News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

What is "Integral Philosophy"?

Previous topic - Next topic

ChineseRoom

What is integral philosophy? I have a pretty good understanding of what philosophy means, not sure about the integral part. Thank you.
It's time to leave the  fundamentalists and the  relativists in the margins of history.

ubiquitous

what dus philosophy mean then?

ChineseRoom

Answer my question and I'll answer yours  :grin:
It's time to leave the  fundamentalists and the  relativists in the margins of history.

Kallas

I think going by the individual meaning of each word that an Integral Philosophy is a fundamental belief or ideology.

er... a Central Belief to an individual, a belief nessecary to form the whole belief system.  god how do i explain this.... the base internal beliefs of the whole system.

hmmm... well ive repeated myself enough :grin:

you could always look in a dictionary.

ubiquitous

Integral to you, if you want to philosophize on your beliefs.

nanook

you could search wikipedia
search for ken wilber

integral means 'not trying to create another brandnew better unique worldview' but taking the best from all that have been and finding how there could be a common truth hidden in all of them and not accepting any 'truth' that would dismiss any older wordview unless there is a really good eyplanation for why and how exactly they could have been wrong like that. the socalled philosophia perennis was one of the first integral approaches (i think).

eg integrating science and spirit

WindGod

I was wondering also, then I just saw a magazine (?what is enlightenment Issue 33 June-Aug 2006) with an article about Ken Wilber.

They show a summary of Wilber's work beginning in 1977 and talk about his current book, Integral Spirituality.

The first part of the article includes a chart of the Four Quadrants of perspective that Wilber is famous for, and more charts to help explain his ideas.

The second part is an extensive interview of Wilber about his new book, Integral Spirituality, by Andrew Cohen (WIE).

A third part by Jana Santo (Integirl), and the fourth part with questions by the WIE editors.

I guess Integral Philosophy is to philosophers what the unification theory is to physicists.

Are weather forcasters psychic?