News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Anything is possible?

Previous topic - Next topic

pyro4571

dude you no what it means, and you just thought about it way too much. lol anything is possible means that you can do anything if you try hard enuf
[^]

beavis

Its also impossible for 3 to equal 4. A better statement is "Any shape of energy (all forms of energy, including mass and space) is possible." But it might not be true.

Logic

3 can equal 4, just not in logical, standard math terms.
We are not truly lost, until we lose ourselves.

The AlphaOmega

Think outside the box.  In any new subject most people simply apply it to the world we live in.  But if you believe that our existence is not bound by the life we live in this physical world, then anything is possible, just not on earth.  There are laws that bind us in this world, created by God, that cannot bend unless it is His will.  However, to believe that we are also spiritual beings, then you must consider alternate dimensions and their laws as well.  In doing so you could say that anything is possible if you were in the right dimension to do it, but not anything is possible in every dimension.  We have created math with the assumption that because it is planetary, it is universal.  How ignorant we all are to believe that the universe revolves around our planetary systems of belief.  For all we know there could be planets that have evolved beyond math, or that don't even experience time as we do.  If there are life forms that can travel the speed of light, and we cannot, then they would obviously have a better understanding of math then we do, maybe even a different system of math all together.  My point is, perhaps anything IS possible for the simple reason that this planet may not know enough to make that decision.
"Discover your own path to enlightenment with diligence".
              - Buddha

Ceriel N

Anything is possible, just of varying degree of likelyhood.

In some states of mind, this is something that you simply know and take for graned.
"We work in the dark - we do what we can- we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion, and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art."
- Henry James

beavis

If the uncertainty principle is based on true randomness, then anything is possible, but most things are extremely unlikely.

AlphaOmega, all abstract ideas remain unchanged in any dimension with any laws of physics. Math doesnt exist here or anywhere else. It is only an idea. It doesnt require anything other than itsself to be an abstract idea (except us to think it, which has already been done). You could go to a place where nobody thinks about math, but if I were there, I could describe some things with math. Maybe some weird place, the laws of physics require that if one of something exists then more than any number you choose of them also exists. It would be crazy like the many-universes theory of quantum physics. But I could still count in binary. There are 0 or infinity of something. I could add them. The total of thing-A + thing-B is 0 if there are 0 of both, or infinity if at least 1 exists. Math is universal.

The AlphaOmega

That makes sense.  I can understand how one who knew concepts of math could find examples of math on a world that doesn't use math.  But one can never be sure of something universal unless one knows the entirety of the universe.  That idea however is more philosophical then mathematical of course.
"Discover your own path to enlightenment with diligence".
              - Buddha

Adkha

lol.....its just a paradox....you have a lot of them. Just like never say never....or....hmm cant think of more right now but when I can I'll add them here :-) lol
maybe a cool topic to open....ALL PARADOX QUOTES HERE
Psycho Paradoxical

Anonymous

"Anything is possible under the right conditions" seems more appropriate.

wantsumrice

Ahh well put Beavis.  It's basically also known as the Butterfly Affect.  The physics we have here will and always will be the same throughout the universe, so really it wouldn't be right to think that the universe revolves around out planetary beliefs.  We are just discovering what there is to the universe, and because (!) it is so elegant in the way it works, we can say that trillions of light years from here, a planet or star will have the same effect of gravity and whatnot.  One more thing, its not physically possible for a being to travel the speed of light.  I say physically because it is proven that once the object gets closer and closer to the speed of light, (acceleration-wise) its mass increases, therefore it would require MORE energy then when it first started out.  Then again, if you think abstractly, beings of thought, without any physcial nature, in theory, have that ability.

Beavis: You think that there is only one universe? or that the theory of many universes exists?  Personally, i believe it would be too messy to deal with the many universe theory, so i stick with the one universe at the moment.  

~ivan

RooJ

Im not sure this is the right location for this or if its been said before but anyway;

I see the phrase "Anything is possible" thrown around all over these forums all the time and ive probebly used it in the past, its also used on films like American pie and others but how true is it?

After having a conversation with a good friend of mine he pointed out that the statement in itself is actually impossible lol.
Put simply if anything is possible then it would be impossible for something to be impossible and therefore something would be impossible.

I was trying to find a way round it such as "any outcome is possible even the possibility of the outcome being impossible" but i think i just dug a hole lol..