qigong better than I could ever have done, I hope you are satisfied with his answer [^]

funinfloating111

im not too sure of the TV thing, but when my blockages started clearing my energy felt less tingaly and more like a water current. thick and powerful.

Reality

quote:

The ELF itself is what is turned on 24/7 just by the T.V. being plugged in. This presupposes a lot of things but it's food for thought

Yes I am familiar with the suggested idea that 'strobe lights' are hypnotic openers. The way I looked at it was that when a dude watches TV he becomes more open to the sh*t that sleeping humans have to offer him on the screen.

But gosh, thinking in terms of un-plugged tv's doing an equally good job at 'hypnotic opening', that's very unpleasant. What do you propose as a defence against this? Or is being aware of it enough?

Naiad780

Thanks for the explanation, Black Box.  Where do you find classes in Qigong?  I took Tai Chi for awhile and I see yoga classes everywhere, but never Qigong.

How do you think Qigong compares to Tai Chi and Yoga?

BlackBox

I learned Qigong from an inexpensive book by Stanley D. Wilson. I just practice it everyday -- Tai-Chi and Yoga branched off from Qigong. They are specific towards different styles. Stuart Wilde says Yoga is dangerous. [B)]

In regards to protecting yourself from the T.V....it's not really "that big of a deal" in my opinion. There are certain remedies that some people speak about...takyon shields (http://montalk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=303), or perhaps even colloidal silver? I'm sure just keeping your mind "on-guard" does a great deal.

Reality

quote:

Stuart Wilde says yoga is dangerous.

In terms of 'pre-mature' kundalini risings, eh?!

daem0n

about the tv and ELF
i tried to make a shield that would rise these frequencies, it's powered by the tv, seems to work
any other ideas ??, aside throwing the tv out of your life (seems the best to me)
you can probably utilise tv turned off to fall in trance quicker, but it's probably not worth the effort (too many probably...[xx(])
Search for the cause of self, in self
To find everything and nothing

Reality

quote:
Originally posted by daem0n

aside throwing the tv out of your life (seems the best to me)

That's what I did, I have a lot more space in my room too now hehe! 1 down the house, 3 tv's to go.

I don't miss it at all. Throwing that thing away felt like a heavy burden being removed from my shoulders (even though I didn't watch anymore)
[:)]

Eol007

quote:

I learned Qigong from an inexpensive book by Stanley D. Wilson. I just practice it everyday -- Tai-Chi and Yoga branched off from Qigong. They are specific towards different styles. Stuart Wilde says Yoga is dangerous. [B)]

In regards to protecting yourself from the T.V....it's not really "that big of a deal" in my opinion. There are certain remedies that some people speak about...takyon shields (http://montalk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=303), or perhaps even colloidal silver? I'm sure just keeping your mind "on-guard" does a great deal.

Hi Amir,

Interesting thread... although I think to take Stuart Wilde's theory to heart on avoiding yoga because he thinks it is dangerous is more than far fetched [B)]

I had a look for his article (see link below), and its as if he had simply taken snippets of various author's work including Roberts Bruce's, thrown them all into a hot skillet in the middle of a crop circle, then invited the UFO aliens to beam a wierding ray into the pot and come out with a recipe ascribing yoga (hatha) as a quick fix for a short life and route to a hollow death!

http://www.stuartwilde.com/Articles/SW_articles_aviod_yoga.htm

Like many here I have practiced various forms of body/energy work like yoga (hatha) and also some Chi Gung. From my experience (however limited) it beggars the question:-

If these is any cause of concern surrounding yoga – it's in low quality training standards which abound more than anything else! Talking theoretically here: if for instance a neurotic, bankrupt, ex cocaine snorting, has been fatie burger eating, TV personality takes up yoga and then becomes ill - What would have been the set of real cause of their listlessness, chronic fatigue and bowel cancer?

By the way don't let me put a spanner on your thread, but that one caught my attention.

Please forgive the rant!

All the best,

Stephen

BlackBox

Hey Stephen,

It's not my place to label Yoga anything, but with all of the various types of alternatives, I'm reluctant to ever try it (given SW's caution), and I'm sure you understand why for someone (me) who has never tried it. (ie. why even bother?)

If SW's "ghouls" do exist, I'll definately take some of his caveats to practice. It's not as if I am taking up any midnight rituals or anything. I do find it interesting in regards to what he says about the positions which point your rear-end to the sky...you never know Stephen, and when you live life, you have to discern between certain things with your gut.

I'm sure you're right with your eccentric example, but that seems to be kind of like a red herring -- SW says that those who practice Yoga incessantly for years denote these attributes...and this is from his empirical observation (ie. of friends, of acquaintances, etc) rather than his watch for odd-balls dying from a physical distortion.

Warm Regards,

Rastus

Waht's wrong with midnight rituals (followed by a decent meal!!!)

I think you had a key phrase "practice for years".  Some people are compuslsive, doesn't matter what they do.  Runners can be this way, and body builders/weight lifters.

So let's take the # of Yogi's that wack out, and compare the % of runners or weight lifters.  Only then can you tell if it's the Yoga or the individuals own failings.

And, as RB says, the more spiritual you become, the more you notice and get noticed.  Do Hatha for years, but neglect any defenses (r more correctly for modern US teachers, deny the need in the first place) and what do you expect?  Ying and Yang, you can't have one without the other.  Too many 1-sided modern teachers, that didn't truly understand what they parroted back to real masters?  I'm sure there are Reiki parrallels?  What about Authors of "witchcraft" books that have 15 chapters of spells and 1 on defense and maybe 1 on physical/mental health?
There is a physical limitation upon how much light a human body can sustain. Interestingly, there is no limit on how much light a human vessel can generate. When fully enlightened you must instill your light in order to maintain its wisdom.

Eol007

quote:

Hey Stephen,

It's not my place to label Yoga anything, but with all of the various types of alternatives, I'm reluctant to ever try it (given SW's caution), and I'm sure you understand why for someone (me) who has never tried it. (ie. why even bother?)

If SW's "ghouls" do exist, I'll definately take some of his caveats to practice. It's not as if I am taking up any midnight rituals or anything. I do find it interesting in regards to what he says about the positions which point your rear-end to the sky...you never know Stephen, and when you live life, you have to discern between certain things with your gut.

I'm sure you're right with your eccentric example, but that seems to be kind of like a red herring -- SW says that those who practice Yoga incessantly for years denote these attributes...and this is from his empirical observation (ie. of friends, of acquaintances, etc) rather than his watch for odd-balls dying from a physical distortion.

Warm Regards,

Folks,

Pardon me going a little off topic!

Hi Amir,

Well I do admit I did have a right chuckle on reading Mr Wilde's article... although the yogic version of the funky chicken may well loosen up a few folk, and you never know it may even help to expel the odd entity or two!

Actually the Plough asana does have benefits on awakening the Vishuddi chakra (5th), and apparently helps with digestion and reproduction for example.

Wishing your gut (feeling) well [;)],

S [:)]

P.S. Never fear I am not going down the road of my Gung is better than your gung argument here! As I have had occasion to meet a few yoga snobs, and they can seem a bit up their own proverbials, but then the same can be said of people in all walks of life [;)]