News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Healing Power of Raw Vegan Food - Free Recipe eBook

Previous topic - Next topic

melody

I came across several raw vegan websites and was intrigued by their health benefits claims. All food is a form of energy, and therefore one should get the food with the highest energy level into one's system, especially when facing health challenges.

You can download a free raw vegan recipe eBook here:
http://ebooks.raw-pleasure.com.au

The site below has many interviews concerning raw vegan diet.
I especially recommend Victoria Boutenko (Episode 20) about her research into the benefits of green smoothies:
http://www.rawveganradio.podomatic.com

Victoria has cured her son's diabetes, her daughter's asthma and a number of ailments she and her husband had with raw vegan food.
Victoria's website:  http://www.rawfamily.com

Another site of interest: http://www.thegardendiet.com

melody

"The wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings. Let food be your medicine."
- Hippocrates

melody

"Think of the fierce energy concentrated in an acorn! You bury it in the ground, and it explodes into a giant oak! Bury a sheep, and nothing happens but decay! "
- George Bernard Shaw

There is a living power in the raw food that the cooked food no longer has. If you make a Kirlian photo of a food item, the raw food still has energy field - "aura" about it, though this energy is not as strong as at the time of harvesting it. However, this energy field is totally absent in the cooked food.

melody

Hippocraters Health Institute in Florida http://www.hippocratesinst.org had a lot of success treating people with serious illnesses (including cancer) with raw food.

I once asked Brian Clement, the director of the Institute, about people with blood type O who are supposed to be animal-protein eaters. He told me that he himself was of the blood group O and could testify about misconception regarding this issue. He has been a raw vegan for a couple of decades, is very healthy, feels great, and has beautiful strong muscles.

For those concerned about not getting enough protein on raw food, I suggest contacting people at the Hippocrates Health Institute to check on this issue. They had thousands of people coming through their institution with all sorts of ailments and all the blood types. They have medical stuff at the premises and are highly qualified to answer any questions.

melody

You can find a lot of information about raw vegan food and its healing power  in Our Ultimate Reality Forum. There are several discussion threads devoted to it the Abundance and Health Section of the forum. They are:

Raw Vegan? Why?
Raw Vegan Lifestyle
Raw Food Preparation Videos
Healing Power of Food
Raw Vegan Recipes

You can reach the forum by going to

http://www.ourultimatereality.com/
or directly to
http://www.ourultimatereality.com/forums/index.php

Astir

Quote from: melody on November 13, 2006, 10:16:28

Victoria has cured her son's diabetes, her daughter's asthma and a number of ailments she and her husband had with raw vegan food.
Victoria's website:  http://www.rawfamily.com

Another site of interest: http://www.thegardendiet.com

It does not cure diabetes. It only nearly eliminates the need for insulin, because fruit and vegetables are limited in carbohydrate content...all human beings need both insulin and carbohydrates in order to live. Her son is still a diabetic if he is type 1. And I can guarantee you he still takes insulin if that is the case. I am a type 1 diabetic, with informal training as an educator. There is no cure at this moment except for islet cell transplantation into the pancreas and the obligatory immuno-suppressants that follow...and even then, you still end up needing insulin again...

If he was a type 2 it is possible it cured him. But if he was a type 1 (which is vastly more common in children) he is not cured. It should be specified by you before posting this which type of diabetes he has/had. Because otherwise this information is a danger to those with type 1 diabetes without the proper education (a common issue even within North America). Specification of diabetes type is imperative when presenting the general public with any health information regarding its treatment.

The biology and metabolism of a type 1 (or juvenile) diabetic reacts a bit differently than a normal person when deprived of insulin and carbohydrates. The complication known as Diabetic Ketoacidosis (not to be confused with Ketosis) is a life threatening disorder and results when the body lacks insulin to metabolize carbohydrates with.

So Victoria's son is either type 2, or type 1 and still taking some insulin...or he is dead or dying right now.

I don't mean to come off like I am attacking you, Melody, you haven't done anything wrong. You have simply been deceived. This is just the truth, and I want everyone to know it...whether they're diabetic or not, considering a raw vegan diet or not...

