News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Define love?!

Previous topic - Next topic

Fourthdimension

Ok firstly i just finished work and its 2am so am not feeling the love right now lol
But what just is love?

Define unconditional love between a child and mother?
The love between two lovers?
The love for god and life?
Define love as an energy or without a manifestation through actions?

Just what is love and what gives all the above types of love a connection for those to fit in the same catagorie.
most people i know see love as an action between two individuals such as sex or giving a present to someone or a compasiionate remark.
but as a no physical manifestation what is love is love an external force which influences us to act in a loving way

well thts my 2am ranting over
night night take care :)
Click here
for the astral pulse chat and type in the channel #ubchat
alternatively go to http://webchat.freenode.net

kailaurius

Killa Rican

BABY DONT HURT MEEEEE!  :-D

:evil:
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice. ~Joseph Dunninger

CFTraveler

AmbientSound

Illusions aside, love is everything, and everything is love.

Jarrod

Romantic love is a mutual illusion of purpose.  It allows people to function in a world in which they can find no other reason to exist.  You can exist for the other because they need you.

Other kinds of love I think would be better described as compassion.  I don't have an explanation for compassion, probably because the mind can't understand it because it doesn't come from the mind.  It comes from the heart.

That's my opinion anyway :)

Lezi

I believe that real love is the best kind, unconditional love. Of course there is a lot of "love" in the world but alot of it is based on lust, infatuation etc. Love is real when you can watch the one you love go to pieces and still love them.

Love shouldn't have limitations or conditions. Like for instance, if your significant other has to buy you expensive gifts to recieve your love or affection, then it isn't love. Unfortunately this kind of love is rare anymore :|

personalreality

love is an experience that is no different than any other.  it's importance is neither greater or lesser than any other experience.  it's definition is as abstract and subjective as any other experience.  i don't know about anyone else, but i don't like another person telling me what my experience should feel like.
be awesome.

Xanth

Quote from: personalreality on November 15, 2010, 22:39:26
love is an experience that is no different than any other.  it's importance is neither greater or lesser than any other experience.  it's definition is as abstract and subjective as any other experience.  i don't know about anyone else, but i don't like another person telling me what my experience should feel like.
And that very reason is why I think this PUL stuff isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

Lezi

Quote from: personalreality on November 15, 2010, 22:39:26

I'm not telling you what your experience should be like. I'm just offering my opinion. Take it or leave it. Doesn't matter to me 8-)

personalreality

I wasn't responding specifically to you Lezi, no worries.

Just throwing in my perspective.  And I should clarify because CFT commented on it as well before we lost those few hours yesterday.  My point is that none of us can truly understand the emotional experience of another person and they can't understand ours.  So there's really no sense in even trying to share it.
be awesome.

Taoistguy

Rpmantic love is very close to insanity. The brain patterns and hormones are similare to someone with a brain disorder like schizophrenia.

Which is akin to quodrophenia! ;)

Lezi

Quote from: Taoistguy on November 17, 2010, 12:32:36
Rpmantic love is very close to insanity. The brain patterns and hormones are similare to someone with a brain disorder like schizophrenia.

Which is akin to quodrophenia! ;)

I know, everytime I see a couple in love I can't help but mentally chuckle at how much more sane I am than them. Just kidding but it is strange what love can do to someone.

CFTraveler

Quote from: personalreality on November 17, 2010, 12:20:43
I wasn't responding specifically to you Lezi, no worries.

Just throwing in my perspective.  And I should clarify because CFT commented on it as well before we lost those few hours yesterday.  My point is that none of us can truly understand the emotional experience of another person and they can't understand ours.  So there's really no sense in even trying to share it.
No one said you had to share it.

personalreality

didn't say anyone was requiring it. 

just said that i feel it is pointless to try.

and the op asked for opinions didn't they?  that's what you said yesterday. 

anyway, like i said to lezi, no worries CFT.  I seem to be the wet blanket in this thread so I'll chill on being contradictory.

be awesome.