News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

subconcious catches up to me, how do I overcome?

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkHorizon

My dad passed away 10 of June 2010. It was extremely painful emotionally. These things are popularly thought to mark or lives, but in the end we have to get passed them; move on... On the same date the following year I attempted suicide, for a seemingly irrelevant reason. I was conflicted with my self about God, I thought God would never accept me into heaven, that I would be tormented for ever in hell. Catch the symbolism? The biblical God is the father. During the first "cycle" I thought I would never be with my dad again, and felt much emotional pain.

These events do grow in magnitude with regards to physical experience, but are emotionally the same... 2015, January 10. (get it? January 10, June 10) I felt the same emotional pain. It's like being trapped in an oscillating wave. How do I overcome this subconscious program? I have 3 ideas in mind. Classical conditioning. So I reprogram the negative emotions associated with the months june, and january (or another similar concept); Hypnosis, which theoretically I could explore my memory and find a way to resolve the subconscious conflict. Finally, astral projection. I could OBE and go observe something that will change the whole way I see my dad. I'm thinking of speaking with a professional. Specifically a psychoanalytic psychologist.
http://www.simplypsychology.org/psychoanalysis.html

What do you guys think?

Luthor

Hi Dark horizon, sorry to hear about your Dad.  Negative mental associations can be tough. I personally get little hinky around Xmas which triggers a lot of memories and emotions up for me re a departed friend so i can in some way relate.

The biblical stuff, symbolism and histporical suicide attempt make me think you're absolutely on the right track thinking about speaking to a qualified psychologist/counsellor. I know that sounds like a cop out and isn't really engaging with your question.

Good luck with it

Szaxx

Anything that can make you injure yourself should be treated by those with the relevant training. They know what to do given the circumstances and help you overcome the issues of emotional distress. Its far better today than it was 40 years ago, so see your doctor for the help urgently needed.
There's no point wasting what little time we have in the physical, once you get over 50 years of age, it's too late for " wish I'd have done this years ago."
Although we at the Pulse would love to help you, we don't have the necessary training  to do this properly. We can aid you in your success to  project as you know. A clear mind really helps you succeed in this.
There's info in the sites AUP that you should read.
The last thing we want is you being given bad advice.
Speak to the professionals, you'll be so much happier. :wink:
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

DarkHorizon

Pray for me. This is one heck of a ride. I'm going to seek that assistance.

Szaxx

I lost a sister when I was 19. She was 16. It gets at you for sure.
Go for it, you'll not regret it.

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Bert23