Astir

Another thing that could have happened is that he was misdiagnosed diabetic and that is why they are not having issues.

Either way, I don't see this son in the picture...

***Scratch that I found a picture of him...And a quote...
"I know that the active lifestyle that I live today would not have been possible to live had I had diabetes."

...Again, misleading, absolute BS. After reading their website, it's easy to see they really are just trying to make money. They want to convince people they cannot live normally with diabetes...just to sell their book. Sad. You can do just about anything if you have diabetes.

-Gary Hall Jr: US olympic gold medalist in swimming (who I have met, he does not seem inactive to me!)
-Scott Coleman: Swimmer - first man with diabetes to swim the English Channel, (August 17th 1996)
-Kris Freeman: Olympic and National Champion Cross-Country Skier (heard him speak at a diabetes conference, he said he wondered if his diabetes actually gave him an edge on others...)
-Jonathan Hayes: NFL - Pittsburgh Steelers, Kansas City Chiefs
-Chris Jarvis - World Champion Canadian Rower
Zippora Karz: Prima Ballerina (met her too) of the New York City Ballet
-Sir Steven Redgrave: Rower and winner of five consecutive Olympic gold medals
Ty Cobb: MLB: Detroit Tigers
-Ron Santo: MLB - Chicago Cubs legend
-James "Buster" Douglas: Heavy Weight Boxer
-Chris Dudley: NBA - New York Knicks center

Mez

I read somewhere the results of an experiment conducted where they put people with diabetes (type II im assuming) on a vegan diet and something like 90% of them no longer had to inject insulin after about 30 days on the diet. Dont qoute me on any of that but thats what i read.

melody

Hello Mez and Astir,

Here is a video that shows how diabetes could be reversed in 30 days on raw vegan food. (Mind you this reversal would be sustainable only if one continued on the raw vegan diet).

It is intresting to note that some people are self destructive and prefer to go on with their bad habits of drinking, smoking and eating SAD (Standard American Diet), rather than giving themselves a chance to cure themselves. For many people SAD food is too addictive to try a different way of eating, even when their health depends on it.

Reversing Diabetes Naturally

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1407054601065907544

Astir, just keep in mind that big pharmaceutical companies would loose money if people were healing themselves with raw foods. They also pay money for the majority of the research that is done, I frankly, I do not much trust claims made by articles.

This is also why the big industry is intend on pasterising or irradiating everything. You can no longer get raw almonds, for instance. They still label them as raw, but they have been pasteurized, and therefore are no longer raw.

Astir

Quote from: Mez on September 24, 2007, 02:40:48
I read somewhere the results of an experiment conducted where they put people with diabetes (type II im assuming) on a vegan diet and something like 90% of them no longer had to inject insulin after about 30 days on the diet. Dont qoute me on any of that but thats what i read.

Mez, Melody,

Most type 2's don't inject insulin. Only a small percent do. Less than 25% of them eventually actually need it, but for the most part their issue is not a lack of insulin, it is a lack of sensitivity to insulin (insulin resistance). Anyway, most are on pills to treat their condition, and very low carb diets can reverse their disease if they are 100% dedicated. Type 2 is almost exclusively treated with pills and diet alone. While type 1's use insulin exclusively and have more freedom when eating.

But for a type 1 diabetic (what this Sergei kid is/was) the condition cannot be reversed...period. Because what happens to a type 1 is absolute destruction of the islet cells until the pancreas no longer produces insulin...a hormone that no one can live without. The destruction is caused by the immune system basically going haywire and attacking the bodies own cells. So fundamentally, type 1 and type 2 are two different diseases and there needs to be constant differentiation between the two.

You cannot "bounce back" from type 1. Once diagnosed, you've got it for life. It is not curable, only treatable. Sometimes that escapes people. Because type 1 is nowhere near as severe as something like cancer...but as for which is more curable, cancer wins in a landslide. As of right now there is no cure that the general diabetic public has access to. I'm sure there are cures they are working on, but getting funding and approval for clinical trials on human beings is near impossible.

