can't put my finger on it . . . really

Previous topic - Next topic

greatape

I love the notion that we all have a unique energy system within all of us that if utilized correctly, can produce some results that are not seen everyday, i.e. super feats of strength, psychokinesis, etc. My question is, what exactly is this "energy"? How do I touch it? Okay, I know it's not something you actually touch . . . or is it? Is it akin to how I would flip a switch to allow the flow of electricity to power a light bulb? No, I'm not disagreeing with the existence of this phenomena; I'm just irritated that I can't seem to start experiencing my own kind of cool things.

MisterJingo

Are you talking about the enrgy systems and chakras? If so, there are many who believe such systems themselves are belief systems rather than innate 'energy' structures inherent in all life.
quoting myself from this thread:

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_energy_body_development/reasonable_proof_on_the_existance_of_chakras-t25494.0.html

I don't know of the historic origins of the chakra system, but I see striking similarities between it and other systems such as the Kabala. Both systems have nodes and paths (the kabala can be mapped to the body i.e. the middle pillar) and both map the macro and the micro to each node. The chakra system in the west seems to be moving away from these associations into more of a meditative object.
It seems that such systems map the psyche to specific abstract ideas (nodes), mapping the cosmos to such nodes too and drawing associations between them.
I see this as a tool for spiritual advancement because when the associations between the chakras/nodes and the underlying psychological/physiological is strong enough, working on the chakra system as a visualisation would actually effect change to the associated systems. The mind works well with abstract concepts, and visualisation of energy cleansing and charging chakras would have the intended positive effect on associated part so of the mind and body etc.
In this respect, I see the chakra system as a belief system which one can reinforce to work more easily with areas of the human psych/body on an abstract level, rather than an innate structure in all life.
As alluded to above, it seems the western ideas of chakras in the mainstream are simply chakras being energy nodes without the underlying associations taking place – this will render the system weak at best. Belief might derive some benefits from it, but it's the belief rather than the system doing the work.

There are many systems of belief concerning reality, self and existence, and all or none of them might contain truth. Personal experience, a degree of skepticism (even concerning the interpretation of personal experience), and a willingness to be open minded to avenues which do not match what you want to be true are best utilised when searching for answers.

greatape

Yes, I understand that belief plays the important role of whether or not one will approach this area of work. But is all of this based off the imagination? Do I imagine the energy flowing through me, doing as I want it to do, and it will happen? Will someone please elaborate?

MisterJingo

Quote from: greatape on April 22, 2007, 11:10:41
Yes, I understand that belief plays the important role of whether or not one will approach this area of work. But is all of this based off the imagination? Do I imagine the energy flowing through me, doing as I want it to do, and it will happen? Will someone please elaborate?

If you practice energy raising/developing techniques you will feel what could be interpreted as energy. But one person's energy sensations are another person's increased awareness of natural body sensation being interpreted as energy through desire and belief (such sensations building over time as the belief is reinforced), and yet again this is another person's increased awareness of surface blood flow through the area focused upon, feeling tingly and being interpreted as energy.
Whether this is truly energy or not might not be important, what is important is the reinforced belief that it is. This belief can then be used as a foundation for other beliefs which might trigger natural reserves of the body or mind.
Also, we don't truly know what the imagination is, so yes it might be imagination, but our (basic) understanding of what imagination is might be flawed.
You will meet many people on forums such as these; some will believe totally in energy systems, others won't. Read all areas from the mystical models to the phasing models, and then make your own judgements based upon your own experiences.

Zarklon

Very nice words of wisdom MisterJingo thats a great way to put it.  I find that the more you believe in it , the more powerful the sensations you get for both yourself and the person your trying to get to feel it.  Thats just my personal experiences with this phenomena.. If you want to believe in it .. why not at least try to put some belief in it and experiment for yourself :)
Loving yourself first is the most important step you must take before you can truly love someone else.

Feel free to ask me anything. I'll try to offer advice if I can.

Yahoo IM: Spiritual_guy_19
AIM: ScrotomicBomb

greggkroodsma

You really can't do anything unless you have it in your attention.  There's attention and intention.  What do you intend to do with that that is in your attention.  The concept of everything being part of an energy field is one thing to know but having the power to receive the impulse from the field is another. 
You want to know what the energy is?  The ionic impulses.  Energy itself is ionic.