News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

heal my depression

Previous topic - Next topic

lily moonsong

Most people don't know why i'm depressed, and don't think I should be.  But I am.  And i'm not a good help to them, if I feel this way.  If I felt happier, I could be a better friend to them instead of moping around a lot.  In the past month, I drove to my ex-bf's house and waited for him to get in his car so I could drive into him kamakazi style, and kill us both.  Luckily he was out of town the first time I came, and he was with his new gf for 3 days the second time I came, and I never saw him.  Or else, I might not be here.  My friend says that it isn't normal for me to want to kill an ex and kill myself.  Most people think i'm pretty happy.  But on the inside I'm not happy at all.  This is why I don't sociate with many people.  But I'm blabbing now.

This is my request for you to send me positive energy and heal my depression.

Principle

You must convert your own negative energy, and thoughts into positivity.

alien4life

Lily i can feel you there hun.  though i've never had a lover or someone i dearly loved my whole life but i can tell you it hurts to lose someone you dearly loved.  i have lots of friends who've been through breakups and their depressions made me sad too.  i wanted them to smile and laugh like they always did.  but it takes time to heal and i hope you will soon get better. :-)

i have been depressed ever since i can remember.  and the reason i am depressed is because i was not just molested as a child and teenager but i was physically and verbally abused by my mom through out my childhood.  when i turned into a teen she stopped the physical abuse but the verbal abuse continued.

and recently my dad had started to verbally abuse me.  and no neither my mom or dad do drugs or alcohol.  the reasons i think they did and do it is because unlike all my cousins (female ones from both mom and dad's sides) are 10 times prettier than me.  i can tell they are embarrassed of me being a below average looking girl.  they always compare me to other girls and tell me that with these looks of mine i am nothing and i will be nothing all my life.

there isn't a day when i dont think of dying.  it hurts a lot that they say nasty things to me and they they never never realize how much they are hurting me.  i guess i'll have to live with it.

so my question is, is there anyway i can block out the negativity?  or is death my only answer for peace?

lily moonsong

doing the lbrp twice a day helped me.

also, you can buy an obsidian egg, and visualize it absorbing negative energy. cleanse it every new moon.

taking regular ritual baths with salt, and roseoil or something like that helps. 

meditating regularly within a circle of white candles, and calming music, while calling on angels and guides to surround you with love and heal you, will also help.

u could also give yourself your own therapy.  write down reasons you feel sad, and then listen to the inner voice that sounds sensible and logical.  listen to hte voice that you usually ignore and disagree with... let it give you advice on how to make yoursle happier.  it's usually stuff you don't feel like doing, but deep down you will know that it is best for you.

finally, if people are making you feel bad about yourself, maybe you shouldn't associate with them.  you should hang around people who boost your positive energy and make you more resilient.

later on, you can figure out what you want to do to those horrible people that say those nasty things about you..... :evil:

DH

A few times I have fallen into depressions that seemed like black holes.  The usual meditation with positive imaging simply didn't work.  Sometimes I couldn't even get motivated to try.  The only thing that pulled me out was when I had the good sense to ask some people who believed in the power of prayer to intercede for me.  They did and it helped.

My prayers are with the two of you who have shared your depression on this thread.  I am focussing on you.  Blessings, DH
God created the Universe for His 7th grade science project -- and got a C.     - Swami Beyondananda

lily moonsong

Is that why my day went so well today?  Did you do that?  Thank you!  hehe.

I went to my photographer's house, and we shot some photos.  WE watched a movie and ate popcorn too, and I had some wine.  I had a blast today.  I'm in a good mood, because he made me look all pwetty!  ^_^.

Thanks for the prayer... if I stay this happy for longer than tonight.. I will pray for some people on this thread as well... ^_^.

DH

Can't say that I did that, but positive vibes are never wasted!  Hope you are still feeling better.  Keep focussed on the positive and give the negative a rest.  Blessings, DH
God created the Universe for His 7th grade science project -- and got a C.     - Swami Beyondananda

alien4life

hey DH thanks for the prayers but i guess happiness is a long way from me.  or maybe i'm not destined to be happy at all.  god has always hated me from the very beginning.  :lol:

im thinking of doing two things:  commit suicide or runaway

is there any shelter anyone is familiar within the Virginia area?  i'm willing to work and help pay for electricity, water, and food bills!  please let me know. :-)

i've tried suicide but it think its time i give the runaway idea a try :evil:

DH

Quote from: alien4life on January 27, 2007, 14:17:58
hey DH thanks for the prayers but i guess happiness is a long way from me.  or maybe i'm not destined to be happy at all.  god has always hated me from the very beginning.  :lol:

im thinking of doing two things:  commit suicide or runaway

is there any shelter anyone is familiar within the Virginia area?  i'm willing to work and help pay for electricity, water, and food bills!  please let me know. :-)

i've tried suicide but it think its time i give the runaway idea a try :evil:

Sorry, I don't know the Virginia area.  I also don't think you are destined to be unhappy --  unlesss you really believe you are.  I also vote for the runaway idea over suicide; but better yet, do you have a friend with some wisdom you could talk to?   That would probably be the place to start.  My prayers are still with you.  DH   :-)

gillian

A few of my family members have suffered from depression for most of their life and tried various things.  I've had good results with pranic healing for other stuff but it didn't seem to work so well with long term depression(for me at least). 

