News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The power of music

Previous topic - Next topic

goku22

I've got to go with hearing a live performance of Pacobel's "Canon". Recorded versions still give me the shivers, but a live string performance brings me to some special place I can't describe well. Some parts of some of the songs on "The Miseducation of Lauren Hill" give me shivers, all of Vertical Horizon's do it, bare naked ladies "Live at Red Rock", Alicia Keys, and Jewel's 2nd and 3rd cds all bring me to a neat place if I listen to them with my headphones on. Most of them do it because of the memories and feelings I stored withing them, but there is certain notes in all of them that just spark something, but nothing like that live Canon. Ben

lateralus897

I'd definitely hafta say Tool. Especially their cd "Lateralus." There's actually a way to play the cd out of order and vibrations and energy sensations will be triggered.

PeacefulWarrior

I have a friend who gets "high" by listening to music.  He says he lays down on his bed and builds energy...and is subsequently "whooshed" away to wherever he desires.  

Anyway, I think anything that aids in the energy development of the individual can be effectively used for this purpose.  Music is obviously quite effective for many...and probably anyone could use it to build energy if they found the right music and found what works for them to reach the desired effects.
We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------
fides quaerens intellectum

DjMidgetMan

Ya think the Dj would know??? I tink so....

Well I dont think I should name any titles.... But maybe I should get you all into MY music.... Yes, thats right, I make music... And all my songs give me that sensation you are talking about... So.... If you want some of my music, email me at DjMidgetMan@yahoo.com

DjMidgetMan
  "Mind over Matter"

kifyre

Chrono Trigger is the best game ever. And I agree about the music. :) Almost any Christian Techno is inspiring for me. Which I've always found amusing because I'm Jewish. :)

One of my favorites musicians:

"Kryptonic" can get his stuff off of mp3.com

Also,

chicane - saltwater

Mark

Edited by - kifyre on 06 April 2002  06:30:10

Qui-Gon Jinn

I myself can be energized just listening to my favourite artists such as MR Springsteen, Counting Crows, Enya, Enigma etc., but the #1 artist of them all without any doubt, who both inspires me and energizes me bigtime, is Mother Nature!!  Most preferably "live" out in nature, but I have some "nature sounds" on various CD´s that is great as well...  

May the force be with you ((Qui-Gon))

- Your focus determines your reality -

Winged_Wolf

Enya, Metallica, Loreena McKennitt, Maire`, Sisters Of Mercy....in general, anything that you love to sing along with, and that resonates with you, is going to be good.  That'll be different for different people.

--Winged Wolf
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."
--Winged Wolf
http://www.lulu.com/wingedwolfpsion
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."

Mobius

G,day music lovers!

This is a subject that is almolst as important to me as OBE,s &
occupies a great deal of my physical life.
5 years ago a friend & I formed a band,wrote some tunes,recorded
them & made a few c-d,s,but only got 1 EP on the market before we
folded in 2000.Our name was "Phoenix" & we played rock,hard rock &
pop sort of tunes,the band members consisting of a lead vocalist,
lead guitarist,me on rhythm guitar & back up vocals,bass & drums.

Well,things didn't turn out well in the end & the c-d cover & name
caused a rift in the band & our drummer moved to England,the lead
guitarist did the bolt & we all just drifted off for a while.
Our singer who is a teacher moved to England for some better pay
& that was it I thought.
Things have turned out better now though than I could ever imagine.
The singer moved back home 3 months ago,his girlfriend bumped into
the lead guitarist in town,he rang me & said do you want to do it
all over again?It took me about 3.57891 milliseconds to say "Hell yeah!".So once again we have a 5 piece band,but this time we have
all grown,got more & better equipment,better quality songs & lots
of recording experience now to be our own producers.

Dj, I wouldn't mind hearing some of your stuff & I'll write to your
email address.I don't think we have any samples on the net anymore,but
we will soon & hopefully a website as well.

I love any music except country,so I will listen to any category
really & have music from classical & meditation music to heavy metal.

Tir13,you are preaching to the converted with me if you are talking
about music & it's benefits to you,I just can't get enough of the
stuff.

Good journeys all

Mobius

distant bell

I guess what music affects a person is wery personal.
I know a great deal about a music called Ambient, that really
has as its goal to creat different sets of moods, and dig
into the mind.
Anyone interested should check up www.hypnos.com - the finest
ambient store on the net.