So anyway, the types, they only share the same name.
My pancreas is dead, Melody. It just takes up space in my abdomen. It lives here, but it refuses to pay it's portion of the rent :-P I did not get diabetes because of poor dietary decisions. I have it because my chromosomes...(something immutable) predisposed me to have my immune system destroy my pancreas. NO DIET can fix that. Only insulin can fix it. And insulin is not a drug although a drug company manufactures it. It is a necessary hormone. Basically all type 1's are on hormone therapy and do need to be...insulin is irreplaceable and totally impossible to live without. It is also an inelastic demand and you better believe pharmaceuticals take advantage of us to the fullest.  :-( Still, the disease itself is what needs focus, there is no choice on the matter. I cannot boycott Eli Lilly because they're evil, it would be insane and asinine of me. I know better. I know best. I take insulin or I die, quite painfully. And it is that simple. As simple as survival...the fact that these corporate beasts are money hungry and disgusting is actually beside the point when you need something in order to live.

Before there was insulin they used to treat diabetics with all kinds of diets back in the early 1900's. No diet enabled any diabetic to live longer than 3 years. They went into a coma and they died. Which is what would happen to a type 1 diabetic nowdays if they didn't or couldn't take their insulin. Type 1 diabetes without insulin has a higher mortality rate than the worst types of cancer. It is 100% fatal. Basically you starve first, and then you go into Ketoacidosis, then you go into a coma, and if you're not in a hospital within the next 24-48 hours...you die.

If you want to learn more about why we need insulin, there is this great book called, The Discovery Of Insulin. It covers everything I am trying to explain here. I can't argue points on behalf of the other diseases a raw vegan diet may improve...but I can assure you that a raw vegan diet would not cure a type 1 diabetic. Otherwise all my friends would have tried it and been cured. That website is deceiving to the point that it is actually malicious.

And you don't have to trust pharmaceuticals...I know I don't. I'm not saying you should.
But trust me...type 1 diabetes doesn't go away. Autoimmunity does not go away. I'm in this for life. I don't want to be and I wouldn't if I would have found a way by now...But DNA, unfortunately, is immutable and at this point in time medical science lacks a genetic makeover that would fix it. I am somehow supposed to be this way. But instead of seeking endlessly a way out...I'm beginning to understand and accept instead. It isn't at all like being defeated. This is the kind of thing that gets you off your butt and inspires you to do something to help others. It doesn't hold me back. Otherwise I'd have taken a sick day, I'd have moped in bed at times. But I don't do that...ever. At the same time if I read about something that purports to cure me, I'm going to do my own extensive research to find out whether or not it is so. And it's actually upsetting, that these things are never as good as they sound. EVER.  :-P And sometimes, it is pure lies, flat out. Remoresless money making schemes, just like a bloody pharmaceutical company...

Actually, I don't trust anything with a $...no one should. And I see dollar signs on their website...

Mez

thanks for that post it was awesome. I'd love to read that book! my gf has an auto-immune disease (coeliac) and yeah the only way to treat it is with a permenant gluten free diet. I learnt a few good things from your post and you're definately right not to trust pharmacueticals!!! Anything money making is approached with caution... I dont ever trust corporations. EVER.

So you're saying that type 1 diabetes on a raw vegan diet taking no insulin WILL die in or around a 3 year period? geez! I'll have to look into that myself. Im guessing theres never been any study of diabetics on vegan diets over a prolonged period of time IE 3 years? There really needs to be one i think although from what you said im guessing that they'll use up all their reserves of insulin (if thats how it works) and then they'll go into a coma and die anyways.

your thoughts?

melody

Hello Astir and Mez,

Dr. Gabriel Cousens, M.D. is a very respected man in the holistic healing movement. He was in charge of the project shown in the video above. There were other medical practitioners beside him who also participated. So the project was well documented with medical data. That video is only a short clip from a much longer video that will be available in the future on this site (ht film is in post-production right now).

http://www.treeoflife.nu/diabetes.html

Here is a quote from the above page regarding the type-1 diabetes participants in the video, "The type-I diabetic went from an insulin intake of 70 units to 5 units. The other type 1 diabetic remains completely healed of diabetes ."

I don't know their selection criteria for the diabetic participants were, but the longer video, when available, might discuss this.

