News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Tai Chi Students

Previous topic - Next topic

shaman

I did Shotokan for over 6 years, and one of our masters was teaching TaiChi. I must say that most of the movements of TaiChi remind me of many stances/movements in Shotokan where your body direct your energy (focus, power, concentration, oneness) basically from the ground all they to the kick, punch or whatever is performed onto your opponent. The headmaster at that time was the late Shihani Ed Hamiles

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/1070/wcskkai.htm

Not sure if this might interestt you. What do you mean by dbz? Some of the differences with Kung Fu is the distance to your opponent, the "ma" which is much shorter in Kung Fu than in Shotokan. The other difference is that Kung Fu is taking many of its tactics and practice by imitating animals (bear claw, bird beak, ...), while Shotokan is adapted for and by the human body to maximize the energy of impact. The aim in Shotokan is to be the most powerfull, fast in the shortest time and to finish the battle within basically one move only.

Fenris

Hi ya, I don't train in Tai Chi but I do train in Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu, which is certainly a very different art. But I believe all martial arts when learnt to some level- if the art is deep enough to facilitate it, create an awareness of body energy and the ability to control this energy. What did you want to learn about, if it's not strictly Tai Chi on your mind and its practice maybe I can help, or help you find your answers so I can learn something new myself, I'm very interested in the topic.

My teacher and I were discussing how the study of mysticism and martial arts can lead to the same knowledge and abilities, that both paths are ultimately the same. The conversation came up because even though I've only studied in the Bujinkan for a year or so I can understand the higher level principals he talks about from my pervious studies. Anyway he said to consider our 5th Dan test, in which the student sits facing away from the grandmaster who has a training sword, the student has to sense the grandmasters killing intent before he cuts and escape the cut – the point is that both the mystic/ metaphysics student and the developed martial artist will sense the intent to kill – BUT it's the martial artist that can do something about it. Just something cool that's been on my mind.

Kind Regards
David

Ryu-Kanjin

shaman do you have a list of where some Shotokan or tia chi dojos are located?
Dont look at the world around you with your eyes, use your soul, and you will see more then you have ever imagined.

goku22

I practiced the old Yang style for about 9 months, including the sword form. It was great, an excellent form of meditation, and you really begin to feel the energy of your body after a while. Anything that centers you like has to be good. Now I've left the area where I learned it, forgot the sword form, and only occasionaly practice the hand form. Still, it all comes back when I do it, I sort of feel like I've learned a real skill that I can carry with me for the rest of my life, unless I forget it completely of course, then I'll just learn a new style, it's the pracitce itself, not the moves.  Ben

Squeek

Just so you know, Ryu-Kanjin, there is a button after you post that looks like this: .  This button is called "Edit Reply", and you use it to edit replies, such as typographical errors or updates.  This saves us the time of fixing the error for you and deleting the "double post".

Thanks,

~Squeek

mykungfu

Right now im just feeling the energy and removing blockages.  I'm also learning new things about the form and about my dan tien...i know about the micro and macro orbital orbits, condensing breathing, meditation...and some other stuff...all i did in gong fu training was the gong part...force really...faster punches and kicks...fundamentals...
Why am I dying to live, when I'm living to die?

mykungfu

I'm in tai chi currently and have done training in gong fu, I was wondering if anyone else is doing REAL tai chi or gong fu, i really dont care about the dbz type stuff. I want to talk to the real tai chi/gong fu students who actually KNOW something.
Why am I dying to live, when I'm living to die?