so how do you actually raise your kundalini?

Previous topic - Next topic

mon9999

for those who did it either partially or the full medusa effect? I'm curios because I really wanna reach enlightenment and I don't want to return in this physical reality. I heard that in order to stop the process of reincarnation one must raise their kundalini. Pleeeaase share it here.... including the details of what to eat, kinds of meditations and counter measures to avoid the troubles of raising kundalini or how to raise kundalini safely

personalreality

There's no quick fix for this.  Its just a natural part of spiritual expansion.  If self-knowledge is your path, kundalini will rise.
be awesome.

soli

google kundalini yoga, I'm not saying it works as I've never done it, just that aside from personalreality's answer if you're still looking for a different one that's probably be the safest to give you. something like this I guess http://www.dlshq.org/download/kundalini.htm#_VPID_16

omcasey

Quotefor those who did it either partially or the full medusa effect? I'm curios because I really wanna reach enlightenment and I don't want to return in this physical reality. I heard that in order to stop the process of reincarnation one must raise their kundalini. Pleeeaase share it here.... including the details of what to eat, kinds of meditations and counter measures to avoid the troubles of raising kundalini or how to raise kundalini safely

The inquiry is sincere, and worthy of as genuine a response as possible.

I would begin by saying I did not raise the Kundalini.  I am not sure anything I could have done from the physical format would have ever directly influenced Her ascent.  I was just a person who felt certain things here in this life to be a bit off.  As a young person, and young adult I couldn't quite put my finger on it.  There was just always this lingering sense that things were not quite right, which led me into being somewhat reclusive as I pondered this feeling through. 

The spiritual disciplines I took on as I moved through my life I adopted because they made sense.  There was no other reason.  There were things I did not understand about myself in relation to this world and these practices highlighted what I felt to know, keeping this always at the front of my mind and at the front of my life.  Savasana (dead man's pose) came to me first, then Trataka (conscious gazing), Pranayama (the breathing), then Brahmacarya (in the practical sense, sexual abstinence).  I was drawn toward Siva, the masculine disciplines of the jnani.  Awareness practices such as Atma Vichara, and teachers such as Sri Ramana Maharshi. 

Kundalini was not something I ever knew about.  I had of course heard of it but my interests did not take me in this direction, or toward texts and practices that would bring it forth.  The Divine Feminine (experience) did not interest me, Siva (consciousness) interested me.  So, what a surprise, when in January of last year, unbeknownst to me She began rising.  My central nervous system went into shock.  I had no idea what was happening.  But finding out became a matter of what felt to me to be life or death.  When I did begin figuring it out, what became painfully clear was that the course of my life, my deepests interests and practices were ALL to help prepare me mind and body for this..

We can prepare ourselves to receive Her, but She will come as She will, entice Her as we may.

There is much you can do to help prepare.

[this for now]

mon9999

Quote from: omcasey on May 08, 2010, 17:15:39

The spiritual disciplines I took on as I moved through my life I adopted because they made sense.  There was no other reason.  There were things I did not understand about myself in relation to this world and these practices highlighted what I felt to know, keeping this always at the front of my mind and at the front of my life.  Savasana (dead man's pose) came to me first, then Trataka (conscious gazing), Pranayama (the breathing), then Brahmacarya (in the practical sense, sexual abstinence).  I was drawn toward Siva, the masculine disciplines of the jnani.  Awareness practices such as Atma Vichara, and teachers such as Sri Ramana Maharshi.  

thanx for the sincere post there omneycasey, but can you teach me how you actually do this savasana, trataka, pranayama?

mon9999

Quote from: soli on May 08, 2010, 14:51:06
google kundalini yoga, I'm not saying it works as I've never done it, just that aside from personalreality's answer if you're still looking for a different one that's probably be the safest to give you. something like this I guess http://www.dlshq.org/download/kundalini.htm#_VPID_16

Thanx for this link I will read it soon  :-D

CFTraveler

A few comments- I agree with personalreality in that Kundalini is a side effect of consciousness expansion- and I do think that a lot of methods can be used to help you on the path- however, I also believe that mechanical  disciplines (such as various energy practices and yogas, including Kundalini yoga, which I practice, btw, pranayamas , etc.) are helpful, but not because they cause it to rise- I think they help in preparing you for when it does rise, and it will when it's ready to.

That's why so many different things are called for:  Including but not specifically any of them:  Meditation, projection practice, energy work (all the possibilities are helpful) K yoga for the physical 'readiness', and whatever was mentioned that I missed.  All serve different functions, all developing different aspects of your being for this awakening-transformation/transmutation to happen.

Selea

Quote from: personalreality on May 08, 2010, 10:45:58
There's no quick fix for this.  Its just a natural part of spiritual expansion.  If self-knowledge is your path, kundalini will rise.

No.