The Boutenko family is also well respected. It is possible that in the Sergey's case a misdiagnosis was made and he had type-2 diabetes, but the doctors were pretty sure it was type-1. Sergey's grandmother, Victoria's mother, also had diabetes, so there might be a genetic connection.

Sergey never took insulin. As soon as he was diagnosed, Victoria panicked and started to search for solutions. She knew that the injections with synthetic insulin would only lead to further deterioration inside the body. So Sergey's pancreas, I presume, did not yet shut off completely, and could be therefore regenerated when given a chance.

The diet experiments previously done regarding diabetes – they used cooked food including fish and lean meat. Cooked foods no longer posses any healing properties. When you cook food, and especially when you combine different ingredients, you create very complex and unnatural molecules that the body is at odds how to process. And it cannot deal at all with many such complex inorganic molecules. Also, if such molecules get into the blood stream, they create problems inside the body. They are mostly stored some place and are responsible – along with various chemicals we digest – for the toxic condition inside the body.

Basically, especially with age, we deplete the reservoir of enzymes that can be used in the digestion process, and this increases the risk of not being able to properly digest the complex inorganic (cooked) molecules that enter into our body as cooked food.

I don't question doctor's claim that diabetes 1 is an autoimmune disease. But autoimmune against what? What is the immune system fighting inside one's body - pollutants and undigested inorganic mater, the food particles that enter our system and the body is not able to get rid of them? I am sure that doctors have some smart answer to this, but it was shown time and again in the past that they were mistaken with their smart answers.

The fact that there is such rapid increase in diabetes seems to pint that the unnatural food people consume along with air and water pollution might play some role.

Raw vegan food possesses not only the primal, simple, natural, organic molecules, but also natural enzymes that help with digestion. Therefore no food debris enters through the guts into the blood stream Those enzymes also act inside the tissues, dislodging the debris, dissolving them, and eliminating them out of the body. The living food still possess the energy charge – the aura that all living matter has, and consuming this vital energy is very beneficial for the body and for healing.

Sprouts of various sort have especially a very high amount of organic (non – cooked minerals and vitamins, as well as the solar energy it uses for its growth.

Mez, I strongly believe that your girlfriend can greatly benefit from an all raw vegan diet. Especially when there are problems in the guts, a lot of undigested, complex, inorganic molecules get into the blood stream and mess up with one's body.

Astir, there is no harm in trying something for your health, even if you discover later that it did not help as much as you hoped for. If I were you, I would definitely give raw food a try, if not for a complete cure, at least for general well being.

Here is a short film which shows the macro elements of the cells within the body and stresses how important it is to keep the tissues clean from debris of any sort. Those cells need space to unfold their life processes.

A shorter artistic version
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CVUnzk40npw

A full scientific lecture
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jjexZ88wIno&mode=related&search=

P.S. The genetic predisposition of type-1 diabetes might be simply the genetic predisposition not to be able to cope effectively with cooked complex molecules. It might be a similar type of genetic predisposition as for those who are lactose intolerant.

Mez

Quote from: melody on September 25, 2007, 14:54:06
Sergey never took insulin. As soon as he was diagnosed, Victoria panicked and started to search for solutions. She knew that the injections with synthetic insulin would only lead to further deterioration inside the body. So Sergey's pancreas, I presume, did not yet shut off completely, and could be therefore regenerated when given a chance.

Distinct possibility. If we look at the autoimmune disease coeliac we see that when a gluten free diet is followed the stomach regenerates whatever damage was done to it by the autoimmune in a period of 6 months - 2 years. So it seems to me a possibility that if raw vegan food does not contain the autoimmune trigger for diabetes (or at least a lot less of it) and the pancreas is still functional to a degree that the body will be able to repair it.

The diet experiments previously done regarding diabetes – they used cooked food including fish and lean meat. Cooked foods no longer posses any healing properties. When you cook food, and especially when you combine different ingredients, you create very complex and unnatural molecules that the body is at odds how to process. And it cannot deal at all with many such complex inorganic molecules. Also, if such molecules get into the blood stream, they create problems inside the body. They are mostly stored some place and are responsible – along with various chemicals we digest – for the toxic condition inside the body.