There is alot of great ambient for meditation, that basically just
is slow changing drifting soundscapes. There is alot of darker ambient
that really touches the core of your soul too- but I don´t know if
it really raises any energy...

There is s german artist called Klaus Wiese, he dose alot of real
meditative deep stuf with tibetan singing bowles. This stuff is far away from any giddy New Age music- this is the real thing to fall in trance to!

there are sound clips from Klaus Wiese on www.cdnow.com

bitsmart

I am also a musician; I compose and produce electronic music in my home studio. As I'm getting close to finishing my first album, my songs are unpolished and need some work, but here's the URL anyway.

www.mp3.com/bitsmart

I'm starting to incorporate vocal harmonics and other frequency specific stuff like binaural beats. Things are about to get reaaaaal interesting.

bitsmart -
information illumination -
bitsmart@bitsmart.org -

Mobius

G,day Bitsmart!

Cool bitsmart,I havn't got MP3 software on this computer,so I'll
have to get on my in-laws computer & have a listen.
When you say "electronic music" do you mean a keyboard,sampler or
downloads off the net? or all of the above?
I've got a keyboard (crappy one) & have downloaded different
mixers,samples & drum machines off the net,but I'm not geared up
for any of that stuff at the moment,but next year I hope to get
into that area as well & do my own relaxation music/meditation music.

Good journeys mate

Mobius

Dog Faced Liar

Tell me about the Tool cd, I have the cd, and what to hear it the way you were talking about. Did you just programme the tracks in a different order if so please share.

davsy007

TO LATERALUS897 Hi!
I'm also very interested in how you can 'programme' lateralus... I ve had some interesting experiences lying down and listening to that album...I find I often seem to drift off but not fall asleep and then return somewhere near the end of the 'journey'. ah yeah, I'm a big tool fan never have any recollection of dreams or anything, just a big blank space.

I also love the way when you sit or lie down to an album how often you can hear the same piece of music in a completely different way, i find a similar parralell to looking at the world. and yes while i enjoy strengthing my mind by cocnentrating on keeping it free of thought there's an equal if not greater pleasure in giving it up to the music.

anyway, how do you programme the CD?
smile
steve

bitsmart

Mobius, here's some basic info on my music:

I take samples with a microphone, from my two synthesizers, from the 'Net, and occasionally from a CD. My musical philosophy focuses on consciousness, information/memes, spirituality, color, textures are really important, harmonics, numbers, binaural beats and a slew of other things.

I do all my sequencing on computer software. This debut album just doesn't want to be finished; I keep going back and tweaking songs that at many stages could have been accepted as finished products. Sigh.

bitsmart -
bitsmart@bitsmart.org -

Mobius

Hey bitsmart!

Sounds like your doing some pretty cool stuff,I hope to do something
similar next year.

Mate I know where your coming from when you say that you keep going back & tweaking things,we are our own worst critique's hey?
We havn't got any computer based recording equipment,just an 8-track
& a 4-track,which gets us up to the mastering stage.
I hope to get Pro-tools next year & get more into digital recording
as most studios we go to uses it now & seems to really speed things
up too.

We stuffed up a bit with our c-d & the original songs got lost in
tweaking too much & striving for perfection,oh well they say that
an experienced person is just someone who has made all the mistakes
& now know what not to do!

Good luck with your music & journeys

Mobius

SteppenWolf

This is a hell of a forum!  I mentioned this a while ago on another forum and hardly anyone knew what I was talking about.

My recommendations which people should be able to download from http://www.audiogalaxy.com or your favourite MP3 site are:
Goldfrapp - Lovely Head
Goldfrapp - Utopia
DIVA Original Soundtrack - Aria From La Wally
(especially at the start)

I have to say I was really surprised how strong the effects of the Goldfrapp tracks were when I initially cranked them up on a good stereo!  Quite a roller-coaster ride...

Also here's an nice one which is especially good if you think you had a past life in 1930s Germany:
http://www.audiogalaxy.com/list/song.php?&g=26190610

Problem of course with recommending classical tracks is it really depends on the version as to whether you get much in the way of energy effects.  The first one where I really noticed it was listening to the hymn "Jerusalem" with William Blake's words - that's really something when you can find a good version.

