News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

So.. What do you intend to do?

Previous topic - Next topic

Nostic

Quote from: Tyciol
Quote from: knucklebrain1970
Quote from: Nostic
Quote from: knucklebrain1970I want to be the next Jesus.

:shock:

Kevin

LOL, that made me smile. Lofty goals, eh?

Straight up man. I like to think big. Why limit yourself :lol:

Kevin
But you're limiting yourself to a life free of sin... including women.

Not really. Who is defining sin? The church? Does a master even recognize sin? I don't think he'd be a master if that were the case. He would only speak in such terms in order to help our understandings. He stands above such petty definitions though.

knucklebrain1970

Remember without sin there is no repent, without evil there would be no good :lol:

I think it's complete BS that Jesus didn't have any on the side. Come on.

Kevin
BUDDHAHOOD - THE END OF SUFFERING

Tyciol

Well if he did you're in some trouble, because the only reason you can get into heaven is because his being sinless is the only thing that allows him to take your sins upon himself.

Otherwise you'll have to do whatever people did before Jesus came around... does that mean Moses had to go through Purgatory or Dante's inferno too?

Jesus led by example, and during his time on earth he was separate from god (if he wasn't, he must have been schizophrenic talking to him all the time), which meant he had to watch his sinfulness too. I think he may have done a little 'sin of wrath' smashing up all the poor money changer's tables at the temple... it's not like they were selling hookers or anything (even though I think they were legal some time back then).

Wells

Why should a relationship with a women be sinful?  Jesus walked the path when he was on earth and I believe modern Gnosis in that alchemy (a sexual practice) is required to do this.  So I reckon Jesus must have.  This isn't a bad thing, I don't know why people always take it as a joke.

Nostic

Quote from: TyciolWell if he did you're in some trouble, because the only reason you can get into heaven is because his being sinless is the only thing that allows him to take your sins upon himself.

Otherwise you'll have to do whatever people did before Jesus came around... does that mean Moses had to go through Purgatory or Dante's inferno too?

Jesus led by example, and during his time on earth he was separate from god (if he wasn't, he must have been schizophrenic talking to him all the time), which meant he had to watch his sinfulness too. I think he may have done a little 'sin of wrath' smashing up all the poor money changer's tables at the temple... it's not like they were selling hookers or anything (even though I think they were legal some time back then).

Tyciol, you strike me as a rebel and a free thinker. Why is it then that you believe all of that nonsense that people have fed you?  :?

alexd

Quote from: WellsWhy should a relationship with a women be sinful?  Jesus walked the path when he was on earth and I believe modern Gnosis in that alchemy (a sexual practice) is required to do this.  So I reckon Jesus must have.  This isn't a bad thing, I don't know why people always take it as a joke.

From what I have read Jesus had already completed The Work when he descended to the physical world 2000 years ago so he would not have practiced any sexual acts if that source is correct.

On this topic, sexual alchemy is "making love" so it would not be a sin because it is not done out of desire.

I think it would be pretty amazing to have the amount of awareness that Jesus has, I don't think you would be thinking about sins at the time because from your perspective the world would be a lot different to how we see it in the limited scope we do now.

Alex
I want to be in the energy, not with the enemy
A place for my head

PardonMe

Back on topic - what I want to acheive for all this time and effort is personal proof of consciouness free from phsyical form ( ie life after death) and to explore the wonders of the universe in the RTZ.
Skeptic is what skeptic does - Me (borrowed)

JAW

Im already pretty much perfect so Im not sure what to do! :)

Seriously though thats something I always wonder. I always read about all these important questions that are asked/answered during OBE's and all of that, but I cant think of anything I would ask a guide or my higher self. The only thing I can think of which is only of partial use is that if I can prove to myself that there is an afterlife I wont be quite as scared of dying. But if thats the case, then you cant use the old "you only live once" thing to make yourself do stuff! :) Its like, well Im going on to bigger and better things anyway so may as well just bum around haha.