There's been a bit of a campaign in Australia for the last few years because apparently we have a lot of people on anti-depressants.  My dad ended up going through this group www.lifemasteryonline.com  mainly because they offer a 1 year money back guarantee if not cured.  They're Australian based so don't know if they sell o/s but I'd assume they would.  FWIW, my pa raved about it.  Hope that helps.

Gandalf

For those who think that by killing themselves they will end their problems: I'm afraid you are in for a big shock.

Whatever issues you have here, you will still have them over there when you transition, and you will still have to deal with them. That is the reality. You may wish just to 'end it all', but the concept of  'ending it all' is just a fallacy of our materialist society. You won't 'end it all'. *You will still be you* and you will still have to work through your emotional problems. There is no escape I am afraid. The astral is full of people who thought they had escaped their emotional problems by ending their physical lives. In the end they still have to deal with their problems, and help, while available, is by no means easier to come by as people can get so wrapped up in their own emotional mess that those from the outside find it very difficult to get through to them.

Your best chance of help is actually here and now. I'm sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear, but take it from me, that's the reality.
"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

DH

Well said Gandalf.  Now is the time to get things worked out.  Whatever we don't deal with follows us in many ways, including into the next life.  Suicide only causes more confusion for those who do it.  Somone I know who attempted but only had a NDE has testified to that.  DH

Principle

Quote from: Gandalf on February 04, 2007, 16:40:50
For those who think that by killing themselves they will end their problems: I'm afraid you are in for a big shock.

Whatever issues you have here, you will still have them over there when you transition, and you will still have to deal with them. That is the reality. You may wish just to 'end it all', but the concept of  'ending it all' is just a fallacy of our materialist society. You won't 'end it all'. *You will still be you* and you will still have to work through your emotional problems. There is no escape I am afraid. The astral is full of people who thought they had escaped their emotional problems by ending their physical lives. In the end they still have to deal with their problems, and help, while available, is by no means easier to come by as people can get so wrapped up in their own emotional mess that those from the outside find it very difficult to get through to them.

Your best chance of help is actually here and now. I'm sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear, but take it from me, that's the reality.

That if individuals that have committed suicide even reach the Astral Realm, There are lower realms, those lower than the materialistic world. Not to mention if you create your own solitary, dark existance after death, believing there is nothing except the darkness you are consumed by.

bronzebow

I don't think I've met any suicides in the Astral, but a few times when I had unintentionally projected into lower planes I have met very confused and troubled spirits that "felt" like suicides.  This is just my opinion but from my experiences consciousness is capable of more clarity to deal with things here than in the lower planes.  It feels like the mind is moving through clay and mud in those planes.  Being surrounded by that and other energies in despair and anguish would make finding a solution to depression in that place extremely difficult I think.  Finding help in a place like that?  The little help that MAY be able is few and far between and their goals don't seem to be helping people cure depression.  Contrast that to finding a solution here in the physical and I know what I would choose. 

lily moonsong

The reason people get depressed is because 'THE EARTH SUCKS.'  We're missing where we came from, we know we came from a better place and got sent to this hell.  People on earth as a collective whole are the reason the earth is the way it is.  We have rich people all over america, yet they choose to live in a 5 story house, with their own movie theater, rather than help a starving child in africa get an education, food, and medical care. 

What adolf hitler did, wasn't his fault... as much as it was our fault for listening to him, and following him.  He couldn't have done what he did on his own.  There were people who helped him.

The earth isn't the way it is just because it is that way.  Humans make the earth the way it is, by the education we provide, the food we sell, the drugs we sell, the stuff we play on the media. 

Until humans are ready to make a difference in the world, there will continue to be cases of suicide and depression.  I see it as a wake-up call.

Gandalf

Lily:

Yes, but don't think by 'ending' it you will solve your problems, because you won't. You will still have to work out your emotional problems there. Nothing is solved.

The whole concept of 'suicide' in the physical world ultimately revolves around the idea that A) things will be somehow better over there, or B) everything ends.

The truth is, B: it doesnt 'end', you will still be you with all the same emotional problems you have now

and A: its true that there are 'better' places but you won't find them as your emotional state will be too mixed up. Your energies will not be compatible with the 'better places' you seek. *Like attracts like* in the astral, so what will happen is that you will transition and end up in some dismal suroundings fueled by your own depressive emotional state and find it populated by lots of other dismally depressed individuals. Hardly sounds like the ideal place for emotional stimulation to me.

Yes, people WILL be on hand to help you, that's the good news. So at some point you will either help yourself or someone else will help you to get out of it, but there is no telling how long this will take.
You see, it is not always so easy for other people to get through to you when you are so wrapped up in your emotional mess.