BTW I'm not surprised about Tool's tracks as I heard they are quite the occultists.  I guess I should check out some of their stuff.
http://pulse.towerrecords.com/contentStory.asp?contentId=67

Cheers!  

Edited by - SteppenWolf on 10 April 2002  03:49:45

Joe

Great thread - I inadvertently began to post on exactly the same topic, then saw this one (doh! I shouldn't be posting when I'm so tired)

I do get greater energy sensations with any music that increases positive emotions. Not really into tranquil "new age", although Enya has some great stuff, but more something with powerful bass or melody. On the slow side, anything by Ennio Morricone (Twin Peaks, The Mission, etc), Enigma, or Enya. For something faster and more visceral, trance is excellent - Gouryella (and the Walhalla mix) by DJ Ferry Corsten is one of the all-time bests. Also DJ Jurgen - Higher and Higher, Sash - With My Own Eyes, Angel Moon - He's all I want, Paul Van Dyk - We are Alive, plus the Warp Brothers for kicks. Just some good tunes for hittin the right emotion and getting that extra rush during NEW.

Edited by - joe on 09 April 2002  14:49:05

Tir13

Thanks for your suggestions, a lot of the song really get the energy flowing...and I find that my energy will react to the structure of the music in odd ways...^_^  It's funny to observe!

Jason

Rob

Nobody has mentioned:
Higher State of Consciousness by Wink!!!!!!
(the originol, not any of the lame mixes, which aren't half as good)
blows my mind!!!!!!!!
Um, Winged Wolf - I knew there was some goth in there somewhere! lol...but Sisters are kinda cool. And metallica.....(drools)
Some songs - hell, lots of songs! - do funny things to my head, in that I think my energies shift match the vibrations of the music, I close my eyes and the music takes over my mind and...everything. The power some music has in it is amazing, which I suppose is one reason I like metal. But music which consistently does it for me, Rancid (currently in love with punk), there is  very cool song called Bruk Out by Rancid and the Buccaneers which I recommend to everyone as because it is so damn cool! I could go on and on and on but will leave it there.....
....I love music.....
(!!!)
btw if anyone out there is planning on going to Glastonbury in England, end of June, I would love to meet some of you guys!

Edited by - inguma on 11 April 2002  03:35:35
(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

DreamSpeak

Above all others, two songs get me high--very high.
Drops of Jupiter by Train, and Semi-charmed life by Third Eye Blind.
I suppose the song types depend on the individual's taste.

DS

SteppenWolf

Hmm - I'm just wondering if I am on off on a slightly different tangent.  Perhaps the tracks I mentioned are more for some sort of "astral massage".  When I listen to them I gets tingles all over and often end up with electrified hair if it's really intense.  But I don't know if they're any good for actually helping raise energy.  

I actually have wondered if there is any value to all this tingling or not...  Seems cool but I can't see how it might be useful.

Joe

Inguma - took a look at Higher State of Consciousness, not a bad track - a bit Warp Brothers. I just heard Seven Cities (Ambient) by Solar Stone today: really cool track for peaceful and emotive reflection...

goku22

Distant bell, I've heard about those Tibetan singing bowls, and I've heard a little sound bite of them once. It'd be so cool to get one of those, because for me at least, a live performance of any sound I like it a million times better than the recorded version.  Ben

lateralus897

For all those who would like to know about "Lateralus," simply program the tracks in this order: 13,6,7,5,8,4,9,3,10,2,11,1,12,13. What it does is it stimulates chakras beginning at the top and working its way down. I'm not sure why, but I know Tool is a very enlightened band, they know a lot more than people give em credit for. It probably has something to do with bass lines and rhythms, maybe even subconscious thought processes... who knows. Get back to me with any results, I'm curious. email: Lateralus897@hotmail.com

bitsmart

Heh, Gouryella, Art of Trance - Madagascar, and Solar Stone - Seven Cities. These three trance tracks are what real trance is all about, a far cry from the off-the-shelf trance that is (unfortunately) all-too-common these days.

We could post for days about music and it's relation to altered states. My advice is just to experiment. Kill the lights, get comfortable, wear headphones, and fall into the music. You won't believe the results you will eventually get.

One example: Pink Floyd, entire albums. Esp. Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, and Atom Heart Mother.

bitsmart -
bitsmart@bitsmart.org -