Agreed. I'd like to add that while controversial, "the china study" points to all animal based proteins actually being detrimental to our health. 27 years worth of research speaks to me (in conjunction with other studies with a strong positive correlation). So if we take into account the cooking of the food producing complex inorganic molecules our body isnt equipped to deal with and aninal based proteins our body isnt fully equipped to deal with this has a big impact on whats going on in the body... if these cooked foods are triggering the autoimmune then the previous diet experiments results ARE NOT representative OR any in way an indication of the results a RAW Vegan diet may produce.

Considering the trigger for the autoimmune is not known its important to take the above into consideration.

Pathogenesis: Diabetes mellitus type 1 is an autoimmune disease. The autoimmune process begins many years before clinical detection and presentation. It is directly against beta cell of the islets of Langerhans. The destruction must be very heavy, more then 90 percent of beta cells must be destroyed for clinical symptoms to develop. The speed of the beta cell destruction is variable. What is a trigger for autoimmune destruction is not known. Some authors have speculated about several viruses and other environmental factors in genetically susceptible individuals. The following evidence exists that diabetes type 1 is an autoimmune disease:

It says the autoimmune trigger for diabetes currently isnt known... So there is a GOOD chance that whatever the trigger is resides in cooked for OR the cooking OF the food. The fact that a raw vegan diet does have POSTIVE effects on diabetics is at least an indication in the direction of the autoimmune trigger being somewhere in cooked food. Theres a big difference between raw vegan food and the Standard American Diet.

Mez, I strongly believe that your girlfriend can greatly benefit from an all raw vegan diet. Especially when there are problems in the guts, a lot of undigested, complex, inorganic molecules get into the blood stream and mess up with one's body.

I beleive EVERYONE would benefit from a raw vegan diet!

In Coeliac the autoimmune trigger is the protein gluten the only way to treat it is a gluten free diet. Gluten is present in wheat, rye and barley (plus malt/malt extract, yeast) so if ANY thing containing any of these is ingested the autoimmune is triggered and the body produces its own antibodies to attack its own cells. My Gf suffers agonising stomach pains when she ingests any gluten. Its painful to even watch. I dont think anything will "cure" the autoimmunity although i'd love to see myself proved wrong and believe that somehow, someway it is possible. We just havent found how yet.

Astir

Okay. Don't believe me, but I've had diabetes for 5 years. You should trust in my knowledge because I am a qualified authority in that I come from experience.

I'd bet anyone a million dollars a raw vegan diet would not cure type 1 diabetes for anyone, that's how confident I am this is all a ruse to sell books and make money. Oh and by the way if they still need to take insulin of course they are NOT cured!  :-P That's just my thoughts on the matter. I am a diabetic, and from personal experience, taking little or no insulin no matter what you are eating...is an incredibly dangerous and bad idea.

And there is no way to reverse autoimmunity. Anyone, even with an MD, doesn't know what they are talking about if they claim absolutely there is. A brilliant doctor will claim uncertainty...a foolish one will just make claims. A brilliant doctor knows better than that.

PS
Mez,
I also have Celiac Disease. It is the most painful thing I've ever felt in my life (if I accidentally eat gluten). I'd say it's just as bad as diabetes, if not worse during episodes following accidental ingestion. :-(

melody

Hello Astrid,

I almost sense an attachment you have to your conditions... Or am I mistaken?

There is such certainty in an impossibility to heal yourself that it is too constricting... How about all those miraculous cures that doctors cannot explain? (And I would not call Dr. Cousens undertaking miraculous.)

Basically, a person is what he believes he is. It might be a bit more liberating not to be as certain about one's medical condition...

Astir

You sense nothing. Your sense of my attachment is an automatic response to your lack of understanding.
I am free, but I just have to correct you...so that someone doesn't come in here and get hurt or very sick by trying this. You do not understand...someone who believes there is a miracle like this around the corner for every person is divorced from reality.

It only takes 10 seconds to take your insulin...it isn't an ordeal. Believe me, I poke my butt a few times a day. It's not a big deal. Easier than remembering to take your vitamins. Synthetic insulin works as it should and it is only harmful when someone does not know how to properly use it. And to take it if they do not naturally produce it any longer.