So Id like to add to this general topic and ask people what (other than having fun) they try and acheive or ask in OBE and for what purpose.

Cheers, have a good one.
When you ask why some event happened, the only true and complete answer is "The Universe", because if any part of the Universe had been different, things would have happened differently - Eliezer S. Yudkowsky

Tyciol

Quote from: NosticTyciol, you strike me as a rebel and a free thinker. Why is it then that you believe all of that nonsense that people have fed you?  :?
Please be more specific, what nonsense is it that I believe?

As for sex being a sin or not, isn't that where the whole concept of 'original sin' came from? I think it's a catholic concept, but they found something in there to interpret that sex was a sin... even if it was necessary in propogating the human species and he said be fruitful and multiply...

Nostic

Quote from: Tyciol
Quote from: NosticTyciol, you strike me as a rebel and a free thinker. Why is it then that you believe all of that nonsense that people have fed you?  :?
Please be more specific, what nonsense is it that I believe?

As for sex being a sin or not, isn't that where the whole concept of 'original sin' came from? I think it's a catholic concept, but they found something in there to interpret that sex was a sin... even if it was necessary in propogating the human species and he said be fruitful and multiply...

To eat of the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge is the Original Sin. And of course, it's not really a sin at all. The story of Adam and Eve is representative of our "fall" from divinity. In order to gain knowledge about life, you must first be separated from it. But so long as you are separated from life, you will be in "sin", because your actions are no longer in harmony with the fabric of life. This is why life is a struggle- because you perceive yourself as separate from it. Sex perpetuates the "sin" of earthly bondage, so I'm sure this is why it has historically been a source of condemnation. Although, I'm pretty certain that most people aren't even consciously aware of that.

I would find it hard to believe Tyciol if were to say to me that you've read or heard much about Jesus that was not from a religiously based source. I remember you once saying on these very boards that you hated Jesus. I can only imagine someone saying something like that if the only Jesus that they knew was one based on church teachings. But how trustworthy is the church to begin with? As far as I can see it has historically been a den of corruption, greed, and hatred.

There was a time when I didn't think much of Jesus either, although I can't say that I ever hated him. But the more I read about him from sources separate from religion, the more I saw him as someone that I can look up to.

Ybom

Nostic, thanks for that tidbit, it hits on a level of almost 'common sense' ya know?

When did you come up with that theory?
I come prepared...with COOKIES! No, you can't have one!

Nostic

Quote from: YbomNostic, thanks for that tidbit, it hits on a level of almost 'common sense' ya know?

When did you come up with that theory?

Thanks. It all connects. It's based on personal contemplation as well as info from numerous books that I've read... non-religious books, that is  :wink:

Tyciol

Any knowledge one gets of Jesus comes from the bible or a person or church's interpretation of it.

Where else do you expect to get it?

I don't hate Jesus, I just hate the belief.

Nostic

Quote from: TyciolAny knowledge one gets of Jesus comes from the bible or a person or church's interpretation of it.

Where else do you expect to get it?

I don't hate Jesus, I just hate the belief.

You still don't get the point. I give.

Just be happy, live long, and be fruitful and multiply.  :wink:

Tyciol

I can do all but the last, I believe God might have been speaking to mankind as a species rather than an individual, a species can multiply :)

Not to say that I'm not going to try cloning or split-form technique!

Telos

QuoteI believe God might have been speaking to mankind as a species rather than an individual, a species can multiply

And it can multiply into different species via evolution! Maybe that's what he meant?

redcatherine

Quote from: tro-flowHey there, this is just a little chat topic, not much to learn here. I just wonder, what do you think you will eventually achieve or what is your goal, concerning the energy body development ...

As the energy body develops so has clairvoyance clairaudience psyhcic ability , channeling , projection and bi location of consciousness .

