News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

the Tool video "parabola"

Previous topic - Next topic

alpha

yes I think i remember seeing it,You got to check out the cover of that cd.But you gotta buy it because there is a black casing over it.There is muscular skeleton of a man.Hes got a flame with eyeball.At the heart chkra location.There is a ray of light,upside down funnel like.Going up over his head.Wrapped in what looks like a jagged serpant.

Other eyeball surrounded flame.At the brow chakra and throat.And one on the first to fingers beyond the thumb.Im a big fan.Always have been,always will be

"Parabola"

We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment,
We are choosing to be here right now. Hold on, stay inside
This holy reality, this holy experience.
Choosing to be here in

This body. This body holding me. Be my reminder here that I am not alone in
This body, this body holding me, feeling eternal
All this pain is an illusion.

Alive, I

In this holy reality, in this holy experience. Choosing to be here in

This body. This body holding me. Be my reminder here that I am not alone in
This body, this body holding me, feeling eternal
All this pain is an illusion.

Twirling round with this familiar parable.
Spinning, weaving round each new experience.
Recognize this as a holy gift and celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing.

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment. Remember. we are eternal.
all this pain is an illusion.

What does it mean to you?This is from Lataralus.And I recommend if you like this type of music.They tend to focus more on the negative side of things.But its really how the world is.Ive got all there cds and some other things.I love them all.

-------------------------------
"WAKE UP!WAKEUP!WAKE UP AND LOOK AROUND YOU!WERE LOST IN SPACE AND THE TIME IS OUR HOME"

Woopaching

I adore tool too. I used to meditate to schism a little while back but then moved on. Their video's are very surreal and they don't play into the typical bands "look" or statements. Cheers to expanding views of the world....

Keith

rodentmouse

doesnt  the coiling serpants up through the body mean the kundalini has "awakened"  i think i read it somewhere just like it happens to the guy in the video...
are Tool into spirituality??  i assume by that video they have some understanding that were more than a body,  i  might get into them,  i dont know of any bands that are into  spirituality.

alpha

heres some more thoughts ive been having on tool,after you mentioned this on here.I suddenly know what the whole band is about.Ive been listening to them for a big part in my life.Ive seen how they changed.And ive been going through some of the same.

They are seeking enlightment through their  music.This is what I think.I read an interviewThey said they dont give a chit if people listen to there music or not.Or what they think of it.Their music is for themselves and only them.Something like that.

Thus the name tool.Its their tool.My brother went to one of their concerts.I wish I could of gone.He said 2 of them were climbing out of a hanging cocoon in one of their songs.

It was a more than a few years ago I read that interview..But now I understand everything.Because I am on the same path.Bloody brilliant!Alot of their artwork on their cds.Point to spirituality.And I think your right on the kundalini.Rodent,Ive  read something like that also.

Its just like that in the picture.Its the serpant coiled around the funnel of light coming from the heart chakra.They got to be into this kind of stuff.Listen to their lyrics.They are definetely tapped into a higher source.

"WAKE UP!WAKEUP!WAKE UP AND LOOK AROUND YOU!WERE LOST IN SPACE AND THE TIME IS OUR HOME"

alpha

Something that kind of sucks though,I easily get songs stuck in my head.When I meditate.They will start replaying.So I cant really listen to anything.Especially stuff that I like. http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_sad.gif" border=0> But its not stopping me at this moment.

rodentmouse

i have that problem all the time, but Tools music isnt the most catchy-riff based stuff....

IlmariL

The name of Lateralus' 13th track, 'Faaip De Oiad, is also interesting... if any of you know of Enochian, the language or the magick, 'Faaip De Oiad' means something like Voice of God in enochian language. It obviously means that they are into occult and spiritualism.

Nimzomyth

Tool have really developed as a band.  Progressive and Spiritual.  They really have something to say.  For another spiritual band (although not so agressive) check out Dead can Dance.

Great to here people talking about Tool on Astral Pulse.  Iv'e been trying to tell people about their lyrics ever since Lateralus came out.

alpha

well I got parabola stuck in my head earlier this morning http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_big.gif" border=0>

Too bad I dont have my cable connection anymore.I would like to check that out.Dead can Dance.Looks like im going to be waiting a few more months.

Have any of you heard A Perfect Circle.Maynard from Tool is in the band.I dont really know much about them.But their cd rocks.Lighter than tool though.

Ive got this Disectional cd and dvd set from tool.It has some of their vids from Undertow and aenima.And also a vid from opiate,really cool.If you like their videos you must see them on dvd.The cd has some concert stuff and other songs that were never released.

It caught my eye and I had to have it.Their is also a booklet with all kinds of pics of them,And other freaky pictures. http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>Look around you just might find it.I bought it a year or 2 ago.Not too expensive.

