News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Reiki 1?

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Reiki 1 would probably refer to standard usui reiki. It is effective and good to learn in any case, but there is something you might want to try first.

http://www.kundalini-reiki.net/

It helps to e-mail a picture of yourself if you want to receive attunements to the various levels which are available here. I sent mine as a jpeg and that was okay.

As it says, the first level is free for evaluation purposes. Also, the prices for the attunement sets ($80 US) is much more reasonable than usui reiki prices tend to be. I paid $125 US for just the first level of usui reiki. My first three levels were $450 US (compared to a set of three for $80) and it was going to be another $800 US at least except that I got someone else to finish my training at no cost. Even though the Kundalini Reiki is done at a distance, I felt it clearly begin and end at the times we agreed on and continue the whole time. This is not something I'm particularly good at. I've always had an easier time of sending energy than feeling it from other people.

Grenade01

Wow...umm...that seems kind of...yeah
risky

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/You must try some of my purple berries.
I've been eating them for 6 or 7 weeks now, haven't got sick once.
Prolly keep us both alive.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Ashfo

So Reiki 1 is something that is needed to be taught, rather than NEW?

You couldnt teach yourself?

- Ashfo

Tom

Right. Reiki is not something that can be picked up from reading a book and doing techniques. If it could be that easy then taking money for it would be a lot more difficult.

Salubri

Goodday,

Just wanted to comment here. About reiki (all levels) it is easiest when taught, but it can be learned by reading. The only thing really needed is a master to attune you to reiki. If you want to do it the safe way, sure go to a master and pay for a good course.

But if you have money problems(like I had) or dont mind at all, you can consider taking an attunement from a distance. There are so many sites on the internet which offer free attunements.. The training you need you can read about on the internet. The only thing still needed is lots and lots of practice.

This site: http://angelreiki.nu/ is very good, it learns you all you need. And if you need more information, just search the net for the thousands of chat/ forum or other information resources for reiki.

Goodluck,
Salubri

Tom

Most of my training was not directly and in person from a teacher. The attunements were and the beginnings of my training. Even so, I went on to get more attunements at a distance. It really does seem to work just as well. The site I suggested earlier has been the most effective for attunements at a distance (http://www.kundalini-reiki.net/) and it has not seemed dangerous in any way. It even works well with NEW.

dido

Ashfo, please be careful!
Reiki is a very effective ancient healing practice. I teach it and of course I really recommand it. The problem is that nowadays it is possible to do anything and call it Reiki. There is no way to say in advance  if the form you are choosing will be  the best  for you. My advice is to speak to as MANY Reiki masters as you can and to receive many hands on Reiki treatments from their students as well and judge what you feel. Please, bear in mind that you are putting your energy field in the hands of someone else and that what this person will do to you is not possible to undo. As I said, many things are done today and called Reiki. I'm not saying that they are all wrong or bad, but they are, in my opinion, too new! Only time will test them and I, just to be safe, prefer to stick to tradition. Many people have practised  the  kind of Reiki I'm doing before me and they are happy with it and got results.
I can practise the NEW system without fear, because it is entirely under my control: I can do it or stop it, it's up to me. With Reiki, once you've been initiated (or attuned, as many new age people prefer to say), you can stop doing  Reiki, but you won't be able to change back your energy field, if you don't like it. If you want to know more about the traditional  Reiki (Usui Shiki Rioho) try: www.usuireiki.com
About learning from a book. I have never received a Reiki treatment from someone claiming to have learned from a book.  I know that what I call Reiki can only be received from a Reiki master in a person to person relationship in wich physical closeness is essential.

Ashfo

Thanks dido!

I did not know of that.... I have emailed several masters who offer free attunements and recieved three replies - all offering to do free attunements...

How do I know if someone offering is genuine or not? If they truly know what they're doing?

You've just sent alarm bells ringing in my head! hehe.

I can't afford a Reiki attunement either...

