News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Can Humans be human without a God?

Previous topic - Next topic

AstralBorn

Quote from: JosephineWell? Can we be human without a God? Or any conception of religion for that matter? What is it to be human? And is religion a human invention, and if so, how could we be human without it? These are questions that plague me. What do you guys think?? :roll:

Yes we can be human without a god... Because we are human without a god... Religion and god have nothing to do with us being human...

"And is religion a human invention, and if so, how could we be human without it?"
Yes it is a human invention... And we can be human without it the same way we can be human without every other human invention... Are we still human without cell phones? are we still human without computers? yes...

The question you ask is pointless... we allready are humans without a god.. God doesnot exist... "He" is just something that man made to explain things he cannot explain...
They say that Ignorance is bliss, But hey I wouldnt know...
How is it for you?

James S

I think Arie has a very good point. To date, most human understandings of God have been grossly limited or misrepresented by organised religions who seek to keep God contained witihin boxes of out-dated dogma. Its the essential problem of fundamentalist thinking.

We need to allow our understanding of God to change and evolve just as our understanding of the world around us does.

As for my views on the subject of this topic, I don't believe humans can be humans without God. We ARE God! Another word for God is LIFE. We cannot exist without life. Life / God is energy, it is in everything - in the very motion of all atomic and subatomic particles.

What I believe humans can exist without, and very comfortably, is the concept of some separate singular entity called God, as that entity, I believe, is a fallacy.

James.

MindFreak

MindFreak

Thats right, morality does exist outside of religion. Following a moral code only because you are afraid that some god will punish you if you dont is not the point of morality. It is about respect and consideration for your fellow human beings not fear from some divine being.

Kolsz

God bless America!

EnsoƱador

"God" and "humans" are concepts, fabrications in the Mind, noise in the Mind. And "Mind" is also another concept, another noise...

and "noise" is also another concept....etc. Only in silence we could find "truth".  Each time we have a tought, we missunderstand.
Our toughts about God or ourselfs cover the "truth".

Dakmor

I was a strictly religious person before I realized I did not had proper justifications to believe in my religion. This happened about 3 years ago and I think being a science student was the cause. I believed in Islam and I was believing with my full hearth. One when I was daydreaming in the history class I was thinking about Kur'an and Muhammed. It was written in the Kur'an that Muhammed took the order from Cebrail, an Angel who is messenger of the god to write Kur'an. When he fist saw the messenger it ordered Muhammed to read. He shouted him to read. Muhammed said he don't know how to read and the Angel again ordered him to read. Then Muhammed read the orders of the god and after a time people recorded the orders of god with the guidence of Muhammed and created the holy book Kur'an. But "they" created this book. Not the God himself wrote that book. Just some human beings created that book and they could write write whatever in it. I realzied the paradox.

Humans are not trustworthy.
Kur'an was written by humans.
Altough inside it is written that it was sent by the god, the beings that put it in a book was humans.
So Kur'an is untrustworthy either.

At that point I felt a great fear. I believed in God and I was sure that to think things like that was a great sin. I wanted to believe in God more that anything but I couldn't erase the doubts from my mind. And then I started to say myself "It is not my fault to doubt my religion because it was not my choice. I need a proof to believe again and if there is a God it certainly knows that I really want to believe. So let it show me and make me belive" I waited for a proof, a very little justification, a little sign in a dream would be enough but there was nothing. And the last thought made me stop believing. The punisment of doubt is infinite pain in the hell. But it was not my choice to doubt. God says that it is a perfect being. But a perfect being cannot judge a person for the things they did not choose to do. So god is lying and is not a perfect being. Or there is no God. That day i stopped believing. And I can say that I live very peacefully now.

And now to answer your question. I think there is nothing like a God. Think like this way: If you believe that there must be a god to create something from nothing, then there must be something to create the god from nothing. And again there must be something to create that something from nothing. As you can see there is no limit of this. So I think there is no point to think there must be a god to create humans. Humans could just existed not created. -It will seem unrelated but this made me think about a theory about the time. As we cannot label something as the beginning of the time it is possible that the timeline is extending in both ways, to future and to past.- To return to oriinal subject, I think if there IS a god then it is certainly not a moral god. And I have infinite reasons for this claim...
"Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar. Ask yourself, all of you,
What power would HELL have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream of Heaven?"
-Dream

cainam_nazier

You guys keep bringing up morality as being a bases for being human.  Human is just what we call things with our physical design.  And morality is highly subjective.  My insane friends morality is slightly off from the rest of the base social structure, but that's what makes him crazy, per the social norm.  But in his mind he is moral and right, and it is everyone else who does not see things correctly and are crazy.  

Look at cannibals.  Granted there are not as many around anymore because the population as a whole doesn't care for them.  But are their morals considered lower than our own?  With in their group they take care of each other, their young, and look to improve their situation.  It is not as if they have children so they have some thing to eat.

So I would ask are we conscious without a god?  Can we think outside of ourselves with out a god figure?  Is to be self aware to be aware of a higher power?  Or is the idea of a higher power only there to make us feel better so we do not have to be aware of our environment?  Is god just a universal scapegoat?

To be self aware is to be aware of your environment.  To be aware of things great than yourself.  But things beyond our control or our ability to understand have always been linked to some higher power.  But because some thing is beyond or control or we do not understand it does not mean there is a god or many gods, and we are still human.  But it does not mean that there is not a god or many gods either, and we are still human.

God or no god, we are still human.  But even if, as suggested before, every one was to wake tomorrow as if the idea of god never existed, we would still attribute some thing to the things that we don't understand.  That is our base nature, our fear forces us to rationalize.  But to seek out the answers to what we don't know, that is what it is to be human, that is what we have been doing since the dawn of time, or at least since we became aware.

ChineseRoom

Depends on what you mean by "Human." Biologically, yes we are human, with or without god or gods. If you mean emotionally (which, I'd imagine, would be a pretty slipper and vague definition) I dont see why not. Many atheists I know are "Human" in both senses, as well as agnostics, humanists, pantheists, deists, and so forth.
It's time to leave the  fundamentalists and the  relativists in the margins of history.