Synthetic insulin does not deteriorate the body. :lol: That is so ridiculous. :lol:
The lack of insulin...will, however, deteriorate the body because it is a necessary hormone needed to metabolize all food, raw or cooked...I'm telling you...Within 8 months 95% of Type 1 Diabetics make absolutely no insulin. The immune system destroys the cells in the pancreas that create it and continues to destroy them until they are gone. This is because they are not differentiated (by the T cells) from foreign cells. And they do not grow back. There is no insulin in the body that could even be used to metabolize raw foods.

What would happen (to a type 1 diabetic on a raw food diet in conjunction with taking absolutely no insulin) is the blood sugar would elevate over time...exponentially. Then the type 1 would -- because type 1's are very prone to it -- suffer from Diabetic Ketoacidosis. Which DOES deteriorate the body. Both muscle and fat begin to waste. They call it "decay" when this happens to a diabetic. It can reach a dangerous point in just a day. It can come out of nowhere and worsen rapidly. If untreated (e.g., no insulin or IV fluids are administered) the condition is fatal. It would happen to any true type 1 diabetic who stopped taking insulin no matter how nutritious their diet was. There is no food that can be metabolized without insulin.

The decision Sergei's mother made for him was completely unfounded and abusive. She lacked education. And nowdays, her son would have been taken away from her if social services knew she would deny him insulin therapy. Flat out, this young man and the "diabetics" in these "studies" never were diabetic or they would be dead. It's all a work of fiction. If I ever spoke to a mother making this kind of decision for her diabetic child I would call social services immediately.

I'm just glad my common sense isn't compromised by a bunch of greedy frauds selling fairy tales...but for some it might be. No one who is, likes being diabetic...but they have to take their insulin to live, or else.

Really, you must read The Discovery Of Insulin. Check the local library. A semi-large library will carry it.

Astir

Quote from: Mez on September 25, 2007, 19:07:33

So it seems to me a possibility that if raw vegan food does not contain the autoimmune trigger for diabetes (or at least a lot less of it) and the pancreas is still functional to a degree that the body will be able to repair it.

No...I wish. The body cannot replace or repair islet cells without stem cell therapy. A strange thing was discovered last year or the year before...and that was that while most organs in the body have stem cells within them to regenerate damaged cells, the pancreas does not. Which is why it does not repair itself. But also, the perpetual barrage of fighter T cells damages them even if they are transplanted back into the pancreas...The former islet cells, if reintroduced, will still be persecuted by the immune system, which is a very complex thing. They do not ever "grow" back.

Nobody knows why people become autoimmune. But there are 100 theories out there. One is that while gestating, a mother may transfer cells to the baby which disorient the child's immune system.

Another is that there is a viral infection which mimics the structure of cells in the body, causing the immune system to attack both the virus and host...(I accept this one as most believable).

Some suggest children are over-immunized and that this warps the immune system into becoming autoimmune.

It is not something in food. Because people have been getting type 1 since ancient times. There are records that describe type 1 to a T. Most people then had very dissimilar diets compared with what is normal now. So food is out. Poor diet is absolutely never the cause of type 1 diabetes. It isn't even an accepted theory in the medical community. I can promise you that.

.....When I was first diagnosed actually, my Endocrinologist told me how heart broken a family was when their 11 year old boy (who had always been on a raw vegan diet, vegetables that they even grew themselves) was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. They even waited a bit too long. They waited until he went into Ketoacidosis, because they just couldn't come to terms with the fact that something went wrong. But they finally got a grip and took him in to the hospital where he was treated for Ketoacidosis.

I should have mentioned that story before I began writing a novel in this thread.  :-P

Astir

Oh and...
I'm not saying the diet isn't healthy.
I'm just saying it is not a cure for type 1 diabetes.

And I must tell you as I age, I experience even more joy. More than most people. It's a joy that is uncompromised by disease. That is something to strive and hope for. Happiness is the universal solution. You might call me divorced from reality too :wink: just in my own way.