You have to do something specific to raise Kundalini. For now the 100th time I say it. Kundalini is not new-age garbage that everybody can experience just sitting cross-ledged.

And anyway this is true of every experience, spiritual or not. You have do to something specific to obtain a specific experience. With Kundalini this is yet more true because you awake a specific current. So, Kundalini and self-knowledge are not "mutuals" in the sense that while Kundalini can bring self-knowledge, self-knowledge doesn't bring Kundalini by itself.

Selea

Quote from: CFTraveler on May 09, 2010, 19:08:25
A few comments- I agree with personalreality in that Kundalini is a side effect of consciousness expansion- and I do think that a lot of methods can be used to help you on the path- however, I also believe that mechanical  disciplines (such as various energy practices and yogas, including Kundalini yoga, which I practice, btw, pranayamas , etc.) are helpful, but not because they cause it to rise- I think they help in preparing you for when it does rise, and it will when it's ready to.

No.

Kundalini Yoga is a path that mixes Raja Yoga with some forms of Hatha-Yoga. Pranayama is Hatha Yoga. In any case some part of this discourse is correct in the sense that yoga paths brings you to the knowledge required to raise Kundalini, however after you must do something specific.

Yogas makes you learn Samadhi that it is required to awake the serpent. After you have to use specific disciplines to awake the same. It doesn't happen by itself. So, absolutely not: Kundalini is NOT a side effect of consciousness expansion, AT ALL. It is a specific current having to do with sexual energy, very specific, very particular.

Capt. Picard

I disagree, kundalini is new age garbage, and gives you kundalini psychosis with waking hallucinations. That or it just makes you really arrogant and act like a know-it-all when we all know you know nothing.

Xanth

Quote from: Capt. Picard on August 31, 2010, 19:16:28
I disagree, kundalini is new age garbage, and gives you kundalini psychosis with waking hallucinations. That or it just makes you really arrogant and act like a know-it-all when we all know you know nothing.
So far, from what I've seen, I can't argue with that sentiment, Capt.  :)

Selea

And I suppose you know all this from personal experience, isn't it? Grow a bit of courage for one time in your life and say the truth to yourself. You don't know ABSOLUTELY nothing of what I'm speaking about (i.e. Kundalini), and anyway about the rest.

One that really thinks that sleep paralysis (in the real term of the word) is needed to exit the body already shows how much he knows of what he is talking about from first-hand knowledge. Stop reading Lucidology 101 and do something serious. And above all else grow-up a bit. If you don't like me there's no problem, but do you think this gives you the rigth of talking of what you don't clearly know as if you are some sort of expert?

And yes, I am arrogant with those as you that speak of things they don't know from personal experience and suppose they already know everything. If this makes me a know-all then so mote it be.

As for not knowing of what I talk about everyone can naturally have their opinion on this. Until however you can show with practical examples why is that so (a thing you obvsiouly aren't able to do) then it will always just remain opinion, don't you think?

Selea

Quote from: Xanth on August 31, 2010, 19:21:35
So far, from what I've seen, I can't argue with that sentiment, Capt.  :)

You are becoming more and more emotional as the time passes, Xanth, how comes? Am I disturbing your sense of leadership?

blis

I'm genuinly surprised that someone who has an interest in the topics discussed on a forum like this would put down people's experiences in such a way.

You're giving of some bad vibes mate.

Xanth

Quote from: Selea on September 01, 2010, 05:22:33
You are becoming more and more emotional as the time passes, Xanth, how comes? Am I disturbing your sense of leadership?
Please don't push your clearly unstable emotional state onto me please.

Thanks a bunch.  ;)

Quote from: blis on September 01, 2010, 05:45:55
I'm genuinly surprised that someone who has an interest in the topics discussed on a forum like this would put down people's experiences in such a way.

You're giving of some bad vibes mate.
I'm actually with the Capt. here.  I'm really starting to believe that Kundalini is nothing more than a superiority complex.
It's just a new age metaphysical reason for people to feel superior over others.  Nothing more.

Stookie

I honestly don't understand why people get so defensive when Selea posts... it's like the information is damaging to their current practices and belief system or something. Much of what she's says I've read somewhere at some point - it's not like she's making it up off the top of her head.

If you don't like or agree with Kundalini and what it is, then ignore the thread, but there are people that do and practice it and could use the help. If you have a counter argument for incorrect information she's giving, go for it and I'm sure Selea will respond back respectfully. No one ever does. Tell her she doesn't know what she's talking about without a counterpoint and you probably won't get much respect. Understandably.

Xanth

For future reference too...

Selea, are you a guy or a girl?
Everyone is referring to you as a "her"... but I facebook-searched your email address to confirm, and it comes back with "him" and such.

blis

Quote from: Xanth on September 01, 2010, 09:14:05
I'm actually with the Capt. here.  I'm really starting to believe that Kundalini is nothing more than a superiority complex.
It's just a new age metaphysical reason for people to feel superior over others.  Nothing more.

