News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Tummo Reiki attunements

Previous topic - Next topic

Tir13

Right on!  This is exactly the kind of attitude people need to start developing...blah blah blah.  Okay, *removes soap box* I'm done.

^_^

Ciao,
Jason

cainam_nazier

I do not know what reiki is.  Can you give me the jist of it?  And what would an attunement would do for a person?

"If knowledge is power then I need alot of help!"

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com

edguidry

I would recommend going to the site www.kundalini-reiki.net. This is not my site, but it explains what the whole thing is. Basically reiki is a form of energy, it is supposed to be universal energy that you can channel through you and to other people and objects once you are "attuned" to it. The attunement process takes energy and clears out passages and blockages through the body so it can channel through you. It is supposed to be helpful in healing yourself and others.
I have always felt that attunements should be free, but others charge for this. I was also convinced that I was right, seeing how Robert Bruce has shared the results of what seems like a lot of time and research for free on this website. Energy and healing should be free.

cainam_nazier

So some one else has to get you started on this.  It's not like the NEW system were you can just reading and follow instructions?  Interesting.  So how does one go about getting an attunement?  one more. Can/do/ did you feel the difference before and after the attunment?

David Rogalski

dido

Hi David
I'm a Reiki master and I can be of some help.
Reiki is an ancient healing art that came from Japan. During the recent decades it has taken many different forms, and it is very difficult to tell if one is better than the others. I think it is just a matter of feelings.
To become a Reiki practitioner, and learn how to give Reiki treatments to yourself and others, you have to attend a class and to receive the Reiki initiation from a Reiki Master. In my form, we use the word 'initiation' instead of the more usual 'attunement', because in my opinion this is what actually it is! You NEED another person doing this to you in order to have the ability to channel Reiki energy. The New Age movement actually prefers 'attunement' because it is less a problematic word. But, in my opinion, it is not very correct.
We give a great value to Reiki and we try to practice it every day. Because of this value, we don't give it free. If someone pays for attending the class, we are reasonably sure that he/she REALLY wants Reiki. We are, anyway, always free to give a Reiki initiation as a gift, if we feel it's the right thing to do. We follow the 'oral tradition', that means that there must be a direct contact between a Master and a student.
The only advice I can give you, if you want to take Reiki, is to speak with as many Reiki Masters you can, asking some of their students to give you a full body treatment and then let your intuition and feelings help you make the choice. A good Reiki treatment makes you feel real well!
About your last question: I have felt a BIG difference before and after my initiation and my students too.

dido

Hi edguidry
I teach a form of Reiki that seems quite different from yours.
I would like to know more about your form. If you want to explain it to me, and discuss the differencies,  you can use my e-mail didus@dada.it
Ciao
Dido

Tom

When I went to the book store and saw Robert Bruce's book, I knew I had to have it. Naturally the book store was not in the habit of giving books away for free. Then I read how to do NEW and got started immediately. Did I begin doing NEW because the publisher wanted money for printing the book? Did I begin doing NEW because the book store wanted money for putting the book on the shelf? Did I do NEW because I thought it would be nice for Robert Bruce to be paid for the effort of writing the book and before that for creating NEW? Maybe I needed to pay the people who taught Robert Bruce to read and write? Who grew the trees of which the paper was made? What about the ink and glue? So now I'm doing NEW, having read it in a book. This is for my own benefit. If someone wants for me to share the energy I've gained by doing NEW, do I take money for it so the person can acknowledge the value of my time and effort which had been mostly for my own benefit? Will they ignore the time and effort I put into doing NEW for myself if I do not take their money? Will they not follow my example by learning to do NEW for themselves if they do not have to pay? You see, if I take money to make people see how valuable NEW is, I take value away from Robert Bruce and everyone who was involved in putting his book into my hands.