Mez

hello melody and astir.

melody the notion that astir is ATTATCHED to having diabetes is just silly!!! Im sure anyone would love nothing more than to find a permanent cure but it seems that these "miracle" cures are very misleading. Although there are instances in which some patients of disease do experience "miracle" cures... Personally I dont subsribe to the notion that they are miracles... the patient merely did something different and got a different result. I myself am very interested in health and disease and ALL the ways disease can be treated. Astir your experience brings you first hand knowledge (the best kind) and like I said I would love to read that book on insulin. The information about the pancreas containing no stem cells is new to me, thank you for that and yes it does make it impossible then for the pancreas to regenerate sadly. Im currently researching into certain autoimmune diseases as I find them extremely interesting, lately they've just come right into my life which means one thing... STUDY THEM! The story of the young boy developing type 1 diabetes whilst being raw vegan his whole life is interesting... I dont think we can conclude indefinately that the autoimmune trigger is or isnt in the food (any kind)... Whats interesting to note is that "The type-I diabetic went from an insulin intake of 70 units to 5 units. The other type 1 diabetic remains completely healed of diabetes ." forget the second half of that qoute because i dont quite believe it... but the first part from 70 units to 5? what is going on in the body to make that kind of change? (if thats even true but lets suppose it is for arguments sake)

"According to the research of the New York Times, there are 21 million diabetics and 20 million pre-diabetics in America, the same in Europe, and more in India and China. At the current trend, 1 in 3 children born after 2000 will have diabetes, but it was under 1 in 100 at the turn of the century. Yet still many say life-long medication is required, and diabetes is "incurable" by nutrition."

Its become blindly obvious to me that more and more people are being diagnosed with diabetes and younger kids are being diagnosed with type II diabetes which is generally an adult disease. Look at the numbers 1 in 100 at the turn of last century and 1 in 3 after 2000. If you do the same things you've always done you get the same results you've always got so the numbers indicate to us something has definately changed (for the worst) but the question is what? The answer is simple... Our Diets. Diets 100 years ago would have been much different now im not a food expert so i dont know all the details but i know one thing for sure and that is there is so much JUNK FOOD and poor dietry choices these days and they are most likely the underlying cause for such a huge jump in the number of diabetics. I also theorize that if the disease is hereditary its possible it has been bred into more and more people but i doubt this HIGHLY!!! In terms of the diet argument in relation to the vegan kid who was diagnosed with type I, we know its heridatary so its likely the kid had a genetic pre-disposition... im not saying its the only case (cos it wouldnt be of course) in terms of diet in relation to the SAD (standard american diet) the percentage increase of diabetics is PHENOMENAL and of absolutely EPIDEMIC proportions. Those numbers speak to me. They jump right off the page and say "something changed dramatically here and its nothing but bad news"... which leads me to thinking... If say 1 in 3 people (born from 2000 onwards) where are we gonna be in 2100? Will everyone on the planet have diabetes? The numbers suggest we are heading in that direction... just imagine if the entire human race was dependant on pharmacuetical companies. People could be controlled so easily because if they stepped out of line their insulin supply cut and they would die. Now i know thats an extreme situation and im just speculating here but dont you think thats where we are heading? Whilst there is no scientifically recognised permanent cure the numbers alone speak to me... diet is a major contributing factor to diabetes. Astir thank you for all the information you've shared with us its been a big help to me and I agree with you those websites claiming to cure diabetes completely with a raw vegan diet DO border on malicious... however I dont beleive their INTENT is malicious, i believe they have good intentions and maybe what they are doing is working somehow in some way on some people (but not all im gathering). Im going to look further into their claims.

Astir you mention you too are coeliac... have you done much research into coeliac? I was doing some today and I found the history of the disease very interesting particularly its turning point in the 1950's... I have not a clue why ONE tiny study of 10 children changed the face of coeliac the way it did when there was so much support and evidence for its previous "cure". The previous cure was more than just a gluten-free diet it was a diet which restricted the intake of particular carbohydrates, it was said that if a patient followed this diet strictly for 12 months they would be CURED of their coeliac. Now im not one to say "thats BS" but i do certainly find it a very interesting read and it seems like its a viable cure although it leaves me asking... do they mean that following that diet for 12 months (having no autoimmune reactions) will stop any further autoimmune reactions for good? I have heard thats possible although not any use to diabetics really but certainly coeliac sufferers.

here is the link:
http://www.scdiet.org/7archives/scdceli1.html

melody

Quote from: Astir on September 25, 2007, 22:51:11

You should trust in my knowledge because I am a qualified authority in that I come from experience.

