Why breathing is one of thee most OP techniques

Previous topic - Next topic

Karxx Gxx

We know how to breath so it is simple and reliable.
You become more "heart centered" naturally. The space where you can connect to the higher vibrations. ; You become less reactive and tangled in lower vibrations
You naturally let go.
You naturally become more aware, and awareness is one of thee most powerful concepts of all creation.
You become more self aware which is a catalyst to change and realizations
You practice with masculine energy/intent. For those who are passive, tis a good practice to exercise the other side of yourself
Funny enough, for those who are feel you use too much masculine effort like energy, this is a great balance to become in a lower effort receiving state. Ties into letting go
Similar to dancing, you can breath how you want and feel your own tune.
Probably some scientific health benefits
People use it here to AP. It works imo because you wont get too distracted with your thoughts. You have enough intent to be alert, yet be relaxed enough to let your senses relax and be swooped into another place.

For something so simple, it really does a lot.

Edit: OP = overpowered. Gamer lingo  :wink:

Your way is The way

PerspectiveShift

I haven't really given breathing techniques a significant practice myself. What is an example of a good breathing technique that you use? Where do you focus when you focus on your breath? Do you visualize at all or is it more of concentrating on the feeling of the breath?

Also how do you incorporate it into AP? Do you do this meditation before bed, or do the WBTB method and then do the technique? Im interested in your methodology.

Thanks!

P.S. In my daily meditations I do a combination of exercises, but my favourite one (probably because I've practiced it the most) is gazing at the black screen in front of my eyes and clearing my mind to approach nothingness as much as possible. I'm not so sure if my approach promotes AP though as I've been doing the black screen meditation for quite a long time. I started about a month ago incorporating other meditations into my practice as I'm following a self-initiation study that I recently began.
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Nameless

Glad you brought this up KG. I agree with you and breathing is probably the most overlooked area in this practice. As for the health benefits they are numerous.

One of the easiest meditations for anyone wanting to give breathwork a try is to simply breath in and out and count each breath. You can count on the inhale or the exhale just stick to doing it the same. Keep breathing, keep counting. Don't stop counting as it is the counting that helps you 'let go' as you focus on the next breath. This takes your mind off what you 'think' you should be doing and just allowing it to do what it wants to do which is always in alignment with what you need.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Karxx Gxx

QuoteI haven't really given breathing techniques a significant practice myself. What is an example of a good breathing technique that you use? Where do you focus when you focus on your breath? Do you visualize at all or is it more of concentrating on the feeling of the breath?

Also how do you incorporate it into AP? Do you do this meditation before bed, or do the WBTB method and then do the technique? Im interested in your methodology.

I dont do any techniques or anything at the moment. Just something I have discovered in my journey. If i decide to breath, it is only because I actually enjoy how I feel doing it. No end game. And I RARELY do it. Only typing this now since all this talk is making me naturally want to breath.

One of the problems I found with techniques (applies to breathing) is the mental aspect of what is right and wrong. What is best and not best. How long, through nose or mouth, do I hold in between, blah blah blah. Not discounting the questioning, but ultimately it can only get you so far until you find your own way that you enjoy or works for you. I suggest to breath how you want or what is most enjoyable. And that may be finding out what is the best, who knows.

Simply practicing with the only intent to breath and naturally progress from there however You like.

For AP, in general focus and alertness is a tool used to not drift away. However it is used doesnt generally matter. Intent automatically takes some focus, but it can be increased. And you can focus on details, which then it becomes easier to not drift away. Such as the flow of your breath. It can be whatever. Colors, energy, chakra, purple turtles, counting as Namless suggested . Literally whatever. And you might be thinking more alert/focus is the best so therefore ill do x. It might not be for you. Perhaps you specifically would fare better, for whatever reasons, to imagine you are in Jurassic park teaching hippos how to climb all the while breathing. Or perhaps you ditch the breathing.
Namlesss suggestion is a good starting point if you are driven by the logic more focus/alertness/relaxation = higher probabilty for AP.  But then again, you could hypothetically be more focus and relax cutting onions. idk

Find your own way, eventually , whatever that means. For it is the best way for you.
Your way is The way

PerspectiveShift

Thank you for your input Karxx and Nameless. I will definitely incorporate this into my practices. I find I do typically like more logical approaches like counting, etc. Using creative imagination is a lot harder for me, even though, I still practice visualization frequently to improve this skill. I appreciate you bringing up this topic!
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Kodemaster

Mindfulness meditation seems to help me get grounded. Deep breathing from the belly is sometimes incorporated, and can be done on its own. Both help relax the body.
JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!