I plan to improve upon all of these skills and acquire more . I want to be the best me I can be to move this knowledge into the next life and escape some of the trials and struggles in this manner . More importantly I seek enlightenment of myself and as much of the world as possible in my lifetime . If the universal mind was enlightened we could eliminate war  and brutality at least and possible get past some of our base  human nature  to benefit the planet of Mother Earth and the universe .

The Boddhisatva Path seeks to develop to  enlighten to serve humanity:
Thirty-Seven Practices  translation by Ngulchu Thogme

1.Once having gained the free, well favored human birth, So hard to come by and so powerful, Persevering steadily, night and day, to free yourself And others from the ocean of samsara— To listen, reflect, and meditate Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

2.Toward friends—passion like turbulent water; Toward enemies—hatred like raging fire; Obscured by ignorance—forgetting what should
and should not be done— To leave behind one's homeland Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

3. When bad circumstances are left behind, The obscuring emotions and beliefs gradually subside. Without distractions, Persistence toward virtue increases naturally. As awareness clears, certainty in dharma arises— to spend time in solitude Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

4. At death, the visiting consciousness leaves behind the body Like a guest leaving a guest-house— Leaving behind loved ones to whom one has long been close. Leaving behind wealth gained through effort. Thus, to give up this life's concerns Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

5. People you are with who increase the three poisons, Who weaken the practices of listening, reflecting, meditating, Who undermine loving-kindness and compassion— To give up bad friends Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

6Those you depend on who put an end to vices, Who make good qualities increase like the waxing moon— Holding these spiritual friends even more dear Than your own body— This is the practice of a bodhisattva.

7. Who can the gods of this world assist When they are themselves trapped in samsara's prison? Thus, when you seek help, taking the genuine refuge Of the Three Jewels Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

8. The Buddha said, "The result of negative actions Is the suffering of the lower realms so difficult to bear." Therefore, not committing evil acts Even at the cost of your life Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

9. The happiness of the three worlds is like dew On a blade of grass, vanishing in an instant. Striving for the supreme state— Liberation which never changes— Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

10. What's the point of personal happiness When every mother so affectionate to you From beginningless time Is suffering? Thus, in order to liberate Infinite numbers of sentient beings, Generating bodhicitta Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

11. Without exception, All suffering comes from wanting happiness for yourself; Perfect buddhas are born from wishing to benefit others.
Thus, truly exchanging your own happiness For the suffering of others Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

12. Even if someone from great want, steals all your wealth Or has someone else steal it, dedicating to the thief Your body, your enjoyments, and your merit— Past, present and future— Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

13. Even if someone cuts your head off For having done nothing wrong, To take on that person's negatives Through the power of compassion
Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

14. Even if someone slanders you, and Broadcasts it throughout a billion universes, To speak of that person's good qualities
With a caring mind Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

15. Even if someone insults you In the middle of a gathering, pointing out your hidden faults— Bowing down respectfully, seeing that person As a spiritual friend, Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

16. Even if someone regards you as an enemy, Though you've cared for him as you would your own child— Being especially affectionate toward him As would a mother whose child is taken ill Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

17. Even if someone, your equal or less, Treats you with contempt out of arrogance— Putting him above you respectfully,
As you would your teacher, Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

18. Even though you may be penniless Continually despised by men, terribly ill, Struck down by harmful forces— To take onto yourself
All the evil acts and sufferings of beings— Without losing heart— Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

19. Though well-known and well respected, As rich as Vaishravana Having seen that worldly wealth and glory is essenceless,
To be free of arrogance Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

20. When the inner enemy, one's own anger, remains uncontrolled, Seeking to subdue outer enemies only makes more of them.
Therefore, to tame your own mindstream with the forces Of loving-kindness and compassion Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

21. Desire is like drinking salt water— the more you indulge, the more craving increases. Letting go immediately Whatever makes attachment arise Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

22. Apparent phenomena, all of them, Are fabrications of mind; The innate nature of mind Is separate from mind's fabrications
Having seen this, To be uninvolved with dualistic perception Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

23. When you happen on beautiful objects, The practice of a bodhisattva Is to forgo attachment by viewing them As lovely but unreal as summer rainbows.