I'm tempted to ask why you think that but I dont want to prompt something that might offend others.

I've no experience of kundalini so I cant speak with any knowledge of its existence but I tend to consider vedic knowledge rather credible.

I'm not speaking for your case as I dont know you but with myself I often find that when I feel people are feeling superior its actually just my own inferiorities that are making me feel that way. Not always of course because some people do just have superiority complexes but if its getting to me then thats usually a pretty good sign that I should look inwards. Again I'm not accusing you of anything and dont mean any insult, its just an insight I've made about myself that may/may not apply to others.

Xanth

Quote from: blis on September 01, 2010, 14:27:54
vedic knowledge
I don't mean to derail this... but I'm just curious what that means.  :)

blis

Stuff from the Vedas. I havent checked but I assumed thats where the kundalini stuff comes from. I thought all the old indian stuff came from the Vedas. I read some of the srimad bhagavatam years ago and found alot of wisdom in it. It got me interested and I started looking into the upanishads and other stuff. I've had a lot of respect for vedic knowledge since then. I even started trying to teach myself to read sanskrit before I got sent to prison. It was super hard though so I dont intend to take it up again.

Capt. Picard

You have all this experience with Kundalini, so what? How do you know what youre inducing has any significance at all? Look up Kundalini psychosis, real psychiatric disorder. If growing up means conforming to your ridiculous fanaticism, I'll stay young. Anyways, just give me one example of the real benefits of inducing kundalini that normal safe meditation dosent give you. As for youre poorly thought out jab at "sleep paralysis" we've already argued this and what I call paralysis others call trance. And I dont need it, I can also lucid dream or project without being aware of the paralysis, but it is OBVIOUSLY there otherwise you act out the same motions as you are doing in your projection, not unlike sleep walking. Anyways, I cant wait to hear it, prove that kundalini experience is significant and is beneficial. LOL, Selea you are gonna have so much trouble with trolls who dont actually care about your 10 paragraph responses, which by the way have yet to present anything intelligent and equate to you whining and throwing a fit over people disagreeing with your stupid statements.

blis

Well I looked up kundalini psychosis and it succeeded in scaring me off learning kundalini yoga from a book. So I thank you for that. I'm definitely leaving it alone until I can get a teacher.

Cant we all get along though and have a respectful adult discussion about our different viewpoints? If you post in anger/scorn all you get back is the same. No one wins.

grzazek

I think LSD is pretty closely related to kundalini

omcasey

I honestly don't understand why people get so defensive when Selea posts...

Goodness, seriously?

Before even going into anything specifically said, the communication style is highly confrontational.

I am not even sure I can state it as a communication style as there seems very little attempt to communicate (two-way) at all, just and endless barrage of oppositional statements.  Even from the outside of the conversation looking in, it is quite off-putting.  CFT shows the only true course, in not encouraging the continuance of such a course.  Real communication can be so beautiful, like a finely played chess game, or a dance- while this is often more like a food fight.  I am not shy about sharing my Kundalini experience, but this is not a place where I feel I even can due to all this.

Selea

Please don't push your clearly unstable emotional state onto me please.

Thanks a bunch.  ;)

Sorry, in my juvenile interpretation I thought you were feeding the troll just to have something to say against me. My fault. How can I be so idiot?

Apart this, sorry but I couldn't avoid it, simply because
"When you reconcile with authority you become yourself an authority" - Jim Morrison.

I'm actually with the Capt. here.  I'm really starting to believe that Kundalini is nothing more than a superiority complex.
It's just a new age metaphysical reason for people to feel superior over others.  Nothing more.

You see what bothers me about you is not that you have an opinion, just the contrary. You don't have one. You assume two weights and two measures depending on what it is being talked about, and this, I must tell you, it is really silly and you must acknowledge it.

When you talk about things you like, as Frank and Monroe Focuses then you use common grounds, structures of experiences and terms of paragon. You don't say that the RTZ is the same as Focus 4, or that Focus 2 can mean whatever one wants and can be any other Focus depending on who experiences the same, or anything as that. If I would reply to someone telling that he was in the RTZ while he obviously wasn't and I will say that there you will have nothing to object to it. You wouldn't say I'm imposing "belief structures" on others.

When instead you talk of what you think is "bogus" or you don't care for, then there MUST be no common grounds, no structures, no terms of paragon. Everything is only subjective and doesn't mean anything at all and can be everything at the same time. So, when I say to someone that Kundalini is not what they think you have to object saying that I just impose my "belief structures" to others.

I act as a superior towards you just because you change your point of view depending on the occasion. This in turns makes me not take seriously what you tell because it is biased and has not foundament.

Then, apart this, talking of things you haven't not experienced yourself as if you know what is being talked about is pretentious and do you think I have to abide to what you say?