- Ashfo

Tom

It isn't possible to do an attunement on someone without that person consenting to it. Yes, I have tried to do this. It failed every time. Yes, I tried more than once. It is also possible to a person to ask for an attunement and still not consent to it when the time comes. I have seen this happen. Over a distance with someone you've never met it can be very difficult to establish a good connection on which to base sending energy for healing or attunements. Many of the people who do attunements for free over the internet also are willing to send energy without doing the attunement. This can help test whether there is a good connection. One person told me that it would not be possible to send energy to her because she had such strong natural shielding that every time someone trying to send energy to her got hurt when it bounced back. We agreed to try it anyway, and I easily was able to connect and send energy. The problem was that we were still incompatible and we learned this before going directly to an attunement. Even so, I continue to receive attunements from people I've never met over the internet. Even without doing any sort of testing, I haven't been harmed in any way. The worst thing that has happened was that nothing happened. We could not connect.

Ashfo

Thanks for the reply Tom,

I'm not so worried as not being able to connect, but rather having myself permanently and irrerversibly damaged.

What are some signs to look for to know if a person is genuine or not?

How should the attunement be set up etc?

- Ashfo

Grenade01

Dang
rieki is neat sounding
i wish one of my neighbors was a reiki master or something
ahhaha

[][][] <-- boxes --> [][][]

Tom

Ashfo, there are actually a lot of people who do reiki in New Zealand. It is a matter of finding someone near you if you want to be taught in person. The web site that I keep mentioning (http://www.kundalini-reiki.net/) is run by someone in New Zealand. Actually, I just sent an e-mail to someone who might be able to help you with the standard usui reiki. If you get the chance to learn from her in person, that would be a very good thing. All I've had a chance to do has been to read her book on reiki.

Ashfo

Thanks very much... Yeah I went to that website and emailed the guy.

He is from Christchurch, a town probably 8hours away from me and over the Cook Strait (similair to English Channel cept no tunnel :) so to do one in person is practically impossible. I actually asked him and he said he wouldnt do them in person anyway.

I dont mind doing a long distance one, I just want to make sure that they are infact a master :)

btw: what was that womans email? I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

- Ashfo

Grenade01

Anyone know anyone in Southern California?
I mean not neccisarily a master, but someone who is really into it, and perhaps would like to personally meet or disguss?  
I dont want to pay money or go to a class or anything like that....

dido

Ashfo
don't be so afraid. I only wanted to be sure you take Reiki in a very conscious and aware way. Too many people, in my opinion, take reiki with the mental attitude 'Ok, if it is free, what the heck, I'll try it....'
Reiki can be a real wonder, believe me. Just investigate and take your time to decide what's good for you.
Tom
I would like to ask you a question: what is your definition of 'attunement'? My English is not very good and so maybe I have misunderstood something you said. Thanks

Tom

When I was taught reiki, my first teacher said that the energy is with everyone all of the time and can be used by anyone. He told me that the symbols are placed in a person's aura and then that the symbols work actively to let the energy in. He said that the process is called an attunement because it adjusts a person's energy to better receive the energy, like tuning two string instruments together. If two guitar strings are tuned to vibrate at the same frequency and placed together, when the note is played on one the other string begins to vibrate. In books on yoga, I have even read that kundalini can be triggered in other people in the same way by people whose kundalini has been activated already.

dido

Hi Tom
thanks for the explanation.
The information I received obout giving Reiki  is slightly different, but the 'core' is more or less the same. Probably the Italian translation for the word 'attunement' has more meanings that make it not very good for describing the process. The more I study English (such a long way to go....) the more I realise how it is easy to misunderstand things because of subtle nuances and meanings hidden in some words.

Grenade01

Man
Well you speak more clearly than I do...and it's my native language.
*doh*

Ashfo

It was suggested to me that I try Reiki 1...

Does anyone have some good websites/rescources on Reki 1?

Thanks,

- Ashfo