News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Is Reiki dangerous?

Previous topic - Next topic

Tantalord

Hello to all the AstralPulse community,
   Recently I have found a Reiki teacher and I wish to learn from her the Reiki Level 1 attunement.I read somethere that during the session the practioner's body is being cleaned from any energy blocks and is being attuned to the Reiki source.As i can guess,maybe i am wrong,the cleaning prosedure is based on the chakras and so,is it dangerous for someone that is not ready yet,to receive some bad side-effects from this?..To understand what i mean,if someone's third eye is activated,shouldn't this be severe to his mental health if he is hasn't open the heart chakra first??..Also can the kundalini rise if all the chakras are cleaned,and cause some bad results if the person is not in the proper mental state??
Darkness is my Strength.Light is my Guide

Cole

Don't believe so, I believe the kundalini awakening is the dangerous one, Kundalini Reiki is perfectly safe.

Then, when Kundalini naturally rises (it should just happen when you are ready for it to.) you should not have a hard time because you are not forcing it, it just came naturally to you.

I'm no expert, but I think im right this time around. :)

James S

Hi Tantalord

I'm level 1 Reiki and my wife is a Reiki master. There is absolutely no danger to Reiki.
Don't confuse it with Kundalini. Kundalini is our natural energy pathway that runs up and down our spine.

There's been people who have achived "kundalini awakenings" which are said to be dangerous to the unprepaired, but this is not the same as Reiki.

Reiki (Japanese) literally translates as "universal life force energy". When you have reiki attunements, your opening up youir body's natural energy pathways, all of them, not just the kundalini, so you are kept in balance, and become a more effective conduit for the energies to flow through you.

There are a couple of side effects that many people experience just after they  receive the first Reki attunement.

One is that you will become much more sensitive to the energies around you, both good and bad. The other is that you may experience a sudden release of bottled up emotions.

After my attunements I got pretty bad headaches when I was around strong energies, and I was an emotional wreck. I remember going to my best friend in a state of complete confusion and ending up crying on her shoulder. I don't even know what the source of the emotions were, but they were pretty intense, and I needed to release them.

After a day or so my body started to get used to the energy changes and everything settled down.

Blessings,
James.

Tantalord

Thank you very much for the feedback ppl.
As I can understand there is not much danger exsept some side effect that can occur which i am aware of them.One last thing that bothers me is that a year ago I was suffering from depression and i attended a psychologist to help me.We resolved many old traumas using EFT and for a period of 6-7 month i was in a very confusing state consering my mental state.This period many changed in my life but it was painful and very difficult.Also i take Homeopathetic medication and some pills for consetration.Will my state be affected negative by taking the initiation and some bad feelings and emotions would rise?

James S

Just be aware that it can happen and it won't catch you by surprise.

Reiki won't have any effect on any kind of medications as they work on the physical level. Reiki works on the more subtle energy level.

:)
James.

Tantalord

Thank you very much...I feel more secure now to take the Attunement and I will surely do it on the January..As I have seen it is a life changing experience

James S

It definitely can be life changing.

I hope you recieve many wonderful blessings from it!

:smile:
James.

laiana

I didn't notice anything physical during or after my attunements, but there are things that I look back on and observe in the months after that I believe Reiki played a part in, in a very subtle way.  (Lifestyle changes, mental changes)

andonitxo

Quote from: ColeDon't believe so, I believe the kundalini awakening is the dangerous one, Kundalini Reiki is perfectly safe.

Then, when Kundalini naturally rises (it should just happen when you are ready for it to.) you should not have a hard time because you are not forcing it, it just came naturally to you.

I'm no expert, but I think im right this time around. :)

I'm already curious about kundalini reiki. I think this is like yoga. There's just one original yoga but right now you could practice dozens of different yogas...

A little note about kundalini. I did, time ago, a profound research (as profound as it can be, of course) and I'd like to jot them down so they can be of help:

-Kundalini can be waken up even if you're not prepared. Some eastern teachers can turn her on "artificially", the problem would come in the sense that you could be hurt or just die.

-Kundalini's awakening can be done in one step, or in several phases. She activates in muladara and goes your spine up chakra by chakra till she gets to your skull. In the second part she should go down your face, throat, chest and abdomen to rest again in your navel.

-She cleanses all... but to clean, sometimes, means pain. If any of the paths filled with her energy would be closed enough you'll sense that openning dramatically.

-Sometimes she is not able to go up due to the original energy put into her for the awakening. If your body is not energized enough then she could get stagnated in the lower chakras... that's a problem. If she'd dwell in your sexual chakra you could become a satyr.

In my own opinion kundalini's awakening is not something you force or produce, but the effect, the consecration, of another process: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual evolution. If your quadruple body is prepared and your chakras are functioning well enough your kundalini will wake up naturally.

And about reiki, I'd go on classic reiki (that of Mikao). It's the original one, with no rubbish around.

laiana

As mentioned, the Kundalini Reiki is NOT the rising of Kundalini.

I believe though it can help in the future should the Kundalini rise, or if in past you've had problems with rising Kundalini.

That's what I got from the info - I've been attuned to all the levels of Kundalini Reiki and certainly have not had any problems whatsover ;)