This may sound dumb, but just what -is- grounding?

Previous topic - Next topic

Mistic-Idan

OK Risu No Kairu.

Don't think your questions are dumbed, Anybody can ask here any question it's a forum and it was created to help everyone.

About energy working, when people talk about energy working that mean - exercises to raise the energy in your body like: Meditation, Visualization, opening the third eye and other chakras and of course focusing.
You can find A great amount of information on the web and also learn from it how to use these special energies.
hmmm... if it's not enough for your question so give me more details and i'll do my best explain you what you need.
Mistic-Idan.
DiAbOLiX

Ceriel N

I think of grounding as centering yourself. For instance, before practicing most martial arts you do something with the specific purpose of focusing on the task at hand (namely practicing). Grounding can thus vary from taking a deep breath to meditating for just a few minutes. You let go of your worries and calm your running mind, telling yourself to concentrate on what you are going to do.

I'm sure there are many other forms of grounding too. Mostly depending on just what it is you're doing.
"We work in the dark - we do what we can- we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion, and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art."
- Henry James

Rob H

I would also like to know more about grounding.

My current understanding is that you activate your base chakra to ground yourself during energy work. I am far from a expert though so I could be a bit off on this.

Nagual

My understanding of grounding is just to bring your energy down to your feet...  The problem with energy raising is that some people don't know how to (or can't) bring it back down; giving problems like headaches and stuff...
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Risu no Kairu

Oh, I see... so, different people use the word "grounding" in different ways... Got it.

Thanks everyone.
I need a signature that isn't stupid. :/

kakkarot

the purpose of grounding is to link yourself to the energy of the planet so that you can either 1) let off extra energy you might have (because many people believe it is bad for your body if you have too much energy), and 2) to take in energy if you are feeling low. basically, you link to the earth and then try to balance the energy in your body so that you have enough for your body to feel ok, not too much or too little.

~kakkarot

samurji

The problem I have with grounding is that when I ground and I am
      finished taking in evergy many people tell you to merge it with
      your energy.
    But when I merge it its like the energy disappears. I can't feel
      the energy anymore.

Risu no Kairu

I mean,I here the term when people are talking about energy work, but I don't quite know what they mean.

:/ Please help me, since you're such good people.
I need a signature that isn't stupid. :/