Dr. Usui said that reiki requires an exchange of energy. This means that the student and the master are of equal importance. If one or the other is not participating, there is no attunement. The master can only show the student. The student must still act for the reiki to be fully passed on. Money is not energy. The wealthiest student must still find a master and pay attention.

cainam_nazier

Tom,

I understand the point that was being made there.  But I also understand what dido was saying as well.  The current "paying" for services or classes is due largly to our current sociaty were a person requires money to servive.  But it is mirly a slight warping of an old tradition.
   It used to be that a person did not actually use money to pay for such lessons.  This also was also true for martial arts and almost any other taught skill.  But instead the student would bring gifts or repay his teacher with services.  It was/is custom for the student to show graditude and devotionto the teacher.  
   If we were not so heavily dependant on hard currency then things would be different.  My brother-in-law teaches martial arts as a hobby, and because of such the monitary amount that he requires from his select students is usually only enough to pay for his gas money when metting them at various locations.  But for me since there is the relation there I do not actually pay money.  Instead between him and I we stick to tradition and I occationally bring him gifts or do things for him.  But also regaurdless of the relation he is my teacher and that respect remains and only serves to stregthen our bond.

"I had a  duck once....But I lost him."

David Rogalski

Tom

A friend of mine quit his job and went back to college to finish his degree. It was a big gamble financially and I was concerned about his ability to get money to buy food. For this reason, I suggested to him that maybe he should take money for reiki. It is not that I think money is a bad thing. What I object to is the idea of not sharing if not given money regardless of circumstances. It is not a flow of money which triggers a flow of energy from the teacher to the student.

Tom

It seemed like a good idea to revive this thread. Edguidry, I hope you are still watching this board. You have been busy. It would also be good to see people who have received kundalini reiki attunements (1-3) offering to give them. Me, for example. I have received the kundalini reiki attunements and will be happy to share them.

A-M

Hi Tom,
I read the above and up to a point I do agree with you on the asking-money-for-reiki-subject, but there is another side to all this, that I would like to mention. In the discussion the focus was mainly on the 'supplier': should he or she give the attunements for free.
But look at it from the 'demander' point of view. In general,  people have a tendency to take more than they give; material and non-material.  However, for a balanced universe it is important that the process of giving and taking is balanced too.

Based on this, it is said that healing works better if you give something back ('ít is in giving that you receive'). Which doesn't have to be money to the healer, but it can also be passing on the healing to someone else, e.g.
Personally I like this thought.
Of course it would be nicer if people volunteered 'returns', but unfortunately a lot of people need to be 'helped' with this......

All this doesn't mean I think you should never give something for free!
You and Edguidry mean well, and if more people thought like the two of you, then I would hate this world a lot less!
It's just that I wanted to balance the discussion with another way of  looking at it.

A-M

ps  how's your mole?  http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Tom

The mole is still there and so is the ink.

When I give attunements to other people and they use it it is like having several of me doing reiki at the same time. I want to give reiki to other people so that more reiki will be done. What bothers me is giving reiki attunements to people and then that they will not use it. It is not really possible to avoid using reiki after being attuned. It becomes automatic. It is better when used consciously, but it cannot be completely neglected. Yes, this is a price which I can say I charge for reiki.

Actually, I find that reiki does more good for me when I send it to other people. Attuning other people increases the effectiveness of my reiki on myself. It really is better to give than to receive, even if the receiving (attunements) does have to come first.

KP

I just paid to get attuned for 1,2 and 3 at //www.kundalini-reiki.net.  It's a shame that I missed this post, but in another way, i'm happy to pay for something so valuable.
When I get level 3 (Friday 23rd August), i'll be happy to give free attunements & distance healing sessions

E-mail me at tom@prawny.com if anyone is interested.  Soon I will be setting up a website, offering free Kundalini Reiki treatments and attunements as well as an up to date diary and personal information about my mystical/psychic experiences (not much experience right now, but i'm growing).

Tom

The person who runs the web site ( http://www.kundalini-reiki.net ) would like to be able to offer the attunements at no cost, but the truth is that the money really does help. That is why I try to send people to that web site instead of just offering to give away all the attunements. I'm planning to get the last of what is offered soon, the set kundalini reiki 7-9. Edguidry gave me kundalini reiki 1-3 and that was enough to convince me to buy the rest.

A-M

How does a 'distant' attunement work?
How will you know how  to use reiki yourself after having had the attunement?
I'm really interested in reiki, but I feel some fear of the unknown.....as Tom stated: once you are initiated you cannot NOT use it !?
A-M

Tom

Fear of the unknown? Don't you mean fear of what you suspect might happen? If you don't know what to expect, you cannot be afraid of it. It is only when you have some sort of guess that you have something to be afraid of. About 11 years ago I was hit by a car. If I had known or suspected or guessed when leaving home that day that I was going to spend a week hospitalized before returning home, I would have been scared to go out. The car was unknown to me so I could not have the sense to be afraid of it.