Hello Astir,

You might be an authority on the medical interpretation of diabetes, but you have never tried raw vegan diet, so you could not be an authority on that.

Just consider this... Man belongs to the animal kingdom. No other animal than man eats cooked food. Eating cooked food is a relatively new development in the evolution of a humankind. Their metabolic system is not made to digest it, and it had never properly adjusted to doing so.

You are putting a lot of energy and into defending your point of view, and that, in my oppinion, is a certain attachment. Especially in view that people who visit this forum are intelligent human beings and can think for themselves. There is no need to be "saving" them from anything.

No raw food healer would ever advocate to go off insulin without medical supervision. They would stress that it should be only done gradually and when warranted by a blood test. This is how Dr. Cousens' study was conducted. Only when medical testing indicated that the insulin was not needed in as big quantity as before was it lowered. Any other raw foodist would tell you the same thing. Its is pretty clear from the video that testing is needed all the time. So this was a very controlled and responsible way of doing the procedure.

At no time did this raw food discussion claimed "go off insulin, you don't need it", but it seems it is exactly that what you are fighting against.

Simply stated, if anyone would want to try raw food - do it for some time then go and test your blood levels. If high dosages of insulin or whatever other medication you are taking are no longer needed, the doctor would tell you so. This is a very responsible approach, and quite obvious to intelligent people who read this thread.

Consider some natural disaster situation, when a person no longer has access to synthetic insulin or other mediaction... And who knows what might be happening in the future the way mankind is going... It would indeed be quite better to try and see if one can get rid of any such dependencies. And a free choice of doing so should never be discouraged. Never underestimate a man's ability to heal himself! It was demonstrated time and again that this is possible, regardless what medical books claim.

I would like to end on this note - repeating it again - No other animal but man eats cooked food.

melody

Quote from: Mez on September 26, 2007, 06:11:30

melody the notion that astir is ATTATCHED to having diabetes is just silly!!!

Hello Mez,

Any psychology book would tell that a person internalizes his problems. This is why people go from one bad marrage to the next. They become attached to such a state as a "bad marriage", regardless of what they would claim otherwise.

Man has a tremendous ability to heal and regenerate his body when given optimal conditions for it and a positive healing attitude and healing spiritual practices. Adrian's book Our Ultimate Reality shows how to train one's psyche towards mental wholeness and healing.

Astir

Quote from: melody on September 26, 2007, 08:30:18

What about the 11 year old boy who ate a raw vegan diet of hydroponically grown vegetables and still became diabetic??? I'd like your thoughts on that.

But the texts you quoted did use the word, "cure" and no diabetic would consider a raw vegan diet a cure if they still took insulin. And they would have to.

You seem to see two things wrong with me, one, that I am diabetic, and two, I am content with facing it.

Mez

tell me melody if a persons pancreas is dead, it has no stem cells to regenerate and its the only way the body can naturally make insulin how is a raw vegan diet going to make them produce insulin?

Astir

I do believe in certain miracles.

But frankly, this is how it is.

If you are missing a leg...
It is never growing back. Unfortunately it is the same with those darn islet cells...only worse, because not only will they not grow back on their own...if you ever did get them back (through transplant), your immune system kills them again anyway.

The immune system actually sort of stores information like a hardrive. It stores misinformation too. Which is why autoimmunity is not curable much less well understood at this point in time. It's a case someone will crack eventually, but reasons why will not be simple, and the solution won't be either...I have this funny feeling  :-P

The key is not to just regrow islet cells and just temporarily cure diabetes, but to FIRST cure the immune system. Someone needs to find a way to reintroduce the islet cells to the immune system as native, and keep it that way. That would be the only way to reverse it. The source of the problem IS the immune system.

Mez

The mind controls the body, somewhere there must be a short circuit in the brain telling the brain to attack its own cells its that simple. Unfortanately the complex thing is finding out how to change that.