News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Disciples of the Mysterium

Previous topic - Next topic

personalreality

This is an excerpt from a Michael Tsarion article called "Disciples of the Mysterium":

The Age of Catastrophe caused the ego of man to take birth. The ego arose like a ghost from the grave of a shattered consciousness. However, not only was the ego born from the flames of chaos, it was itself wounded by the trauma that fragmented man's ancestral psyche. The trauma that brought ruin to one form of consciousness, and crisis to the subsequent form, has not been healed. It remains a memory within the subconscious, and lies at the root of the peculiar psychological traits - the masochism, sadism, and psychopathic tendencies - found in the vast majority of human beings. The pain and scarring caused by ancestral trauma is the reason why the ego is so characteristically rigid and defensive. In fact, the ego's very existence is due to its capacity for exclusivity, autonomy, and differentiation. These tendencies, however, do not exist merely because the ego seeks to differentiate itself from the so-called "Id," or unconscious. They exist because the ancestral psyche experienced trauma and fragmentation, which in turn caused the ego to "contract" and "armor" itself. The destabilization eventually caused the ego to gradually section itself off from the rest of consciousness. It also caused the ego to develop an irrational antipathy toward Nature. Therefore, since the Age of Catastrophe, the traumatized ego has been wary of and hostile toward Nature. This fact has not been given the attention and thought it deserves. In short, the defensiveness of the ego complex is a direct result of psychic insecurity caused by elemental chaos.

What is more, the repressed antipathy felt by the ego toward Nature increases over time. One might say that the fear of Nature has, in Jungian parlance, become an "archetypal" idea. Man may not be consciously aware of his antipathy toward the natural world, but he does experience the consequences of it. In fact, man's well-recorded search for "meaning" - together with his "spiritual" ardor and aspiration - is an effect of his repressed antipathy and even animosity toward Nature and her processes. Man's search for the "essence" or "mystery" of life is his irrational method of regaining paradise, that is, the communion with "Allness" that was tragically lost in ages past.

thoughts on this segment?

here's the link
http://www.taroscopes.com/miscellanous-pages/disciples.html
be awesome.

AmbientSound

Fred Alan Wolf (a reputable quantum physicist) says that time is inseparable from ego in his book, The Yoga of Time Travel. It is one of the best books on consciousness, quantum physics, and time I have ever read (actually, still reading).

Closer to the bit you posted, David Icke offers similar views on his site. I was not sure what to make of him at first, but after having checked out several hours' worth of his interviews, I'd say there are few people who have made as much sense as he does.

Eckhart Tolle also addresses the issue with ego in his book, The Power of Now. He offers ways in which we can dissolve our ego and keep our consciousness in the Now, rather than allowing our minds to worry about the future or lament over the past, by ceasing to identify with our minds. He states that we suffer because we give ourselves time, and time is what allows suffering to continue. If we were to let go of the things that cause us suffering, we would awaken to the Now.

I will say, however, that even though I finished the book, I have not quite finished processing everything in The Power of Now, so I haven't formed my final opinion on Tolle's viewpoint on the matter. The Yoga of Time Travel seems much easier for me, in an informational way, to digest, and I believe the reason for that to be how it reads.

ingerul9

I recently finished reading this article from Michael Tsarion. I think it is one of the most beautiful written essays about the idea of being.

In the whole article he emphasizes the differences between being and trying to understand nature with the intelectual mind. He puts nice quotes from the way of the TAO.

So many are asking questions about what makes the things in life tick and they don't appreciate the way things are. Instead of being they get caught in endless pursuit of knowledge regarding the mechanics of reality. Simply being means being open to All That Is in full glory. Accepting life as it is and merging with it, immersing in it, enjoying it every moment of your life. That's what is all about. We don't have the capacity to fully understand how it was all made. And we simply don't need too. Life is to be enjoyed by its beauty.

personalreality

I really like this article as well. 

He also references an author in this article, Julian Jaynes, who I've really been getting into lately.  I can't say I buy everything in his book, but the research he does and the speculations he comes too are really interesting.  He basically offers a different perspective of "ancient history" separate from the extraterrestrial visitors hypothesis.  (I'm excluding the commonly accepted theories about ancient cultures, that they were just primitive versions of us)  Lately I find myself to be fascinated by the different theories about ancient cultures.  You grow up learning that they were just primitive us-es, but you are never really given a chance to stop and consider other possibilities. 
be awesome.

AmbientSound

Fred Alan Wolf elaborates a little on the way different cultures perceived time and how they thought about things. It can certainly be argued that time is subjective (since, really, it cannot be defined and all time is subject to alteration by movement and gravity) so one might imagine what kind of role this might play in cultural evolution. The Aborigines of Australia, for example, operated on Dream-Time (not in the literal sense) which was based on something outside of the physical world, something that would make very little sense to a person who was sufficiently culturally-conditioned enough by Western society. From what I have read, the concepts of Dream-Time seem difficult to translate into something a Westerner would understand, but it was thought that Dream-Time was cyclical, a hoop running parallel to, and touching, what we perceive as linear time.

Variations in the way that humans think about things, and really, diversity in general, is a great (and all too commonly overlooked) advantage.

ingerul9

The notions about time aren't so strange after all for many of us if we are studying with a different mindset. There's a great book about perception of time - Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi.

Whenever you are doing something that you really enjoy, time seems to be moving much faster. Whenever you dislike the experience you're having time seems to slow down. Remember a class where you had a really boring time and time would tick so slowly?