The best salad dressing/dip that will make you want to eat veggies everyday

Previous topic - Next topic

LightBeam

I decided to post here my favorite home made salad dressing/dip, which is so good that I look forward to eating salads everyday, dip my veggies in it and even pour some over my baked potatoes, spread on sandwiches, etc. It's very healthy. We know that healthy body = healthy mind = happy thoughts. People have the perception that healthy food is not as tastier as junk, but if you do some recipes search you can discover many healthy and delicious recipes that are not expensive either.

Cilantro salad dressing:

1/2 cup mayo made with avocado oil (Avocado oil is much healthier than soybean oil used in many mayo brands)

1/2 cup sour cream (for dairy free alternative you can use plane coconut yogurt)

1 to 2 tb spoons of apple cider vinegar per taste (if you dont like vinegar you can substitute with the same amount of lemon juice)

salt and pepper to taste

1/4 cup cilantro - chopped

1/4 cup chives -chopped

1/4 cup fresh dill -chopped

1 clove of garlic (you can substitute with onion powder if you dont like garlic)

a small pinch of stevia

You can control the thickness with a splash of watter if you like it thinner, or add more sour cream to thicken it.

Put all ingredients in a blender. I have ninja bullet for smoothies. It makes everything super smooth.

Enjoy, and stay healthy!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

T-Man

LightBeam,

The only thing that gets me to eat my veggies is a great dip.  I will certainly try it!  Sounds delicious! :wink:
The Adventure Continues...

Xanth

LightBeam

Quote from: Xanth on January 07, 2019, 12:12:35
Ewww veggies...  :D  ;)

LOL,  McDonalds is a thousand times Ewww. If people only knew what goes into some foods including arsenic in non-organic poultry, they will be disgusted.

Now, be a good boy and eat your vegetables, Xanth, or I'll call your mother LOL.

There is nothing better than getting the gifts from mother nature in their purest forms.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Xanth

Quote from: LightBeam on January 08, 2019, 00:32:29
LOL,  McDonalds is a thousand times Ewww. If people only knew what goes into some foods including arsenic in non-organic poultry, they will be disgusted.

Now, be a good boy and eat your vegetables, Xanth, or I'll call your mother LOL.

There is nothing better than getting the gifts from mother nature in their purest forms.
Ewww McDonalds... LoL  Yeah, I stay away from most fast food joints.  I do most of the cooking in my house.
I do all my own baking too.  Bread, buns, etc... and pizza dough.  Ooooh, I love making pizza. :D  *DROOLS*

Plume

:-D I love food and I mean I live to eat.  :roll: Good thing I love my veggies. But I have to say that bread is my top fave, I had to shed some extra pound this fall and bread at to go . Also cheese , butter , and sugar. I became angry for a few month. now I am stable but boy oh boy , if i did not love veggies I would of been in a reals sate of depression. That looks like a great salad dressing, you can use cashew to make the creamy parts if you are vegan.