In the physical, it is easier as your suroundings stay constant. In the astral, thought = action and you will be wrapped up in suroundings fuelled by your own emotional energy

Feel free to ignore me but I guarantee you will regret taking your own physical life.

bronzebow

^^what Gandalf said

and also:

there is the perspective that depression exists because "the earth sucks" but there is also the reason that people haven't trained their body and mind to respond to these external stimulations with emotions other than depression, despair etc.  I'm sorry but I don't believe that helping or caring about world suffering and depression need to go hand in hand at all.  I know may people who are very pro-active in world causes and who also support their own well being.  I also have met and worked with many people in developing countries that despite being malnourished and sick are extremely positive and have a strong spirit.  Their living example of finding real love, compassion and support in the face of life's suffering is something that I will always respect and remember.   

Depression and despair does not help the fact that people are suffering in third world countries.  These energies just add to the suffering.  The planet benefits when we acknowledge the pain and suffering and yet choose to do something constructive and supportive about it.  There are solutions to helping heal depression, but you have to make the choice to want to heal first.         

DH

Quote from: bronzebow on February 05, 2007, 22:31:14
I know may people who are very pro-active in world causes and who also support their own well being.  I also have met and worked with many people in developing countries that despite being malnourished and sick are extremely positive and have a strong spirit.  Their living example of finding real love, compassion and support in the face of life's suffering is something that I will always respect and remember.   

Depression and despair does not help the fact that people are suffering in third world countries.  These energies just add to the suffering.  The planet benefits when we acknowledge the pain and suffering and yet choose to do something constructive and supportive about it.  There are solutions to helping heal depression, but you have to make the choice to want to heal first.         

Yes, right on! 

I've worked in Bolivia, one of the poorest countries in the world, on a medical team that had permission from the government to go into the more remote areas to set up temporary medical clinics.  At first I was feeling pretty good, probably condescending, about our "good deeds" for these "poor miserable people".  To my surprise, while they were all poor, a good number of them were not miserable.  I was humbled by the positive spirit I found in so many people.  In fact, I found that those who had faith in the goodness of the Universe were the ones who managed to to be happy and have what they needed to be fulfilled.  This "goodness" was expressed in vastly different ways:  some were into native shammanic practices, some were Christians, but the common denominator was faith in God (however conceived) and carring for each other.  We even came across some physical healings that happened beyond what we could do to help with medical science.  The contexts for these healings were both native practices and Christian prayer, but again, faith in a higher power was the common denominator.

There is a lot of suffering in the world, but the collective consciousness of humankind still leans to love and sharing -- otherwise -- IMHO -- we would have imploded into complete evil and chaos long ago.  All of the positive things that we do now add both to the common good and to our individual destinies.  Like does attract like.  Everything we do matters for good or for ill.  DH

Gandalf

Right on, both of you!

Ultimately the crucial factor is how you react to the world around you, not the state of the world itself.

WANDERLEI

To those who say that when you have emotional problems/depression on earth  you will as well  in the afterlife i have a question.Assuming that you are right as depression/biopolar disorder etc.. is caused by our physical brain and chemicals in it(according to doctors at least),once we leave our physical body where is that depression and the chaos in our mind(brain) coming from?

DH

Quote from: WANDERLEI on February 14, 2007, 17:38:40
To those who say that when you have emotional problems/depression on earth  you will as well  in the afterlife i have a question.Assuming that you are right as depression/biopolar disorder etc.. is caused by our physical brain and chemicals in it(according to doctors at least),once we leave our physical body where is that depression and the chaos in our mind(brain) coming from?

That's a good question.  Some would say that it is the inner turmoil of the spirit that manifests in physical problems like chemical malfunctions in the brain.  DH

Voicebox

Quote from: lily moonsong on January 16, 2007, 18:37:46
Most people don't know why i'm depressed, and don't think I should be.  But I am.  And i'm not a good help to them, if I feel this way.  If I felt happier, I could be a better friend to them instead of moping around a lot.  In the past month, I drove to my ex-bf's house and waited for him to get in his car so I could drive into him kamakazi style, and kill us both.  Luckily he was out of town the first time I came, and he was with his new gf for 3 days the second time I came, and I never saw him.  Or else, I might not be here.  My friend says that it isn't normal for me to want to kill an ex and kill myself.  Most people think i'm pretty happy.  But on the inside I'm not happy at all.  This is why I don't sociate with many people.  But I'm blabbing now.

This is my request for you to send me positive energy and heal my depression.

Do you know Lily that the break up from somebody that you love dearly is equally as bad, as losing them in death.   People who loose a loved one in passing to spirit and those breaking up go through the same turmoil.   Can your depression be linked to this break up.   Has it made you feel rejected and given you low self esteem.   These are all related to your feelings of depression.   The fact that you want to kill your ex as well would certainly suggest that this is what your depression is caused by.   Although it might seem hard, I suggest that you get out and find yourself something new (not necessarily a boyfriend) to take away the emptness  that you are feeling.   Loneliness is self destructive you only add to your dilemma.  Like all the others before me whosay, think positively and look within.

I will send healing thoughts to you, good luck. 

Voicebox :-)