News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

thought forms (tulpa)

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenris

Hi

Im pretty keen for the topic and possibly have a bit to share but it would be a huge help if you could post some specific questions, maybe you could use the 'funny thing about energy constructs' thread and the deffinitions given there to pick some things you would like to know.

AUS_Chimera

ok this is like the 20th time i have tried this :@ hehehe
ok here is what i wanna know:
1) how do you create and get rid of tulpa
2) how do you control them, or can you? heard some nasty stuff!
3) is it magic or some other thing, ie pyschic or energy (for religious reasons)
4) everything else!!!!!

thanks and cheers!

Tom

There is not much I can add to this, but here it is: they are created inside a circle, they are created in a dark room because light tends to cut through them (in early stages) like bleach through mold, it is the repeated visualization of a single image until it takes on a "life" of its own.

Fenris

Ok I'm new to the term tulpa but it seems there is no difference between a thought form and a tulpa, unless a tulpa is a though form that can be seen with your normal vision? Ill just go on assuming this is the case.

Ok the most fundamental concept behind the creation of a thought form is that the astral or at least the lowest astral plane (I'm fairly confident it goes beyond the real time zone) has no natural form, but is molded by mental and emotional influences from below (in terms of vibratory level – IE physical  world), and other influences from above. The human mind can without any special supernatural skill create change in the astral, this is how 'astral junk' is created. So if you train to focus your intent and can complement this intent with appropriate visulisation (imagination) you can make a change in the astral that is more well defined. To simplify the more you concentrate on a particular thing and the more detailed you picture it to be, the stronger the corresponding change in the astral will be. So consider this as just new law of physics, it is a natural and common thing.

Secondly there is no limit to the complexity of the form created in the astral. But obviously according to the rule stated above, to make a complex aspect of the form well defined and functioning a proportional amount of concentration and contemplation must be applied. So that's the basic theory of how you make a thought form. The basic practice of making a thought form varies between sources. But obviously they all involve concentrating on the form. Some people consider it a magical act and say it must be done inside a circle perhaps for you own safety. More on circles later. To move onto how to get rid of one. Now because a thought form can be as complex as you like in terms of both appearance and function it is easy enough to 'program' the thought form to cease to exist at a certain time. However over time thought forms continue to gain power and definition, if you leave the time of death for your thought form too late and the amount of focus you put into the self termination function was not adequate the thought form might not stop existing. So at first don't keep them around for overly long, and definitely read more on this before attempting it. Thought forms not held within rigid well defined guidelines of function may become 'aware' as they gain power, this is potentially bad. An aware thought form is harder to get rid of, because with awareness comes self preservation, and even the wanting to feed. Your connection to it makes your energy a good place to start as it moves away from the energy provided by your thoughts and belief in it.

Wards – A ward is simply a thought form bound to a physical object, this object can be its source of energy. One could destroy this physical object when they chose to terminate the thought form as a means of reinforcing in ones own mind (the most important factor) that the thought form is gone.

Now to make a thought form you can actually physically see takes a lot and I really do mean a lot of effort. I'm talking meditating on it at length day after day. Usually this is done by attempting to manifest it under the conditions Tom mentioned, out of light and from what I've read a magic circle is created not around you but to manifest the form within. By the time you have created a form strong enough to manifest like this you had most certainly hope that its limitations are clearly defined. Dion Fortunes Wolf and the story of the Monk on the page you posted being famous examples. Aware forms need to be forcibly destroyed by taking them into yourself, a very dangerous and complex process only for an advanced practitioner.

Whether this is magic or not is a matter of opinion really and not as important as the mechanics of the process, maybe this is something best answered yourself.  

Please ask more questions if you like

Best Regards
David

Tom

The normal procedure is to manifest a tulpa who will be a teacher and protector. At some point it becomes strong enough and independent enough to bring out of the circle it is created in and into full daylight. There is a further purpose for it, though. Because it was created mentally and then made to be as real as the objects and people of ordinary day to day existence, it is supposed to introduce the concept that all appearances are created by the mind.

jilola

This parallels the concept of servitor in chaos magick. Haven't really tried but I feel I have enough experience to give this bit of advise:

When you create or call forth entities, be it an evocation or invocation, always set a clear limit to their time in existence. What you do not want is a persona in your head that refuses to leave.

2cents & L&L
jouni

AUS_Chimera

Thanks for the help people :D, ok well naturally due to all the new information in my mind (how exciting :D), i guess i wanna know some more things and although some may seem obvious, i don't apologise for asking! ok here it goes:
1) what do you make the circles with (rope, anything????)
2) can thought forms actually complete tasks i.e gaurding a home etc?
3) once a thought form becomes visable can others see it (i am, pretty sure i can but i may as well re-enforce it) and can they pyshicaly touch things (i don't want it biting someones head off ;)
4) how do you bind them to objects, meditate on them, and make them only exist for a period of time?
thanks for everyones help! :D

Fenris

1. Just do a web search on magic circles, you will find plenty.
2. Yes, the possibilities are endless as I described in my last post.
3. Another person seeing it would depend on their sensitivity, but there is no reason I'm aware of that it isn't possible to make one everyone can see. However I cant stress enough that I would not get worked up on creating a thought form that can be seen without experimenting with and mastering simpler forms first. Anyone can put in the work to make a visible thought form, dealing with the possible consequences requires a degree of skill and knowledge. The creation of a tangible creature that is just as physically real as you or me can not be achieved by any person I am aware of. But trying can sure as hell be a short road to a list of things including psychiatric illness. I'm trying to get across the point of learn to crawl before you try walking because the dangers are real here.
4. I covered how to set a time limit to their existence in my last post, meditating on them can be covered by the blanket of crawling before walking and they are bound to objects by using an object representing them or their function, charging this object and using your intent to make the thought form linked to the object. You make the charged object before you make the thought form. Forgive me for being blunt but a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing, a lot of study and hard work goes into occult practice. While sometimes its fine to give people everything they need, in other areas it would be negligent to do so. Most of my knowledge in the area comes from books, if you struggle to find quality online information please feel free to ask for help in finding decent study information.

regards
David

Tom

It is true that the circle is to contain the tulpa initially. Traditionally these are very frightening in appearance and only created for the very specific purpose of challenging the reality of conventional appearances. No, there is nothing unusual about developing these to the point of becoming visible to other people. That is part of why it is done.

Mad Emperor

Greetings friends.  I have heard about the "tulpa" and thought forms, and the information usually describes the user's ability of using the mind to create and command "incorporeal" entities by the methods like vizualization.  I understand and believe this. What I don't understand, is how is it possible? By saying this, I mean, what is the functionality of this process of creating this entities, or for example, how come can one make and bring to existence this type of beings, since this process only takes place on the brain. How can an internal process affect external objects? Is the brain somehow connected to objects and solids thru a unvisible force that connects all things? This is what I would like to find out, and if there is any of you that happens to know the answers to my questions, please let me know, because this topic is very interesting. I would thank you very much.

AUS_Chimera

Ok people i am a newb (so don't give me crap if i posted this in the wrong area!) and i was wondering about thought forms and tulpa as they were stated in "the funny thing about energy constructs" by fat turkey... and as was stated all that i could find on it was this link http://www.tulpa.com/explain/alexandra.html. so since i am an info junkie, if anyone knows anything about thought forms, and that is anything... please share it with the rest of the class!
cheers for helping,[:D]
AUS_Chimera