An attunement causes changes in the energy system of the person being attuned, so that the energy can be drawn in automatically as needed. It is by actively using the energy, which becomes familiar over time, that more energy is drawn in to replace what is used. Giving the energy to other people also causes more energy to be drawn in.

The process of doing an attunement at a distance is similar to the process of sending energy at a distance. It is actually a variation on the process. It works more strongly than an attunement in person. Actually, the kundalini reiki system seems only to work with at a distance methods.

A-M

That's very clever reasoning (about the fear of the unknown).
Does reiki do that for one too? I could use some of that!  http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>
I'm surprised that distant attunement works better than in person. In pranic healing it is the other way around....
I take reiki seriously and was therefore hesitant (in retrospect an better word than fearful) about getting it from someone you don't know and without even meeting in person.
The way you all talk about it, it sounds as easy as ordering a book or something from the internet (no offence meant!).
However, I do feel I'm ready for this next step in my spiritual development....
I'm going to sleep on this one.
Thanks for explaining to patiently!

A-M

Tom

It is as easy as ordering a book or a box of chocolates on the internet. Usually people are advised to find people whom they think they are in accordance with before accepting reiki or attunements or other healing with energy. I don't bother. Instead, I will just ask people for what they have to offer and accept it with gratitude. This approach has been very helpful.

Tia

Kundalini Reiki is about raising the Kundalini?  According to Robert Bruce, not an easy thing to do and not something I would ever want to do.

I dont know much about Reiki but I never heard that awakening the Kundalini had anything to do with it.

Svenson

What about the claims of acheiving kundalini, just by receiving the attunments?  That seems to go against everything I've heard, but I have no direct experience with this, so I'm hoping you'll share your opinion.  I am receiving the free first attunment tonight, just to see what I experience, if anything.  I already have level 1 usui attunments, which I received in person, and had such a great experience that I am curious how the remote attunments will compare...

-Svenson

dido

Hi Svenson
please, let us know what you felt receiving a distant attunement. I'm curious.
Thanks

ralphm

I am interested, however I was wondering where you recieved your initiations from. I took levels 1 and 2 in the early 80's from a master that was taught directly from Ms. Takata. I did the third level  a few years ago and the 'master' teaching us was doing the choku ray  backwards! I don't think that it was changed, but that the proliferation of masters somehow altered the flow of information. I say this so that people can seek out the real reiki tradition. Also remember that the intent to heal is powerful and we don't "need" initiation.

In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

Tom

It has taken a few years, but the thing which keeps repeating itself for me is that raising and using energy are a lot simpler than I had been making them. Several times this year I found that I had been still complicating things more than they had to be. The best way to do reiki is to stay out of the way and let it. Sure, you can still be very precise and specific as to how the energy should be directed, but once it is directed it is best not to stand directly in its path. As to symbols, a lot of teachers have deliberately modified them when teaching them to their students. This thread is not about usui reiki. The kundalini reiki system was started by someone in Denmark (his name is Ole) and taught to John Hicks in New Zealand. John is the one who runs the web site http://www.kundalini-reiki.net and he is the one who taught Edguidry. When I learned the kundalini reiki system, my usui reiki became stronger and easier to use. It has also made NEW easier. I hope everyone understands that my purpose is not to try to sell anything or to convince anyone. My purpose is to report my findings. It would be a waste of time to try to change anyone's mind about kundalini reiki as I have learned it.

clandestino

hi, I've got a very limited understanding of the reiki energy concept, but it all sounds good to me - so edguiry, if its ok, I'll e-mail you later to set up some times for the attunement ?

There is one thing I'm curious about . I flicked through a book on reiki at the weekend to get some understanding of it all. I read that it was started by a Japanese doctor I think ? he took his technique to Hawaii, and passed on what he learnt to approx 20 pupils...who passed on what they learnt...and so on....and so on..

The thing is, as Dido says above, you need to get a reiki initiation or attunement from a reiki master before you can have this energy.....If this is the case, then how did the Japanese guy learn all about it  ? I thought that he taught himself, can't we all do this ??
thanks in advance
Mark

I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

clandestino

sorry folks - I've just been scanning through the thread above. The Japanese guy that I read about was called Dr. Usui, is that correct ?

I'll Name You The Flame That Cries