IlmariL

Hehe, A Perfect Circle is good :) the music type is perhaps lighter, but the lyrics definately aren't... And I've seen some Tool videos, they are really interesting, and quite different from what is usually shown on MTV (that doesn't take that much though). And speaking of spiritual and such bands, does anyone know of Fields of the Nephilim? I guess it's kinda old (rumors say they are making a new record though), but the music is good and the lyrics quite interesting. Not that spiritual, but still exciting... well, the name of the band does tell something :)

alpha

yes not the lyrics I agree with you there.http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0> Never heard of them.Im going to write these band you guys mention down.So I can eventually download  some songs from them,when the cable arrives.Try downloading a song on aol and you will go insane.LOL

Poison Ivy

Tool definitely rocks! They are a fave of mine and I do recommend Laterus to anyone who hasn't heard it yet.
Im seeing them live in Sept and looking forward to it.

†Beyond the fear, there is a gate†

Ashfo

Funny you mention parabola!

tool is one of my favorite bands and I've had my closest near-OBE experience by just sitting down and relaxing to their music. But everytime I sit down and relax to tool the relaxation/vibrations peak on parabola! It's incredible... If I start at song 1, 2 or 3 its always parabola....

And your right, I never looked at the lateralas case before, but I know tool are a very "enlightened" band. Did you notice the pentagram-like object behind his head? I wonder what that is symbolic of....

- Ashfo

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"You are First Cause. You are a portion of the great energy. And you, yourselves are thought manifestations of what you think you are."

Ashfo

Hey, if you have the CD take out the slip and have a look! The picture is actually seperated onto 6 different clear plastic "slides". For those without the CD I'll go through them here... then perhaps we can discuss what they symbolise etc.

1st layer (back layer) :A symetrical cross (not sacrificial cross) in which it looks like layers of energy with beads between them are eminating from the 4 points.

2nd layer: The very basic human body with organs etc visible, head is infront of cross on first layer and slight blue light surrounds person.

3rd layer: Brain and body more detailed, looks like an older more developed person than previous image (but same size), stronger blue light around person and a pentagram behind their jaw (makes me think of the area Frank says he "splits" from his body to project)

4th layer: Again looks more devloped, ribcage is there, stronger blue light, circle pentagram-like object behind head. Circle of fire surrounding person goes from shoulder to shoulder.

5th layer: Muscular body more evident, obviously coming closer to skin, nothing else new.

6th layer: various chakras represented by eyes in flame, funnel of light surrounded by spiral of flame comes from above and into heart chakra.

Wow.... incredible that theres so many diff. layers. My thoughts are this... Through the layers the human body "grows" or the pictures move from the inside out...

Any thoughts?

- Ashfo

"You are First Cause. You are a portion of the great energy. And you, yourselves are thought manifestations of what you think you are."

rodentmouse

Sorry im not much into them, ive seen Parabola and a few other videos  but i dont have any of there cd's.  But i plan on getting into them when i get some bread.

Grenade01

My friend took me to a tool concert last week.
jesus
that was insane
Parabola is nothing when you've seen them live
its the trippiest thing ive ever seen
lightning being sparked all over the ceiling like a tesla coil
floating eye things
monitors with all kinds of new age stuff being shown
big giant head things in the backround and these spiraling shimmering eye things
i cant even describe it
Ive been to a lot of trippy concerts and a lot of trippy raves..but tool by far was the craziest thing ive ever seen

[][][] <-- boxes --> [][][]

aussie_swede

Hey all...I have listened to a lot of tool. Not because I was into it but because my ex-girlfriend liked it. I quite like A Perfect Circle but also chose not to listen to them by choice. I hate to crush to bubble here but I want to question the effect that Tool can have on perhaps a negative level. This is happy music or music intended to make people happy. How can one have possitive experiences by listening to the negative...especially when there are references to sodomy and stuff like that(off of an earlier album..maybe aenima). I really admire the band for how they have managed to do their own thing and keep it real but i am just curious. My ex-girlfriend would also have day dream like visions when listening to Tool. She would explain a feeling she would get as a Tool-gasm. Im sure many of you can relate to this feeling. Anyways tell my what you guys think on how or if positive comes from negative..mainly in the older stuff though i think.
cheers
-Steve-

Step outside the square you live in.

Nybster

yes i think they take you into the 'negative' in order that it can be transformed into something positive... the basic idea being that the negative stuff is already in you (your 'shadow'), and if you try to ignore it that's not going to make it go away.. it has to be expressed/experienced somehow.

aussie_swede

Yeah good point..I also experience the sensation when listening to other music. There is almost a comfort in the negative feeling it gives..whats with that?..hmmm

rodentmouse

has anyone seen the video to Parabola by Tool???
theres this amazing sequence at the end where a computer generated man raises energy and becomes "enlightened" ,  you kinda have to see it.  
If anyones seen the video do they know what its about?