24Taking illusory appearances as real Is exhausting, like going through The death of one's own child In a dream—
Our many sufferings are like that. Thus, to regard as fantasy The unlovely happenings of life Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

25. Those who want enlightenment Must give even their bodies, if needed, Not to mention giving external things. To give generously—
Without hope or reward Or hope of result— Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

26. Without discipline, You can't even achieve benefit for yourself, So wanting to benefit others is just a joke. Thus, to maintain a discipline
That is free of attachment to this world Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

27. All that is hurtful is like a jewel-treasure To the bodhisattva who wants the pleasures of virtue. Thus, to cultivate patience
Without anger or resentment Toward anyone at all Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

28. Although sravakas and pratyekabuddhas Accomplish benefit for themselves alone, They strive as though putting out a fire in their hair.
To make efforts from which are born Good qualities which benefit all beings Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

29. The obscuring emotions and beliefs Are completely conquered by vipashyana Which has been integrated fully with shamatha.
Understanding this, to practice stable meditation states Beyond the formless realm's four states of mental absorption Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

30. Since perfect enlightenment cannot be obtained Through the five paramitas without insight, Cultivating insight which is free of concepts, and Endowed with threefold purity and skillful means Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

31. If you don't examine your confusion, You may become a charlatan In the guise of a dharma practitioner Therefore, always looking into your own confusion And then leaving it behind Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

32.Due to the strength of the obscuring emotions and beliefs Speaking of the faults of bodhisattvas Defiles oneself. Thus, not to speak
Of the faults of others on the Mahayana path Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

33.The activities of hearing, reflecting, meditating Become defiled by arguing over goods and services. Giving up attachment to friends' and donors' households Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

34.By speaking harshly, a bodisattva's conduct becomes defiled And other sentient beings are disturbed. Therefore, to give up harsh words
Displeasing to the minds of others Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

35. Once you become used to dense states and primitive beliefs And habituated to the obscuring emotions, They are hard to reverse with antidotes. Therefore, wielding the weapon of mindfulness, To conquer these obscuring mental states (such as desire, and so on)
Immediately, as they arise, Is the practice of a bodhisattva.

36. In short: Whatever you do, wherever you are, Look into your state of mind. By keeping continuous mindful awareness
It is the practice of a bodhisattva

37.To accomplish benefit for others.  It is the practice of bodhisattvas

To dedicate the merit accomplished through their efforts By means of completely pure insight Free of concepts of giver, receiver, and gift
In order to clear away the suffering of sentient beings. For the sake of those wishing to train on the bodhisattva path I have presented these thirty-seven bodhisattva practices Based on the meaning related in the sutras, tantras, and treaties in accord with the words of the holy ones.
Although due to my small training and low intellect this was not composed in a way that would please scholars I think these bodhisattvas practices are unmistaken Since they rely on the sutras and sacred teachings. However, since it is hard for a person of low intellect like myself
To understand in depth the vast conduct of bodhisattvas I ask patience of the holy ones With any errors of writing logic, and so forth. By this merit, may all sentient beings By means of the supreme absolute and relative bodhicitta Become like lord Avalokitesvara Who dwells beyond the extremes of nirvana and samsara. This was composed in the jewel cave of Ngulchu by Tsunpa Thogme, who teaches authentic scriptures and reasonings in order to benefit himself and sentient beings.
Love . Light  and Laughter
Aunt Clair

Tyciol

Quote from: Telos
QuoteI believe God might have been speaking to mankind as a species rather than an individual, a species can multiply

And it can multiply into different species via evolution! Maybe that's what he meant?
I'm afraid I do not understand... do you mean like X-men or something?